LEGO Deals 3

AWD has the LEGO Architecture Studio and Haunted House....in case anyone wants to spend $200+

I picked up the DeLorean in the AWD for like $20...not bad, box was smashed. Didn't open yet though, this weekend probably.
Good deal on the DeLorean, I'm a big BTTF fan but have yet to pick that set up, it's just so ugly, I have trouble justifying $35. I did get a few things from S@H yesterday, including the Ecto 1, and the boxes were smashed. It wasn't even UPS's fault as the box was completely fine and everything was packed tightly together, so they must have been sent like that. I almost wanted to pick up the phone and call S@H to complain, but I'm not a big collector of the boxes anyway. Still irks me though.

Good deal on the DeLorean, I'm a big BTTF fan but have yet to pick that set up, it's just so ugly, I have trouble justifying $35. I did get a few things from S@H yesterday, including the Ecto 1, and the boxes were smashed. It wasn't even UPS's fault as the box was completely fine and everything was packed tightly together, so they must have been sent like that. I almost wanted to pick up the phone and call S@H to complain, but I'm not a big collector of the boxes anyway. Still irks me though.
You should call. Maybe they'll give you a coupon or something. Their customer service is pretty awesome.

The BTTF set is uglier than hell, but the mini figures are great, and if you set it at the right angle (the back) it looks nice.

The BTTF set is uglier than hell, but the mini figures are great, and if you set it at the right angle (the back) it looks nice.
For $20, I figured it's worth it. I'm no LEGO expert, but I like some of the sets. I seem to just hunt for the deals for my kids.

I noticed the BTTF finally was gone on Amazon.....only 3rd party. No more $27.99 price tag.

Call or submit comment online. I had 2 sets cut by box cutters and they gave me $20 in VIP pts.

I got my KO Hulk 3-pack (grey, red, green Hulks) in the mail from China yesterday. Very impressed and my son is thrilled. Thanks for the tip!

I won't mind paying $199 for this one. $0.10 per piece is pretty standard anyway.
Right, this is actually better than the average cost per piece on half the SW UCS sets. Considering its almost 500 pieces more than the X-Wing that's the same price I consider it a step up for Lego.

Took a chance on a KO Shazam. This one was sloppy compared to the Phoenix I got. Face print is a little messy on the serious face, slightly better on the yelling face. The torso is slightly off center, broken lines towards the bottom. The cape doesn't seem to be the same material as what lego uses, not worse, just different. I only spent $2.99 shipped so my complaints are minor really

Amazon and walmart have the new Captain America set on sale for $14.97
Doc Ock heist set is also on sale for the same price

Last edited by a moderator:
Built the BTTF set this weekend with my son.....it's pretty lackluster.  The whole lack of a real windshield, the mini-figures don't even fit in the car if you want to close the doors.  Seems ok for a display item....cannot really play much with it, my son ripped the windshield off once (the little piece up front).  Also the pipes come off rather easy. 

I was able to get a few Lego Friends sets for my daughter on AWD though....the car and Karate.  Both under $10/each.  It was an ok deal....

Lego Technic Helicopter 9396 is $99.98 at TRU (in-store; couldn't find it online). MSRP is $119.99.

9396_box.png

I was able to get a few Lego Friends sets for my daughter on AWD though....the car and Karate. Both under $10/each. It was an ok deal....
I think what made me love Friends is LEGO finally got the price under control. There were $10 sets the first year that had 45 pieces. A $10 set now you get 80-120 pieces.

Haven't been around much (moved houses this summer). Now I have a great Lego building space. Just saw the Halloween and Christmas seasonal sets the the cardboard arches. Not impressed when compared to the Valentines bear and the Easter rabbit.

Anyone in South Florida, the Walmart in Florida City has a pair of Jabba's Sail Barges for $49.00 in the clearance section. There were three of em, but I couldn't pass that bad boy up.

Picked up the new seasonal polys from Target - Batwing and Artic scout
Thanks for the heads up, stopped by my local Target but they havent put out any of the Halloween stuff yet, still just a lot of school stuff on clearance. Good to know the Batwing is hitting.

I think I know what my kids are gonna be asking for when the holidays roll around this year. Lego Fusion looks pretty awesome.

Brickset brings up the good point of Friends Animal series 6 has been released in England and North America hasn't gotten series 5 yet.

This brings up the good point of are they selling?  Will they be ending in the USA?  There was the series with the deer that I only saw for a few weeks, yet series 4 has been around what seems like forever.  I missed out on the deer, I'll be pissed if I miss out on the bear and more so the seal.

Exo-Suit back up on Amazon! Go!

amazon.com/gp/product/B00L2DL6GG/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00L2DL6N4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=004HG30S9VATGJD6K1TY

How is the Captain America set? I see Walmart has 2 Spider-Man ones for the same cost and I'm trying to decide which one to pick up first.
I haven't put it together yet but couldn't pass the set up for the sale price.

If you are debating the two Spider-man sets - Doc Ock Truck Heist or Spider-cycle chase - I'd say its a toss up. The Spider-cycle chase is oldest so likely to retire soon but it's also frequently on sale at Target, Amazon and Walmart in the $15 range. I have that set, it's great, love the Venom minifig, the vehicles are alright. The Doc Ock truck heist is newer, came out earlier this year, I haven't seen it as cheap as it is at Walmart right now but Amazon usually knocks a couple bucks off. I want it just for the Doc Ock figure, which is better than the previously released Ultimate Spider-man version, the armored truck looks nice too. Don't really care about the truck driver and don't need another Spider-man. I plan on going back to TRU to price match today because I have another coupon, didn't want to press my luck yesterday.

Not in Canada but just a note on TRU stuff, if you can find the research institute swoop it up because its not longer offered at S@H and whatever is in Lego stores is it.

Also, yesterday TRU had the jack o' lantern polys that have been around for a year or two

My Target was putting out the candy today but there wasn't any of the other (Lego) Halloween stuff out yet.
Every store is set up a little different but if it helps I found them on an end cap of the Halloween stuff

That's awesome. My Target has literally nothing on the shelves, but hopefully they will be the same price. Target polybags are randomly priced by store.

I found a box of them, they will be on an end cap in the Halloween section. I bought three for $3.49. I want to get several more. It's really nice. How a mini figure can cost $4 and a set with pieces and a PRINTED front piece that's very cool and classic space like is cheaper.

Walmart YMMV Clearance Report

San Diego, CA Shoreline Drive store -- not in the middle aisle "Clearance" section, but on the back wall of the toy section with some other random stuff, like where you expect to find boardgames.

LEGO 9493 X-Wing Starfighter (Current Edition) down to $40 (regular $59.99)

There were 3 on the shelves, 2 after I left =)  One of them has both a $45 and a $40 clearance sticker, the other only has a $45 clearance sticker, but rang up at the register for $40.  Sweet deal, Amazon Prime is at $48.99 for this right now.

Yesterday I went to walgreens (in search of proto fett, none to be found of course) but saw sith trooper packs and clone vs droideka packs marked down to $3.29 each so I picked up a couple. Funny thing is I went to TRU afterwards and saw them priced $17.99 each there
Picked up Doc Ock truck heist too

Yesterday I went to walgreens (in search of proto fett, none to be found of course) but saw sith trooper packs and clone vs droideka packs marked down to $3.29 each so I picked up a couple. Funny thing is I went to TRU afterwards and saw them priced $17.99 each there
Picked up Doc Ock truck heist too
I ordered two Proto Fett online....still waiting for them to ship though...hmmm. I should check in store.

Only thing marked clearance I saw at my Walmart was the Pirate Ship Ambush for 74.XX  Did notice that they had maybe 15-20 palets of clearance toys out in the garden center still in their boxes.  Did see some Lego boxes but couldn't see what the sets were.

Hit a Walmart yesterday in the midst of mark downs.  Got the Mandalorian Fighter for $20, several of last season's SW sets for half off like the Grievous Wheelbike, Droid Fighter, larger battle pack sets, Coast Guard Cutter $40, Coast Guard Heli $11 and a full set of the Legends GotG for $10 each.

Thank you for sharing!

My Favorites...

Purple leaves!

The new sand green railings!

Dark blue Mixel!  

A Friends hot air balloon and light house.

And the reindeer for this year (at Toys N Bricks ) is awesome.  Now I wish I had the bunny, but getting the turkey and reindeer.

A City truck with potty.

Chima battle packs!

Dark red brick bricks.

bread's done
Back