LEGO Deals 3

Crazedracerguy, if you are in San Diego then that might've been me checking the bags :p

I did find the fire truck for 5.98, thanks tophrman for the heads up there were no signs or tags for it. This was lemon grove location.

I went to tru right after at 12:10p and stood in line with my kid for about 25 min or so until I was able to do the build. Cool poster.

Apparently folks were there from 11:30a and I heard some ppl get there as early as 11am sometimes. I imagine the bat signal build will be popular next week.

Saw a dude searching minifigs at my local Target today... Took my kid to TRU today to get a toy and they were having a free build today for a little Star Wars fighter. 42 pieces. I didn't even know it was going on. I waited in line and got my kid one. The build was unremarkable. I just dumped all the pieces out into his Lego bin when I got home.

I went to the Natick store yesterday. The lady said to call on Tuesday for the research set. She said there's a good chance they will come in.

They also had tons of the Simpsons figures, which is weird since this is the first time I've seen two series at the same time.

Found the new figs at Meijer, 3.99 each... we're just getting them, nowhere else in town is getting any in. Been everywhere an hour radius of me. :/ Have an extra rock star because I felt stuff in a hurry... oops. Going to get the rest tomorrow when the wife gets off work and Gotham is over.

Yeah, wasn't sold on that freebie. Just looks like a jumble of blocks. The X-wing/TIE from last year are much cooler.
I agree, but to me the Ghost is an unremarkable design to begin with. Even the larger Lego set is pretty meh.

Lego-Star-Wars-Rebels-Ghost.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm the 5.98 price of 60002 fire truck in Miami Lakes target, I picked up the last two today. Also I have seen the camper van on clearance at multiple targets, only in stock in the Pembroke pines location for 13.98. I am probably late to the party on that one but I haven't noticed it posted here yet. If I didn't already have it it would be an easy buy for $14. 

Found the new minifigs at Target, and they were $2.99.  This is even at a Target that tends to be more expensive than its neighbors on certain toys, so maybe the price is $2.99 everywhere, or mostlywhere.

I've been dropping into Targets here for the past couple weeks, and this is the first time I've found them.  Full endcap display and it looks like I was one of the first to this one, as it was well stocked.  No problem finding any of them, though I only felt one Princess during the whole time.

Picked up a full set.

Weird. One store has the truck and it scans at full price. One other store had a shelf tag at 5.98, but they're all gone. Been trying to get the fire stuff when it's cheap. My dad was a fire chief for 49!years and passed away a couple of months ago. Like the fire stuff because it remonds my kid and I of my dad. may grab at the one and then go to the other and make them price match, since it doesn't appear as a clearance price on the shelf tag.

Found a store with 3. Was going to buy them all, but stopped to tell a mom that they had Disney Princess LeapPad 2's on clearance for $30, but mismarked at $41 and she saw the Legos and asked if they were the ones that were 5.98. I felt bad with 3, so I gave her one to buy. My kid and I can still build 2.

target does indeed have the figures for 3.  lego store was sold out of the research lab today, guy in front of me got the last couple.  they had brown mixes on sale for 3 each, of the series 2. 

I've been wanting to get into some Lego's lately, so my son and I picked up the Doc Ock Heist and Capt America VS Hydra sets at Target yesterday for 14.99 each.

Any deals anywhere on that Simpson's house?

I've been wanting to get into some Lego's lately, so my son and I picked up the Doc Ock Heist and Capt America VS Hydra sets at Target yesterday for 14.99 each.

Any deals anywhere on that Simpson's house?
Amazon Warehouse Deals has had them for about $165.

EDIT - Interestingly in the new catalog that came today there is series 6 Friends Animals listed, but not series 5, however series 6 is not online. I really want a seal (or two) and the panda bear to used a stuffed animal.

New Bionicle sets, the random thing I made looks like the official water one, but with tons of skis.

http://www.brickjournal.com/view/article/439/

Wife found the Ninja Turtles lair (movie) on clearance at Walmart for $30.

I was able to find the 60002 City fire truck for $5.98

My sister-in-law picked up a Research Institute for me at her local Lego store (Columbus, OH).

Is Lego producing more of these, or are the stores just getting one last shipment?

My sister-in-law picked up a Research Institute for me at her local Lego store (Columbus, OH).

Is Lego producing more of these, or are the stores just getting one last shipment?
Produce more of a set that sold out in 6 hours?! :lol: You sir are too funny.

It's gone. If it's not a license Cuusoo / Ideas set LEGO doesn't care about it.

Are the pet shop and town hall discontinued? I thought I would get away with not buying one this year, but I might have to...
According to a report on ToysNBricks last week, http://toysnbricks.com/10211-grand-emporium-officially-sold-out-retired/ the Grand Emporium is retired but Lego has not made any official announcement. Based upon when they were released GE would be the next to be retired, followed by the Pet Shop then the Town Hall.

I checked Shop at home just now and Town Hall just shows as "Sold Out", no further ship date or info given but it also doesn't show as retired.

Pet Shop shows as "Out of stock, ships in 30 days". Grand Emporium shows as "Call to check availability"

A good buddy of mine posted this on another forum. Lego has never given official word on producing more Research Institute sets (however they did for the Exo suit) only to check at your local Lego store. So who knows, maybe this rumored approach to the Tumbler applies to the Research Institute too?

Saw this post in another forum from an employee of a Lego store. As always, take with a grain of salt, but I have noticed that my local Lego store in Pleasanton, CA has had them in stock for the past two weekends. Last weekend, there were two on the shelves (most likely more in the back), and the previous weekend, I bought the last one, which they had to bring out from the back. If you live near a Lego store, give them a call to see if they have them in stock. I also heard that they are getting deliveries on the holiday schedule now, twice a week vs once a week. Good luck.

"Just wanted to give an update on the Tumbler situation to try and ease people's concerns.

Today at work a customer asked one of the supervisors about the Tumbler and brought up that online, it says that it's sold out for the rest of 2014.

The reason my super gave them, was that Lego has been having a lot of trouble with monitoring the online orders, and resellers have been taking advantage and ordering multiple sets either under the same name or making multiple accounts and placing the orders that way. This, of course, totally screws over people that actually want them.

In an effort to prevent this from happening as much, Lego is apparently allocating their inventory just to Lego Stores for the remainder of the year. That way, they can have a little more control over who's buying them, limiting them to one per household or customer if necessary, etc."

I'm sure this is less than ideal for people that aren't near a Lego store, but the situation should hopefully be back to normal by the beginning of next year. I have no idea if this is something Lego will do with all USC / special sets going forward (Slave 1) or not, just that it's become such a problem with the Tumbler that it's something they're trying out.

Found 75013 (Star Wars Umbaran Mobile Heavy Cannon) for $15 at Target today. Shelf tag marked just like the fire truck sets. It's a $50 set regularly, great deal if your store has any left.

A good buddy of mine posted this on another forum. Lego has never given official word on producing more Research Institute sets (however they did for the Exo suit) only to check at your local Lego store. So who knows, maybe this rumored approach to the Tumbler applies to the Research Institute too?
Very well could be the case. I went to my local store over the weekend with my son and asked about the research institute. He said they had gotten 3 sets in on Friday but they sold out by the afternoon. He said to call again next Friday as they were expecting more. When I asked about them being sold out, he explicitly said they were making more but only to be sold in stores. I just figured he didn't know what he was talking about.

Take that however you will. I usally don't think that retail employees have too much of a clue about their supply chain. But hearing someone else provide a similar story (albeit with a different set - the tumblr) at least gives me some hope.

As for the resellers being a problem, I hope they are not thinking of making some sets unofficially "in store only" as a solution. There are not nearly enough lego stores for this to be convenient for most people. And I would argue that it would only encourage resellers further. I am about 30 minutes away from a lego store. When faced with the question of paying a scalper for a set to be shipped to me versus having to make the trek out to a store, it can actually make the reseller price look a little more appealing in terms of overall cost/time wasted.

Found 75013 (Star Wars Umbaran Mobile Heavy Cannon) for $15 at Target today. Shelf tag marked just like the fire truck sets. It's a $50 set regularly, great deal if your store has any left.
Checked by me and it's still $50. Found 2 more 60002 though. I have an army of fire trucks now.

Also, it's not like a scalper who is near a store can't get around a "one per person" limit.  They'll have to get out and about, but most toy scalpers do that anyway.

If anyone is awesome, could someone grab me the Batsignal at the toys r us build? I have no means of transportation to this one :(

Wooot! :D I may end up getting one, the lady *may* have Saturday off, and she loves LEGOs so... if she does, I'll be there myself, hopefully not puking on people :p

Any advice for some one just getting into legos? I went through amazon and added all the sets I'm interested in and it's over a grand haha. I'm planning on getting the Simpsons house as my first main set and might try some of the smaller batman/marvel sets too. Shold I wait until Black Friday, or do places have sales on a regular basis?

Most Black Friday deals aren't worth leaving the house for.  Watching clearance sales is the cheapest way to build a collection.  There should be clearance sales after xmas.

bread's done
Back