LEGO Deals 3

I went in on the double points and snow scene.  Ordered the Palace Cinema(had $25 in points to use).  I doubt a better offer will come along before Christmas.

Also got a couple Rocket Raccoons earlier.  Had to drive across town, rather than my usual TRU, to get 'em, but they'll make great stocking stuffers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you able to buy the single polys?  I got the advent calendar and got one, but I wanted to get another one and they wouldn't sell it to me, even though it rings up as $4.99.   

I'm going to go back tomorrow and buy the same exact thing, and return the advent calendar later.   F them!

amazon is doing a deal where only a few of their LEGO sets get an additional 25% off with code TYS25ARC — it works with ewok village (bringing price down to $199) and it works with Coast Guard Patrol ($79.99, on amazon $60.96, with add’l off should be about $45).

also works with Mindstorms EV3 31313 - and mindstorms are rarely discounted.

for all of the toys that the code works with, go here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/holidaytoylist/

Won't work on Lego Mindstorms for me. Maybe it was only sent to certain accounts.

ETA: You have to use an Amazon Rewards Visa Card. $50 max discount.

My store had them today.  Got 2 of each of the GotG, TMNT, Batwing and one Friends Jetski.  Looks like a couple promos overlap as I ended getting a GotG and TMNT poly for free.

[quote name="prim4444" post="12260359" timestamp="1416683007"]My store had them today. Got 2 of each of the GotG, TMNT, Batwing and one Friends Jetski. Looks like a couple promos overlap as I ended getting a GotG and TMNT poly for free.[/quote]
Dammit, I didn't think of that. I should go back and do that then. My store had a ton of Rockets but only a few TMNT.

The ones in Rochester NY had nothing.  :(  I was going to do what Prim did and buy 5 Rocket Rodents and a Friends set before my 10% off is canceled.

Prim, thanks for the idea. I managed to get the free rocket and tmnt by buying polys.

And yeah, that event was lame. When the guy said we couldn't take our creations home, I helped my son finish the car we were making and left. We were probably only there 5 minutes.

TRU Lego build was different today. They had boxes of bricks but you couldn't take your creations home. Just open build.
Same here, kind of sucked. I did however decide to go ahead and get Ecto-1, and it was a great build. They didn't have any of the free Rocket Rat polys, or TMNT. The had a Ninjago poly instead.

TRU is doing pre-Black Friday for Rewards R Us members. Check your email for your unique code (in-store or online). Only Lego deal I see is 50% off all Galaxy Squad sets.

Has anyone gotten into these sets? Are any of the models particularly worthwhile?

ETA: There's also 50% off all Kre-o sets.

TRU is doing pre-Black Friday for Rewards R Us members. Check your email for your unique code (in-store or online). Only Lego deal I see is 50% off all Galaxy Squad sets.

Has anyone gotten into these sets? Are any of the models particularly worthwhile?

ETA: There's also 50% off all Kre-o sets.
Galaxy Squad is good. I don't have everything, but what I have put together, I have liked.

Vermin Vaporizer: Nice vehicle, cleverly integrated mech, relies a little too much on stickers. $35 is iffy. It was a bargain at the $18 I got it at from Target on clearance.

Warp Stinger : Odd, but clever. I really have no use for a bug...thing, but I like it. $17.50 is decent, though it's not a huge build.

Galactic Titan: Own, not built. Was available at Wal-Mart and Target for $50.

Bug Obliterator: Was available at Target for $42 for a long time. I passed on it then.

Eradicator Mech: This is the best price of all of them, and the cheapest I've seen it.

Hive Crawler: Was available at Target and Wal-Mart for $35ish. I passed, since I couldn't see how I would use the parts.

As you can see, TRU's sale is so-so. Good if you missed Target/Walmart clearance, but if it didn't kill you to miss them then, you can probably skip them now.

I will probably jump on the Eradicator Mech if I can get one, but I won't lose sleep if I don't. It's okay, but I'm not wild about the design or the colors. $20 for a mech and 440 pieces is hard to pass up, though.

Holy crap!

I'd seen the Amazon TYS25ARC code, but I didn't have an Amazon Rewards Visa, so I figured I was SOL.

However, I noticed today, if you apply for one, Amazon will throw a $70 gift card your way.

Sure enough, I applied and was granted a card moments later.  Which I could immediately use on the Ewok Village.

And the TYS25ARC code works with that!  So I got an Ewok Village and a stuffed bear for $145 shipped and after tax.

Holy crap!

I'd seen the Amazon TYS25ARC code, but I didn't have an Amazon Rewards Visa, so I figured I was SOL.

However, I noticed today, if you apply for one, Amazon will throw a $70 gift card your way.

Sure enough, I applied and was granted a card moments later. Which I could immediately use on the Ewok Village.

And the TYS25ARC code works with that! So I got an Ewok Village and a stuffed bear for $145 shipped and after tax.
I think the amount you get with the gift card is based on your credit or spending. I got $30 last year and someone else I know got $40.

TRU is allowing their rewards members to get Black Friday deals now.  But you need a code, and in typical TRU BS fashion not everyone is getting the code.  It be great way to get the GS sets for 50% off if you regret not doing so last year.   I'd by the green mech guy and probably big base, and smallest set, but no code and I can never longer go to the store I used to work at because I hate them so much.

TRU is allowing their rewards members to get Black Friday deals now. But you need a code, and in typical TRU BS fashion not everyone is getting the code. It be great way to get the GS sets for 50% off if you regret not doing so last year. I'd by the green mech guy and probably big base, and smallest set, but no code and I can never longer go to the store I used to work at because I hate them so much.
So what's the story? Did you knock over the magazine rack on your way out?

TRU is allowing their rewards members to get Black Friday deals now. But you need a code, and in typical TRU BS fashion not everyone is getting the code. It be great way to get the GS sets for 50% off if you regret not doing so last year. I'd by the green mech guy and probably big base, and smallest set, but no code and I can never longer go to the store I used to work at because I hate them so much.
Yeah... what encendido said. This is worse than trolling... telling hateful stories and not revealing anything.

I quit via not showing up and text.  They called at like Midnight Tuesday saying I was supposed to be in, even though 6am Sunday I was told not to come in until 11-11:30 Wednesday Night.  So I go out of town and visit a friend, then 10 feet of snow falls in Buffalo and everything is canceled even though I'm not in the snow.  The phone call pissed me off being it was right after Amtrak canceled the train I needed, and then canceled a few more.

The whole experience was a mess of shit.  They complained I missed too many days (When I missed two), but I have no clue when I'm supposed to work because they only post the schedules on Thursdays or Fridays, then revise them the next day.  They have canceled shifts on me and many others because the store was "over hours".  I called out once because of train issues and it was a four hour shift, they didn't want to here why.  I went in last week, Thursday or Friday and my manager went "Didn't you get a call saying not to come in?" and I went "Yeah on Tuesday night, she said not to come in tonight" and I was never scheduled that night, and wasn't home, so I ignored it.  I called in once because of the LEGO VIP Comic Con thing.  I wasn't going to miss it just because I might have a shift.  But they canceled so many shifts on me (Because I worked 2-4 days a week instead of the normal 1-2) because the truck is too small, then a few times gave them back. I guess because I have pretty open availability this time of year they expect me to just sit around all day waiting to see if they called my shift off or not. So instead of dealing with their bullshit I just went 'I'm stuck in NY, not sure when I'll be back", I'm just happy I made it home (And on time!) before Thanksgiving.

I quit via not showing up and text. They called at like Midnight Tuesday saying I was supposed to be in, even though 6am Sunday I was told not to come in until 11-11:30 Wednesday Night. So I go out of town and visit a friend, then 10 feet of snow falls in Buffalo and everything is canceled even though I'm not in the snow. The phone call pissed me off being it was right after Amtrak canceled the train I needed, and then canceled a few more.

The whole experience was a mess of shit. They complained I missed too many days (When I missed two), but I have no clue when I'm supposed to work because they only post the schedules on Thursdays or Fridays, then revise them the next day. They have canceled shifts on me and many others because the store was "over hours". I called out once because of train issues and it was a four hour shift, they didn't want to here why. I went in last week, Thursday or Friday and my manager went "Didn't you get a call saying not to come in?" and I went "Yeah on Tuesday, she said not to come in tonight" and I was never scheduled that night. I called in once because of the LEGO VIP thing. I wasn't going to miss it just because I might have a shift. But they canceled so many shifts on me (Because I worked 2-4 days a week instead of the 1-2) because the truck is too small, then a few times gave them back. I guess because I have pretty open availability this time of year they expect me to just sit around all day waiting to see if they called my shift off or not. So instead of dealing with their bullshit I just went 'I'm stuck in NY, not sure when I'll be back", I'm just happy I made it home (And on time!) before Thanksgiving.
Sorry to hear that. This is why you never want to work at places you frequent. It's almost guaranteed to be a letdown, and only hurts you in the end.

In all honestly I barely buy from TRU, but they are sometimes the only place to get the polybags.  I'm planning on moving anyways.  If I actually got ahold of the HR at Lowes in NY I wasn't coming back anyways.  She called a week and a half ago on a Wednesday, I called her 9 times in a week and never got in touch with her.  Phone took off so I can hear the background, but she wouldn't reply, the ringing 100 times rule, the famous "Let's just send his call around the store", had one nice guy take my name and number and leave her a note... nope, nadda.  Got to love retail!

If anyone still has a store with Rockets can they buy me a few (Like 5) because a friend and I are looking for them.  While I was in NY I found an attractive gay LEGO mini figure fan!  We have nothing in common besides our love for Nintendo and LEGO, but now I have someone else I know is reliable to trade with!

Are the codes unique? Because I'm not going to use mine.

Are the codes unique? Because I'm not going to use mine.
They seem to be, I resigned up and got a code. Plus if you want all the sets I think you might need two codes (There is a limit on the amount you can save).

I quit via not showing up and text. They called at like Midnight Tuesday saying I was supposed to be in, even though 6am Sunday I was told not to come in until 11-11:30 Wednesday Night. So I go out of town and visit a friend, then 10 feet of snow falls in Buffalo and everything is canceled even though I'm not in the snow. The phone call pissed me off being it was right after Amtrak canceled the train I needed, and then canceled a few more.

The whole experience was a mess of shit. They complained I missed too many days (When I missed two), but I have no clue when I'm supposed to work because they only post the schedules on Thursdays or Fridays, then revise them the next day. They have canceled shifts on me and many others because the store was "over hours". I called out once because of train issues and it was a four hour shift, they didn't want to here why. I went in last week, Thursday or Friday and my manager went "Didn't you get a call saying not to come in?" and I went "Yeah on Tuesday night, she said not to come in tonight" and I was never scheduled that night, and wasn't home, so I ignored it. I called in once because of the LEGO VIP Comic Con thing. I wasn't going to miss it just because I might have a shift. But they canceled so many shifts on me (Because I worked 2-4 days a week instead of the normal 1-2) because the truck is too small, then a few times gave them back. I guess because I have pretty open availability this time of year they expect me to just sit around all day waiting to see if they called my shift off or not. So instead of dealing with their bullshit I just went 'I'm stuck in NY, not sure when I'll be back", I'm just happy I made it home (And on time!) before Thanksgiving.
Not gonna lie, this was less epic than I thought it'd be. At any rate, hope things work out for you. Holidays are a shitty time to be out of work.

I was expecting something a bit more dramatic. I've quit establishments in much more spectacular ways and still gone back and shopped there.

Just watched Inside Lego on Netflix. I didn't know the company was in such a slump 10 years ago. Pretty cool story how they turned it around. 

Most profitable toy company in the world. Can a motherfucker get a price break on some of this shit? Damn. 

It's not epic I just don't ever want to see those assholes again. :lol: I'm sure if they have a good sale (hahaha) I'll be back.

I worked for TRU 15 years ago, right after I got out of high school. They are a truly terrible employer, with (at least then) no business sense either. I cannot believe that they still exist today.

They seem to be, I resigned up and got a code. Plus if you want all the sets I think you might need two codes (There is a limit on the amount you can save).
Is that code online only? Because I went into a TRU yesterday and was able to pick up a Galaxy Squad set for 50% off in-store with just a Rewards card - no code needed. There were even signs up by the GS sets advertising the pre-BF deal for Rewards members.

It's not online only. The code is usable only once online, but yes, the deal was live in stores.

You can call and they'll give you a code. They didn't even ask for my membership number.

Damn.  I would have told my mom to go to Toys R Us and get me the big set for Christmas.  I thought it was online only.  Now they are all out.  Oh well.

Birds...

https://dp1eoqdp1qht7.cloudfront.net/community/blogs/1/1686429-21301_Prod.PNG

They look nice 506 pieces I believe and $45, pricing could have been worse, but it could have been a lot better too.

And another reason I hate TRU, they never gave me an answer on how TRU math has time and a half of $9 be 12.3725 and not $13.50.

Those birds look really nice. Still no interest in them though.

Just watched Inside Lego on Netflix. I didn't know the company was in such a slump 10 years ago. Pretty cool story how they turned it around.

Most profitable toy company in the world. Can a motherfucker get a price break on some of this shit? Damn.
I watched that a few weeks ago. Mildly interesting. Seemed like more of a puff piece than an in depth look at LEGO. It just left me wanting more.

Damn. I would have told my mom to go to Toys R Us and get me the big set for Christmas. I thought it was online only. Now they are all out. Oh well.

Birds...

https://dp1eoqdp1qht7.cloudfront.net/community/blogs/1/1686429-21301_Prod.PNG

They look nice 506 pieces I believe and $45, pricing could have been worse, but it could have been a lot better too.

And another reason I hate TRU, they never gave me an answer on how TRU math has time and a half of $9 be 12.3725 and not $13.50.
I have the exosuit holding my name placard on my desk. I figure my son can build the birds and my wife can do the same with them at her office. I really hope they go for something more epic next time though.

Those birds look really nice. Still no interest in them though.

I watched that a few weeks ago. Mildly interesting. Seemed like more of a puff piece than an in depth look at LEGO. It just left me wanting more.
All of those docs or kinda like EPK to show the success of the company they are covering. I can't quite tell why they were made but I found the lego one mildly interesting as well.

The rumor on Brockset is they are actually going to be making the massive Helicarrier from Avengers, so that would be pretty epic.

The rumor on Brockset is they are actually going to be making the massive Helicarrier from Avengers, so that would be pretty epic.
Yeah I saw that. Part of me is mad that it's another branded thing rather than an original IP but I'll take it over Doctor Who or Big Bang Theory. I'm just surprised that it wouldn't get absorbed as a UCS under the already big Marvel line.

Yeah I saw that. Part of me is mad that it's another branded thing rather than an original IP but I'll take it over Doctor Who or Big Bang Theory. I'm just surprised that it wouldn't get absorbed as a UCS under the already big Marvel line.
I want Doctor Who!

All of the next review is branded things isn't it?

And you bring up a very good legal issue. What if the set isn't based on the Ideas set but was planned before it? Could the Ideas person sue LEGO for (seemingly) stealing the idea?

I want Doctor Who!

All of the next review is branded things isn't it?

And you bring up a very good legal issue. What if the set isn't based on the Ideas set but was planned before it? Could the Ideas person sue LEGO for (seemingly) stealing the idea?
No because it's not based on an original IP, making it extremely difficult to prove that it's wholly original. Plus, the only helicarrier I remember seeing on ideas was a monstrosity that never possibly go into production.

bread's done
Back