LEGO Deals 3

Walmart dropped the Milano price down to $35 around me.  It must have happened yesterday because I checked on Sunday.  Oh well, at least I got my $54 one.

What is this baby bunny set and why are people so interested? I'm assuming it's Friends. Is it rare or something?
It has baby bunnies.

It replaced the Friends Series Animals, cost $5 now but more / bigger pieces and baby bunnies. Everyone likes new food and animals, and it's baby bunnies.

Walmart dropped the Milano price down to $35 around me. It must have happened yesterday because I checked on Sunday. Oh well, at least I got my $54 one.
I was just going to report this. Found one store with one Milano left at $35. Also grabbed the TMNT submarine set for $30...needed Donny for the boy to have all the turtles.

What is this baby bunny set and why are people so interested? I'm assuming it's Friends. Is it rare or something?
Baby bunnies are the draw for that set. Lego had only made a few different types of animals until a few years ago. The friends line has increased the fauna in Legoland by a substantial amount and we're getting in on it before they stop and the after market prices for these things get ridiculous.

If that was too long to read, here's a shortened version:

OMGBUNNIESWTFBBQ

How do you guys buy stuff for store pick up at the price listed? I can only do it on the website and it comes up full price.
You have to use the app and while on the item page click "Store Availability", the stores will list the price they have it in the system. 90% of the time your item will be canceled, but you might get lucky.

I haven't bought any of the bunny sets yet, I'm trying to save money, but in a few years if LEGO doesn't reuse the baby bunny mold for some Friends Farm theme I can see one going for a lot. Better to get some now before it's too late. I want two before Easter. i don't want this to be like the Movie CMF line all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mobile site was working when I tried store pickup on clearance last week, but I can't get it work now and the app has the same result. It shows $35 in the app, but wants to charge me full price at checkout. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't buy it.

I'm buying one every chance I get. 6 sets and counting. My wife keeps giggling at me and my baby bunny obsession...

On another note, I managed to score a $35 blackbird. still overpriced, but definitely better then $50
Walmart dropped the Milano price down to $35 around me. It must have happened yesterday because I checked on Sunday. Oh well, at least I got my $54 one.
Damn...for only a few dollars more you may have been able to score one of these:

E99F9C5B-1706-4790-A9A5-224A65A75185_zpsgx4fwpfg.jpg

Now the real question ... were those acquired through nature or karkycoing the sets between Targets?
What do you think? Don't feed the troll.

I ordered three sets from Walmart today, two were canceled but the $35 Milano went through. I don't like the Super Hero sets 90% of the time because they are helicopters with Batman and I don't need helicopters or Batman. But the big ones are great. And after what they did to the Quinjet I'm really glad I bought the first one.

The mobile site was working when I tried store pickup on clearance last week, but I can't get it work now and the app has the same result. It shows $35 in the app, but wants to charge me full price at checkout. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't buy it.
If the set is available for online shipping, all the store prices come up as the website shipping price. In this case, you'll actually have to scan the set in the store. Milano prices and stock were accurate all day until this afternoon when the set became available for shipping and then all the store prices(according to the app) became the shipping price. Unless somebody has a work-around for this?

The app isn't always right. I saw a star destroyer set even though the app said it was out of stock. $109 though.

I did buy the turtle van for $19, the turtles sub for $30, the modok set for $39, and a mindstorms ev3 for $200. Online return?

Oh and a huge millenium falcon (non lego) for $15. I'm going to save it for a birthday gift.

Wow I bought a Milano for $54 this morning and by the time I drove to work in the afternoon it dropped to $35. Here's hoping to some good target finds this week.

Here's hoping to some good target finds this week.
I have a long list of unreported finds including some truly fantastically priced, epic finds, however given the disrespectful attitude and rude mouth of the not so jolly green giant, "the troll" will keep them to himself.

I have a long list of unreported finds including some truly fantastically priced, epic finds, however given the disrespectful attitude and rude mouth of the not so jolly green giant, "the troll" will keep them to himself.
I know this is my first time posting in here, but I would like to know :D

I just want to see what your Lego collection looks like. It has to be as good as skiizim's :)

Come on, the guy thinks 90% of Super Hero sets have a helicopter and Batman...

Please post the deals or please PM the deals to me and others that want the info.

Pretty please with rainbow sprinkles on top.

The only thing I'm sorry about is that scum still is here. And now all of a sudden several new people show up here. What a coincidence!

I have some great finds!!! I bought everything from one Target then drove around to several others until I found one that had the sets for 90% off!

Yet I'm the troll that posts more deals than you ever have besides your little scam you are run.

Well I'd say apologies from Ms. self titled "Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse" and "Mr. One Star for a Reason" are in order.

I will throw this one out there, the runt of the deal litter in my opinion but a good one nonetheless particularly since I don't recall it being mentioned as on clearance a Target in the thread.  Everything is most definitely NOT awesome if you picked up for $85.38, $82.58, $69.98 - anything over $60, given how many Targets have it for $56.98, $49.98, $36.58, $35.38, and even lower.  Personally, anything over
$29.98
is too much given how many stores have it at that price, which is quite a few.  

Well I'd say apologies from Ms. self titled "Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse" and "Mr. One Star for a Reason" are in order.

I will throw this one out there, the runt of the deal litter in my opinion but a good one nonetheless particularly since I don't recall it being mentioned as on clearance a Target in the thread. Everything is most definitely NOT awesome if you picked up for $85.38, $82.58, $69.98 - anything over $60, given how many Targets have it for $56.98, $49.98, $36.58, $35.38, and even lower. Personally, anything over
$29.98
is too much given how many stores have it at that price, which is quite a few.
FWIW, not everyone is fortunate enough to have multiple Targets around. I only have two nearby (one just opened in the last year or so) and clearanced Lego sets rarely go below 30% off.

I'm *fairly* new to the thread, but I don't think I act like an asshole (at least in here)

Wife got a mini Friends set for $1 at Walmart, ours had a cart of random crap for $1 each. Only one in the entire cart. May try for Ultron sets tonight at TRU.

I forgot to mention I found a friends cart from valentines at target the other night. It scanned INF so I took it to CS. The lady scanned it with the PDT and it came up clearance, $3.99? I asked if she was sure that was the price and she said yes. Was she looking at the original price and not the last price?

I forgot to mention I found a friends cart from valentines at target the other night. It scanned INF so I took it to CS. The lady scanned it with the PDT and it came up clearance, $3.99? I asked if she was sure that was the price and she said yes. Was she looking at the original price and not the last price?
I've been seeing more and more that items that scan INF i.e. "Item Not Found" on the scanners in the store, end up showing the original price when scanned at checkout. In fact, there were a couple of the $20-ish Lego City vehicle sets that I knew had been on clearance at a particular store, scanned INF, and took them to checkout figuring I'd get them at the last/best clearance price of around $5.98 or even better. Even told the clerk in advance that they aren't coming up in the system and the last known clearance price I saw them at every other store was $5.98, 70% off.

NOPE! When the checkout person scanned them, it showed the usual "How much is this" screen for the clerk to manually enter the price, however at the top it showed some sort of suggested or original price of $21.99 and $19.99 each. I just laughed when she entered those numbers though and told her no way would I pay those prices, and that they had been clearanced out for 70% off. No dice on getting them for anything below the "suggested retail price", so they can just go back to the toy section. A couple of times since then I've found store scanner INF items that scan automatically at the regular/MSRP price or even higher on the register. The INF gravy train at Target may well be over, sadly.

Local TRU had the new sets out but they are street dated in the system for March 1.  They can sell them to you with an override, but there is a chance they could also not sell them.  I picked up the smallest set just so my son could have an Ultron minifig.

I'm *fairly* new to the thread, but I don't think I act like an asshole (at least in here)

Wife got a mini Friends set for $1 at Walmart, ours had a cart of random crap for $1 each. Only one in the entire cart. May try for Ultron sets tonight at TRU.
This thread is as good as any other OTT thread, what was mentioned earlier has been addressed before, I don't know how a mod ended up here or if more was said.

Which reminds me.... where the hell you been xycury?

X-men > star wars. No offense, of course.
None taken...but I also paid $17 ish I think it was for my Blackbird(s) vs. Sentinel(s). In fact I'm the one that discovered them (and the Milano) on clearance at Target in the first place weeks ago, at a couple of City Targets that are "ahead of the curve" so to speak.

EDIT: it was a bit over a month ago...

Yeah, living in the Seattle area makes it difficult to find deals super low. I have been extremely lucky in the past (90% off power miners @ Kmart). But for the sets i've gotta have for me and my boy, I'm willing to take 30% off. I hated the price per piece on that set and bringing it down to  $35 is a bit more fair. 

The truth is that I just wanted the figs :)

Yeah, living in the Seattle area makes it difficult to find deals super low. I have been extremely lucky in the past (90% off power miners @ Kmart). But for the sets i've gotta have for me and my boy, I'm willing to take 30% off. I hated the price per piece on that set and bringing it down to $35 is a bit more fair.

The truth is that I just wanted the figs :)
The figs were easily the best part of that set. I wasn't super impressed with the blackbird build. Also wished we had gotten another classic magneto since I missed out on the deadpool set.

Went to my local Walmart and found several of the items they clearanced without a clearance tag but scanning at clearance price (a cag dream imo) so i got Milano for $35 after getting the manager to price match the Walmart across town, Spaceship and the Ninjago Helicopter for around 60%. 

I'm fairly new to the using CAG for lego. Is there something that we can key into for clearance items? In this instance it seems to correspond to the release of two larger sets (SW Rebels and Avengers 2). 

Went to my local Walmart and found several of the items they clearanced without a clearance tag but scanning at clearance price (a cag dream imo) so i got Milano for $35 after getting the manager to price match the Walmart across town, Spaceship and the Ninjago Helicopter for around 60%.

I'm fairly new to the using CAG for lego. Is there something that we can key into for clearance items? In this instance it seems to correspond to the release of two larger sets (SW Rebels and Avengers 2).
Target and Walmart being the most common store carrying lego, they generally clearance seasonally. Stores can also clearance at different levels and at different speeds which makes the actual clearance prices vary a good bit from store to store.

My Target store in Atlanta generally starts at 15% and clearance items are generally gone by the time they hit 30%. My Walmart is in terrible shape so clearance pricing is totally random and erratic.

Unfortunately, my local Target are still at 30%, while most of the other ones are at 50% now.  I still picked up the steamroller and the xmen set since there were only two left.  Someone must have hoarded the steamrollers because there were at least 10+ on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, my local Target are still at 30%, while most of the other ones are at 50% now. I still picked up the steamroller and the xmen set since there were only two left. Someone must have hoarded the steamrollers because there were at least 10+ on Tuesday.
Yeah I was walking around the day I saw the Gali on clearance and there were a ton of joker steam rollers. Went back the next day because I had to return some faulty light bulbs, checked the Legos and there was 1 left so I ended up grabbing it, kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

Clearance pretty much used to be January and June / July to make room for new sets. However LEGO releases so many sets a year now, and sell so well that the January clearance is normally nothing. Now they are making way for the new sets coming out March first. New NinjaGo, Super Heroes, Super Agents, Elves so old stock has to move out to make room.

I bought the Sentinel set last year when it came out. My son liked to mix up the parts of the figures (Wolverine's legs on Magneto's legs for example). One day he brought them to school and lost/had taken from a figure. SO I only have three figures and they're mixed up haha.

I just want to see what your Lego collection looks like. It has to be as good as skiizim's :)
No way to get a shot of the entire collection as it's in multiple geographic locations, but best I can do to fulfill your request, here's a shot of some of the medium to larger sets from January-ish to present (oh and a boxed Slave I that I picked up for $5 at a garage sale) I've acquired:

1C96A4F1-5354-4E2C-BDE5-A221C84D6245_zpsvjry0y1r.jpg

Oh and Spaceship! Spaceship! SPACESHIP!!!!!11!!!!11!!

62D25A08-D9F5-4D60-B4C7-44EC1FA44A5F_zps30b94spf.jpg

Just scored a brand new in box 42009 mobile crane MKII On craigslist for $110 .. I already have one in my collection so if anybody has anything they would like to trade for it around the same value let me know .. Missed out on a lot of the first wave of marvel stuff

I am jealous of the spaceship, we don't have that set :( Can't bring myself to pay 100 for it (and yes I have the app, and it is OOS at all of the nearby stores :( bleh. )

None of the Walmarts near me have any clearance Spaceships but a couple of Targets have them at 15% off so I am going to keep an eye on those

I am jealous of the spaceship, we don't have that set :( Can't bring myself to pay 100 for it (and yes I have the app, and it is OOS at all of the nearby stores :( bleh. )
Check Target a lot of them have them for $70, might get lucky.

204-00-0201

bread's done
Back