LEGO Deals 3

I hit a BUNCH of stores today and tonight, and finally got some stuff I'd been tracking-- $25 Steamroller, $40 Dropship, and $35 Milano, plus a few smaller sets. Those little police motorcycle sets were half price at one store, and I may regret only buying two if I ever try to make a LEGO motorcade of some sort.

Spaceship!s are DISAPPEARING from everywhere. I saw them at two Targets, not cheap enough for me to buy, and that was it.

I'm disappointed that I can't find any of the Blackbird vs Sentinel sets for cheap. My Targets here got super cleaned out of them last week and I missed out. I was lucky enough to finally find the Hulk Smash Lab for $30 at my local Dillons (midwest branch of Krogers), though. Super excited that I was able to get that.

I found a AT-AT for $54, Milano for $35 and 70012 Razar's CHI Raider for $19 at Walmart today! Those finds helped make up for me and the department manager not being able to find the Cargo Train(s) their system showed they are supposed to have.

Went to check if SPACESHIPS! had dropped from the absurd $82.5x price at the Target by my office, however they had not dropped at all (and the pricing team had just wrapped up the toy section). However, the inventory went from 6 yesterday to only one that I saw, so people are buying them even at the paltry 15% off discount.

The store did have a set (Technic Custom Pickup Truck, 204-00-0609) for half off (regular $99.99 clearance price $49.98) that I don't think I've ever seen in store, probably available online only (in fact it does say not sold in stores on its target product page):

811E0A51-D324-4DC3-9F77-56AAE6FA6C5E_zps8j5uua5g.jpg

I checked the DPCI on my phone with the inventory tracker and it didn't even show as in stock at the store I was standing in or any other stores out of close to 100 around here, and not a single other store had it listed at less than the regular price of $99.99 except for this one store. But it also had a regular clearance sticker on it, not an online return. Box is a bit scratched up but looked good otherwise. Maybe it was an online return that ended up with a regular clearance sticker because it's "in the system" at the store(s), I don't know. It definitely wasn't there yesterday.

Has anybody found any other Guardians of the Galaxy sets on clearance or just the Milano?
I wish...and I've been checking the Knowhere Escape and Starblaster Showdown DPCIs religiously...

One person did in fact report they found 3 Starblaster Showdowns at a store around Kansas City I believe it was at some discount, however those turned out to be "As Is" one offs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to check if SPACESHIPS! had dropped from the absurd $82.5x price at the Target by my office, however they had not dropped at all (and the pricing team had just wrapped up the toy section). However, the inventory went from 6 yesterday to only one that I saw, so people are buying them even at the paltry 15% off discount.

The store did have a set (Technic Custom Pickup Truck, 204-00-0609) for half off (regular $99.99 clearance price $49.98) that I don't think I've ever seen in store, probably available online only (in fact it does say not sold in stores on its target product page). I checked the DPCI on my phone with the inventory tracker and it didn't even show as in stock at the store I was standing in or any other stores out of close to 100 around here, and not a single other store had it listed at less than the regular price of $99.99 except for this one store. But it also had a regular clearance sticker on it, not an online return. Box is a bit scratched up but looked good otherwise. Maybe it was an online return that ended up with a regular clearance sticker because it's "in the system" at the store(s), I don't know. It definitely wasn't there yesterday.

I wish...and I've been checking the Knowhere Escape and Starblaster Showdown DPCIs religiously...

One person did in fact report they found 3 Starblaster Showdowns at a store around Kansas City I believe it was at some discount, however those turned out to be "As Is" one offs...
Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking for those sets too. I've had hardly any luck and the strange part is that I have 10 target stores and 15 walmart stores within 30 miles of me. Most of the people buy them when they hit the 15% off marker. Part of me is pissed that I paid $54 for the Milano, but on the flipside of that, there was only one store within 50 miles that had them and they had 2 left so I'm glad I got one. Either I live in an area that sells Lego extremely well, or all the associates horde them. Regardless, 50% off is pretty rare for me and I haven't got a 75% off set in probably 5 years.

I'm hoping the Knowhere drops soon since there are plenty of them around me.

That was me and it was Wichita. Haven't seen any more, though. Also have been checking the Knowhere Escape sets in my area daily for price drops. I want dat Rocket.

Check those Iron Man Malibu Mansion sets too. I just got a confirmation for in store pickup of another one for $11 with Walmart.

I'm going to buy like 1000 of those Starblasters and make a giant net.

Not really. Though part of me is tempted.
As an aside, that was so dumb. The vaunted Nova Corps, combining their ships to form... not a giant robot, not a massive cruiser, a net. While the city is being bombarded. Yeah, those guys are going to be able to protect an infinity gem...

As an aside, that was so dumb. The vaunted Nova Corps, combining their ships to form... not a giant robot, not a massive cruiser, a net. While the city is being bombarded. Yeah, those guys are going to be able to protect an infinity gem...
I didn't really get it either. I get making them weak to highlight the GotG, but who was even left in the Nova Corps at the end of the movie?

I didn't really get it either. I get making them weak to highlight the GotG, but who was even left in the Nova Corps at the end of the movie?
Nova Prime (Glenn Close), Nova Douche ("What a bunch of A-holes" guy...or did he blow up as part of the net? can't remember now), Nova out of shape middle aged blue collar pasty white dough boy/fat bastard (John C. Reilly)

Indeed though...Nova Corps representation was extremely disappointing, given they're supposed to be Marvel's answer to the Green Lantern Corps.

Nova Prime (Glenn Close), Nova Douche ("What a bunch of A-holes" guy...or did he blow up as part of the net? can't remember now), Nova out of shape middle aged blue collar pasty white dough boy/fat bastard (John C. Reilly)

Indeed though...Nova Corps representation was extremely disappointing, given they're supposed to be Marvel's answer to the Green Lantern Corps.
He did indeed die. They show him being crushed as the dark aster was breaking the net. And in death he had a name. His name was Robert Paulson.

LEGO VIP Double Points is 03/14-03/29 btw.
Hooray! Detective's Office here I come!

In other news, if you are on TRU's mailing list, they just sent out a catalog. On the front was a $10 off $50 coupon, Lego excluded (boo!). Inside was a $5 off $25 Lego coupon (yay!) which I used on the Hulk Buster Smash set.

one target around me has like 20 of the batman sets. i am praying for another week that they stay put.
One of the ones closest to me had 20+ I went there yesterday and they had 3, they were all out of the Super Secret Police Dropship that they had for $30 too, bastards!!!

MY local Target moved all the clearance sets from the regular Lego section to an endcap to make room for the new sets.  Not surprisingly, about half of them sold this weekend.

I swear there's a hardcore reseller picking up clearance at 30%. I'd only buy the agents truck, which doesn't even seem to be included in this round of clearance but hopefully will end up clearanced soon enough.

I think those are part of some kind of corporate team building program that Lego uses.
Yeah but they come across as pretty cheesy. I've thought about introducing a Mindstorms class at my company to get teams to think about the product development process but people seem to be more intimidated by it than my six year old which concerns me.

Yeah but they come across as pretty cheesy. I've thought about introducing a Mindstorms class at my company to get teams to think about the product development process but people seem to be more intimidated by it than my six year old which concerns me.
Yeah, and it's also about twice as much as a Mindstorms set, and is literally just random pieces. More so because there are Duplo with the System pieces.

Just realized I'm way late to get the Valentine's Day set. I'll try not to snooze on the Easter set but I'm on a roll not spending money.

Yea, they sold out at my Lego store on Saturday, so I couldn't get one yesterday. There's a shipment tomorrow though, and they told me to call to see if they get it in.

Just realized I'm way late to get the Valentine's Day set. I'll try not to snooze on the Easter set but I'm on a roll not spending money.
Same. The one time that I actually remembered to look in the dollar section near the store entrance it was overrun by moms and kids. I kept getting dirty looks as they filled their carts with heart shaped junk food.

I swear there's a hardcore reseller picking up clearance at 30%. I'd only buy the agents truck, which doesn't even seem to be included in this round of clearance but hopefully will end up clearanced soon enough.
Yep, he's here: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/wan/4893399251.html

He's been hitting the target and WM nonstop. When I was at a Walmart, they were marking down sets and they were literally holding sets aside for this guy. He's got some sort of deal with them. I called bullshit on the employees and grabbed the best pieces out like a $50 star destroyer and told them to call management if they had a problem. They ended up marking a lot down for me, got Benny's ship for $45!

LMK what you're looking for and I can hook you up like last time if I have it.

Not a sale but there are new Junior sets. I bring them up because there are new female torso prints on them and one has great printed pieces for grocery stores including a brand new printed cereal box piece.

http://brickset.com/sets/10684-1/Supermarket-Suitcase

And has anyone seen the Batman, Aquaman and Mr Freeze set recently? I completely forgot to buy it last fall and now it's gone.

I think that one's been gone for a while. I remember getting it last July on clearance at Target.
Around here it was still around. Even Target and Amazon had it through the fall. Brickset says LEGOShop.com had it until December 3rd, then I forgot to look for it because I was busy.

Oh well, I'll wait a year and sell my Turtle set for 1000% profit and track one down. :lol:

Yep, he's here: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/wan/4893399251.html

He's been hitting the target and WM nonstop. When I was at a Walmart, they were marking down sets and they were literally holding sets aside for this guy. He's got some sort of deal with them. I called bullshit on the employees and grabbed the best pieces out like a $50 star destroyer and told them to call management if they had a problem. They ended up marking a lot down for me, got Benny's ship for $45!

LMK what you're looking for and I can hook you up like last time if I have it.
Dammit! I figured as much but was hoping someone hadn't decided to make a living off of 30% markdowns. Fantastic you got Benny's for half price, it's a phenomenal set. Can't say I'm looking for anything in particular but I'll keep you posted. I'll also let you know if I happen to see anything decent as well.

Dammit! I figured as much but was hoping someone hadn't decided to make a living off of 30% markdowns. Fantastic you got Benny's for half price, it's a phenomenal set. Can't say I'm looking for anything in particular but I'll keep you posted. I'll also let you know if I happen to see anything decent as well.
Ugh, this guy is based too close to my home turf. DO NOT LIKE.

Went to a pair of Targets that were showing stock of Tales of the Abyss as well as a particular Lego set in the hopes that the inventory tracker wasn't wrong.  First one had TotA for $8.98 and quite a nice Lego find...a Friends Olivia's House on the shelf in front of a couple of the Friends Heartlake Mall set.  Scanned it on the store scanner and it came up Item Not Found.  Took it to electronics and asked the guy to scan it for the last known price, and he used the little employee issued iphones/ipods and said "hmmm it's $74.99".  No thanks.  But I held onto it and as I was heading towards the front checkout, found an employee doing clearance and had her scan it with the PDA.  She printed a clearance sticker for it and slapped it on, took a look and was quite pleased with the better price the system came up with: $26.24.

Second store was the only one that was showing the Lego CUUSOO Research Institute in stock at 3, with a price showing $13.98.  I've been trying to get my hands on the set but missed it.  Figured I'd check the DPCI (204-00-1061) and see if any stores actually had one, and it showed that this store actually not only had it, but the price showing for it was $13.98 while all others had it listed at $19.99 or $22.99.  Went in and couldn't find it anywhere; employees said they should be on the clearance aisle.  They were actually hidden behind some sets in the regular clearance area - 4 of them.  

Same. The one time that I actually remembered to look in the dollar section near the store entrance it was overrun by moms and kids. I kept getting dirty looks as they filled their carts with heart shaped junk food.
Just to clarify, I think salty was talking about the Lego store season sets and not seasonal polybags from Target.

I picked up the Easter set yesterday while at the minibuild.

0 Bennys anywhere around here... I must go without my spaceship :( To be fair, the wife probably would've stole it and I wouldn't have gotten to build it anyways, but still. I did get a Hulkbuster the other day, torn on Avengers Tower since it looks like a fun set but the minifigures we don't need.

0 Bennys anywhere around here... I must go without my spaceship :( To be fair, the wife probably would've stole it and I wouldn't have gotten to build it anyways, but still. I did get a Hulkbuster the other day, torn on Avengers Tower since it looks like a fun set but the minifigures we don't need.
I have the exact opposite problem. I don't want the Avengers Tower, but I do want the Iron Legion figs. I really wish they just sold some minifigs alone.

bread's done
Back