LEGO Deals 3

Wait, what? Is the Fire Temple on clearance in numerous Targets? I've finally seen a few sets hit 50% so either my local re-seller is on vacation or is starting to have sympathy for people who may actually want to enjoy these sets.

Has anyone seen the Agent Truck hit clearance considering it was the wave one crown jewel? Maybe some of you can use your black magic sku checking to tell me if any Fire Temples or Mission HQs are being clearance in the Atlanta area? Thanks in advance magicians!
I scored the Agents Truck at 50% off last week. I thought I posted about it, but when I went back to look, it wasn't there.

It was last Friday (3/6), and I only saw it clearanced at one Target. I have been at 5+ in the past week, and they have all had the Agents Truck and none of the others clearanced it.

At the one I did find it, it was so weird. I had been at the same Target the night before. It was not on clearance. I wasn't even going to stop Friday, but I had to stop at the shopping center for a completely unrelated reason, so I checked, mainly to see if the Joker Steamroller finally dropped. It hadn't.

So, day before -- full price. Next day, 50% off. Nothing else went on clearance I saw, and none of the other clearance Legos changed prices. Those effing Steamrollers stayed at 34.99 forever.

As of today, in my area, it looks like the clearance is largely done. If anything is left, it's as good as it's gonna get, and most of the stuff that went on clearance is gone. Only Bionicles, Technic snowmobiles, and overpriced Hurricane Heists/Toxikitas that no one seems to want.

Wait, what? Is the Fire Temple on clearance in numerous Targets? I've finally seen a few sets hit 50% so either my local re-seller is on vacation or is starting to have sympathy for people who may actually want to enjoy these sets.

Has anyone seen the Agent Truck hit clearance considering it was the wave one crown jewel? Maybe some of you can use your black magic sku checking to tell me if any Fire Temples or Mission HQs are being clearance in the Atlanta area? Thanks in advance magicians!
Based on zip code 30303 (downtown-ish ATL):

Chima Fire Temple is only showing a clearance price (or N/A) at 3 stores. All other locations are showing $119.99:

LEGO® Chima Flying Phoenix Fire Temple 70146

DPCI# 204-00-0193

Douglasville (19.72 Miles) 0 $ 59.98

Carrollton (41.47 Miles) 0 $ 83.98

Gainesville (48.53 Miles) 0 N/A

Here are all stores that have the Agents HQ at the non-MSRP $99.99 price:

LEGO® Ultra Agents Mission HQ 70165

DPCI# 204-00-0226

Roswell East (18.26 Miles) 1 $ 49.98

Milton (24.95 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Douglasville (19.72 Miles) 0 N/A

Riverwood (21.54 Miles) 0 $ 29.98

Sandy Springs Prado (10.6 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Hey thanks!

I commute up to one of those locations so might give it a shot. If any other Atlantans are getting it today good luck and let me know if you find and I'll save myself the trouble.

Hey thanks!

I commute up to one of those locations so might give it a shot. If any other Atlantans are getting it today good luck and let me know if you find and I'll save myself the trouble.
That Riverwood store is about the only NE OTP store I haven't checked lately. Just too far out of the way. Good luck!

Scored some super sweet deals today. I've been out of town for a bit and finally got back home and able to make the rounds. Pretty new to the Lego deal finding so I was particularly proud of my score today.

Started at Walmart looking for the Ninjago Mechadragon for $35. My store had over 10 but they were marked at $64 and scanned as such. Checked for a PM or other locations but everywhere near me was $64. Moved onto Target and saw Ultra Agents Hurrican Heist for $34 (bought it yesterday at another Target) and Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown $19 (already had). I almost left discouraged when I decided to check some of the Target stock using the Walmart app. No go on Mission HQ and a few others I recalled being mentioned here. The last thing I checked was the Fire Pheonix temple. Scanned @ $120, Walmart had it online for $114. I clicked over to local stores and 3 local stores showed in stock and marked at $35!!!!

With nothing to lose I grab the 3 on the shelf and what do I see behind them? Someone stashed two TMNT Big Rigs. Scanned for $35. Got to customer service. Showed them the match, how I located the price to show it wasnt some photoshop scam. The girl went to talk to the manager for like 10 minutes. When she came back she offered to sell me 1 at the $35 price but she wouldnt sell me the other 2. She asked if I was a reseller and I explained I'd buy the extra to trade with others or as gifts for birthdays. Apparently they get alot of resellers in this store who get angry on PM so she thanked me for not being a jerk about only PM-ing 1. Maybe it'll help on future PMs. 

Pic for proof.

bgTqHNgl.jpg

Happy hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scored some super sweet deals today. I've been out of town for a bit and finally got back home and able to make the rounds. Pretty new to the Lego deal finding so I was particularly proud of my score today.

Started at Walmart looking for the Ninjago Mechadragon for $35. My store had over 10 but they were marked at $64 and scanned as such. Checked for a PM or other locations but everywhere near me was $64. Moved onto Target and saw Ultra Agents Hurrican Heist for $34 (bought it yesterday at another Target) and Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown $19 (already had). I almost left discouraged when I decided to check some of the Target stock using the Walmart app. No go on Mission HQ and a few others I recalled being mentioned here. The last thing I checked was the Fire Pheonix temple. Scanned @ $120, Walmart had it online for $114. I clicked over to local stores and 3 local stores showed in stock and marked at $35!!!!

With nothing to lose I grab the 3 on the shelf and what do I see behind them? Someone stashed two TMNT Big Rigs. Scanned for $35. Got to customer service. Showed them the match, how I located the price to show it wasnt some photoshop scam. The girl went to talk to the manager for like 10 minutes. When she came back she offered to sell me 1 at the $35 price but she wouldnt sell me the other 2. She asked if I was a reseller and I explained I'd buy the extra to trade with others or as gifts for birthdays. Apparently they get alot of resellers in this store who get angry on PM so she thanked me for not being a jerk about only PM-ing 1. Maybe it'll help on future PMs.

Pic for proof.

Happy hunting.
Interesting they asked you if you were a reseller, my stores don't seem to know much about that, maybe they don't have enough inventory to support it. Still, great finds, hope I find a Fire Temple like that!

They even went as far as to offer me advice on how to get tax exempt status through my local government. I said "What the hell are you talking about?" She said that our government (i dont know if its a Tennessee thing or national) would allow resellers of goods to buy things tax exempt as part of their business because it was their responsibility to collect tax on the sale of the items they sold. They would also allow you to use for purchases made for the sole purpose of donation. It just made me aware that I probably live in El Hoard-o central and i'm lucky to find what I can.

They even went as far as to offer me advice on how to get tax exempt status through my local government. I said "What the hell are you talking about?" She said that our government (i dont know if its a Tennessee thing or national) would allow resellers of goods to buy things tax exempt as part of their business because it was their responsibility to collect tax on the sale of the items they sold. They would also allow you to use for purchases made for the sole purpose of donation. It just made me aware that I probably live in El Hoard-o central and i'm lucky to find what I can.
This must be a state thing, because I wasn't aware that Target even officially allowed sales to resellers, and I assume to get it without taxes you'd have to give them your business license or something.

Found some Turtle Van sets in my area for $20. I'm on the fence though because that set has the dumb movie versions of the characters.
I haven't built it yet, but from the pictures, the van looks great. With a bit of tweaking, you can probably recreate the 80s version. You could also sell the mini figs and get some money back.

I went to Target after seeing the 35 dollar receipt for the Temple. They had the set but no dice on the clearance. HOWEVER, I went to meijer afterwards for groceries and they had a bunch of Chima sets half off. I bought the 3 bigger sets (Great deal considering I got all 3 for ten bucks more than the mammoth set normally costs) but this is what was on sale in case anyone has a meijer in the area:

70141 - Vardy's Ice Vulture Glider - Normally $20, Clearnace to $9.99

70142 - Eris's Fire Eagle Flyer - Normally $30, Clearanced to $14.99

70143 - Sir Fangar's Saber Tooth - Normally $40, Clearanced to $19.99

70144 - Laval's Fire Lion - Normally $50, Clearanced to $24.99

70145 - Maula's Ice Mammoth - Normally $90, Clearanced to $45.99

I went to Target after seeing the 35 dollar receipt for the Temple. They had the set but no dice on the clearance. HOWEVER, I went to meijer afterwards for groceries and they had a bunch of Chima sets half off. I bought the 3 bigger sets (Great deal considering I got all 3 for ten bucks more than the mammoth set normally costs) but this is what was on sale in case anyone has a meijer in the area:

70141 - Vardy's Ice Vulture Glider - Normally $20, Clearnace to $9.99

70142 - Eris's Fire Eagle Flyer - Normally $30, Clearanced to $14.99

70143 - Sir Fangar's Saber Tooth - Normally $40, Clearanced to $19.99

70144 - Laval's Fire Lion - Normally $50, Clearanced to $24.99

70145 - Maula's Ice Mammoth - Normally $90, Clearanced to $45.99
Cool, i'd get the Mammoth or Fire Lion at those prices as well.

I built the Agent Mission HQ over the past two nights. I don't know how happy I would have been if I paid $100 for it.

The tractor unit is an awesome build. Well designed, and solid. It's a little bit front heavy by itself, which isn't ideal, but it's not too bad.

The trailer's right side is not designed to drop down as often, due to two removable pegs that secure it. The left side uses the right side to stay up. There's a lot of wiggle, so it requires a little bit of work to close it each time.

The middle console inside -- ok, not bad. The stored buggy on the side of the trailer -- pretty cool. The containment chamber at the back -- pretty boring. And when you put down the left side, the main part of the trailer is essentially empty.

The good news is, if you have the parts, you can pretty much rip the insides apart and do whatever you want with it. Want 4 buggies instead? Go nuts! Add giant cannons? Sure!

Also, the set has a ton of pieces usable for MOC Battletech mechs, if that's your thing.

And there are sooooo many stickers. Like 30 of them.

tl;dr: Tractor 9.5/10, trailer 5/10.

Also not quite the same deals usually discussed but someone in my local area posted

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-Castle/dp/B003H9NBTI/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1426701425&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+hogwarts on craigslist.

Complete in box for $15. They had sold it by the time i got to him obviously. :cry: :cry: :cry:
It wasn't a fishing post? Man, what a deal.

I was lucky to find the 1st edition castle at a yard sale for $5 a couple of years ago.

Do you know what they changed? My son took it apart and I never could get it to stay together. He has a knack for disassembling them, but this one was easily the worst. 

Did Lego do anything for those that purchased the original like supplement the build or provide different instructions?

Do you know what they changed? My son took it apart and I never could get it to stay together. He has a knack for disassembling them, but this one was easily the worst.

Did Lego do anything for those that purchased the original like supplement the build or provide different instructions?
They changed a lot. I only know because someone on some forum last year posted the before instructions and after. They used a train car plate piece for one of them.

And no.

For anybody that is interested I was at target around closing yesterday (11am est) and they had 4 Elsa's sparkling ice castle sets out. The guy said the area had gotten a restock. I know this was hard to find and not sure if it still is.

Dcpi 086142474

For anybody that is interested I was at target around closing yesterday (11am est) and they had 4 Elsa's sparkling ice castle sets out. The guy said the area had gotten a restock. I know this was hard to find and not sure if it still is.

Dcpi 086142474
Never mind...typo

GoHastings.com now sells LEGO, I got an email, went to check and they have decent prices!

They have the last two series of Mixels for $3.52, which is 30% off, and shipping is only about $2.25 and I have aded several, and a bigger set, to my cart to make sure.

The Walmart I was at had a ton clearance, and fake clearance. Nothing special or new but I did pick up a couple TMNT sets for half off.

[quote name="skiizim" post="12584713" timestamp="1426998139"]Did it get shipped in a box or mailer?[/quote]
Mailer. The box got a bit dented but it's going in the recycling bin anyway. I just don't like how there's no slipcover for these versions but Lego!

The Cartwheel "10% off select toys" promo worked automatically on Legos - it's coded to "include toys from departments 86 (all Lego Friends and Disney fall under 086), 87, and 204 (all Lego sets fall under 204)"...despite the disclaimer excluding Legos along with other toys.  

I just combined that promo with the 20% off sale prices taken from Target.com on the Disney Princess Lego line.  A bit pricey for my taste, but these are for my daughters and some of these are hard to find at MSRP let alone on sale (all prices before 5% redcard discount).  It's limit 4 items per transaction get the 10% discount up to 6 transactions per day, so rememeber to split the transactions up:

Cinderella's Castle 20% off online price = $55.99 - 10% off cartwheel = $50.39

Ariel's Undersea Palace 20% off online price = $43.99 - 10% off cartwheel = $39.59

Frozen Elsa's Castle 20% off online price = $31.99 - 10% off cartwheel = $28.79
Rapunzel's Tower 20% off online price = $27.99 - 10% off cartwheel = $25.19
Cinderella's Coach 20% off online price = $19.99 - 10% off cartwheel = $17.99
Ariel's Magical Kiss 20% off online price = $18.39 - 10% off cartwheel = $16.55
Jasmine 20% off online price = $15.99 - 10% off cartwheel = $14.39

Aurora's Room 20% off online price = $10.39 - 10% off cartwheel = $9.35

If you can find the older Merida's Highland Games set that was clearanced out, would be quite a steal...most stores show it at $13.98 before discounts, maybe even less at stores that have it out of system.  Though I can't find a single location that is showing it in stock.

EDIT: my buddy said that the Cartwheel 10% off toys did NOT work automatically on his purchase of a Lego City set, so most likely it doesn't work on everything automatically.  I highly doubt they corrected it to work properly let alone this quickly, but it did work this morning for me at a City Target on the aforementioned Disney Princess sets automatically.

There are a couple of City Lego sets at Target that now have regular prices that are at the 30% off clearance price point from their MSRP/original Target price. From all stores I've seen, the camper 204-00-1250 is $13.98 at all stores that still carry it, and the Car Transport 204-00-1242 is $20.98 at all stores that still carry it. With this week's 20% off on all City, you should be able to get that additional discount however it did not ring up automagically. The cartwheel 10% bonus also didn't apply.

Man, that Frozen castle is so hard to find. There is only one target around me that has it in stock.

Edit: my store pickup order was canceled. I guess I can't build a snowman...

I tried the Cartwheel discount on a Ninjago set on sale and a clearance agents set and the 10% didn't happen. Tried telling them that Karkyco said it should work and they threw glitter in my face.

I tried the Cartwheel discount on a Ninjago set on sale and a clearance agents set and the 10% didn't happen. Tried telling them that Karkyco said it should work and they threw glitter in my face.
Only works with Disney Princess and one other theme.

And glitter is a bitch to get out of your eyes.

Only works with Disney Princess and one other theme.

And glitter is a bitch to get out of your eyes.
Man I'm a dumb ass. I went to another Target and found/bought an Elsa Castle but didn't bother with cartwheel because I thought it wasn't working. I need to start reading posts more closely.

Man I'm a dumb ass. I went to another Target and found/bought an Elsa Castle but didn't bother with cartwheel because I thought it wasn't working. I need to start reading posts more closely.
There is a loophole with the coupon because of the codes Target uses to catalog the sets.

Get the glitter off your face and read the posts correctly! :)

Picked up an Ariel's undersea one, the Tangled tower, and Jasmin. Already have the Frozen one from December.

Also bought the Ariel boat one on Target's website, cause it's cheaper than in-store, even after Cartwheel. Free shipping with Red Card, or store pick-up.

I really don't like the mini-dolls, but oh well. But an official Lego Sebastian and Flounder? Why not. I have 3 nieces I can gift them to if I decide not to keep them anyways.

#60057 Camper Van scanned and rang up for $11.18 at Target. Picked it up rather than trying to wait it out for $9.98.
Well that's 20% off the $13.98 "new" price, so it sounds as if it's now scanning correctly with the 20% off discount, at least at your store. I tried one this morning at another store and it scanned at $19.99.

In other news, the $10 off $30 board game coupon *should* work automatically on the Lego Architecture sets (in fact it shows that they qualify online), as they were in the board game section and fall under the board game DPCI 087. This particular store had Big Ben ($29.99) and the Empire State Building ($19.99) along with tags for the Seattle Space Needle ($19.99) and the White House ($49.99).

bread's done
Back