LEGO Deals 3

Is it? Dang it! :dunce:  OK, my mistake. Actually, I just came back from a closer Walgreens and they didn't have it on clearance, either! So, as mentioned above, YMMV.

How long does TRU take to ship? I ordered smiting a lost a week ago and it still hasn't shipped.

And there is a nice new Friends grocery store / house coming out.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are referring to the May the 4th promo at Lego stores the only thing announced is the minimum purchases figure, Admiral Yularen. Nothing has been leaked yet as far as what sets will be on sale. That news I usually leaked by a Lego store employee somewhere a day or two in advance but sometimes reports don't trickle in until the day of by people reporting from east coast stores. I think a lot of people are expecting big sale prices but usually they are pretty modest. A couple years back the UCS B-wing was 50% off but that was a big exception mainly because it wasn't selling very well.

6OpmALB.jpg

Only $200! :lol:

How long does TRU take to ship? I ordered smiting a lost a week ago and it still hasn't shipped.
Was it an older item? The order could be sent to stores that show they have the inventory of the item. Depending on how accurate inventory is, older stock can take a while to find a store with an accurate count. I've had orders come to my store 2 weeks after the order was placed a few times.

Was it an older item? The order could be sent to stores that show they have the inventory of the item. Depending on how accurate inventory is, older stock can take a while to find a store with an accurate count. I've had orders come to my store 2 weeks after the order was placed a few times
It's status is "Located in warehouse" or something like that. Yes it's older, it's the $35 big Galaxy Squad bug. I ordered it during free shipping week too.

I think a lot of people are expecting big sale prices but usually they are pretty modest. A couple years back the UCS B-wing was 50% off but that was a big exception mainly because it wasn't selling very well.
I'll probably pass this year unless they do something similar to that B-Wing deal. IIRC, the biggest discounted items last year sold out fairly quickly and they weren't even that great. I have a few Star Wars sets in my Amazon wish list and credit to spend there, so sale would have to be good for me to get it direct from Lego. Admiral Yularen minifig is not nearly as cool as the Revan minifig from last year.

I'll probably pass this year unless they do something similar to that B-Wing deal. IIRC, the biggest discounted items last year sold out fairly quickly and they weren't even that great. I have a few Star Wars sets in my Amazon wish list and credit to spend there, so sale would have to be good for me to get it direct from Lego. Admiral Yularen minifig is not nearly as cool as the Revan minifig from last year.
That's what I'm thinking, I don't think the Xwing sold too well, you can find it from third party sellers on Amazon for $150 or less new.

Atlanta folks, they have the Admiral Yularen minifig out for sale in the bins near the entrance of the LEGO Playland store at Phipps. I bought two tonight before a movie. Also got the birthday set with a clown and a kid that is sold out on Shop.LEGO.

Atlanta folks, they have the Admiral Yularen minifig out for sale in the bins near the entrance of the LEGO Playland store at Phipps. I bought two tonight before a movie. Also got the birthday set with a clown and a kid that is sold out on Shop.LEGO.
Near where? I'm sorry I'm way too new to Atlanta

Near where? I'm sorry I'm way too new to Atlanta
It's in Lennox Mall, near the center of the ATL metro area. Google that.

I just want the spy truck half off. Also I'm selling a ton of space lego from the 80's and likely a bunch of other boxed stuff if anyone is interested.

Got a call from my old store today. It was an online return. $117 after employee discount. I'm just glad they thought to call me for this.

1430175420403-587578654.jpg

Got a call from my old store today. It was an online return. $117 after employee discount. I'm just glad they thought to call me for this.

1430175420403-587578654.jpg
<====Very jelly, that's an awesome price!! Does TRU normally discount prices like this on these type of returns?

Saw three of the new Jurassic World sets at a Walmart today.  I passed on them...mostly because my son wasn't there with me to push me over the edge.

About a week ago, KMart sent me a $20 coupon off toys $30 and above.  I had most of what I wanted from their online selection but I also didn't want to pass up the coupon.  I ended up getting the Batsub set with Aquaman for $15.  

Now they sent me another coupon that expires on the 3rd.  I have no idea what to get.  I might visit the store to see if their selection is better.

Stopped by at an out of the way Target this morning as I was in that area for business, and had noted that this particular location had a bunch of the clearance Disney Princess sets and Friends/Girls Starter/Basic sets showing as in stock, at 70% off.  Of course they were nowhere to be found on the floor, so I went to the stockroom doors and found an employee heading in.  Asked them if they had any of the particular sets and showed them the set pics on my phone as well as a couple of the DPCIs and that I was looking for them for my daughters, and she told me to wait a couple of minutes and she would check in the back.  Less than a minute later she is pushing out one of those huge flatbed carts they use with stacks of the various sets I was looking for.  

Not sure when they had been set aside like that, or if they were being held by employee(s), or perhaps being prepared to be salvaged or whatnot, as I suspect many of these will now be dropping out of the system either later today or tomorrow since they have already been on clearance at 70% off for at least a week at most stores that have them on clearance, but needless to say I was ecstatic.  Most of these I have already reported, however there were a couple I haven't reported on yet, which don't seem to be on clearance at many locations (1 or 2 out of a 100 IIRC).

Speaking of this sort of 'hidden inventory':
I have very recently encountered other locations that have claimed to not have a particular set or sets on hand despite the inventory checker not only fluctuating as to their counts at those particular locales but also still showing 10 or more in stock.  Example 1 being Benny's Spaceship 204-00-0201 showing 10 (now 11) in stock at Glendale Galleria.  Was told by store management that they may not have been salvaged out correctly or that my app is not showing up to date info but "they are definitely not on hand". Example 2 being Alhambra where a bunch of Lego Disney Princess and Friends sets such as Ariel's First Kiss was showing 13 in stock for weeks (never on the floor) as it went from 30% off to 50% off to 70% off, now inventory showing 0.  I suspect they were hidden in the back similar to the store I hit today.

Also, it looks like that odd re-price Surfer Rescue set 204-00-0965 is back to $6.99 (or higher) at most locations, except for a few that still have it at the 70% off of 70% off price of $.62.  I got enough surfing sharks from that set to be set for life, though.

Anyway, on to the spoils of victory...

Lego Juniors/Basic (these come in the plastic Lego brick shaped tubs):

LEGO® Juniors Pony Farm 10674 DPCI# 086-14-1592 $8.98 ea. (70% off $29.99 MSRP/regular price or higher) only at 4 locations/100

LEGO® Juniors The Princess Play Castle 10668 DPCI# 086-14-1596 $4.48 ea. (70% off $14.99 MSRP/regular price or higher) only at 2 locations/100

Lego Friends:

Same sets I previously reported (Olivia's Ice Cream Bike $2.98 each, Juice Bar $8.98 ea., Sunshine Pony Farm/Ranch $20.98 ea., Dolphin Cruiser $22.48) except for...

:hot:  :hot:  :hot: LEGO® Friends Heartlake Shopping Mall 41058 DPCI# 086-14-0404 $32.98 ea.  :hot:  :hot:  :hot: (70% off $109.99 MSRP/Regular price or higher) only at 2 locations/100

Lego Disney Princess:

Same sets I previously reported (Ariel's First Kiss $8.98 ea. and Rapunzel's Creativity Tower $11.98 ea.) except for...

LEGO® Disney Princess Cinderella's Dream Carriage 41053 DPCI# 086-14-2909 $8.98 ea. (70% off $29.99 MSRP/Regular Price or higher) only at 2/100 stores, $20.98 at two other stores.

:hot:  :hot:  :hot: LEGO® Disney Princess Cinderella's Romantic Castle 41055 DPCI# 086-14-2911 $20.98 ea.  :hot:  :hot:  :hot: (70% off $69.99 MSRP/Regular Price) only at 4 locations/100

Damn nice finds karkyco! I'll be excited just finding some of those at 50% off. Last week I was happy to buy my daughter the LEGO® Juniors Pony Farm 10674 for €17.99 in a grocery store in Germany.

If you have any extras please let me know. My daughter doesn't even care about the boxes.

Karkyco - re: missing stock
Don't know if I've said it here before or on other forums but I have personally seen a Lego rep come to Target and remove product from shelves that was marked for clearnance. It was only once but since then I have noticed that items rarely ever hit 70% off in my area. Sets will sit on shelves for weeks at 50% off and then one day just up and disappear. The volume at which it's not one person coming in and buying everything up because it's at all area stores. My educated guess is that Lego and Target have some kind of deal where Lego isn't clearnaced at the normal cycles other items are and that if something isn't selling its picked up or sent back to Lego rather than salvaged. If anything they can always sell them at Shop@Home or opened and bricks redistributed.

Anyone got a heads up on May the 4th Lego store promos? Hoping the Death Star price drop equivalent to the reported Euro sale.

Target has the Jurassic World sets online, free shipping over $25 which is a better deal than anywhere else.

And I can't remember if I posted it but my TRU order shipped, only took 8 days. That makes S@H look speedy.  :)

Found #10699 Sand baseplate on clearance at one Target for $3.98 (50%).  204-00-1392

May the Fourth be with you Lego.com???  More like, May the yawn be with you.

Yesterday I picked up Smithers, Lisa, Patty and Krabopole from TRU. This TRU had a limit of five at a time. (with feel method my fifth was another Lisa, didn't open and will return) Cashier said any more than five was considered "bulk"

Went to a different TRU today for the mini build, kids got a couple of those and I grabbed a couple of the Electro polys

Target's May the Fourth promo is $10 off any $50 Star Wars purchase.  Online only but works with instore pickup.  This works with SW Lego sets.  Mos Eisley is $45.99 after the discount. Looks like you can get the AT-AT for around $80 after discount too.

I went to a TRU to buy an unopened case of simpsons series 2 (avoid feeling up blind packs and sell the rest) and they said someone bought all 16 cases. When I asked about it, they basically admitted it was one of their store employees.

Random Lego Related Request..

My 8 year old daughter is trying to become a member of the Legoland Atlanta creative crew. If you have a minute please vote for the giraffe she built by logging into Facebook and liking the photo in the link below. Voting ends May 10th. She built the giraffe by pulling the pieces from 3 of her sets. She found the eyes in one of her Mixels sets.  Link is below...

https://www.facebook.com/ldcatlanta/photos/a.906908006015069.1073741872.232484043457472/906908306015039/?type=3&theater
On a more related note, you are allowed to enter to win 1 of the 10 UCS tie fighters by email.  Purchase is not required.

I went to a TRU to buy an unopened case of simpsons series 2 (avoid feeling up blind packs and sell the rest) and they said someone bought all 16 cases. When I asked about it, they basically admitted it was one of their store employees.
That's pretty shitty, they are supposed to be against that, I would call corporate.

@husher, thanks for the heads up, figured that's the cheapest I would get those two.

Begs the question of how? That's over $1,000 after tax, and TRU is minimum wage. How could someone afford it and food? :lol:

Begs the question of how? That's over $1,000 after tax, and TRU is minimum wage. How could someone afford it and food? :lol:
They are reselling and just using TRU is a way to get a discount and know when inventory is coming. Probably makes more money from reselling than from TRU.

bread's done
Back