LEGO Deals 3

It will be interesting to see how well they are stocked. I don't know how Gamestop will manage with the guitar games coming back and another line of toys to find space for.
Guitar Hero is coming back? With these they may just start putting them on the ceiling, I see no other way at most stores. >_<

That set looks great... It's unfortunate that I'll have to spend extra money on the plane when all I want is the base and sub.
thats my issue. I just want the base. The plane should have been separate.

LEGO likes water planes this year with the swamp police sets and this.

Main reason I'm out of the City Lego business; too many revisions and combinations of released sets.
I'm starting to feel the same way over these star wars sets, the sets they've redone were already great. All they did was add the new spring missiles and a few figures.

Went to one of my local Walmarts tonight and found a surprise in the clearance aisle. Tons and tons of sets that are 2-3 years old. They had 2-3 The Bat vs Bane sets, 2 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown sets, 1 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout, and quite a few more Avengers and Iron Man 3 sets that I don't remember the names of. I didn't pick up any as they were only $5 to $10 off MSRP, but I will end up going back for one of the Bane sets and maybe the Wolverine set.

I have no idea where they found all the goodies. I visit incredibly often and they had none of them out a few days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have bought them for sure. Wolverines Chopper set has great minifigs and is very expensive these days.
Yeah, I only recently got into the Lego thing, so I didn't know rarity values of anything that wasn't movie related. I'll be heading back today for the Wolverine and Bane sets. I also may get a couple of Avengers sets.

Some Walmart stores move inventory into a trailer parked in the front or back of the store while they perform planogram resets. There are lots of reasons they might do this but it's usually limited floor space to deal with clearance. Eventually they clean them out and mark the contents down. Love these kind of finds but they usually have better discounts than you found.

Frys has Creator Grocery Shop, Friends Stephanie's Beach House, Star Wars TIE Advanced Prototype, City Mobile Police Unit and Minecraft The First Night on sale for $29.99 each

Yeah, I only recently got into the Lego thing, so I didn't know rarity values of anything that wasn't movie related. I'll be heading back today for the Wolverine and Bane sets. I also may get a couple of Avengers sets.
If you find a Mister Freeze set with Aquaman let me know. Someone here is looking for the XMen chopper in case you find some left.

If you find a Mister Freeze set with Aquaman let me know. Someone here is looking for the XMen chopper in case you find some left.
I have 2 mr freeze sets ... One opened and one closed .. Willing to trade either .captain joe I'm the one looking for that chopper set

I didn't see any when I went originally, sorry mang.

I have 2 mr freeze sets ... One opened and one closed .. Willing to trade either .captain joe I'm the one looking for that chopper set
Yep, PM'd you back!

Went back this morning and they didn't have anything that had been out during my last trip at all. I asked a couple of different employees and they let me know that apparently someone came in and bought pretty much all of the Lego related merchandise, but that they still have quite a bit of clearance items left to shuffle out onto the shelves, so to keep an eye on the area. I feel super stupid for not getting what I wanted on my first go. Someone even found the Bane Tumbler set I hid in the actual Lego aisle, so I was just totally unlucky this time. I'm hoping if they do end up having more older Lego stuff that I get another chance at the Bane set. I just really want a Bane now and don't feel like getting one of the knock off ones at my local flea market.

Yep, PM'd you back!

Went back this morning and they didn't have anything that had been out during my last trip at all. I asked a couple of different employees and they let me know that apparently someone came in and bought pretty much all of the Lego related merchandise, but that they still have quite a bit of clearance items left to shuffle out onto the shelves, so to keep an eye on the area. I feel super stupid for not getting what I wanted on my first go. Someone even found the Bane Tumbler set I hid in the actual Lego aisle, so I was just totally unlucky this time. I'm hoping if they do end up having more older Lego stuff that I get another chance at the Bane set. I just really want a Bane now and don't feel like getting one of the knock off ones at my local flea market.
I think I have extra Bane Tumblers and Wolvie Chopper showdowns, and am still looking for that Hulk Helicarrier breakout set. If the store puts out any more of those, I am sure we can work out a deal of some sort.

One Walmart has a bunch of sets in the clearance section but at MSRP, but then a couple sets in the regular aisle marked down. (sets already mentioned here: TMNT lair at $75, Movie super cycle chase at $35 and big Ninjago castle I think was $99).

I wonder when they're going to release the Technic 24 Hours Race Car (42039) in NA. Pretty sure it's been out in EU for several months.

Saw the new summer sets at TRU yesterday. Everything has the TRU markup already. I reall want the classic goblin set but I do not want to pay $33 for just him, everything else in the set is worthless to me. I may bite the bullet and sell the rest of the set or wait to see if he shows up in another set down the line, ugh

Thought I had a decent deal from Walmart tonight, picked up the Star Destroyer 75055 for $80, opened it up to find some SOB had stolen all of the minifigures and sealed the baggies back up along with the tape on the box. 

Contact Lego about the star destroyer Walmart situation. When something simar happened to me (though the kit was from one of the alien lines...and the Legos inside were a complete mis-mash of a dozen kits), I called Lego and pled my cash. Lego sent me back a BRAND NEW sealed version of the kit.

Thought I had a decent deal from Walmart tonight, picked up the Star Destroyer 75055 for $80, opened it up to find some SOB had stolen all of the minifigures and sealed the baggies back up along with the tape on the box.
Sounds like me and my GotG mess.

Contact Lego about the star destroyer Walmart situation. When something simar happened to me (though the kit was from one of the alien lines...and the Legos inside were a complete mis-mash of a dozen kits), I called Lego and pled my cash. Lego sent me back a BRAND NEW sealed version of the kit.
I called them up once about the Hulk Helicarrier set I got at KMart and they basically said I was SOL since I bought the set at clearance.

That happened to me with a Mos Eisley set from Wmart. I was able to return it. I had already bought a complete set elsewhere once I realized the one I had was incomplete. At first the CSR was hesitant, suggesting that I would have to return the borked one to the store from which I bought it (which was quite far away), but she eventually asked someone else and decided that I could get my refund at any store.

I had a similar odd problem with a Batman set a while back. It was the Riddler chase set and the set was missing the stickers and Riddler minifigure for some reason. The bags and box seemed totally untampered with, so I assumed it was just a production error and ended up contacting Lego about it. They sent me out the stickers and minifigure about three weeks later.

What's worse is opening the set only to find a few bags of noodles and an instruction book for super paper Mario for the Wii. I've also purchased a toy story train that ended up only having off brand preschool bricks (bright blocks) and glass decoration beads like the ones you find in vases everywhere.

At least you got the parts to build the set, lol

Yeah here are more outrageously expensive mini figures....

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-dimensions-adds-more-iconic-characters/

LEGO is really going all out. Hopefully the game won't completely blow, or at least be different from the last 30 LEGO games.
They are definitely all in on this thing. Holy crap are there a lot of characters and packs now. It's really too bad Disney Infinity exists now otherwise we could have had some Marvel Lego in it as well.

Also, the video seems to pretty definitively answer the question that figures are not permanently attached to bases.

I'm really torn as to whether I should just sell all my Infinity stuff now or wait till Dimensions actually comes out because I don't see myself keeping up with 2 of these types of games and right now Dimensions certainly has more of my attention than Infinity 3.0.

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, so Infinity 3.0 is an easy pass for me.

While I'm excited for Dimensions and the variety of properties it will include, I'm a little annoyed that I'll have to essentially re-buy minifigs to get the in-game characters. I already have the Delorean with Marty and Doc. But on the plus side, the new Doc has a new hair piece. Hopefully all the Dimensions figs will be slightly different from previous versions.

AWD (All Wheel Drive) has The NinjaGo $120 temple for $75, that's like 37% off or so. I like the set, and it has 1200 pieces but I just recently moved in with a friend and need to save money for... you know food.

(Damn fucking adult life sometimes gets in the way of my LEGO craziness!) :lol:

Over the weekend my wife picked up the VW bus for her new desk at work
Last night I had TRU price match Lego for the new Spidey junior set and also had expiring rewards to use to bring it down to $24.99

There's a Bane kit among the new Dimensions stuff linked to above, so you can get a legit one that way if you wait a bit.

They are definitely all in on this thing. Holy crap are there a lot of characters and packs now. It's really too bad Disney Infinity exists now otherwise we could have had some Marvel Lego in it as well.

Also, the video seems to pretty definitively answer the question that figures are not permanently attached to bases.

I'm really torn as to whether I should just sell all my Infinity stuff now or wait till Dimensions actually comes out because I don't see myself keeping up with 2 of these types of games and right now Dimensions certainly has more of my attention than Infinity 3.0.
My Infinity stuff has been boxed for a while. The Doc Brown trailer only showed that at least there's still charm in the legofied versions of everything and that the story may have some decent VO (if the last scene was actually in game).

It still all hinges on their implementation of the Toy Box or if they can outdo the figure gating that Skylanders does. Swap Force at least gave a decent chunk of content per character "type" but Trap Team imho was much more of a cash grab with the traps and the mostly crappy villain side missions.

There's a Bane kit among the new Dimensions stuff linked to above, so you can get a legit one that way if you wait a bit.
Thanks for pointing that out! True, but I want a movie and comic version if I can, so I'll still be needing to find a decent price on a movie Bane to go with that badass comic version. I only just got into Lego this year (always got megabloks as a kid) and the minifigures have become a big draw for me. Different costumes are pretty much my most favorite things ever in comics and video games, so the crazy amount of different minifigures that some characters have quickly became my new thing to collect and play with. In fact, I really wish I could find more of the knock off ones that are good quality since most of the ones I've gotten from my fleamarket have been really cool.

In fact, I really wish I could find more of the knock off ones that are good quality since most of the ones I've gotten from my fleamarket have been really cool.
Not that I want to suggest buying anything but actual Lego, but the brand you're Looking for is Decool. I've looked at their stuff and I'm interested. They have a version of the sdcc Phoenix that I'm probably going to jump on soon. Check out ebay, there are a bunch of people selling the Decool stuff for decent prices.

Not that I want to suggest buying anything but actual Lego, but the brand you're Looking for is Decool. I've looked at their stuff and I'm interested. They have a version of the sdcc Phoenix that I'm probably going to jump on soon. Check out ebay, there are a bunch of people selling the Decool stuff for decent prices.
Holy fuck, thank you! I have been asking the guys that run the shop at my flea market and they were making me jump through a lot of hoops to get that info. I've spent close to $50 already on minifigures from them and they said they'd only give me their seller's site for special orders if I bought $70 worth at once. I've been trying to get a Deadpool X-Men costume variant minifig for like two months now and they always sell out.

Hey, is there any chance anyone has Creative Ambush 70812 or Flying Flusher 70811 and would be interested in a trade or selling for clearance/shipping?  Missed out on the clearance before/after Xmas (just didn't have the extra funds).

Thanks!

Holy fuck, thank you! I have been asking the guys that run the shop at my flea market and they were making me jump through a lot of hoops to get that info. I've spent close to $50 already on minifigures from them and they said they'd only give me their seller's site for special orders if I bought $70 worth at once. I've been trying to get a Deadpool X-Men costume variant minifig for like two months now and they always sell out.
Try doing a search on ebay for "minifigures -lego" (you can include other search terms, the important thing is to use -lego) "Decool" as a search term generally doesn't turn up as much in a search (that's been my experience at least).

What's worse is opening the set only to find a few bags of noodles and an instruction book for super paper Mario for the Wii. I've also purchased a toy story train that ended up only having off brand preschool bricks (bright blocks) and glass decoration beads like the ones you find in vases everywhere.

At least you got the parts to build the set, lol
Luckily my problem was not that bad and another nearby walmart still carried the set and exchanged it for me.

AWD had some good deals this morning, and the free shipping was working. This was the first time in months they had it, and there was several sets I wanted. The TMNT Shredder set was $20.50, Friends Yacht $45 (I never got it and always wanted it), Friends Farm was $45 and the car transport set was $18. 

Thankfully I was about to check out and the total was like $135 plus tax and I stopped myself. LEGO Dimensions being so expensive might be my saving grace. 

If anyone wants me to keep on eye out, let me know.

Can someone confirm for me what the top of deadpool a head looks like in the wolverine showdown set .. Does he have "Lego" branding on top of his head ? Thanks

The reason I ask .. Which the bricklink picture doesn't show ., is I bought the set on eBay and the top of the head has a "x" instead of the Lego branding .. Is this a fake ? The rest of the mini figure has branding (legs, torso) so I just find it odd that the head doesn't

bread's done
Back