LEGO Deals 3

The reason I ask .. Which the bricklink picture doesn't show ., is I bought the set on eBay and the top of the head has a "x" instead of the Lego branding .. Is this a fake ? The rest of the mini figure has branding (legs, torso) so I just find it odd that the head doesn't
My Deadpool has the inset head like on the bricklink picture, and what appears to be the word "LEGO" stamped inside.

The reason I ask .. Which the bricklink picture doesn't show ., is I bought the set on eBay and the top of the head has a "x" instead of the Lego branding .. Is this a fake ? The rest of the mini figure has branding (legs, torso) so I just find it odd that the head doesn't
was it a used set?

I was at a Walmart and they had three open LEGO sets that they had taped in the bag. It was very weird, they weren't even that cheap. First I have ever seen open bx sets.

Related, I went by one of our local LEGO stores that has a scratch n dent bin yesterday. They had a TON of stuff in there, and unfortunately I only had five minutes before the store closed. I got the new yellow City sub for $31 (down from $40), and probably would have bought a couple other things if they hadn't been shuffling us out the door. They had the new Spaceport for $100 (down from $120), but I didn't bite.

That spaceport is a complete ripoff even at $100. It's the smallest spaceport/launchpad they've ever made and also the most expensive, by a wide margin.

I was at a Walmart and they had three open LEGO sets that they had taped in the bag. It was very weird, they weren't even that cheap. First I have ever seen open bx sets.
I remember seeing the Hulk Breakout sets like that. They had stickers saying the Hulk was missing, and it was like $2 off. Hah!

Two of my Walmarts have them also. They're Lego Classic boxes #10695 and there's around 10 of them in the clearance aisle at each store. They're only like $5 off for being clearance too, so it's weird. I mean, opened box, taped bags, and clearanced makes me expect at least $10 off.

Yeah mine were the City Museum, Chima Boat and something else. I was laughing at how high the prices were still. I have seen the sets new many times for cheaper.

I remember seeing the Hulk Breakout sets like that. They had stickers saying the Hulk was missing, and it was like $2 off. Hah!
Hulk was a major issue at my store when they first came out. I always found it interesting they would always take him but not the little blue pieces for his arms.

Lego movie Super Cycle Chase 70808, DPCI 204-00-1266, has been 70% off at most targets. I've seen it as low as $12.28 but most stores have it between $14.xx and $18.xx due to the discount being taken from the variance in "regular" prices that varies from store to store.

I figured that one would win. The others were mostly either (a) licensed properties or (b) too big to be considered. The piano was just too simplistic.

Lego movie Super Cycle Chase 70808, DPCI 204-00-1266, has been 70% off at most targets. I've seen it as low as $12.28 but most stores have it between $14.xx and $18.xx due to the discount being taken from the variance in "regular" prices that varies from store to store.
if anyone can get 1 at this price, I would like to trade for it. I have a bunch of stuff and have not been able to get it at that price here in MD

I like what Ideas picked, and hope the 'pass' gets the OK down the line!

We need to wait until fall for The Golden Girls to get OKed? :lol:

Has anyone seen the Disney princess sets on clearance yet? There are a ton at my local target and the only ones that seem to move are the frozen sets
Karyko posted some, but it's not clearanced in most stored. I've seen the Mermaid Kiss the Girl one clearanced several times. There was also a cartwheel sale a while back, which was when I picked some up. I've yet to find Cinderalla on clearance, which is the only one I think I'm missing.

Lego Maze?    Cue the sad trombone.  

I was hoping for the Creator Museum and the Jurassic Park one.  I guess they can't exactly put out a JP set that's cooler than what TLG came up with themselves for Jurassic World. 

Lego Maze? Cue the sad trombone.

I was hoping for the Creator Museum and the Jurassic Park one. I guess they can't exactly put out a JP set that's cooler than what TLG came up with themselves for Jurassic World.
Wow. Every time I think they can't stun me with the results, they do it again.

Creator Museum and JP were stellar. I can sort of understand JP since they don't want to distract from the new line, and it would be out far too late. But Creator Museum? Probably size. There hasn't ever been an Ideas set that big. Plus, they seem content to release one modular a year.

Sucks that they didn't even hint at why things weren't chosen. I would rather they let us know that things don't have a chance up front than to tease that they might be possible.

I have to say the Maze is kind of neat in a way. It makes sense in that it is smaller in scale and different -- they do seem to be going for lots of different genres and ideas.

That said, it's a great big meh. And I can't wait until next time when they shoot down Golden Girls and Zelda without a word. It's an honor just to be nominated.

I'm not sure how everyone stores their Legos but my target had the Lego brand storage boxes on clearance
I'm sorry that this is the only dpci I took note of but it was the one I bought

002-08-0699. Regularly 9.99 marked down to 6.98.

This was the yellow one. They had other colors that were the same size but we're more expensive

It's storage box s 4092. They were in housewares and not near the Legos at all. I would have waited for abogger price drop but I needed one

That said, it's a great big meh. And I can't wait until next time when they shoot down Golden Girls and Zelda without a word. It's an honor just to be nominated.
There is no market for Golden Girls and LEGO is secretive (and paranoid) about how they design and make series or models. However if they shoot down Zelda... again... then they really should just remove all of them from Ideas and just say they can't get the license.

Has anyone seen the Disney princess sets on clearance yet? There are a ton at my local target and the only ones that seem to move are the frozen sets

Karyko posted some, but it's not clearanced in most stored. I've seen the Mermaid Kiss the Girl one clearanced several times. There was also a cartwheel sale a while back, which was when I picked some up. I've yet to find Cinderalla on clearance, which is the only one I think I'm missing.
Yup, the Lego Disney Princess sets that I found on clearance were all of the first group of sets. Merida's Highland Games was clearance out in the previous clearance round or two. This past round from a few weeks to a month or two ago, the most commonly clearanced sets were Rapunzel's Creativity Tower and Ariel's Magical Kiss. The other two that were clearanced at very few stores were the two Cinderella sets - the coach and the castle. None of the other sets in the line were clearanced at any store as far as I know. See my last few posts in this thread for more details.

There is no market for Golden Girls and LEGO is secretive (and paranoid) about how they design and make series or models. However if they shoot down Zelda... again... then they really should just remove all of them from Ideas and just say they can't get the license.
Yep, they need to give reasons. If the Creator set is too big, give a level cap for 'ideas' designs. If it's a licensing issue, link to a list of licenses that will never happen.

It may stifle the concept a tad, but I doubt it would affect much in the long run. In our social media obsessed society, LEGO fans like showing off their builds and ideas generates 'likes,' so yeah, just being able to show off your stuff may be enough for some people.

That being said, the Maze isn't bad, it's certainly unique and creative but standing next to Jurassic Park and the Museum? It just weakens it a bit.

is anyone else diggin these starter sets?  i love them! 4 figures plus something for 10 bucks.  i am not buying any of the space sets, since i have the last ones, except the starter pack and the space utility vehicle.

I have seen just about every set from June early at TRU for the last month. I was actually able to buy 60097 there, which does not even come out until August. They just don't seem to care about release dates right now. Every Star Wars, City Deep Sea, Shuttle/Space has been there. I have not checked for the Ninjago and other themes.

Anyone else bummed by the Jurassic World sets?  I have two girls that are all about Jurassic Park (eat, sleep & breathe JP) and they wanted to spend some of their allowance on a JW set tonight and they saw the sets and were pretty disappointed.  They're all vehicle sets.  They walked out with a Friends set instead.

The Jurassic World sets are lacking but what else would they do for sets?

I was at The LEGO Store yesterday to buy LEGO piggy bank and they had last series Mixels for $4 and the series before that for $2.5.

I'm torn on the JP sets. I'm not a fan of the diorama style sets. My son wanted the lonely mountain set like crazy and got it for his birthday. Smaug was nice and the details in the build were good too, but compared to something like fire phoenix temple, AT-AT, vampire castle, and the other sets that are similarly priced it just looks small.

Now he wants the JW Indominus Rex set. I watched the reviews and it looks like a decent enough set, but still lacking in comparison to many other sets at the same pricepoint. We'll probably still end up getting it regardless, just kinda disappointing. 

I have seen just about every set from June early at TRU for the last month. I was actually able to buy 60097 there, which does not even come out until August. They just don't seem to care about release dates right now. Every Star Wars, City Deep Sea, Shuttle/Space has been there. I have not checked for the Ninjago and other themes.
I haven't seen any of the Friends music sets anywhere. I don't actually remember when they're supposed to be out though.

Anyone else bummed by the Jurassic World sets? I have two girls that are all about Jurassic Park (eat, sleep & breathe JP) and they wanted to spend some of their allowance on a JW set tonight and they saw the sets and were pretty disappointed. They're all vehicle sets. They walked out with a Friends set instead.
The Indominus Rex seems cool but I'm not collecting anything but houses now. Maybe one of these days a Star Wars UCS set will convince me otherwise but the Mindstorms stuff has my son pretty much tied up on the Lego front.

Anyone interested in the Winter Soldier minifig promo fig @ SAH?
Totally, I've actually been holding out getting the Kwik E Mart for my wife until today. Got a bunch of VIP points saved up and will head over there after work.

On topic of the JW sets, I was super stoked when they were announced, but I was completely bummed out when they were unveiled. Just underwhelming. The only one I may get is the Dilaposaurus, just because I've always loved that dino since the first movie, plus it's cheap enough.

Someone mentioned one of the official Lego storage bins/containers being spotted on clearance at Target.  Looks like most if not all of them are on clearance at various Targets.  I've seen these in various locations inside the store, most often around the other storage bins and not in the actual toy section.  WAY overpriced for my taste, unless you can get them at 70% off or better.

Lego Small Storage Bin with Lid and Sorting Tray - Yellow $2.98 to $9.99 regular price 002-08-0699 

Lego Large Storage Bin with Lid and Sorting Tray - Yellow $4.48 to $14.99 regular price 002-08-0651

Lego Small Storage Bin with Lid and Sorting Tray - Red $4.48 to $14.99 regular price 002-08-0698

Lego Large Storage Bin with Lid and Sorting Tray - Blue $5.98 to $19.99 regular price002-08-0645

Lego Large Storage Bin with Lid and Sorting Tray - Red $5.98 to $19.99 regular price 002-08-0647

Lego Large Storage Head $5.98 to $19.99 regular price (most if not all of the various heads have been on clearance on target.com for a while now, as well as previously clearanced out at most stores) 002-08-0652
"Lego Round Knob" - I have no idea what this is, $1.78 to 5.99 regular price 002-08-0646

Thanks for the list. I just checked a store last night for these, but they weren't on clearance at all yet.

The Knob is a plastic can shaped like a 1x1 round Lego piece. It opens at the halfway point. I picked up a couple on clearance a while back that had tshirts inside of them.

For those who have observed this kind of thing for longer than I have, will they likely run out of this guy very soon?
They have ran out of some promos within days, and others within weeks. So it's hard to tell how many LEGO has on hand.

Thanks for the list. I just checked a store last night for these, but they weren't on clearance at all yet.

The Knob is a plastic can shaped like a 1x1 round Lego piece. It opens at the halfway point. I picked up a couple on clearance a while back that had tshirts inside of them.
Thanks for the info on the Lego round knob...I'll keep an eye out for them.

bread's done
Back