LEGO Deals 3

I haven't followed the comics, but I thought he wore his wings still in the comics?

They're also going to sell Ultron's throne (bleh) and a mini scene featuring Yoda's hut and the X-Wing in the swamp, but it has minecraft style figures (so no minifigs).

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the first time I've seen a SDCC Lego exclusive and thought "fuck Lego." Yeah, it is odd he doesn't have his wings. I highly doubt they'll put that in a set, I'm sure it'll be exclusive like the Collector last year.

Found a 9449 in my local walmart last night. It wouldnt scan so i took it to the register hoping that it was a return or extreme clearance. This set is pretty old so i thought I might be in luck. Wouldnt scan at the register so they sent me to customer service. CS said scanned it 2-3 times before telling me it was $40. Sad face.

Found a 9449 in my local walmart last night. It wouldnt scan so i took it to the register hoping that it was a return or extreme clearance. This set is pretty old so i thought I might be in luck. Wouldnt scan at the register so they sent me to customer service. CS said scanned it 2-3 times before telling me it was $40. Sad face.
That is 50% off of a set that is retired. How much more did you expect it to be discounted?

Took the kids to the Jurassic World build. Just grabbed all the pieces and left. It's a cute little build. The yellow/black caution piece is printed, but the JW logo is a sticker. That was kind of a bummer.

Also checked at the CS counter on the way out for the Gallimimus polybag. She pulled one from under the counter, "you mean this one?" Score! Then she goes into, "this is one where you have to spend X number of dollars to get it for free." Bummer. She scanned it as she was telling me this, "Oh! or you can buy it for $4." Score! Grabbed 3. Two for the kids and one to stash.

That is 50% off of a set that is retired. How much more did you expect it to be discounted?
Not into the Ninjago line, but looking at Amazon it's fetching $118. That'd be a nice flip.

Man, I went to the Jurassic World event today at TRU and they actually gave all the sets out before it started, so I walked away empty handed. I did check out the Ross next door though and they turned out to have some Avengers and IM3 sets for $5 to $10 off retail, but I didn't get anything.

Man, I went to the Jurassic World event today at TRU and they actually gave all the sets out before it started, so I walked away empty handed. I did check out the Ross next door though and they turned out to have some Avengers and IM3 sets for $5 to $10 off retail, but I didn't get anything.
our store ran out of the Jurassic world sets before we got there but the store was nice enough to offer some other smaller sets in replacement. My daughter picked the 30275 tie advanced prototype. The associate said they ran out in 30 minutes

My TRU barely had any turn out so we were able to score 1. The line was only about 8 people deep and we were first. Got there about 20 minutes early and no one else came until around 5 minutes before.

Folks if you're in search of the gallimimus poly I implore you to hit up your local Gamestops for leftovers. I've scored a total of 6 so far

Haven't bought anything new in a while but while cleaning I found my son's old Toy Story RC rescue set, just missing three pieces - RC's antenna, one of Buzz's wings and the part that connects Buzz to the Rocket. Also found the army man set, just missing the medic's helmet.

Bought Woody's Roundup years ago but I am in a Disney mood since I am going in a few weeks so I put it together. Cute little set

The RC set was the best Toy Story set they put out.  I went through piecing it back together a couple months ago.  I think I'm missing a piece or two as well.  

Also, can't say I'm a fan of the rubber-ish Gallimimus.  Are all the dinos made the same?  He just doesn't want to stay on the pegs like normal plastic LEGO animals. 

Does anyone have any sealed series 2 figs sitting around that they're willing to trade/part with?  I was going through mine and realized I was short a vampire. I've got extras series 2 to trade.  

Witch

Patrol officer

Surfer

explorer

hombre (sombrero guy)

Ringmaster

Pharoah

Skier

lifeguard (female)

martial arts champ

I also have assorted figs from the other series, most of my volume is in hazmat suit guys and crazy scientists. I probably have 150+ extras across the entire line. No extra Simpsons or Lego Movie figs, though.  I only picked up what I needed for those series. 

Picked up Series 2 Marge and Patty, four more to go to be complete

For fathers day my wife and kids got me Raptor Rampage and the Toy & Grocery Shop

Anyone see that TRU is having a "Side-Walk" sale this weekend? Anyone experience one before or know if they will have LEGO sets on sale?

I got a NYC exclusive Statue of Liberty set at the LEGO Store by 30 Rock the last time I was there.

Does anyone know of any other city-specific sets? My sis is in Chicago, and I wondered if they might have one.

Not too surprising. A lot of companies are trying to move away from petroleum based products. At least they're not rushing into it. 15 yrs is a decent amount of time to test alternative materials. Plus, they most likely have already been researching options for a couple years.

There is plastic that isn't made from oil. That's where I see them heading.

A 100 piece Star Wars set in 2030 will cost $99. :lol:

Speaking of those polybags, I picked up a total of 7 last weekend,  and opened 6. One of them had a curved tail, while the other 5 had straight tails.  My wife thought it might have been a mold defect, but considering that the printing on it was perfect, I'm assuming it happened during packaging.  I'm sure it's easy to replicate, considering how flexible they are, but I'm not going to try.  Those things are already shooting up in price. There's no way I'm going to screw up my dinosaurs, lol. 

I am glad I got these but don't see why everyone is killing themselves looking for them. I have picked up six so far by just asking for leftovers at Gamestop. Guess I will keep some of them unopened for sale or trade

I managed to score 3 from a gamestop, after stopping by 5 local ones. I then went to TRU to pick up the rest. 

I'd say people are freaking out because, other then those polybags, they're unreleased. 

Pretty excited about the coming Halloween themed series 14. Loved monster fighters, and many of those figs will go great with those sets

71010-LEGO-Minifigures-Series-14-Halloween-Theme-October-2015-300x180.jpg
I am now more excited for this than I have been about almost anything else coming out this year.
This will make my year! Very excited to see this!

I got one freebie at a GS tonight. The manager mentioned that "no one was really interested in them" and that I could have one.

I'd picked up two at TRU earlier in the week--one free with purchase, and bought another for $4.

Yeah I'm assuming that binici isn't familiar with how the whole process works. I have friends who go every year and I don't even bother asking them to pick me up anything, it's such an imposition and hassle and they already have to worry about their own schedules and what they want to pick up for themselves. I mean if you can find a stranger on the boards to grab something for you, consider yourself blessed and nominate that person for sainthood but otherwise keep dreaming.
If it's something you feel you absolutely have to have then just plan to spend jacked up prices on eBay. It sucks but it's just a part of collecting we've come to live with now. As long as SDCC is around, exclusives will be too.

To add: I went to the Lego booth two days in a row, getting there at 6 AM. Both days, the Lego exclusive line was capped before they let normal people in.

I have gotten minifigs the last three years though (Phoenix, "Venom," Spider-man, Bard x2, Collector x2, Unikitty). Kept Phoenix, "Venom," and Unikitty. Phoenix resides in my minifigure collection case by herself. Cause I haven't decided who else to put in there.

I have a Walmart LEGO story I need to tell...I'll start with a list then in parenthesis is the number of sets they had.

City 60004: Fire Station (2)

City 60036: Arctic Base Camp (2)

TMNT 79117: Turtle Lair Invasion (4)

Ninjago 70728: Battle for Ninjago City (2)

Legends of Chima 70145: Maula's Ice Mammoth Stomper (6)

And one more that I can not remember.

I am there on Friday, TMNT is 74, Chima is 80 the rest are full price. I stop by again on Monday, turns out the prices for all of those dropped on Saturday...to $25!!!!! Of course they are all gone. I've been stalking this Walmart for months checking Ninjago City and Arctic Base Camp and they stayed full price...and now.... This will haunt me :cry:

Well...looking at it objectively...the TMNT one has those awful movie Turtles, so it sucks. The Chima one sucks like every other Chima set. The Fire Station does have a Dalmatian. The Base Camp has the awesome polar bear and 4 awesome husky. The Ninjago looks like it has a bunch of great parts. Really the thing is...$25!!$#! That's so many parts for so little cash. If I would have bought one of each then sold the Chima and TMNT minifigures I would have had the stack paid for! And with that I return to my previous statement: This will haunt me :cry:

Well...looking at it objectively...the TMNT one has those awful movie Turtles, so it sucks. The Chima one sucks like every other Chima set. The Fire Station does have a Dalmatian. The Base Camp has the awesome polar bear and 4 awesome husky. The Ninjago looks like it has a bunch of great parts. Really the thing is...$25!!$#! That's so many parts for so little cash. If I would have bought one of each then sold the Chima and TMNT minifigures I would have had the stack paid for! And with that I return to my previous statement: This will haunt me :cry:
At one of my Walmarts, they will only mark stuff down when they know one of their buddies can come in and buy stuff. None of it ever makes it to the floor.

I have a Walmart LEGO story I need to tell...I'll start with a list then in parenthesis is the number of sets they had.

City 60004: Fire Station (2)
City 60036: Arctic Base Camp (2)
TMNT 79117: Turtle Lair Invasion (4)
Ninjago 70728: Battle for Ninjago City (2)
Legends of Chima 70145: Maula's Ice Mammoth Stomper (6)
And one more that I can not remember.

I am there on Friday, TMNT is 74, Chima is 80 the rest are full price. I stop by again on Monday, turns out the prices for all of those dropped on Saturday...to $25!!!!! Of course they are all gone. I've been stalking this Walmart for months checking Ninjago City and Arctic Base Camp and they stayed full price...and now.... This will haunt me :cry:
I've also been stalking the arctic base camp. One store near me has had it at 70 for three or four months. 25 would be sweet. The drop better come soon

At one of my Walmarts, they will only mark stuff down when they know one of their buddies can come in and buy stuff. None of it ever makes it to the floor.
I have one of those too, but this place is legit (or it used to be). At this store I've bought 70816: Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! and 76021: The Milano Spaceship Rescue for $25, 60008: Museum Break-in and 70403: Dragon Mountain for $15 and a bunch of smaller sets for $5 on various occasions. It's one of them right place at the right time kind of stores. Sadly it's too far away for me to get there more than every other week at best.

I've also been stalking the arctic base camp. One store near me has had it at 70 for three or four months. 25 would be sweet. The drop better come soon
Most everywhere else sold out at $70, a couple went down to $49. I think $25 is one of those unicorns in a tutu situations.

bread's done
Back