LEGO Deals 3

And that's a wrap for set 10188. Also, take a good look at the Ewok Village; now you see it, but soon you won't. 

The Ferrari Creator set will be available for VIPs starting tomorrow. Go visit your LEGO store, it's an awesome set!

Sup bro, out of the blue you return. Do you happen to knwo anything about the xwing?
What's up dude. I've been away for a little bit and have been itching to get back on CAG.

You know, I didn't see it on the "Exiting List" and that's been a hard sell for many stores for awhile; considering there are better sets available for your money. I'm sure it'll be gone soon, but as of now I'm clueless as to when that will be.

Brickshow has images up for the new Falcon and X-Wing; which I find extremely odd. I got to see many, if not all, the SW E7 sets and I had to sign a disclaimer. It was so hush-hush that the room was completely sealed and only available to certain executives for viewing. Guess all that is out the window...

I saw an Avengers Tower on Walmart clearance today. That's a new one to me. $45 ($60 MSRP), but I passed. Decent deal, I guess.

At the same store I picked up a $21 Snowspeeder (because Snowtrooper) and a $7 Monster Truck.

At Walmart yesterday they had two boxes if series 13 and a display of Simpsons. They also had a ton of Creator and Technic sets on clearance along with pretty much every Ultra Agents and Movie set for 25%~30% off. The couch was $11, the Kitty Castle was $15, giant mech was $45.

I was looking for JW sets at Target last night. They were wiped clean other than 1-2 of the $20SRP Pteranodon sets. The stock tracker shows nearly all the Targets near me wiped out of both those sets karkyco.

Meijer still had plenty of all of them. Grabbed the Dilophosaurus and Raptor sets. Speaking of, has anyone seen the Raptor Pen set (has the other two Raptors from the movie) anywhere but lego.com?

I also picked up all of series 5 Mixels. Still loving all of those.

Grabbed my daughter the Fairground Mixer for her birthday this coming weekend. I'm looking forward to helping her with that one. :)
Any good clearance at Meijer? All full price?

Does WalMart go to 50% off like Target on clearance or is it pretty slow?

Nice surprise score today. Noticed yesterday that one of the sets I'm tracking was going to drop to 50% off at a particular store this week. Checked in just now to pick up the artic base camp for $36.98, and came across 50% off Pirate ship, Ultron jet, and Starblaster showdown. Love these city targets clearancing out the big sets and usually straight to 50% or even 70% off, though the Ultron and Pirate ship had an over msrp regular price so it wasn't a true 50% off.

Unfortunately Knowhere Escape is still holding at $27.98 lowest at some locations.

204-00-0150 Arctic Base Camp $36.98
204-00-1444 Pirate Ship $56.98
204-00-1024 Ultron Avengers Jet $45.98
204-00-0254 Starblaster Showdown $8.98

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice surprise score today. Noticed yesterday that one of the sets I'm tracking was going to drop to 50% off at a particular store this week. Checked in just now to pick up the artic base camp for $36.98, and came across 50% off Pirate ship, Ultron jet, and Starblaster showdown. Love these city targets clearancing out the big sets and usually straight to 50% off.

Unfortunately Knowhere Escape is still holding at $27.98 lowest at some locations.
You and your LA Targets can bite me.

Does WalMart go to 50% off like Target on clearance or is it pretty slow?
speaking from my experience walmart clearance is hard to predict. I was watching the arctic base camp be stuck at 25% for 6 weeks and the seventh week I don't check out of frustration and it drops to 60% and I miss out. The same store dropped the tmnt invasion lair attack to 75% off in about a week and a half. Brickseek was doing a good job recently reporting the in store prices but these latest drops are not showing up in the their system when I match what I see on the shelf to what is online. My closest store is in week one of 25% off. Hopefully they will drop quick, they have some jake and the never land pirate and batman duplos for my younger one and some Disney princess at 25% for my older one. There are some Star Wars and Lego movies sets for me too.

No luck on finding the big Agents sets for any cheaper today. I tried two Targets. I don't think either store did any new markdowns this week.

where was it posted that the theme was ending?
Some of the storyline on LEGO or somewhere says 'final'. I read it on Eurobricks. Plus the final three sets aren't being released in most countries.

And Chima is ending this year. Also has final three sets.

Here's the rundown at my Meijer:

City Arctic

60032 - Arctic Snow Mobile - $5.94

60033 - Arctic Ice Crawler - $12.74

60034 - Arctic Helicrane - $33.99

60035 - Arctic Outpost - $42.49

60036 - Arctic Base Camp - $76.49

Marvel

76018 - Hulk Lab Smash -$42.49

TMNT

79117 - Turtle Lair Invasion - $84.99

79121 - Turtle Sub Undersea Chase - $50.99

Ultra Agents

70161 - Tremor Track Infiltration - $14.99

70160 - Riverside Raid - $10.19

Friends

41035 Heartlake Juice Bar - $25.49

41039 Sunshine Ranch - $59.49

Disney Princess

41054 Rapunzel's Tower - $33.99

41053 Cinderella's Dream Carriage - $25.49

I say this knowing that not everyone can do this, but save your self some time and most likely some money, buy a case of 60 on amazon or amazon uk when they first release. I bought a case of 60 Simpsons series 2 on amazon.fr for $192 when they first released (they were available for a decent amount of time). Each case of 60 has 3 full sets and 12 extras. I sold 2 sets for $95-$99 shipped on amazon which pretty much covered the cost of the case, kept 1 full set and have used the remaining 12 as trade fodder. Did not have to worry about feeling packs or finding the rares from the set (some people might enjoy doing this, but I do not). This may be frowned upon here, I am not sure.

Weird that you guys are all unanimous on the specter.

IAt9wjT.jpg

Personally, I'm more excited for the gargoyle. Put it on some modulars and...

3bpdRJR.png

I say this knowing that not everyone can do this, but save your self some time and most likely some money, buy a case of 60 on amazon or amazon uk when they first release. I bought a case of 60 Simpsons series 2 on amazon.fr for $192 when they first released (they were available for a decent amount of time). Each case of 60 has 3 full sets and 12 extras. I sold 2 sets for $95-$99 shipped on amazon which pretty much covered the cost of the case, kept 1 full set and have used the remaining 12 as trade fodder. Did not have to worry about feeling packs or finding the rares from the set (some people might enjoy doing this, but I do not). This may be frowned upon here, I am not sure.
I did that for series 10. Guess what, I still have a box of series 10 minifigs. I can have a Mr. Gold for all I know.

I did that for series 10. Guess what, I still have a box of series 10 minifigs. I can have a Mr. Gold for all I know.
I also bought a series 10 case to see if I got a Mr. Gold. The problem with series 10 is that is was one of/if not the only series that only had 2 full sets. The rares like Medusa and Trendsetter only had 2 in the case instead of 3 like the rares now.

I think there were three series that only had two complete sets. So good to have three complete sets again. I think toysn bricks has some deal on European Simpsons figures.

The price for a case has come down on amazon.fr to roughly $168, but so has the price to sell a full set of 16 on amazon.com to $75 roughly. Still a good way to get a set for free and not have to worry about feeling up packs or searching for rares.

The price for a case has come down on amazon.fr to roughly $168, but so has the price to sell a full set of 16 on amazon.com to $75 roughly. Still a good way to get a set for free and not have to worry about feeling up packs or searching for rares.
Don't you have to feel up all the packs in order to sort them into sets? I'm willing to do that for a free set, but still...

I like the specter, but I like the plant guy even more.

The Halloween series are just phenomenal. God I hope they somehow announce some epic Scooby Doo set around Halloween to give them all a home. I'll be building my Haunted House this year either way.

Those are some slick minifigs... I haven't bought any since the movie series, I think; going to have to grab just about all of these Halloween ones. I'm a sucker for lego zombies.

Jurassic World completionists: Might want to get that Walmart-exclusive raptor escape soon. With it being sold out on S@H I noticed the panic buying/hoarding has started. There were about 10 at my nearest store last week and now all gone. Closest store with it listed in stock is more than 45 miles away.

I can't imagine them not making more...
You never know with LEGO. Because it's only one store exclusive they might not bother. However it is the 3rd biggest movie ever (not counting inflation) and the DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital copy of it will come out soon I'd assume they will keep the sets around for little bit.

They certainly could make more, although not too many sets come back from the "sold out" label on s@h. Since it's a Walmart exclusive (meaning the odds of finding a sale on it are almost zero), I bit on buying it at MSRP now rather than procrastinate like I usually do and then kick myself for missing a set.

Sometimes S@H sticks 'sold out' as a place holder for sets that do come back, they just don't have a date for when.

Either way I'd buy it to be really safe. You have 90 days to bring it back.

They certainly could make more, although not too many sets come back from the "sold out" label on s@h. Since it's a Walmart exclusive (meaning the odds of finding a sale on it are almost zero), I bit on buying it at MSRP now rather than procrastinate like I usually do and then kick myself for missing a set.
The Target Exclusive "The Zombies" now goes for the excellent deal price of $150 and it's a mediocre set. I'm not collecting any JP stuff but if you are a collector or like the set I'd get it now or suffer painful reseller markups.

To be fair that zombie set has zombies in it and I think that's why it's so high. I'm hopeful it will drop in price after the monster series mini figures come out.

The Zombies set is as high as $250 on amazon right now. It is so high because it was a Target exclusive outside of lego.com that was only available for 4-5 months in 2012. I think there are a lot of parallels with 75920 Raptor Escape. It has only been out for roughly 2 months and was limited to lego.com and walmart. If it is done like the rumor states, it will sky rocket due to the popularity of the movie, you need the set if you want to have all 4 raptors from the movie (Blue, Charlie, Echo and Delta) as 2 are in this set and 2 in 75917 and dinosaurs in general.

One store near me says they have the Jurassic Park set in-stock....not sure I really care though.  I've spent enough lately on LEGO...haha.  

Ordered and it was cancelled.....of course it was WalMart....of course it was.

bread's done
Back