LEGO Deals 3

Picked up a crap ton of Mega Bloks (Halo, CoD and Assassin's Creed) at 70% off. Also found two of the Lego stack and sort yellow heads this morning at one of my Targets. 12.xx down from $40.

Going to do a full target write up later, but if you can't find Benny's, all targets that have them have the milano at "half" off, $49.98. Nowhere near as good as the stores that previously cleared them at $23.98 and $26.98 obviously, but better than nothing. Saw a bunch of stores still showing 1-2.

Going to do a full target write up later, but if you can't find Benny's, all targets that have them have the milano at "half" off, $49.98. Nowhere near as good as the stores that previously cleared them at $23.98 and $26.98 obviously, but better than nothing. Saw a bunch of stores still showing 1-2.
I posted that yesterday, it's the same price online and Amazon is also price matching it.

Thanks! I'll probably grab a Milano at some point. I got the Man of Steel Metropolis Showdown set today for $10 and just finished putting it together. Really, really enjoyed it. For a simple little set it was pretty fun and the minifigures are gorgeous. Really love the shiny Superman and Zod minifigures.

I posted that yesterday, it's the same price online and Amazon is also price matching it.
Sorry, been very busy and hectic with the day job (not Lego huntin', sadly).

Thanks! I'll probably grab a Milano at some point. I got the Man of Steel Metropolis Showdown set today for $10 and just finished putting it together. Really, really enjoyed it. For a simple little set it was pretty fun and the minifigures are gorgeous. Really love the shiny Superman and Zod minifigures.
That reminds me, I stopped in the odd KMart in the middle of L.A. (across from the Grove) last week as I had some time to kill, place really stunk like old people farts (no surprise), but found the Man of Steel/Superman Smallville attack hidden behind some other sets. Scanned for $11.xx. Not bad for Superman, Zod, Fiora, and Lex (and I think some other Kryptonian too).

Reminder, Big Bang Theory goes on sale at midnight.  Seems a tad overpriced but being an Ideas set, no telling how many they made or how fast they'll go.

$73 after shipping + tax

Ouch.

I think I'm gonna pass on that one.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids and I saw the Big Bang set in store a couple of days ago.  We all liked the minifigs but the price was about double what we would want to pay.

I bought a set at SDCC, but someone on eBay paid me $100 to take it off my hands.

Now I can buy a set and get VIP points.

Target had no more Agents sets but did have five Chima mammoths for half off. I'm hoping they are there next week and 70% off.

Walmart was interesting. 1/3 of the clearance was sold, 1/3 of it was the same, 1/3 of it became normal price. It was very odd.

Reminder, Big Bang Theory goes on sale at midnight. Seems a tad overpriced but being an Ideas set, no telling how many they made or how fast they'll go.

$73 after shipping + tax

Ouch.

I think I'm gonna pass on that one.
I picked it up last week at TRU with a 20% coupon and some rewards. Ended up paying just a tad bit over $40 for it. If you have a coupon and/or rewards, check TRU.

Thinking about selling the 9493 X Wing that's just sitting in the closet right now, if anyone here is interested send me an offer PM and hopefully I can avoid eBay.

Wife and I went stopped at the Lego store while doing some shopping today. Store sold out of all Scobby Doo sets except for the Lighthouse, maybe 6 total, and 1 Mummy set. Picked up the Lighthouse, Big Bang, still had about 4, and new Miles Spiderman set. We'll pick up the rest of the Scooby sets when they're more readily available. Never thought I'd want all of those and not even have bought a single Jurrasic World set yet. 7 year old me would slap me right now.

Wife and I went stopped at the Lego store while doing some shopping today. Store sold out of all Scobby Doo sets except for the Lighthouse, maybe 6 total, and 1 Mummy set. Picked up the Lighthouse, Big Bang, still had about 4, and new Miles Spiderman set. We'll pick up the rest of the Scooby sets when they're more readily available. Never thought I'd want all of those and not even have bought a single Jurrasic World set yet. 7 year old me would slap me right now.
I saw some at Target today, no Mystery Machine or Masion.

Target had no more Agents sets but did have five Chima mammoths for half off. I'm hoping they are there next week and 70% off.

Walmart was interesting. 1/3 of the clearance was sold, 1/3 of it was the same, 1/3 of it became normal price. It was very odd.
Probably not going to turn down a Mammoth at 70% off, even if I'm trying to "retire" from regular sets.

For anyone who found the Mystery Machine at Target can you please provide the DPCI? TRU and Lego store in my area sold out already

I don't have the DPCIs handy but here are some of the sets to keep an eye out for on clearance at Target stores (this is not a comprehensive list). It's really scattershot all over the lines and stores - some of these sets are only on clearance at a couple of stores, usually the City Targets.

Brick Bounty Pirate Ship 204-00-1444 70% off at one store, 50% and 30% off at a handful of others, MSRP at the most though.

Arctic sets:
Arctic Base Camp 204-00-0150 70% off at one store only, MSRP at the rest.
Arctic Mobile Camp 204-00-0147 50% off at many stores, 30% off at a few, MSRP at a few.

Superheroes:
GotG Milano $49.98 at all stores 204-00-0239
GotG Knowhere Escape $19.98-$23.98 most if not all stores 204-00-0241
GotG Starblaster Showdown $5.38 or $8.98 at about a quarter to a third of stores 204-00-0254
Batman vs. Joker Steamroller if you can find it should be on clearance from around $15 to $25 204-00-1337
Justice League Javelin vs. Darkseid is $34.98 at a few. $48.98 or MSRP though at most 204-00-1434
Avengers Ultron vs. Quinjet is 70% off at a few stores, MSRP at the rest. 204-00-1024
Captain America vs. Red Skull/Hydra is $5.68 at a bunch of stores 204-00-1341

City:
The abandoned house fire emergency is half off at most stores I think it's 204-00-1050 or 1047
Police mobile command unit is clearanced at most stores that still have it

Lego Movie:
Benny's Spaceship, if you can find it, should be $29.98 at most if not all stores 204-00-0201
All the older ones, if you can find any of them, should be on clearance like the melting room, Emmett's Mech, Police Dropship, Police Escape etc.

Technic:
I've seen the Hot Rod and all of the smaller sets on clearance at various stores and price levels

Creator:
Lots of creator sets on clearance especially the smaller ones

Duplo:
Almost all Duplo sets are on clearance at some stores.

Chima:
No idea but there were a bunch on clearance

Ninjago:
Same as Chima

^ Chima at my store was 50% off all the older stuff.

I'm amazed there are still Joker Steamrollers around. A store near me in the winter had them for half off, I bought one, they have 30 left and were gone the next week. I'm assuming they were recalled to LEGO for a Black Friday deal.

Some friends and I hit a LEGO Store yesterday. They'd sold out of the Mystery Machine, but had all the other Scooby sets. I got the airplane because I like the Headless Horseman fig and the BURGER that Shaggy comes with. The Scooby in this set is seated and wearing pilot goggles--there are a few figure variations like that that'll mean you won't always get a "plain" figure. The Shaggy in the Lighthouse set has seaweed across his shirt, for example. The clerk who told me the MM sold out right away handed me a free shipping card to use if I wanted to order it online--thanks, LEGO!

I also picked up the Carnage set--LOVE the SHIELD agent--and a scratch & dent Lich King Battle set that was marked down about $4 off.

Jokerland and the new Ferrari looked great!

I also picked up the Carnage set--LOVE the SHIELD agent--and a scratch & dent Lich King Battle set that was marked down about $4 off.

Jokerland and the new Ferrari looked great!
That SHIELD vehicle really surprised me, quite nice! And found the Mystery Machine at TRU yesterday, had a 15% off coupon so took it right below MSRP, wife put it together last night, really cool set. The van is spot on.

Was at a new Target 9It was new to me) and they had the three mid ranged Scooby Doo sets and the two small Jurassic ones.

Both times at the local Lego store are booked for tomorrow's mini-build.

We went to the Washington Redskin's training camp today...no tickets needed just walked right in, but I need to reserve a spot for the Lego Store mini-build?

No more coupons, the new Pick a Brick Wall (which sucks), hardly any clearance/damaged box deals...it's like they don't want me in the store.

I preordered the Mystery Machine from Amazon with Prime. They shipped on the 31st and it arrived on the 1st. Was pleasantly surprised.

Great set, but the stickers drive me crazy. Especially lining up the text on the van.

The LEGO has been pointless to go to since they got rid of the grab bags. I only go there because I live near one know and the mall is clean. :lol:

The LEGO has been pointless to go to since they got rid of the grab bags. I only go there because I live near one know and the mall is clean. :lol:
I'm fortunate enough to have a store that sells s&d stuff and can get older sets that finally make it to the floor. I thought about joining the club but it's not super convenient to go to the builds events with my son. When they are both old enough (one's 4) it might be worth it. Since we stopped buying anything but modulars I haven't had a reason to go back but I'm hoping there's an episode 7 UCS set that comes out this fall with the retiring of the Death Star.

The rumor is that the Death Star spot will be taken by a huge Echo base. I'm still hoping that Episode 7 has had a Death Star for years that is blowing up planets left and right for awhile. So maybe we can get a Death Star 3.

The Store near me had 6-8 sets last time for 10% off with a damaged box. That's not even worth marking down. Target does 20% sales all the time, and 5% more with the Red Card. However the guys there were very nice to talk to. I was the only one in the store for about 15 minutes, we talked about the up coming sets (It was about 10 days ago) and I bought some half off Mixels. However the cashier didn't know how to ring up a debit card it seems. :lol:

I miss grab bags too :(  I was there once, when they were throwing a LotR Orc Army display into grab bags, ended up with dozens of Orcs and half of a train someone had returned(weird combo).  Was in a store over the weekend though, and Mixels were down to 98 cents!

I picked up two Scooby sets yesterday at MSRP: the Mummy set and the Headless Horseman set. I can't tell you how many fond memories of after school cartoons played in my head as I put these together. I could swear I could actually hear the show's background music as I put the finishing touches on the biplane.

Anyway, all nostalgia aside, these sets are great. Apparently everyone's favorite characters are Shaggy and Scoob cause they're in every set. Shaggy is the same in every set with a couple of deco changes in the Lighthouse one (think he has seaweed on his shirt). He's got two faces; normal and scared. Seeing his hair in 3 dimensions is a bit jarring, but it looks fine all together. Scooby also comes in two types, sitting and standing with one paw raised. His face is a little different from set to set (he's wearing goggles for the Horseman set), but other than that the same. The monsters all have two faces as well, the masked and unmasked faces.

Now to the particulars. The mummy set is a fun build with a museum-like display of the sarcophagus (new mold for that) and a couple posters and gold details. There's a gimmick where pulling a hamburger on a chain behind the display lifts the sarcophagus lid to reveal the mummy. The base of the display swings open to reveal a hidden compartment with jewels. The headless horseman set comes with the titular monster and his horse as well as the biplane that Scoob and Shag flew in that episode. The Lego version of the plane is deco'd to match the mystery machine, but in the show it was just a random plane. The aircraft is a fairly clever build with room for both Scooby and Shaggy in the cockpit. In order to get both of them in there, the cockpit is not divided but rather is a big open seating area. This one comes with the seated version of Scooby. I really dig the jack-o-lantern mask for the monster and may have to get the Haunted Castle set just because you get two or three more of them in that set.

Each set has a panel for Shaggy to hold that sort of sets up the narrative of the set. The mummy's panel looks like some notes the gang may have made while investigating; with a picture of the sarcophagus and a drawing of the jewels with a question mark. The horseman set's panel is a newspaper featuring an article about the stolen trophy/chalice and a photo of the horseman. I can presume that each set has a similar panel with details setting up the story.

All in all these sets are cleverly engineered, brightly colored, really capture the feel of the original cartoon, and have multiple play features that even a man-child like myself can enjoy (when his wife's not looking).

These things seem be selling out pretty quickly in the Los Angeles area, according to the checker who rang me up. That store had apparently restocked the shelves several times since the street date. (Think these have been out less than a week?) If you have a soft spot in your head or heart for good ol' Scoob and the gang, I advise you to grab these while you can. I predict this will be one of Lego's best selling themes with apparent general gap spanning appeal.

My one gripe is that it appears Velma only comes in the giant Mystery Mansion set, which while interesting, still doesn't compare for creepiness or awesomeness to the previously released Monster Fighters Haunted House or even the Vampyre Castle. Although you do get those man-eating plants so there's that. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Lego Scooby apparently uses weaponized hamburgers to capture all the villains.

The new burger print is very awesome and a welcome to to the LEGO food land. However is the sarcophagus a new piece? Looks the same as the old ones but in new gold color.

My least favorite set is the plane set, mainly because it only has 126 pieces and is $20 I feel like there should be a side billed like there is for the van set.

​I'm hoping this theme continues for a long time and that there are more sets with more characters instead of just Shaggy in every set.

More...characters?

Like who, Scrappy?
If you buy all the sets you get 5 Scooby Doos and Shaggys. But you only get 1-2 of the other characters. I mean more sets with the other characters, and more side characters like Scrappy, why not? I hope it's a not a one off theme.

Agreed. There're a ton of villains I'd like to see. Creeper, anyone? That robot dude, the skully ghost alien with the decrepit UFO, the deep-sea diver ghost. And how about one or variations on the Sheriff? That thawed out caveman, the Miner 49er! and so on

And yeah, if you just want the full gang, you'll have to buy two sets: The Mystery Machine (for Fred) and the Mystery Mansion (for the girls). You end up with an extra Shag and Scoob. But the hamburger bombs are only in the Headless Horseman set, so there's that. ;)

Agreed. There're a ton of villains I'd like to see. Creeper, anyone? That robot dude, the skully ghost alien with the decrepit UFO, the deep-sea diver ghost. And how about one or variations on the Sheriff? That thawed out caveman, the Miner 49er! and so on

And yeah, if you just want the full gang, you'll have to buy two sets: The Mystery Machine (for Fred) and the Mystery Mansion (for the girls). You end up with an extra Shag and Scoob. But the hamburger bombs are only in the Headless Horseman set, so there's that. ;)
That is literally all I wanted from the Scooby sets and I am incredibly disappointed that they didn't make it. I also would like a Ghoul School set.

The rumor is that the Death Star spot will be taken by a huge Echo base. I'm still hoping that Episode 7 has had a Death Star for years that is blowing up planets left and right for awhile. So maybe we can get a Death Star 3.

The Store near me had 6-8 sets last time for 10% off with a damaged box. That's not even worth marking down. Target does 20% sales all the time, and 5% more with the Red Card. However the guys there were very nice to talk to. I was the only one in the store for about 15 minutes, we talked about the up coming sets (It was about 10 days ago) and I bought some half off Mixels. However the cashier didn't know how to ring up a debit card it seems. :lol:
I think echo is a lock but it's rumored to be much smaller than the Death Star so that's why I hope it's not the replacement.

On another note, anyone have tips on how to buy a whole set of minifigs? I want to get the halloween set for my kids but I want to dole them out over weeks which got me in trouble last time as the ebay seller gave me numerous duplicates in the "complete" set but wouldn't fix the problem 4 weeks after purchase, which is understandable I guess. Does anyone know any sellers who are better than others with this sort of thing? Are there any CAGers here who want to split a case potentially?

Are there Scooby Snacks?
Surprisingly no, I don't believe any of the sets do. And yes, this series totally hit the nostalgia factor, I was singing the theme song as my wife put together the Lighthouse and Mystery Machine. LOL But the sets are so well designed. They knocked it out of the park. Biggest sleeper IMO for Lego this year. Need to get the rest of the sets.

For everyone freaking about lack of JW sets, while at the minibuild today the Lego store had a full restock of every set.

Went to TRU and had them price match Amazon on the new minifigure display cases, picked up two - a red and a black

Surprisingly no, I don't believe any of the sets do. And yes, this series totally hit the nostalgia factor, I was singing the theme song as my wife put together the Lighthouse and Mystery Machine. LOL But the sets are so well designed. They knocked it out of the park. Biggest sleeper IMO for Lego this year. Need to get the rest of the sets.
If I had to guess, they probably didn't want a bunch of parents crying in outrage that their kids ate the scooby snacks. For those who don't know or care, Keepler makes some Graham Cracker Scooby Snacks. My almost 3 year old is stuck on scooby doo, I want to buy him these sets even though they will be more for me. >_<

I was never a huge fan of Scooby Doo, I'm a Garfield guy myself, but I enjoy it enough. It's more the sets and characters are so well done that has be excited.

bread's done
Back