LEGO Deals 3

Trying to resist Dimensions since we are pretty deep in the Skylanders/Disney Infinity pits. That being said, LEGO probably got me with the Doctor. 

Na, the LEGO Movie game was boring. This one is at least fun.
I thought it was OK but a huge missed opportunity as it had every actresses' and actor's voice from the actual voice and it was never even remotely funny. I really love the visuals since it was stuck making all the assets out of legos.

Dimensions is funny because it almost like they're admitting they're game design model is cheap so at least selling it for 30 bucks instead of 60 AND including some cool minifigs and bricks increases the value proposition a lot. Also, I'm sure that sometimes it will seem overly commercial but Lego seems to embrace cross-over stuff much better than Infinity does.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was OK but a huge missed opportunity as it had every actresses' and actor's voice from the actual voice and it was never even remotely funny. I really love the visuals since it was stuck making all the assets out of legos.
They definitely did not do that. The game had new voice actors. Most of them didn't sound the same at all. The only times the original actors were heard was during the cutscenes, which were just huge chunks taken from the movie.

And there were tons of non-LEGO objects.

They definitely did not do that. The game had new voice actors. Most of them didn't sound the same at all. The only times the original actors were heard was during the cutscenes, which were just huge chunks taken from the movie.

And there were tons of non-LEGO objects.
I was just about to point all this out. They got a lot of sound alikes for the voice actors and they skipped out on making everything Lego unlike the original Lego Star Wars (and I think Lego Batman) which actually made pretty much everything in the world out of Lego. But what can you really expect from the B-tier team? A-Team was working on Lego Batman 3 and they couldn't be bothered with putting work on a tie-in game that was going to sell by name alone.

A pal saw some series 14s at a local Target today, but El Hoardo and La Hoarda swooped in while he stepped away to get a basket, and he was denied. I didn't find any at the stores I tried. 

One of them did have three of the SW ultrabuilds out, though. Early? I was kinda shocked that those are $20. I thought they'd be less. I MAY still buy Grievous, because he looks awesome.

Didn't see any posts about it yet...I found the Wall-E set at TRU yesterday (Cincinnati, OH). I think the cashier may have had to force the sale, so they probably broke street date. It was $59.99.

Didn't see any posts about it yet...I found the Wall-E set at TRU yesterday (Cincinnati, OH). I think the cashier may have had to force the sale, so they probably broke street date. It was $59.99.
I wonder if they fixed the neck issue everyone has been talking about. I am buying this for sure.

lego-wall-e-1-590x330.jpg

I wonder if they fixed the neck issue everyone has been talking about. I am buying this for sure.
lego-wall-e-1-590x330.jpg
From reports on Brickset from people who have got the set already, they haven't, it's pretty bad. Supposedly the set's been delayed according to some US lego stores, maybe they'll try to fix it, but so many retailers already have the set, I don't see this going well.

I just ordered 3 wolverine/deadpool sets from kmart. Something tells me they'll be canceled but I figured it was worth a shot. Still showing in stock for shipping, good luck to anyone who tries an order.

I just ordered 3 wolverine/deadpool sets from kmart. Something tells me they'll be canceled but I figured it was worth a shot. Still showing in stock for shipping, good luck to anyone who tries an order.
not available anymore.... I've been looking for this set too without paying eBay prices... Hope it actually ships for you

So, Kmart decided that the Avengers Hydra Showdown set with Thor and Hawkeye was the same as Wolvereen's chopper showdown.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Time for an angry email. 

So, Kmart decided that the Avengers Hydra Showdown set with Thor and Hawkeye was the same as Wolvereen's chopper showdown. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Time for an angry email.
UGH. Fail. Given it's KMart/Sears/SHC, not terribly surprising, unfortunately.

In other news, here's hoping the SW Rebels Ghosts go back to 70% off clearance (the City Targets had it at $26.98 at the beginning of the year) and don't stop at the present 50% off discount that has shown up at a handful of stores. I also saw the Spiderman vs. Electro small set at "30% off" = $9.23 I believe it was, at a handful of stores; something to keep an eye on.

^ Just looked at the source. You forgot to mention double VIP Oct 1-4, lol.

The two promos do not overlap, but the Winter Toy Shop and double VIP does.

They've been $4 for a couple of series now.
Thanks, I knew some had held out but I figured most would end up and it's becoming harder to even know which stores will carry them. I guess that makes the mark up around 30 bucks on ebay for a complete and still sealed set.

Picked up series 14 tiger woman, spider lady and spectre today

Have the following for trade - zombie pirate, fly monster and monster rocker

Need
Wolf guy
Monster scientist
Wacky witch
Plant monster
Gargoyle
Skeleton guy
Zombie businessman
Square foot
Banshee​

Just bought the series 14 from a guy who says they're sealed for 90 bucks shipped. Figure a 20 dollar convenience fee is worth it and the guy promises to send a replacement if I get any doubles.

Only picked up the Louvre today to keep my architecture set complete.  Will pick a mini figure set when my friend decides he wants to go through a box to get himself one.

Lol to whoever was at a Charlotte Target feeling up the minifigure packs, please do so less creepy. Don't stare into people's eyes as they walk by when you do it.

According to several sites Wall-e is being delayed here in the US until next month in order to fix the neck issue, which I understand is pretty bad. (apparently Amazon is still shipping him) He's still available in Europe, looks like they got theirs corrected first.

I really want this set but will be patient and wait for the corrected version.

Ok so today I picked up - zombie businessman, plant monster, banshee, monster scientist and wolf guy

Have the following for trade - zombie pirate, fly monster and monster rocker

Need
Wacky witch
Gargoyle
Skeleton guy
Square foot​

The funny thing with Walle is lego still hasn't publicly said anything. All we have are words from CS and Lego store employees. My amazon order shipped and should be waiting for me when I get home from vacation,so I'll see just how bad it is, and hopefully CS can send out the replacement parts.

Lol to whoever was at a Charlotte Target feeling up the minifigure packs, please do so less creepy. Don't stare into people's eyes as they walk by when you do it.
At least he/she/it didn't put a finger up to your lips and whisper SHHHH along with a wink.
Did they?

At least he/she/it didn't put a finger up to your lips and whisper SHHHH along with a wink.
Did they?
Haha, it's funny because I barely collect Lego but I stalk this thread so I knew exactly what he was doing. I was picking up the cheap Skylanders with Cartwheel and happened to walk through that aisle.

bread's done
Back