LEGO Deals 3

So this may be the wrong place to ask this but I figured this was where the Lego experts are. I picked up 26 older sets this weekend at a garage sale. Turns out most are missing a few pieces each. Most of the sets are original Harry Potter stuff, a few Kingdoms sets etc. No boxes but all have their original instructions. Is there much value to these as they are or do people only buy complete stuff? (For example..have the Durmstrang Ship but it's missing a flag and the sextant accessory for one of the minifigs. Have the Hogwarts train but it's missing 3 minifigs and a few other pieces.)

The more complete with figures the more value it will be, figures, boxes, and instructions play a big part in value. You want to see it's value look on eBay, brickseek or brickpicker. If your planning on selling depending on what you have you may just sell the figures and sets separate if it's the better of two options.

Was out of town yesterday and stopped at a TRU and they had one Wall-e out. I was going to wait to pick it up until they work out the head issue but decided to grab it anyways, plus I had some coupons and rewards that were expiring soon so I only paid $40.99 for him. I'll give a call to customer service this week to get the parts and instructions necessary to fix his head.
When I got home I had the Ledger Joker waiting for me that I got from ebay

Was out of town yesterday and stopped at a TRU and they had one Wall-e out. I was going to wait to pick it up until they work out the head issue but decided to grab it anyways, plus I had some coupons and rewards that were expiring soon so I only paid $40.99 for him. I'll give a call to customer service this week to get the parts and instructions necessary to fix his head.
When I got home I had the Ledger Joker waiting for me that I got from ebay
Is there a fix for the head? Can you please shoot the info over to me when you get a chance.

I have only seen people on other boards and news sites say to contact customer service and they will send you the parts for the head fix
I found this on google, it's an article on Reddit. Gave it a quick read but didn't get the specifics, if you or anybody else knows the part numbers just in case let me know.

My TRU finally cleared out last year's sets within the last month. The TRU Store set might be cool, but it looks like the store's name plate is a sticker :(

I don't think there was anything wrong with last year's Bricktober sets. I think there's just too many made.

The mini modular 10230 is like $200+ now, so there's definitely some want for the mini modular styles.

I don't think there was anything wrong with last year's Bricktober sets. I think there's just too many made.

The mini modular 10230 is like $200+ now, so there's definitely some want for the mini modular styles.
The problem was that they were sold for $20 when you could just Bricklink them for about $10.

I have only seen people on other boards and news sites say to contact customer service and they will send you the parts for the head fix
Let us know if you contact CS. I have my Wall-E on a shelf, so he's not moving, but the head sucks. The kids wanted to play with him, but I Was like BE CAREFUL. - Lord Business

Got a starblaster showdown set for $5.38 at target!
Nice find! The Targets around here never go below 30%. They are always bought up by people at the price.

In general, I am having a very hard time finding LEGO below 20-30%, whereas three or four years ago I could consistently find it at +50% prices. Rather disappointing.

Things around here get to 50% off, but that's pretty much it. If you're not there on the Thursday they drop, you pretty much lose your chance.

So glad I found this thread! First time poster to the Lego Deals thread! Anyway, found 2 Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor 70701 for $4.98 each at TRU this afternoon. Super happy about it :)

So glad I found this thread! First time poster to the Lego Deals thread! Anyway, found 2 Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor 70701 for $4.98 each at TRU this afternoon. Super happy about it :)
Welcome and nice find. I love that set. I have three of them. Got mine a few months back for a buck or two more.

I spent the weekend sorting through my huge bag of parts I got from a Goodwill haul and took the opportunity to throw together some bleacher style stands, using the minifigure stands themselves, for series 14 figures.
The bleachers themselves have candles, pumpkins and Halloween flair.
I made a few alterations to the figures as well. The witches cat is standing on a black 1x2 plate so she will stay in place. I gave squarefoot's camera a lens and I gave the trick r treater a flashlight and chocolate bar.

0257806A-5A17-421D-BCCF-E3DA5489762E_zpsp4pxakr2.jpg
[/URL

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/JobsEye/media/58E1201E-99B9-40C2-A82B-FFACC5371CC4_zps51ydljvi.jpg.html]
58E1201E-99B9-40C2-A82B-FFACC5371CC4_zps51ydljvi.jpg
[/URL

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/JobsEye/media/3D33290A-4E14-4A10-A784-7BCC94477ABE_zpsamfjouuj.jpg.html]
3D33290A-4E14-4A10-A784-7BCC94477ABE_zpsamfjouuj.jpg
Nice work on this! I love it!

I really wish I ordered those new minifigure cases when they were $20. Amazon raised the price to like $40, and TRU has been sold out.

The winter set is available for VIP members right now too, but remember there's double VIP in two weeks.

not sure if this is transferable or not but here is a free shipping coupon i got from lego.com QCUMPLNM6K , it expires tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI. I contacted LEGO about Wall-E and they do have a fix.  

Your LEGO® pieces are on their way and will be there in the next 7-10 working days. If your parts haven’t arrived in this time, check LEGO.com/service for updates.

These are the LEGO parts we’ve packed for you:

How many?

Part number

Technical name

BRICK 1X4 FRIC/STUB/FORK VERT.

BRICK 1X2 W/STUB VERTICAL END

Lego Wall-E is now available at Lego Stores. No idea if it comes with the fixed head or if you need to contact Lego for replacement parts.

Lego has also revealed some additional small winter themed sets (pics are from toysnbricks.com)

Creator Seasonal LEGO 40124 Winter Fun & 40125 Santa’s Visit

LEGO-Creator-Seasonal-40124-Winter-Fun-and-40125-Seasonal-Santas-Visit-Sets-Pre-300x225.jpg

Promo sets:

LEGO-Creator-Exclusive-Holiday-Train-2015-Christmas-Holiday-Limited-Edition-Set-1024x513.jpg

40139-LEGO-Gingerbread-House-Set-Winter-2015-November-Promotion-1024x331.jpg

The LEGO store in San Diego runs out of promo sets a lot more quickly than online. As in, if you're not the day it starts, you probably won't get it.

The Gingerbread House is likely to be extremely popular, cause it's cool as hell. I wouldn't wait at all.

Posted this over in the Lego Dimensions thread, here's a look at the Simpsons Dimensions set.

Strange Walmart doesn't have the Simpsons pack listed on their website, since this happened on Monday...

SOzi4bH.jpg

Here's a look at the back, the vehicles make 3 different...things...

KmUlUBt.jpg

That's a helluva deal since Jurassic Park sets go for hundreds on ebay.  Amazing your Targets still had them after 15 years.   ;)

FYI, the TRU Bricktober promo started this week. You get the micro-build "Hotel" with a $75 purchase (before tax). I used a 15% off coupon that brought my total below the $75 threshold, but still qualified.

LEGO-Bricktober-2015-Sets-Collection.jpg

bread's done
Back