LEGO Deals 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool.  Love the bank.  I'm behind one, still need the detective office.  Nice open sign.

Ooh, coins.  Is that the first time they've done anything smaller than the $100 bill piece?

Cool. Love the bank. I'm behind one, still need the detective office. Nice open sign.

Ooh, coins. Is that the first time they've done anything smaller than the $100 bill piece?
Nah, the coins have been around for decades. Mainly in pirates sets. Those appear to be the same ones that were in several Pirates of the Caribbean sets.

No one is going to mention the first Nintendo Lego set?

31044-1.jpg

I'd say it'd be $15. It looks more like Rainforest Animals (31031) ($15) and less like Forest Animals (31019) ($20).

Looking through them more there's a few surprising sets. A pair with major characters cheap: a polybag with Olaf, Iron Man and Loki in a small Juniors and what looks to be a $13 Batman & Superman set. Then there's a three sets with dogs and cats (Princess Pets) but no minidolls. A bunch of Mixels which clearly involved too much nitrous oxide (it's a dentist joke...). And the best has to be the 6 sets dedicated to Friends' animal's birthdays. Seriously? LEGO confuses me.

LEGO steals my money. I want the bank and laundry modular, the Bat and Super, Captain America under the sea (I don't want to want it, but I do), corner deli, Duck Hunt ( :whistle2: just saw your comment Green Giant)  too many Mixels and the Ninjago (?) pirate with a plane. And that's just to start.

Holy crap. Lego is releasing a Technic bucket wheel excavator? That thing could be huge.

I'll definitely be getting the Mustang GT and F150 Raptor. Just wish they were larger scale (like the Mini Cooper and VW van).

Holiday Train promo is up on the Lego site (with $99 purchase). You can stack with double VIP points for the next day or so.

I grabbed the new Toy Shop and an Advent Calendar.

Holiday Train promo is up on the Lego site (with $99 purchase). You can stack with double VIP points for the next day or so.

Thanks for reminding me. It completely slipped my mind, even though I was at a Lego store just yesterday talking to an employee about double VIP and the train.

That's exactly what I did, thanks!

Does anyone still have the 2016 pictures up? Looks like I missed it.

You didn't miss much, Friends is Party theme and Mixels are neat. LEGO lawyers were all over and no one I know has them up. I might have taken some really crappy screen shots if you want me to send them to you somehow.

Picked up the joker steamroller, riddler chase and some small sets to make $99.  Was debating the tumbler but looks kinda bland to me what do you guys think about the tumbler?  I wish they would have added more minifigs and printed on base not a sticker...

You didn't miss much, Friends is Party theme and Mixels are neat. LEGO lawyers were all over and no one I know has them up. I might have taken some really crappy screen shots if you want me to send them to you somehow.
That's ok, thanks for the offer though! I did manage to find some of the SW pictures, but I'll just wait for the official pictures of the rest to come through.

Picked up the joker steamroller, riddler chase and some small sets to make $99. Was debating the tumbler but looks kinda bland to me what do you guys think about the tumbler? I wish they would have added more minifigs and printed on base not a sticker...
Picked up the Tumbler this weekend and just finished the build last night. It's a great, fun build. Set looks amazing and it's a pretty hefty model. Really nice detailing on the interior/exterior. The only issues I have are the two sets of spoilers towards the back of the car are a bit flimsy with only one connection point so it can come off easily with heavy play. I do wish they'd at least included another minifig, perhaps Alfred or Catwoman. Looks-wise though, it's probably one of my favorite sets.

Thanks, picked up the Parisian since Modulars is pretty much all we collect these days. Like many, we have everything but the first 3 but have gotten behind. Was able to use 50 VIP bucks which was nice though it's always a bit frustrating when that also knocks down the points you get from the purchase.

thebrickfan is reporting that double vip has been extended through the end of the month
Interesting. I wonder if sales are lower than expected.

Toysnbricks still has some of the pics up.

http://toysnbricks.com/2016-lego-technic-creator-seasonal-sets/

http://toysnbricks.com/2016-set-images-for-lego-speed-champions-nexo-knights-ninjago-and-mixels/

http://toysnbricks.com/2016-lego-city-friends-and-juniors-set-images/

I just got an email from Lego confirming that double VIP points are extended through Oct 31st.
Well that's good, because their site is now "experiencing technical difficulties". I did not get that email, despite being a VIP.

You gotta love it. At the top of the page: "Oops! We are experiencing technical difficulties and are currently unable to enable payment using VIP Points. If you would like to place your order using VIP Points, please call our friendly consumer service experts on the number shown at the bottom of this page."

At the bottom of the page: "Please note that we are also unable to accept phone orders at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience."

:wall: :whee:

I find it amazing that they can tell me how much in VIP rewards that I have, but it can't be applied to the purchase. How hard is this?

It amazes me that in the last several years when LEGO got bigger and bigger they still haven't figured out how to make their website work.

It amazes me that in the last several years when LEGO got bigger and bigger they still haven't figured out how to make their website work.
I chalk it up to their country of origin. On one hand, it's probably kept their core product at a higher value. On the other, their inability to keep other parts of their business in house (lifestyle, themeparks, etc.) and also do a shitty job QA'ing what their partners make has led to pretty consistently shitty things outside the toys themselves.

I chalk it up to their country of origin. On one hand, it's probably kept their core product at a higher value. On the other, their inability to keep other parts of their business in house (lifestyle, themeparks, etc.) and also do a shitty job QA'ing what their partners make has led to pretty consistently shitty things outside the toys themselves.
What I don't understand is they outsourced their website to a third party many years ago and from day one that company has been complete garbage and LEGO still hasn't done anything to fix it.

And look at al the recalls this year, there have been several sets that had to be redone after they came out because of poor design issues. It took forever for Wall-e to be made and it's still crap.

Well Lego messed up my order. They sent the Star Wars Advent Calendar instead of the City one. Should I push for an exchange or just keep the "upgrade"? I don't have a physical location by me, so I'm assuming I'd need to ship back the Star Wars one.

ETA: And the Winter Toy Shop box is damaged. d'oh

$25 off $100 toy purchase coupon in the Target flyer this week...EXCLUDES LEGOS!!!

Somebody test it.

Neat, how much were they? I think they are supposed to be released with some game.

Also the Wall-e set is being recalled.... again. It's rather pathetic.

I hope it was official Lego string! :D
I'm going to fix mine using MegaBloks :lol: That would really tear up the purists.

Seriously though, I haven't opened mine yet. I have one on order for February so I might just sell this copy during Christmas to try to cash in on the "rarity".

So is this for real because it really seems waaaaay to good be true:

Lego Ghostbusters Firehouse Leaked Details

Rumors are saying 350 bucks with 3500 pieces. If true here are some preliminary fun facts:

1. It's the 2nd biggest building ever behind the Taj Mahal. It would be the 5th largest lego ever released.

2. It has a foot print and size similar to other modulars.

3. It would have 300 more pieces than the similarly priced Helicarrier

I had to emotionally shut down because my first response was that this was a silly hoax and I didn't wan't my heart broken but most of the reports are saying these are straight from the TRU website. That said, I took the "facts" from the report and had a couple of questions on the rest of the points that were still mostly rumor. Namely, 3500 seems WAY too high for the described size. The majority of the extra 500 pieces over the Town Hall would have to come in the form of insanely detailed interiors (tile floors, mini build appliances, etc.) and Lego has never indicated that they would get that ocd even on their collector's items. If this is actually happening I think it could be around the 3200 mark like the Helicarrier and still ask for $350 knowing that people have been waiting forever for a build like this.

The majority of the extra 500 pieces over the Town Hall would have to come in the form of insanely detailed interiors (tile floors, mini build appliances, etc.)
Well a Ghostbusters Firehouse on it's own sounds pretty dull. However, add in a 500 piece Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and you have a set worth owning.

Well a Ghostbusters Firehouse on it's own sounds pretty dull. However, add in a 500 piece Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and you have a set worth owning.
I agree, I believe the rumor... I just can't picture it being that big. However if there are secondary little displays the piece count could get much higher.

We shall see as the set is clearly real. But yet another Ideas that LEGO stole. ;)

I just picked up a 75052 Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina that I would be willing to trade before selling. Looking for Lego Marvel sets. My kids aren't into star wars enough yet :(

I just picked up a 75052 Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina that I would be willing to trade before selling. Looking for Lego Marvel sets. My kids aren't into star wars enough yet :(
What Marvel sets are you interested in? I've tried ordering the cantina from JET.com but it's OOS apparently. Junk website

Is the Mos Eisley Cantina out of production or something? Plenty of stores around me still have 'em.

bread's done
Back