LEGO Deals 3

Will they price match this? Is there a way to get this price to show on target.com?
Not sure about how to get these prices to show on the website (mobile or otherwise), but I can get them to appear on the target app.

I have screen grabs on my phone of the target app showing these prices. Set your favorite store to a store that has those prices, then select the item and choose store pick up. It will show the 70% off price. For example, Pasadena store (91101) has all four at the 70% off, set favorite store to that one then search the app for lego Scooby. Select one of the sets and choose to add to cart for store pickup. Here are some screen caps I took yesterday

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/karkyco/games/7EFBE291-8E42-4187-BE7B-97C35B7A69DA_zpsbgdm5v7e.png

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/karkyco/games/EC86C4F4-02E6-46DE-A066-3B5E8DEC0B08_zpsmr7x2p8o.png

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/karkyco/games/ED6C0227-1C29-4820-A48F-594CED7779F7_zpstkrq6twh.png

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/karkyco/games/CA31740D-85F9-466B-B134-CAF3B138DE15_zpsajd7tbsm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you get that price to show up? I've tried the desktop and mobile app and they both still show the regular price.
Are you trying the mobile site or the actual target app? I cannot get the clearance prices to show with either the mobile site or the regular website, but can get them to show with the target mobile app easily.

To do so with the mobile app, set your store to a store that has the lower price (you can do so when you select the profile icon and select "my store"). Once that is done, search for lego Scooby in the search bar at the top of the app. Select the mystery machine or whichever set of the four. Then choose the middle button - "add to cart - pick up". A new box shop pop up allowing you to pick stores starting with your favorite store which is the default. As long as the price is lower at that store it will show that lower price regardless of the store you choose. That includes when you change the zip to a different state. I set pasadena as my store because all 4 sets are showing 70% off there, then select a Scooby lego set (make sure you are searching target.com on the app not the favorite store), then choose "add to cart - store pickup". At the bottom of the new dialog enter your zip code. The list of stores will repopulate but the price shown will be the low price still. I don't think you will actually be able to order them at that price unless you ship them to a store that has them in their system at that price, but you might be able to use it for pricematch.

Yeah, I'm using the app, but it doesn't show the price. Ah well, thanks anyway.
I have the latest version of target app, I'm signed in to my target account on it, and have pasadena 91101 set as my store (NOT easy a Pasadena store). Price on items will not change until you add item for store pickup at which point the window pops up with pasadena default and the window shows the lower process seen in my screen caps above. Hope it helps.

A new box shop pop up allowing you to pick stores starting with your favorite store which is the default. As long as the price is lower at that store it will show that lower price regardless of the store you choose.
Can you get a PM using this though? Mine shows the price, but doesn't show a picture of the item like in your screenshots, but even if it did, I don't think I could get a PM from it.

Can you get a PM using this though? Mine shows the price, but doesn't show a picture of the item like in your screenshots, but even if it did, I don't think I could get a PM from it.
I couldn't tell you one way or the other, as I am able to get these prices via ship to store as well as numerous stores that still have them in stock at the 70% off pricing.

Struck out at mine. Used the app, set to pasadena, and showed the lady at customer service that when i clicked sotre pickup the price changed. She glibly said "then proceed to order it for store pick up, bring it to the counter and we'll check you out." I tried to argue that it was a different store and she wasn't having any of it.

I feel bad for whoever does end up buying the big scooby set there as when i went to check it out, it was clearly retapped with scotch tape and almost came open when i picked up the box.

Found a 50% off Darkseid set (204-00-1434)   at Target tonight...must have been a gift return as there are two spots where you can see gift wrap tape that tore the box art.

They also put out series 15 minifigs.  Felt up one shark suit guy and one queen.  Forgot to grab a fawn :wall:

204-00-1379---Don't know if this is a generic minifig DPCI or just for 15.

I have the latest version of target app, I'm signed in to my target account on it, and have pasadena 91101 set as my store (NOT easy a Pasadena store). Price on items will not change until you add item for store pickup at which point the window pops up with pasadena default and the window shows the lower process seen in my screen caps above. Hope it helps.
This isn't working for me. It also isn't working for the Darkseid set I just bought at my store...shows full price.

This isn't working for me. It also isn't working for the Darkseid set I just bought at my store...shows full price.
Hmmmm, still working for me via the app. Not sure what is up with that. I believe a the Darkseid Invasion set is half off at most stores now, maybe still 30% at some. But I just searched for it on the app (204-00-1434), it shows up at $59.99, but when I choose that middle button "add to cart- store pickup", the dialog pops up and it shows the half off in store price, $34.98. Here are the screen captures. And, if I scroll down and change the zip code, that lower price will stay there.

[attachment=19635:image.jpg][attachment=19637:image.jpg][attachment=19638:image.jpg][attachment=19639:image.jpg][attachment=19641:image.jpg]

Changed the location by scrolling down in that pop up window to 10128 (NYC), and it still shows the low price:

[attachment=19642:image.jpg][attachment=19643:image.jpg]

Hmmmm, still working for me via the app. Not sure what is up with that. I believe a the Darkseid Invasion set is half off at most stores now, maybe still 30% at some. But I just searched for it on the app (204-00-1434), it shows up at $59.99, but when I choose that middle button "add to cart- store pickup", the dialog pops up and it shows the half off in store price, $34.98. Here are the screen captures. And, if I scroll down and change the zip code, that lower price will stay there.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Changed the location by scrolling down in that pop up window to 10128 (NYC), and it still shows the low price:

image.jpg image.jpg
Thanks! This worked for me. Going to try to pricematch some of those Scooby sets today!

So flipping through AWD this morning I came across a Batman vs Mr Freeze (76000) for $11.05. I bought it, of course. I'm curious to what condition it will be in and were the hell it came from. (If they end up shipping it at all.)

Always appreciate karyko attempting to help with the clearance info but just a reminder that none of us have ever found the same clearance deals he has. I've said it time and again but these clearance deals he finds are due to the large metropolitan area he lives in and the sheer amount of Target stores in that area. Factor in the large population in So Cal and these stores just obviously move product at a faster pace than those of us in smaller areas.

As far as the app, even when changing the zip code to the ones you guys suggest, it's still showing full price. Looks like they may have fixed things. Getting one Target store to match another is going to be hit and miss. You're more likely to get Walmart or TRU to pm if you can still pull it up on your phone.

Always appreciate karyko attempting to help with the clearance info but just a reminder that none of us have ever found the same clearance deals he has. I've said it time and again but these clearance deals he finds are due to the large metropolitan area he lives in and the sheer amount of Target stores in that area. Factor in the large population in So Cal and these stores just obviously move product at a faster pace than those of us in smaller areas.

As far as the app, even when changing the zip code to the ones you guys suggest, it's still showing full price. Looks like they may have fixed things. Getting one Target store to match another is going to be hit and miss. You're more likely to get Walmart or TRU to pm if you can still pull it up on your phone.
Are you using ios or android?

It's true his SoCal finds are pretty amazing. I've even checked around NYC, which by all rights should be very similar, but haven't found anything close to what he finds. Definitely keep posting them though!

Not sure why SoCal has been so different on this particular line, as I know the line particularly the Mystery Machine was selling like hot cakes when it first came out. Could very well be that my local stores overstocked it and the entire line as a result of that high early demand, and have subsequently put the excess on clearance. I know the mansion went directly to 70% off at a pair of stores very early on, but is now full price or higher at all remaining locations near me.

I am on iOS though I am still able to see the lower prices in the app. It only seems to work on sets that appear to be available both online and in stores.

They also put out series 15 minifigs. Felt up one shark suit guy and one queen. Forgot to grab a fawn :wall:

204-00-1379---Don't know if this is a generic minifig DPCI or just for 15.
Looks like they don't have the new DPCI set up. This is coming up for me as Series 14.

Are you using ios or android?

It's true his SoCal finds are pretty amazing. I've even checked around NYC, which by all rights should be very similar, but haven't found anything close to what he finds. Definitely keep posting them though!
Im using iOS.
Having friends, family and traveling a lot to so cal I know you can throw a rock and hit a target.
Never been to nyc, have collector friends who live in the area and I assumed that because it's so densely populated, as opposed to so cal where there's room for everything to be spread out, you guys probably have a good amount of Targets or other chains but not as many as so cal

Looks like they don't have the new DPCI set up. This is coming up for me as Series 14.
Are you talking about in store? Because I ran the number through BrickSeek and fyndly and it comes up

tried a couple target stores in columbus ohio in hopes for the scooby doo sets. no luck at the 2 stores i went to unfortunately. really wanted the mystery machine and the plane set.

Not sure why SoCal has been so different on this particular line, as I know the line particularly the Mystery Machine was selling like hot cakes when it first came out. Could very well be that my local stores overstocked it and the entire line as a result of that high early demand, and have subsequently put the excess on clearance. I know the mansion went directly to 70% off at a pair of stores very early on, but is now full price or higher at all remaining locations near me.

I am on iOS though I am still able to see the lower prices in the app. It only seems to work on sets that appear to be available both online and in stores.
Just Orange County area. I don't get any of those deals down in SD.

Just Orange County area. I don't get any of those deals down in SD.
Sorry. I think I've looked as far south as Oceanside, Encinitas, San Clemente and Vista and seen the similar lowest prices there on occasion, when checking south OC. It definitely doesn't work on "sold out" online sets, and probably not on in store only sets because the middle button for store selection is greyed out this unable to launch the store list popup which shows local store prices.

Funny enough, I just searched brickseek 92081 zip which is Oceanside/Vista I guess, and it returns a "store" in west Africa:

[attachment=19660:image.jpg]

I tried pricematching the Mystery Machine at two different stores and it was a no go. Disappointing, but I don't think I really fully expected that I would get away with it anyways. 

At this point we all know that Target does a roaming wave clearance. Karc if anything is giving us the heads up on things that appear to go on clearance in Cali because of what was previously mentioned.

I checked out another local target because of the new minifigs but as previously mentioned the dcpi is the same across the sets, so the 500+ they had on hand were from the monster set. 

Otherwise I dont know which one of you sneaking little SOBs lives in my area, but the Target I was at today had zero of the sets listed on brickseek that were known to be on clearance. So I wandered around the store abit until low and behold a clearance lego treasure trove. Thats right, someone (one of you jerks im sure) is hiding sets around the store. None of the ones I found were marked as clearance evne though this was the second round for the one set i was after, and it was only the sets marked on clearance. I guess in the end it'll work out for whoever you are, because those sets hadn't been moved in a while.

Otherwise I dont know which one of you sneaking little SOBs lives in my area, but the Target I was at today had zero of the sets listed on brickseek that were known to be on clearance. So I wandered around the store abit until low and behold a clearance lego treasure trove. Thats right, someone (one of you jerks im sure) is hiding sets around the store. None of the ones I found were marked as clearance evne though this was the second round for the one set i was after, and it was only the sets marked on clearance. I guess in the end it'll work out for whoever you are, because those sets hadn't been moved in a while.
You're supposed to buy up their stash or return them to the shelves and leave little, snarky notes in their place.

Right, but until they get a new DCPI set up, Series 14 and 15 both use the same one.
Still not sure if you're talking about in store or BrickSeek
Whatever the case people finding them in store have reported the aforementioned DPCI on their receipts

Nevermind - I see Pigs post now

At this point we all know that Target does a roaming wave clearance. Karc if anything is giving us the heads up on things that appear to go on clearance in Cali because of what was previously mentioned.

I checked out another local target because of the new minifigs but as previously mentioned the dcpi is the same across the sets, so the 500+ they had on hand were from the monster set.

Don't make me drive out that way, Karc and demonchylde have that area covered though.

What is the actual release date of series 15 minifigs? I hadn't looked at them til now, but I really want the Super Bowl Shark, pig, and skunk (I'm sure I'll get a whole set).

Street date is Feb 1 but I just came from target and there was a picked through case. Scanned them at the register to confirm the DPCI. Oddly enough near the front registers there were also a few series 13 to be found. I guess I should've scanned those to see if they were marked for clearance.
Also near the registers I found the sports car poly, 30349. DPCI is 204-00-1710 if anyone is interested. Rings up for $3.99

Don't make me drive out that way, Karc and demonchylde have that area covered though.
What bugged the hell out of me this time was the Pasadena store, literally a couple blocks from my office, had been teasing me relentlessly since this clearance cycle began just prior to Christmas, with large quantities of clearance toys I am interested in showing on brickseek and fyndly, nowhere to be found. For weeks. 8 Lego AntMan, NOPE they were shrunk down to subatomic size via Pym particles. Shopkins mystery boxes x4 for the daughters and nieces, NOPE still a mystery because they are MIA. And a bunch more stuffs like lego pirates and lego Star Wars sets and other assorted goodies, showed in stock with 5, 6, 9+ counts.

Well, they showed up and stayed constant on their counts, until this latest week's update when all those items magically went to zero inventory counts, all the while corresponding with price drops to 50-70% off. Ghost inventory finally get cleared up and out of the system? Or was there an additional pallet + worth of clearance loot held back by some employee(s)? The world (me) will never know.

P. S., forgot to mention, most if not all of the clearance toys should be at 50 or 70% off now.

I wonder if they just salvaged the items or sent them elsewhere, Target clearance has been getting crappier. I picked up the whole pirates line at 30% because I figured that was the best it was going to get around here. Stuff hasn't been lasting at all pass the first markdowns, kind of sucks but I guess saving money is ok.

Lego ant man disappeared from all stores from on day to the next .. I saw sold out on Lego.com .. Is this set now officially discontinued ?
Not sure, but with the new Marvel particularly the Civil War sets I hope not. a lot of the (seemingly uniformly) clearanced sets this round, particularly the popular ones, simply disappeared almost immediately when they first went to clearance and even seemingly before. Or that could just seem that way what with all the inventory moving just prior to XMas.

Btw speaking of another such set, the Creator Bike Shop 204-00-0102 dropped to $44.98 - below the Black Friday $55 price (but still not as good as last year's spring and summer clearance of it at a few stores of $26.98). I'll post a couple more updates sometime later this coming week once I have them in hand.

I picked up the ant man set during Christmas for 50% off. Sorry I didn't post about it, but I was away.

There is a passenger train for $96 on AWD. I know some people have had issues with them but I got a Friends Hair Salon for $18.30 a few days ago that has about one big crease in the box and is otherwise fine. TRU has worse looking boxes.

http://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Trains-High-speed-Passenger-Building/dp/B00J4S6PGC/ref=sr_1_53?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1452976700&sr=1-53&keywords=lego

Condition: Used: Good

Comment: Cosmetic damage (Less than 5% ) on the sides of the item. Crack or dent (Less than 5% ) on the sides of the item. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.
Sad, sad people who fall for Craiglist BS...

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/tag/5405353081.html

And I missed out on a half off Mini Copper!
http://westernmass.craigslist.org/tag/5361540746.html

Need some help guys. Found these stray pieces on the floor near one of my display shelves and can't figure out what they go to for the life of me

Found the SW Rebels Ghost at Target tonight for $45--204-00-0062.  The only Lego clearance I've gotten this month are some weird random sets showing up out of the blue.

And, yes, I know half of you guys got these last year with the Waimart snafu but my store pulled them so I have to live with 50% off.

Helped my daughter put together the Pop Star Tour Bus today.  Not a bad little build for the Friends line.   Too many stickers for my taste but the technic style chassis is fantastic, the color scheme... solid and the extending rear end is great.   The only real downside to the build is there is no steering/maneuvering.  All the wheels are locked in forward position.  

Despite that, it's a solid little addition to the collection. Recommended. 

*questionable theme and poor role model material for the Friends line though.

bread's done
Back