LEGO Deals 3

I know it's not useful but I got a lego ninjago temple of airjitzu as an S&D at the lego store for my son's b-day (he also traded in a couple of small sets he got to get the price down). Gotta say as a family that doesn't collect any Ninjago the set has the feel of the excellent Haunted House from Monster Hunters, essentially a deluxe build of something that would otherwise likely never get that kind of treatment. It's obviously not as spacious or consistent as the Haunted House was but the detail in the rooms and exterior make the most of the 2000+ pieces.

Incidentally for those who can easily get to the Lego store at Discover Mills in Georgia, they also had Ferris Wheel, Technic Crane, Palace Cinema, and a few other large sets available as a S&D.

They don't discount the premium sets anymore either, i miss those 20% discounts.
You are correct. $150 dollar sets gets 250 bonus points ($12.50) and $200+ sets get 500 bonus ($25). Incidentally, you can stack a season pass discount and "inconvenience" discount (for not supporting the VIP program) at the Lego gift store attached to the Lego Discovery Center at Phipps Plaza in Georgia. That's about 14% off the top discount for all the high end sets not sold anywhere. There's pretty serious YMMV though because the staff generally struggles to do any discount stacking.

Everything big has pretty much been isolated in a way that it's near impossible to find them for a great price anymore though to be fair those sets generally have a much higher appreciation rate than any others.

On a more legit discount topic I wanted to mentioned that there's a few Chima sets at the Discover Mills lego store that were 50% off including the Fire Temple, the newer Fire Tank, and a few others. They also have the chess set at Pirate Chess set at $50 but I'm hoping to go back in a month and see it at half that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell you guys all about my current "premium" set scores in a couple of days (waiting for them to arrive for store pickup), though I agree with you that everything "big" has pretty much been isolated, more or less.  Still a few things trickling through, however...not always the best sets and certainly not an entire line, however beggars like me can't be choosers.

I ended up biting on King Crominus’ Rescue from S@H for about 50% off, and it sold out later in the day. They still have Hurricane Heist for $41.99, but I can't bring myself to get that set. The play features are cool, but I just don't like the way it looks in either mech mode or flying mode. :p

We got a Deadpool minifigure years ago, if the movie does well we may get him again but I doubt any movie related sets. Also would probably get some kind of alternate costume if anything

I have that set. I doubt there will be a new one, cause we would have them by now. The Ant Man set came out well before the movie. Also, Deadpool is aimed at adults.

ToO retired, which was nice. The Maersk EEE ship retired and along with other big sets.

I also found that the Black Manta v Batman Deep Strike sets were 50% off at Target...

Found a rather old Lego Minecraft MicroWorld set today at Target (The First Night set) and it kept ringing up "Item Not Found" Part of me was rejoicing as that meant it was clearanced and should be a good price. Low and behold, customer service found the price for it.....$73.99....

Needless to say I passed.

Also found a Joker riding a Bumper car polybag at Target today. Is that a new one or did I miss that from ages ago?

Also found a Joker riding a Bumper car polybag at Target today. Is that a new one or did I miss that from ages ago?

Old. It showed up last summer at TRU and last fall at Target.

My target never has LEGO's on clearance... are you guys not in a major US city?

When I'm in western Mass I find next to nothing on clearance, besides at one-two Walmarts I sometimes get lucky at. (Sadly not that type of lucky. ;) ).

In Rochester NY the Targets had stuff, but you needed to go right away Thursday morning before the Pittsford bitches got there. But the Walmart there was amazing with clearance, just tons in the summer. I wish I was rich.

I have that set. I doubt there will be a new one, cause we would have them by now. The Ant Man set came out well before the movie. Also, Deadpool is aimed at adults.
I don't know that it's a matter that we would have them by now. Deadpool is mainly for adults and it's not like he's Batman, Superman, Ironman, Captain America, in that he's AAA and can be offered in a multitude of alternate costumes. Doesn't he only have grey as his alternate costume?

Ant-man came out on Jun 1 and the movie was release on Jul 17. They were going to release sooner but there was an issue with the pieces or instructions that delayed it. Also there was speculation that they were trying to keep the Pym Ant-man minifigure close to the vest until closer to the movies release.

It came out at TRU last summer and then hit Target early winter.

My target never has LEGO's on clearance... are you guys not in a major US city?
It's not you. Target clearance is hit and miss. Years ago you could sit and wait for things to hit 70% and they eventually would. These days everything is scooped up immediately at 15% or 30% off. Not only do you have to deal with collectors but you have competition from resellers and soccer moms. Not only do these people know how popular Lego is but also they know the aftermarket values too. It sucks, I used to find a lot of great clearance but now it's like striking gold.

That joker bumper car polybag is one of my favorites it's so awesome especially if you have parts to change out the color scenes and add it to jokers fun house with other characters

Another YMMV oddity that I believe was previously reported at a higher price point, but check Lego Mindstorms EV3.

MSRP/regular price $349.99, however some odd Targets have had it in stock for some reason and it went through the most recent clearance cycle.  I saw it priced at 30% off ($250-ish) and 50% off ($174.98)  at a few various stores while I believe some other markets had it already at 70% off.  Finally hit 70% off locally, $104.98.  204-00-0655

Another YMMV oddity that I believe was previously reported at a higher price point, but check Lego Mindstorms EV3.

MSRP/regular price $349.99, however some odd Targets have had it in stock for some reason and it went through the most recent clearance cycle. I saw it priced at 30% off ($250-ish) and 50% off ($174.98) at a few various stores while I believe some other markets had it already at 70% off. Finally hit 70% off locally, $104.98. 204-00-0655
I've never seen that stocked in a Target in Georgia. I used the B&N coupon + discount to get 28% off a year ago, which incidentally works for all Lego even though the coupon specifically says it doesn't.

Should I just give up all hope of ever finding a TDK Tumbler at retail price since it retired a few weeks ago? The only place I'm thinking I could luck with is a Barnes and Noble if they even carried it in stores...but I can't seem to check inventory on their site for Lego stuff...

Also, to add to the deals, my local TRU has the 2014 Bricktober sets for $10; 50% off clearance (the more recent set of 4 were $20 each; they seemed to have a ton of all 8 sets). There's also a beat up box of the City Spaceport (60080) for half off at $60...been thinking about that one. Also saw a Star Wars Imperial Assault Carrier (75106) in a beat up box for $75.

I found a Creator Blue Power Jet (31039) at my local Walmart for $49 clearance...saw 3 more at another store for the same price; damn good set in my opinion. Built the jet and dismantled it...gonna do the boat next.

Might watch the Bricktober to see of they drop to $5...might make a good investment at that price, and gonna see if those other jets drop further; I'd pick another 1 or 2 up at $30 or less for the spare pieces alone.

I'm going to confirm that Toys R Us's 2014 Bricktober sets are ringing up $10 each. The one in Smithtown, LI by Smithhaven Mall only has 1 of the 2014 sets left (the theatre.)

Should I just give up all hope of ever finding a TDK Tumbler at retail price since it retired a few weeks ago? The only place I'm thinking I could luck with is a Barnes and Noble if they even carried it in stores...but I can't seem to check inventory on their site for Lego stuff...
It was just backordered on Amazon for $199. When I added it to my cart, it disappeared. Keep an eye out if you want it. It said it would ship on the 25th.

It was just backordered on Amazon for $199. When I added it to my cart, it disappeared. Keep an eye out if you want it. It said it would ship on the 25th.
You jumped on one of those after it went oos? I thought about picking up a second one, the one I got from Target was sweet.

I've exhausted every store locally except for Learning Express Toys, which I don't believe would carry a HTF Lego set like the Tumbler...I'll keep checking Amazon, but there's also a MIB being sold on eBay..it's at $202 + $20 shipping with 2 days left...not looking good. I think the most I could do is $250 after shipping. I'm trying to get one to build and display, not resell later; just recently got a bit Lego-obsessed, and most of the good sets in circulation are sold out right now due to the holidays...

I've exhausted every store locally except for Learning Express Toys, which I don't believe would carry a HTF Lego set like the Tumbler...I'll keep checking Amazon, but there's also a MIB being sold on eBay..it's at $202 + $20 shipping with 2 days left...not looking good. I think the most I could do is $250 after shipping. I'm trying to get one to build and display, not resell later; just recently got a bit Lego-obsessed, and most of the good sets in circulation are sold out right now due to the holidays...
How about $255? Someone on SD mentioned this site, but be careful

https://www.bambuzo.com/us/lego-superheroes-the-tumbler.html

You can also try calling Lego stores to see if they still have one in stock. I did that for the Fire Brigade when it was retiring and got one shipped from Georgia.

This won't last and I would have preferred to have interested CAGs PM me for this info rather than put it out for lurkers, but if you are interested in the Tumbler at MSRP plus possible sales tax

Call Lego Customer Service directly, they just told me they have a few available for ordering over the phone. Doubt this will last though

I got one of these a while ago and I built it and it isn't bad. Totally feels and works exactly like Lego, just happens to be a knock off. I can't really comment on how it stacks up against the Lego Tumbler, but as far as Batmobile building sets go, it's pretty awesome. I did eventually have problems with a couple of pieces breaking, but I was easily able to swap in some regular Lego elements I had to make up for it.

Keep an eye on it on Amazon or eBay, I got mine for $15 shipped.

This won't last and I would have preferred to have interested CAGs PM me for this info rather than put it out for lurkers, but if you are interested in the Tumbler at MSRP plus possible sales tax
Call Lego Customer Service directly, they just told me they have a few available for ordering over the phone. Doubt this will last though
Thank you very much! I was able to get one ordered at MSRP,easy as could be; the folks over the phone are super nice.

This is my first big LEGO purchase pretty much ever...now to try to save money for the Creator Palace Cinema and Architechture Studio. I'd love to add a Slave 1 and Avengers Hellicarrier into the mix, too, but between my wedding in mid March, Masterpiece Transformers figures (3rd party via Fans Toys and official Takara releases), a few video games here and there, and the possibility of trying to get a house this summer, I don't see my income supporting the extra friviolity. Maybe I'll ask for the less expensive ones as gifts throughout the year...

Anyways...I've rambled on too long about nonsense. Just wanted to say thanks again. My wallet isn't pleased with it, but I'm incredibly grateful to have been able to get one.

bread's done
Back