LEGO Deals 3

My local walmart was pretty crappy. They had the four seasons set at $49, some of the small sets at $10, and a couple others I can't remember.

I'll see if I can hit up a couple others. If anyone has an extra quinjet, let me know :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I mentioned a page or two back that the Educator Discount at Barnes and Noble works on LEGO, but after trying yesterday, it appears that is NOT the case. Tried to purchase two Architecture sets in-store, and it didn't work. I also tried the same sets on the website, as well as the UCS Slave 1, and they didn't work either. What's strange is my fiancée says she used that discount to buy me the first two HC volumes of The Walking Dead graphic novel in December, but I tried one of those as well and it didn't work this time. I even tried a children's book and no luck...only thing I tried that registered the discount was a book on 5th grade common core standards (this was all on the website). Maybe it's only valid on stuff like that during Educator Appreciation Days (where the 25% off also includes 'personal purchases') and maybe the holiday shopping season? It seems strange, because the fine print for the membership says it should work on toys and games, and there are no exclusions for LEGO listed...

Anybody else have experience with the Educator Discount that might be able to weigh in? A B&N employee perhaps?

What wound up being awesome, though, was we tried Books-a-Million, and her Educator Discount for them worked on the LEGO Architecture 21020 Trevi Fountain we got. Didn't look like the associate had to do any overriding...

Massive wallyworld clearance haul yesterday:

75105 millennium falcon at $74 each
final duel at $40 each
custom Jedi fighter at $19 each
republic av7 cannon at $19 each
blue power jet at $35 each
attack of morro dragon at $35 each
tie advanced prototype at $19 each
imperial assault carrier at $64 each
imperial shuttle tydirium at $49 each

Damn. I'd love to get some of those Star Wars sets. My second closest Walmart has most of those clearance prices, but nothing in stock according to brickseek.

GreyFox, since it's the new year did your wife need to renew her educator card at B and N? That's happen ended to me befote
No, when we scanned it in store is just didn't take anything off the sets. I then made her an account online, and the discount only registered on the item I mentioned in my last post - a book on common core for 5th grade. Makes me wonder if they loosen the restrictions during appreciation days, because the details for those events say you save 25% on school *and* personal purchases...

Or are you saying you have an educator card and it typically works on LEGO all year round?

Massive wallyworld clearance haul yesterday:
75105 millennium falcon at $74 each
final duel at $40 each
custom Jedi fighter at $19 each
republic av7 cannon at $19 each
blue power jet at $35 each
attack of morro dragon at $35 each
tie advanced prototype at $19 each
imperial assault carrier at $64 each
imperial shuttle tydirium at $49 each
I've seen the Falcon and Kylo Ren shuttle drop that low at some places with 50 miles of me, but nothing actually in Wilmington, NC. Haven't seen drops of any kind on any of those other sets aside from Blue Power Jet, which I got for $49 (though it is now down to $35 here too). One local store had the City Spaceport for $59...saw 3 of them; waiting in hopes of a bigger drop. I imagine they update weekly or bi-weekly...

Keep look out for ninjago titanium dragon, master we dragon, Titan mech battle as all are 50% off at some stores. Also deep sea sub is also 50% off.

Not weekly, monthly, a lot of these drops were from after Christmas but most stuff was oos. I managed to get a MF for $109 and imperial shuttle for $64, I wanted the dual and Jedi fighter but those sets were nowhere near me.

Nice pickups, we hate you!!!!

No, when we scanned it in store is just didn't take anything off the sets. I then made her an account online, and the discount only registered on the item I mentioned in my last post - a book on common core for 5th grade. Makes me wonder if they loosen the restrictions during appreciation days, because the details for those events say you save 25% on school *and* personal purchases...

Or are you saying you have an educator card and it typically works on LEGO all year round?
Trying to say that for me it has never been an issue. If I'm getting something at the store they normally give me a look or will occasionally ask how I'll use it in the classroom but otherwise haven't had an issue at all with getting the discount on items.

Trying to say that for me it has never been an issue. If I'm getting something at the store they normally give me a look or will occasionally ask how I'll use it in the classroom but otherwise haven't had an issue at all with getting the discount on items.
They must have to override it...I tried at a different B&N today and it didn't work on the United Nations set...but it worked on the 2nd book in the 5th wave series that my fiancée bought...wpuld have just got it at BAm since it seems to work there, but they only had one in stock and the box was beat up. I'll pay retail for a pristine box in that case.

Just figured I'd ask before I list it, but has anyone here tried selling misprinted minifigures on eBay? Do people actually buy them? Someone suggested I do that with one of my misprint Clone Troopers, but wasn't sure if it's actually rare enough that anyone would want it.

Just figured I'd ask before I list it, but has anyone here tried selling misprinted minifigures on eBay? Do people actually buy them? Someone suggested I do that with one of my misprint Clone Troopers, but wasn't sure if it's actually rare enough that anyone would want it.
Do a BIN with best offer like this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Minifigure-AT-AT-Driver-8129-8084-Production-ERROR-Misprint-/121884721235?hash=item1c60e54053%3Ag%3A-QMAAOSwFMZWsrrL&nma=true&si=pT3Be6NWNKvjdYXynvro%252BrHRx2s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Does the walmart app no longer show the actual in store prices? I remember it used to show the clearance prices but I checked for an item on brickseek and it shows $65 while the app shows whatever the online price is

Does the walmart app no longer show the actual in store prices? I remember it used to show the clearance prices but I checked for an item on brickseek and it shows $65 while the app shows whatever the online price is
We had this conversation last week and the app is iffy at best now.

Found City Spaceport 60080 for $50...debating whether or not to get it...

Also, can anyone tell me if Walmart clearance markdowns are automatic, or if an associate has to scan the physical item to update the system whenever the price drops? I ask because a local store is showing up on Brickseek with 1 Star Destroyer left, and I've checked several times to see if ever pops up in the clearance racks (maybe it was hidden or misplaced and found during zoning). Anyways, it was listed as $99, and now it's saying $64 on Brickseek. It would be freaking awesome to find it, but I haven't had any luck with any associates willing to actually check their system or look for it.

Also, can anyone tell me if Walmart clearance markdowns are automatic, or if an associate has to scan the physical item to update the system whenever the price drops? I ask because a local store is showing up on Brickseek with 1 Star Destroyer left, and I've checked several times to see if ever pops up in the clearance racks (maybe it was hidden or misplaced and found during zoning). Anyways, it was listed as $99, and now it's saying $64 on Brickseek. It would be freaking awesome to find it, but I haven't had any luck with any associates willing to actually check their system or look for it.
I think they might be automatic. I have seen prices on brickseek that are lower that were lower than the in store sticker but when I scan them in the price checker, the price is the lower price I saw on brickseek. I could be wrong though

Where have you guys been finding some of these clearanced Lego sets in WalMart? One by me put them on the last aisle of the toy section, which was all clearanced toys. Another had a few sets thrown in with a whole clearance aisle with a bunch of other items. Been looking for a set that shows in stock the last week, but I haven't had luck finding it in store.

Where have you guys been finding some of these clearanced Lego sets in WalMart? One by me put them on the last aisle of the toy section, which was all clearanced toys. Another had a few sets thrown in with a whole clearance aisle with a bunch of other items. Been looking for a set that shows in stock the last week, but I haven't had luck finding it in store.
I've been finding them in a nearly empty aisle between the garden area and toy section.

Most sets I found were in a clearance area with other toys and assorted crap. The location varies but it's typically around the toy and garden sections.

I've also found some sets in the regular aisle. Typically the shelf tags are up to date but it's usually worth it to double check sets you know to be on clearance at some stores.

Also worth emphasizing YMMV. I found a couple Minecraft sets clearanced (First Night and Ender Dragon) but I've only found them marked down at one store for each set. Wish it was more universal.

Not a huge deal but I found a couple of recently retired sets on Amazon Prime Now - snowspeeder and General Grievous wheelbike. Glad I found them because they aren't at retail anymore. Plus had a $10 off promo code. Ordered at 10:30am and delivered by 12:20pm. Can't beat that service!

Not a huge deal but I found a couple of recently retired sets on Amazon Prime Now - snowspeeder and General Grievous wheelbike. Glad I found them because they aren't at retail anymore. Plus had a $10 off promo code. Ordered at 10:30am and delivered by 12:20pm. Can't beat that service!
Is it no longer available? I've been looking for the wheelbike at msrp

Selection varies by area. I checked for all Lego in the Prime Now app (not a lot) because someone in here earlier said they got a tumbler for msrp, low and behold I found two sets I was looking for. I checked Prime Now this morning and I must've got the last of each of those sets.

For about a week there was a Death Star on Prime Now and I kept going back and forth about it but eventually ended up deciding against it.

I stopped in a nearby WM tonight to see if there was anything worth snagging. They had maybe 30 of those Halloween bat sets, but they were still $10. Up on a top shelf there was one kinda battered Creator Series Tower Bridge. No price marked, and I sure wasn't going to leave it there and NOT check the price. Nothing on the floor scanner, so I took it to the pickup desk in back. It rang up at full retail, $240. WampWomp. Cool story, bro.

I doubt that Star Destroyer is there, somebody may have done the good ol' barcode switcharoo or it's a damaged product/return still in there system.

There on endcaps, on the Lego isle, I've seen them on an island in front of the toy section, on a back section of the toy isle or like others have said in the garden section. I've also seen them on tables or racks near the front but that is rare.

What is this Prime Now everyone speaks of?
Its crap, and usually only available in busy metropolitan areas. It's basically Amazon delivery the stuff themselves same day or within two hours.

I found an Avengers Tower set today at Walmart for $30.  The seal was taped back with scotch tape so I opened it up and it looked like everything was intact.  I'll have to check at home to make sure it really is all there.

Might be taboo to talk about Mega Bloks in a LEGO thread, but I did spot a Call of Duty Odin Space Station on clearance for $14.98 at Toys R Us. Passed on it after much deliberation...gonna save my cash for the real deal (Palace Cinema, Slave 1, and Tower Bridge are priorities as far as extraneous spending goes).

Might be taboo to talk about Mega Bloks in a LEGO thread, but I did spot a Call of Duty Odin Space Station on clearance for $14.98 at Toys R Us. Passed on it after much deliberation...gonna save my cash for the real deal (Palace Cinema, Slave 1, and Tower Bridge are priorities as far as extraneous spending goes).
I don't know how the build is on the Call of Duty stuff, but I recently got back into the Halo Mega Bloks sets and they have become complete shit over the last year or so. Molding is all off and the bloks don't even want to fit together in most cases. I bought the Ghost and was gifted the Covvie Shield Turret and while they should be fantastic builds, there were multiple bricks in both sets that did not want to actually lock together at all. I forced them, but the Turret continually falls apart by itself on my shelf and the Ghost can no longer come apart at all.

I don't know what their molding process is now, but they've become extremely cheap over the last 3-4 years. I never used to run into these kind of problems from their products. Hell, I even hit up their customer service and they told me that I couldn't be right and asked me if I was fishing for free stuff. Shit left me feeling so insulted.

I don't know how the build is on the Call of Duty stuff, but I recently got back into the Halo Mega Bloks sets and they have become complete shit over the last year or so. Molding is all off and the bloks don't even want to fit together in most cases. I bought the Ghost and was gifted the Covvie Shield Turret and while they should be fantastic builds, there were multiple bricks in both sets that did not want to actually lock together at all. I forced them, but the Turret continually falls apart by itself on my shelf and the Ghost can no longer come apart at all.

I don't know what their molding process is now, but they've become extremely cheap over the last 3-4 years. I never used to run into these kind of problems from their products. Hell, I even hit up their customer service and they told me that I couldn't be right and asked me if I was fishing for free stuff. Shit left me feeling so insulted.
That's pretty crappy...and I'm surprised their customer service would say that. I haven't had much experience with Mega Bloks...I bought the Banshee and Gausshog released last year, and they were pretty fun little builds. My only grip was with the two gold-painted wedges used on the front of my hog...one had a paint defect that kinda ruined the look for me...the gold stripe was slanted to a degree. The Banshee was great once I realized the top hatch would close correctly only if you didn't push the pegs all the way into it.

Mega Bloks has been shit for years. My cousin and I got got dinosaur sets like 20 years ago. They were brick built besides the head. Mine was fine, but my cousins dino head wouldn't stay on. My family called and costumer service said wasn't supposed to stay on. :lol:

I got a helicopter years later and there were huge gaps in parts, like I was missing plates. It was awful.

Of course LEGO's quality has gone down the tubes too, I have tons of cheese slops and tiles that have tiny cracks in them. But at least the sets stay together.

After striking out on $40 Quinjets everywhere I was willing to drive to, I did an online order for one with "my store" set as the nearest one that had it listed at $40. Of course, that online order was at the web price--$67 or whatever. They shipped the set to "my store" and it's there for pickup now. Will they allow me to cancel the order at the pickup desk, then re-buy it at clearance price? Anyone tried this? I'm sure, as with all things WM, it'll be YMMV.

Pick it up and have them price adjust it, they will do it. Was widely reported people did this with the Black Friday 10697 set from online orders with pickup in store/ ship to store.

Mega Bloks has been shit for years. My cousin and I got got dinosaur sets like 20 years ago. They were brick built besides the head. Mine was fine, but my cousins dino head wouldn't stay on. My family called and costumer service said wasn't supposed to stay on. :lol:

I got a helicopter years later and there were huge gaps in parts, like I was missing plates. It was awful.

Of course LEGO's quality has gone down the tubes too, I have tons of cheese slops and tiles that have tiny cracks in them. But at least the sets stay together.
Cheese slops?

bread's done
Back