LEGO Deals 3

What sweeps is this for?
It specifically was working for the "Want It? Win It. Now!" Sweepstakes they have. I think they may have fixed the glitch though, because I can't get it to work any more for any of my accounts.

Still, in that time I was able to get around $150 worth of Lego for free, so it was a win and totally worth the time I spent with it.

Edit: Will post pics when they come in! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are interested in the Lego friends sets, a walmart near me had clearenced the heatlake malls shopping mall for $35.00.

I saw it on brickseek and went right to the store. The  walmart woman changing prices in the aisle noticed I was looking feverishly for something and asked what I was looking for. I told her the mall lego set and she told me someone just grabbed it.

Here is the item number if you want to check brickseek and walmarts near you 36607476

Sunshine Ranch playset was also marked down: 34193537

As was the  Jungle Bridge Rescue: 38057582

The lego city spaceport was also marked down to $59 45059359

Happy hunting, that price for the mall was too good to be true

So, recap. Got my Shop Your Way Accounts banned, but I did seemingly get a lot of free Lego. I got the Resistance X-Wing fighter and Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor in store tonight. I also ordered Black Panther's chase, Batboat, Carbonite Freezing chamber, Batman Cycle Chase, the Ghost microfighter, and the Tie Advanced Mcirofighter and they say they're shipped, but none of their tracking shows up, so I'm beginning to seriously doubt I got them.

I have my original account that still has $52 on it, but I actually found out tonight that my account had been locked and I can't use any of that. Oh well, worst case is that they don't come. At least I was able to pick up my in-store orders using the SYWR points. 

If they do come, I'll definitely put up pics of my haul.

So, recap. Got my Shop Your Way Accounts banned, but I did seemingly get a lot of free Lego. I got the Resistance X-Wing fighter and Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor in store tonight. I also ordered Black Panther's chase, Batboat, Carbonite Freezing chamber, Batman Cycle Chase, the Ghost microfighter, and the Tie Advanced Mcirofighter and they say they're shipped, but none of their tracking shows up, so I'm beginning to seriously doubt I got them.

I have my original account that still has $52 on it, but I actually found out tonight that my account had been locked and I can't use any of that. Oh well, worst case is that they don't come. At least I was able to pick up my in-store orders using the SYWR points.

If they do come, I'll definitely put up pics of my haul.
Crap. i managed to replicate what you did. Got almost $70 in rewards. Ordered the FO and Resistance battlepacks, the freezing chamber, and obi-wans starfighter. Now you have me worried that my account will be banned. Guess it wouldn't be the end of the world since i rarely use my account anyway

Crap. i managed to replicate what you did. Got almost $70 in rewards. Ordered the FO and Resistance battlepacks, the freezing chamber, and obi-wans starfighter. Now you have me worried that my account will be banned. Guess it wouldn't be the end of the world since i rarely use my account anyway
If they ban your account you can just open a new one, so it's not the worst if it does get banned unless you used the Pharmacy program attached to SYWR. I hope you do get your Lego! Has it already shipped?

just processing right now. didn't place the order until like 8 though
Hopefully they ship. Mine say shipped, but the tracking info isn't working, so I'm iffy. First package should be here tomorrow though, so I don't have to wait too long to find out.

Just got off the phone with SYWR and the woman said that they but a 48 hour suspension on all accounts that entered the sweepstake.
I was actually going to come post this. I am wondering if they're just going to wipe the sweeps points clean or not.

If not, it turns out I have like, $60 in points on another account that I didn't even enter the contest on that I would like to use on even more Lego.

LEGO Shop has a bunch of sets for 20% off including Big Bang, Valentines Day set, and I swear some 2016 sets if anyone wants to take a look.

LEGO Shop has a bunch of sets for 20% off including Big Bang, Valentines Day set, and I swear some 2016 sets if anyone wants to take a look.
I bought the underwater base. VIP points is basically 5% and Discover has a 5% promo through their website, so that wasn't too bad a deal. They also tossed in a nexo knights starter kit (?) and another mini build that looks to be nexo related.

This SYWR thing is crazy. It looks like they aren't banning anyone and they shipped all of the stuff I ordered and it's all supposed to be here tomorrow. 

Also, early numbers are close to $3 million was given out yesterday and at least $1 million was already used. We might be looking at the death of SYW.

This SYWR thing is crazy. It looks like they aren't banning anyone and they shipped all of the stuff I ordered and it's all supposed to be here tomorrow.
Also, early numbers are close to $3 million was given out yesterday and at least $1 million was already used. We might be looking at the death of SYW.
Heh...was going to say, seems like they're going out with a bang. Just another piss poor promo implementation and rollout, ripe for the exploiting.

Btw here are a couple more clearance specials at various Targets...waiting to land a few other sets then will report those.

[attachment=20630:image.png][attachment=20631:image.png]

Found the Friends mall for $50 at Walmart. Not as good as the $35 reported but half price Lego is my breaking point.

Also saw the Imperial shuttle and First Order snowspeeder at 25% off.

Found the Friends mall for $50 at Walmart. Not as good as the $35 reported but half price Lego is my breaking point.
Also saw the Imperial shuttle and First Order snowspeeder at 25% off.
I'm hoping $50 comes up soon on the mall. There are at least 5 sets at the stores I visited with the mall at $79 right now. Walmart clearence is very ymmv but at least the Legos get clearenced fairly regularly unlike the video games. I'm hoping the sunshine ranch sets drop at the same time.

The classics creative sets are all $30 here, which is full price. BrickSeek said one store near me had them for $20 but are sold out.
Just to be clear these are the little square boxes and not the larger rectangular boxes with more pieces that were $30 on Black Friday

My wife went to check for clearance space ports at a Walmart that BrickSeek said had some for $30 but of course there were none at all. The employee she spoke to said that someone loaded up a cart with Lego sets and just walked out with them (saw a similar story involving tvs on Facebook, thief was wearing a Walmart vest) which is why the inventory numbers are off. She did pick up a friends mall for $50 though so it was a total wast of a trip.

While we are talking Walmart clearence, that legendary yoda is now $49. At most stores near me. It still doesn't seem worth it at that price but maybe I'm being really cheap

I think this is a typo, but it made me LOL.
Yeah typing on phone with fat fingers :p

While we are talking Walmart clearence, that legendary yoda is now $49. At most stores near me. It still doesn't seem worth it at that price but maybe I'm being really cheap

Yoda is cheaper that that on eBay. I saw some at target for $35
Have seen that Yoda for $69 at Walmart and $53 at Target. May bite if I see it for $35

I saw the imperial assault carriers dropped to $30 at my local wal mart via brickseek. Despite it saying there were 2 or more and me looking over two days I never found them. I was pretty bummed. I also noticed they dropped another set I never found between day 1 and 2 of my search. Can they reduce prices on items that physically aren't there or should I assume an employee has these stashed somewhere?

I did get a friends mall for $54, an AV-7 canon for $15, and Cinderella carriage for $15.

Edit: oddly the new avengers airport set was on the clearance isle with a $79 clearance sticker. I will be watching that closely.

I loaded up on Friends lego sets this morning. Walmart is YMMV but these look to be dropping at all stores.

I grabbed the friends heartlake mall for $54

Friends Sunshine Ranch for $35

Stephanie's Beach house for $19

Jungle bridge resuce $15

After spreading the build across 12 days (1 bag per day except for the final 2, since the last was merely the display stand), I finally completed the Slave I. What a masterpiece of a set...the ONLY gripes I can really have after marveling over it are the fact that the ship isn't raised high enough to make the info placard readable from the front, and I wish the Han-in-Carbonite would swing all the way out instead of just partially before you have to detach it.

Minor gripes, to be certain, in a build that was every bit as enjoyable as the Tumbler, if not more so.

Next: Palace Cinema.
After that: Tower Bridge.

Damn it, someone cleaned out the 3 Tumblers at the San Dimas Target...assuming they were actually ever there. Was watching and tracking their inventory, hoping they would go on clearance in the system like the ones I got mid last year at 70% off ($59.98), but nope all gone at $199.99. Was considering picking them up and relocating them to a much closer store that wouldn't move them.

Also passed on a beat to hell and possibly looted Death Star as well that now appears to have gone out of the system. Not sure if it salvaged or was sold, but never dropped below $399.99. Hell it might still be in the back stockroom at that store just out of the system.

After spreading the build across 12 days (1 bag per day except for the final 2, since the last was merely the display stand), I finally completed the Slave I. What a masterpiece of a set...the ONLY gripes I can really have after marveling over it are the fact that the ship isn't raised high enough to make the info placard readable from the front, and I wish the Han-in-Carbonite would swing all the way out instead of just partially before you have to detach it.

Minor gripes, to be certain, in a build that was every bit as enjoyable as the Tumbler, if not more so.

Next: Palace Cinema.
After that: Tower Bridge.
The Palace Cinema is very cool looking, but it's a pretty boring build.

Disney time!

http://imgur.com/XJLDovX?r

Weird Buzz, and the alien isn't needed. They have Stitch and no Lilo? Very weird to me.
Oh hell yes. I'm not going to start it unless others are interested but I have at least 3 pages of "why didn't they do this guy/girl/talking cat?" if anyone has an opinion on it. :D/

Soooo... Beauty & The Beast, Cinderella, Lion King? so many missed opportunities. The more I think about it this almost seems like it could be fake.

Oh hell yes. I'm not going to start it unless others are interested but I have at least 3 pages of "why didn't they do this guy/girl/talking cat?" if anyone has an opinion on it. :D/

Soooo... Beauty & The Beast, Cinderella, Lion King? so many missed opportunities. The more I think about it this almost seems like it could be fake.
We're getting belle and beast in the new castle so it's understandable they'd skip them. Some of those minifigs in that pic look a little...off. Maybe its because I've become so accustomed to seeing the Disney characters in minidoll form from my daughter's sets.

So psyched for these. LIke the move away from the minidoll style. Like the retool of Buzz. My only complaint is the waste of a slot on the TS Alien, sees unchanged from the previous release.

Well, Tsum Tsums are a real thing that's been around for a couple of years. There's still no Beauty & the Beast physical versions. Cinderella and Lion King were fairly recent. So it's not really farfetched. The only weirdness is the Incredibles being in the line-up.

Edit: There's not a single Incredibles Tsum Tsum.

These figures are going to be hard to come by, the Disney crazies are going to buy them up. I just hope it's not expensive to buy a complete set on eBay.

Don't worry, there will no doubt be multiple series of them. And while they will be bought up like crazy, hopefully they will also be massively overproduced.

These figures are going to be hard to come by, the Disney crazies are going to buy them up. I just hope it's not expensive to buy a complete set on eBay.
That's my plan. On average I've only paid about 15-20 bucks over retail to skip the hastle of driving around and feeling bags only to get at least one or two wrong. That said, one time I got an incomplete set but it was a good month after the auction so I was kinda screwed (that's what you get for making Minifigures rewards for chores) but since then I've bought from people who specifically say they will replace duplicates.

I will be buying a case for sure. Keep a full set and sell the rest so will let you all know when I order and we can work something out.

Disney time!

http://imgur.com/XJLDovX?r

Weird Buzz, and the alien isn't needed. They have Stitch and no Lilo? Very weird to me.
I am stupidly excited for these. I actually want them all except for Mickey and Minnie. Maleficent, Genie, and Buzz are priorities, though! Love the redesigned Buzz head.

I'm more curious about why they didn't add Frozen or Inside Out characters. Seems odd that they would have Incredibles in there, but be missing more recent popular IPs. Then again, maybe I'm biased because I didn't like Incredibles outside of Syndrome and Frozone's characters.

Here's to hoping this is the start of a long running series that eventually includes KH characters.

This is my one worry right now. I had this problem when the Simpsons blind bags came out. All of the Simpsons fans in my area devoured the sets and I was only ever to grab 2 (turned out to be Maggie and Frink).

If I had that bad of a problem getting Simpsons, the Disney ones will likely not even be something I'll physically see in my stores.

Thankfully, there will likely be plenty of ways I can buy them online.

Edit: Oh yeah, I was busy so I forgot to do this the other day, but I got most of my Lego sets from Kmart's glitch last week. Still missing the Carbonite Freezing Chamber, Batman Cycle Chase, and the First Order Snowspeeder (which are for some reason still not shipped, despite the fact that I actually paid $5 for shipping on those), but I still ended up getting over $100 in Lego free.

10cnihk.jpg

Still gotta find time to build the Batboat.

Sooo, where does everyone buy boxes of minifigs?  Never bought a box before, but I'd love to get a set of the Disney ones.  I guess I'll be breaking my 'no more $4 minifigs' rule.  

Maleficent, Stitch, and Ursula are going to fly off the shelves.

Assuming 3 sets for case, there'll be 6 that's more common. Knowing Disney, it'll include Mickey/Minnie and Donald/Daisy, leaving two. Probably Alien and Buzz, but who knows.

Sooo, where does everyone buy boxes of minifigs? Never bought a box before, but I'd love to get a set of the Disney ones. I guess I'll be breaking my 'no more $4 minifigs' rule.
Some sell them on ebay at essentially retailer prices but I haven't looked in a long time. As far as getting a complete set there's tone of sellers doing that for a modest markup.

Sooo, where does everyone buy boxes of minifigs? Never bought a box before, but I'd love to get a set of the Disney ones. I guess I'll be breaking my 'no more $4 minifigs' rule.
Amazon overseas, I think that's where most of the people that get full sets that sell on eBay get them from. I don't see them making money any other way.

I buy from minifigures plus on eBay. Paid $229 for series 15 case (actually paid less when factoring 4x eBay bucks during promo). Retail would be roughly $255 when factoring in 6% Maryland sales tax.

bread's done
Back