LEGO Deals 3

There was a listing for a Mini Cooper for $50 on Craigslist near me On December 18th and Feb 21st. I want the set and wondering if it's a fake thing because who would wait that long to relist it?
Maybe a sale didn't work out but it could be a fake too. There has been a "new" n64 memory card for $4 that has been on my local craigslist for 5 years. You won't know unless you try. The joys of craigslist

I missed out on the initial Kwik-E-Mart/Mini sale, but I checked back around 6pm and the Mart was back in stock! So, I spent $160 this afternoon.

:D

Also, there are two Elves sets that seem to be half off at pretty much every Target. A small one for 7.48 and a larger one (the bakery, I think?) for around $15. I passed on both, but decent deals.

Maybe a sale didn't work out but it could be a fake too. There has been a "new" n64 memory card for $4 that has been on my local craigslist for 5 years. You won't know unless you try. The joys of craigslist
Very true. I should give them a shout at. My ex drives a Mini and I love it, even tough his is better in dark blue and a sunroof with surfing racks. Still an awesome little car.

Also, there are two Elves sets that seem to be half off at pretty much every Target. A small one for 7.48 and a larger one (the bakery, I think?) for around $15. I passed on both, but decent deals.
I keep hearing about how everyday where the older Elves sets are so cheap, but all I ever found a was the $20 set for $14.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barnes and Noble coupons used to work on Lego just fine, but about a year ago (possibly less) they added fine print saying it no longer works for Lego...about the same time as Fred Meyer and their 10% off home coupons, sadly.

NNice Wal-Mart drops. My local store has the falcon at full price. I wonder if I could buy it at full price and return it to a store on clearance and rebuy it right away. There's nothing legally wrong with that is there?

Barnes and Noble coupons used to work on Lego just fine, but about a year ago (possibly less) they added fine print saying it no longer works for Lego...about the same time as Fred Meyer and their 10% off home coupons, sadly.
It's been longer than that but I guess it's been YMMV as far as it scanning, getting a cashier to override it. I have never tried because I have always read about other people getting shot down.

Never too much!
Normally I agree but I just bought a Kylo Ren lightsaber yesterday which took a good chunk of Lego funds. Now I just have to sell off some of my extra Silver Centurions to make up for it.

NNice Wal-Mart drops. My local store has the falcon at full price. I wonder if I could buy it at full price and return it to a store on clearance and rebuy it right away. There's nothing legally wrong with that is there?
Frowned upon, pretty sure it's legal. It's Walmart so expect it not to go so easy.

How much was the light saber? I think I saw it at TRU, not really sure.

Frowned upon, pretty sure it's legal. It's Walmart so expect it not to go so easy.

How much was the light saber? I think I saw it at TRU, not really sure.
I thought about trying return/rebuy at Walmart but wouldn't have the nerve to do it in one shot, would try to wait until later in the day or next day to see if they put it back out. Even then I know there would probably be an issue because it's Walmart.

The Ren saber is $209.99 at TRU, $199.99 on GameStop. But HasbroToyShop.com has it in stock and the promo code SPRING16 knocks off 15% and give you free shipping so I bit.

The FBI won't come and steal you LEGO, but most here will think you're an asshole.

I can live with that, I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything legally wrong.
As long as you aren't a super asshole messing with UPC symbols or hacking into the company computer you are fine.

In other news the CMF 15 series recall has ended and are back in stock online.

Walmart's system now requires a manager to come use their key and password to override and allow you to return something with a large price difference.  For example, returning a Millennium Falcon for $149.99 when their store is selling it for $35.  They could refuse you and tell you to go back to the store of original purchase to return it.  This new "hiccup" in the return process makes it more difficult as now you have two or three people gathering around trying to figure out why the system won't give you the refund you should get. 

I received a giftcard as a rebate and told them I wanted to return/rebuy using the giftcard...it took nearly 20 minutes and four employees.  I finally got them to go through with it all, but I'm not sure it was worth it.  Good luck.

A while back, I returned some shoes at Walmart. I had paid $20 and when I returned it, the lady told me they were now $3 and asked if I wanted to buy them back. I've only had that happen once though.

So my son and I are pretty into Star Wars Rebels since we started watching it recently.I was looking for the Ghost and found it a local store but I noticed Target and Brickseek have conflicting stock. I don't want to drive out there if I can help it unless I know it's there but I'd also love to know if it's clearanced. Are there any other sites that could tell me the stock with accuracy in the Atlanta area?
Only one store anywhere near Atlanta's 30301 zipcode returned *ANY* quantity of inventory, and that was Gainesville GA 30504 (NOT Gainesville Florida, apparently) with 1 at $26.98. I highly doubt you will actually find it to be accurate, however.

LEGO® Star Wars™ the Ghost™ 75053 (204-00-0062)

Gainesville (54.18 miles) 1 $ 26.98

Gainesville
514 Shallowford Rd NW
Gainesville, GA 30504-4154
770-532-6670
1 ON HAND 1 SALEABLE QUANTITY $26.98

Only one store anywhere near Atlanta's 30301 zipcode returned *ANY* quantity of inventory, and that was Gainesville GA 30504 (NOT Gainesville Florida, apparently) with 1 at $26.98. I highly doubt you will actually find it to be accurate, however.

LEGO® Star Wars™ the Ghost™ 75053 (204-00-0062)

Gainesville (54.18 miles) 1 $ 26.98

Gainesville
514 Shallowford Rd NW
Gainesville, GA 30504-4154
770-532-6670
1 ON HAND 1 SALEABLE QUANTITY $26.98
Thanks, it's worth calling but I'll probably break down and get one from B&N for 90 bucks rather than drive the two hours.

Anyone have experience selling on BrickLink? Is it easy, hassle free? I have some stuff to move and want to avoid using eBay if at all possible.

A while back, I returned some shoes at Walmart. I had paid $20 and when I returned it, the lady told me they were now $3 and asked if I wanted to buy them back. I've only had that happen once though.
Why would you buy shoes from Walmart, you know they fall apart as soon as they get wet.

The WalMarts near me inventory sucks. The one said they have 2 or more Gorilla Grodd in stock for $13....nowhere to be found (unless people are hiding things).  The other had the shuttle for $30....couldn't find it

The WalMarts near me inventory sucks. The one said they have 2 or more Gorilla Grodd in stock for $13....nowhere to be found (unless people are hiding things). The other had the shuttle for $30....couldn't find it
Same thing happened to me. No signs of grodd but 2 on brickseek. The store was also supposed to have 2 or more Kyle renn shuttles but they were Mia . I did find a 2.5 inch world of Nintendo modern Mario 8 bit figure so it wasn't a total lose at least. There is another store near me I will check tomorrow for grodd on clearence but I'm not optimistic

It's been longer than that but I guess it's been YMMV as far as it scanning, getting a cashier to override it. I have never tried because I have always read about other people getting shot down.

Normally I agree but I just bought a Kylo Ren lightsaber yesterday which took a good chunk of Lego funds. Now I just have to sell off some of my extra Silver Centurions to make up for it.
I should list my two extra on eBay, seeing them go for around 40 a pop is nuts. Was going to just trade them cheap on here but nobody ended up following through. *shrugs* They've sat on the floor in my office for a while now...

Walmart's inventory is horrible between the app and brickseek it's still a crap shoot. Between people scamming Walmart with barcode swaps, salvaged/damaged inventory and inventory not getting updated just makes it harder.

I should list my two extra on eBay, seeing them go for around 40 a pop is nuts. Was going to just trade them cheap on here but nobody ended up following through. *shrugs* They've sat on the floor in my office for a while now...
Yeah I need to cash in while they're still hot. Also have a bunch of the Galimimus polys that I just checked are going from anywhere from $10 - $15

And now I'm tempted to not open my only one I got and just hang it up as art.

Our store had no preorders... but a ton of figures. I just asked for one since I knew they'd go to waste collecting dust... they handed me a stack.

Would anyone be interested in trading their Silver Centurion for a Winter Soldier polybag?

AWD has a Ghost for $74.
Couldn't find it yesterday evening so I'm guessing it was snatched up? If you still see it a link would be much appreciated.

On the double points front I called the Discover Mills Lego store in Georgia to see what damaged items they had and the only thing of note was the Batman Batcave of which they had a few. With double points and 1000 point bonus you're looking at around 75 bucks off for that set which I doubt will show up anywhere else.

For years I've been spreading the word about asking GameStop for leftover preorder minifigs. I have been able to get multiples of Luthor, Elrond, Plastic Man, gallimimus and now silver centurion all just by asking. I usually go the day after release and ask. Most of the time I don't ask outright, I will ask something game related first "hey when does X come out?", "how much is X?" and follow it up with "oh by the way do you happen to have any leftover Lego figures?". I also try more out of the way GameStops then one in the mall or a busy one.
With the silver centurions these seem to have gone quicker because they're iron man and I think GameStop employees may have heard how much they're going for on eBay.
I initially offered up some for trade but couldn't find a suitable trade and didn't hear back from one guy. So it looks like I'm off take advantage of eBay prices.
Oh I know we haven't heard anything official but the girl at GameStop I talked to last week said that its more than likely they will get some kind of poly for preordering Lego TFA. That releases in June so we will probably find out within the next month or two.

I still am disappointed about missing out on the Plastic man minifigure. I actually preordered Lego Batman 3 at Gamestop and mine somehow didn't get any in for preorders, so I checked three other locations around and somehow all of them had already been cleaned out by the next day.

The Silver Centurion I got super lucky with. I just was talking about Lego games to the guy working at one of the locations I frequent and he threw me an extra they had.

He's going anywhere from $3-$14 on eBay (starting prices on brick link are $14)
There's even a KO version of him that you can get for cheaper if you don't mind KO's in your collection

He's going anywhere from $3-$14 on eBay (starting prices on brick link are $14)
There's even a KO version of him that you can get for cheaper if you don't mind KO's in your collection
You should ALWAYS mind knockoffs in your collection.

You should ALWAYS mind knockoffs in your collection.
I mind but some people don't. The only exceptions I make are the KO Comic Con exclusives I have of Phoenix and Shazam but since they were about $2 each shipped I decided to take a gamble. The Phoenix figure I got is ok, print looks good but it's all glued together, doesn't disassemble. The print on my Shazam is pretty crooked though. But again, at $2 each, I really can't complain.

I used to hate knock offs but after the Comic Con exclusive bullshit I'm fine with them. Not like the CMF series is perfect, the knock offs look better at times.

I just got a new magazine and catalog, the magazine is tell me it's the last one! From now on I will have to go online! Anyone else getting that?
I got that too. Mentions my child has reached the age to go on the internet or something like that. Yes, I was getting this for my "child."

I got my Simpsons House off a clearance endcap at Target. Someone's online return. $140.

:D :D :D

So I was pleased to keep up my streak on the discounted Simpsons sets. Those two are the most expensive LEGO I've ever bought.
Met too! Mine was $140 too! (Excuse the awful pic and yes I bought all three. $141 after red card and tax, Hooked two friends too)
LvqFdLQ.jpg

Now for some information I received about Walmart clearance discrepancies. Talked to a toy department manager. Before I continue this is true at his Walmart, but all Walmarts do whatever they want. I asked about some stuff I saw on the app but weren't out. They only have so much room for clearance so they pull some out of the trailers and when that sells they get more. Here's the first interesting point. Only him, assistant manager and store manager can pull toy clearance out of the trailer. Usually electronics managers have more power than other managers, but not for clearance. Only department managers can pull their clearance. I asked why other stores won't pull the stuff out. He says a combination of reasons. Sometimes their sales are down and they have to put it away to avoid a loss for the month. Others though just don't understand clearance. They don't want to sell at a discount so they'll avoid markdowns and let the product rot on the shelf while new product sits in the back also rotting. That's why sometimes you'll see a ton of clearance from one department all of a sudden, new manager who wants to get rid of the old product so they can move the new stuff.

Again, this is just for his store but it seems to confirm what I've seen at most Walmarts.

That actually makes sense at the Henrietta Walmart in case anyone is in western NY. They had more lego on clearance than I have ever seen, and about 2 weeks in stuck more on clearance and redid the toy aisles. So instead of sticking it in the back they shoved it on a clearance rack.

And I have a deal for once! :lol:

LEGO Architecture New York City 21028 is 25% off. Good deal being this is newer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017B19DOY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bargainwatchusa-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B017B19DOY

I hit the mother load at Walmart today. I'll post the details when I get home, but one of my finds was a Cinderella carriage set for $7.

Ok, here we go:
41076 Farran and the Crystal Hollow - $4
41058 Heartlake Mall - $54
41056 Heartlake News Van - $5
41053 Cinderella's Dream Carriage - $7
41038 Jungle Rescue Falls - $15
76032 Avengers Quinjet - $40
70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon - $35
70733 Blaster Bike - $9
75110 Luke Skywalker - $15
75108 Commander Cody - $15
75107 Jango Fett - $15
75109 Obi Wan Kenobi - $19

The figures weren't that cheap but I figure they'll be good for Christmas presents.

bread's done
Back