LEGO Deals 3

LEGO OKAYED THE IDEAS BEETLES YELLOW SUBMARINE?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!?!!@2!!?1/11/!

*faints*

Also the Saturn 5 rocket will be made into a set.
The Yellow Submarine is an obvious must own, but I am disappointed that the National Parks isn't going to get produced. Seemed like it should have had a real chance
Also looking at the 2016 ones again, none of those have a chance. On scale alone LEGO has not shown a lot of willingness to make the Ideas sets as large as any of those are. Maybe the fossils, maybe the accelerator, but it seems like both would end up smaller than the original designs. The rest, LEGO needs to stop accepting designs so large.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Yellow Submarine is an obvious must own, but I am disappointed that the National Parks isn't going to get produced. Seemed like it should have had a real chance
Also looking at the 2016 ones again, none of those have a chance. On scale alone LEGO has not shown a lot of willingness to make the Ideas sets as large as any of those are. Maybe the fossils, maybe the accelerator, but it seems like both would end up smaller than the original designs. The rest, LEGO needs to stop accepting designs so large.
I was hoping the Park Service would make it too and could be sold in parks everywhere. However there were probably few issues, too limited a base, probably wouldn't have been made in time to be released this year, and it's political.

LEGO loves when you introduce large scale Ideas, so they can reject them and then release the set anyways (Ghostbuster HQ.) or use the idea to make their own smaller version (Changing Seasons Creator House). I could easily see a Creator fishing building next year.

I was hoping the Park Service would make it too and could be sold in parks everywhere. However there were probably few issues, too limited a base, probably wouldn't have been made in time to be released this year, and it's political.

LEGO loves when you introduce large scale Ideas, so they can reject them and then release the set anyways (Ghostbuster HQ.) or use the idea to make their own smaller version (Changing Seasons Creator House). I could easily see a Creator fishing building next year.
It also seems like BB8 is a leading contender to go this route as well.

The new Dimensions trailer is great.  But it seems like the sole reason behind what they selected, was if they could make a joke or connection with an already existing character.  So in that vein, wave 3 predictions:

E.T. --> Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Mission: Impossible --> Inch High Private Eye

Goonies --> Indiana Jones

A-Team --> McDonald Land.  Hamburgler feeding B.A. some drugged hamburgers.

Gizmo --> Care Bears.  Who better to turn the evil gremlins into cute cuddly ones.

Sonic --> Transformers, with Sonic's greatest enemy... Spike!

Powerpuff Girls -->  M.U.S.C.L.E.

Okay, maybe not...

Was really hoping to see the Jurassic Park Explorer make it through.

I think Johnny 5 has a chance of getting selected if Lego can get the license to Short Circuit. 

Was really hoping to see the Jurassic Park Explorer make it through.

I think Johnny 5 has a chance of getting selected if Lego can get the license to Short Circuit.
I would guess they would love to make it, fit in with the 80s thing LEGO has going on. Release that Ideas set and then release the mini figure in Dimensions for $30.

That'd be cool, but I'm not sure they could make a minifig Johnny 5. It'd be more like an accessory or vehicle. And there really aren't any memorable humans from that movie :D

That'd be cool, but I'm not sure they could make a minifig Johnny 5. It'd be more like an accessory or vehicle. And there really aren't any memorable humans from that movie :D
LEGO has already made something like him, the Exo-Force robots. Just make a 'mini figure' with that and some new pieces.

You gotta be kidding me.

2020-ben-fisher-stevens-short-circuit-launch-3.jpg

I'm not one for pushing millennial comedies but Master of None on Netflix will change the way you see Short Circuit.

Gotta love the casting (from Wikipedia)

"Fisher Stevens said that when he was originally hired to play Ben Jabituya, the character was not intended to be Indian. Stevens was fired and replaced by Bronson Pinchot at one point, but then Pinchot was fired and Stevens was rehired.[2] To portray the role he had to grow a beard, dye his hair black, darken his skin with makeup, turn his blue eyes brown with contact lenses, speak with an East Indian accent and "walk hunched over like a cricket player."[3]"

lol  I was gonna post, what's not memorable about a white Fisher Stevens playing an Indian guy?

And the Dimensions 2 sets?  Wow.  I don't even play the game(have it, but not a fan), but I'm totally down for Goonies, ET, Gremlins and maybe A-Team and Knight Rider.

What do you guys think is a fair price for this lot? My friend offered it to me and wants to buy a ps4. I was thinking around $200 but not sure if that's fair.

35 pounds here with some minifigures, but looks like there's some mega bloks in there.

He also has these. The space police set is not complete and the bike is sealed but with ripped box.

$10 off $50 Lego City, Friends, or Super Heros purchase coupon in the the Target flyer this week
It's a shame that the website has become next to unusable recently. They made it so it's impossible to browse just what you want to.

However you can get the second Quinjet for $53 after the coupon. Plus the Advenger's Tower is $48-$49 so ad a Friends set and it be like 30% off.

My local Kmart is closing and all Lego are currently 30 percent off. Any tips on coupons or other discounts I could add to maximize the discount? 

My local Kmart is closing and all Lego are currently 30 percent off. Any tips on coupons or other discounts I could add to maximize the discount?
There's a 5% off any toy purchase coupon with Shop Your Way Rewards. It stacks on clearance. SYWR points also stack on top of that as long as they're not surprise points.

Well the clearance Gods never shine on me anymore but my wife found another great deal last night - scored an Indominus Rex set for 70% off at Target. It was another "Repackage" clearance find, probably an online return but everything looks to be present.

Wow, that looks much better than the blocky one from a few years back.
Agreed. Love the addition of the surfboard and classic red & white cooler on the roof rack.

Full reveal video from Lego:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o313JXCAev8

ETA: Printed VW logo pieces!

The Lego event today at the store me and the kids went to was lightly attended. I was talking with one of the other dad's and we both said that we had both been to ones where they ran out of the advertised set. The TRU employees seemed a little disorganized due to Lego not sending them something they needed early enough. Other than that the trophy stand build was ok,I grabbed an extra trophy. they had a bunch of pieces available to build Lego cars and race them soap box derby style. Sadly we could not take these home. I put together a pretty sweet batman tumbler though

Just when you got 'LET IT GOOOOOOOO!' out of your head Frozen is coming back in LEGO form...

http://tvline.com/2016/06/21/frozen-lego-animated-shorts-disney-channel/

Also Playmobile has the Ghostbusters' license in 2017 so if you want the classic sets you might want to get them this year.
Seems kinda lame. I actually don't mind the freemakers and some of the "movies" that show up on Netflix are ok when I watch them with the kids but the minifig designs of these characters look too limiting.

I finally found the Disney minifigs. Can anyone suggest a reliable place to trade doubles. I only bought 5 but still ended up with 2 genie.
I have only traded through here but everyone has been awesome.

I like the Freemaker thing, the show isn't bad (Have only seen like 10 minutes) and the two sets that they have are decent, DIFFERENT (Huge plus for me) and nicely priced.

Whew finally wrapped up Walmart Lego clearance purchases.  Also used the app to pricematch various sets at Toys R Us to the clearance prices showing as available for purchase at numerous Walmart stores.  Various TRU employees' eyes almost popped out of their heads when they saw the prices.  $30 Space Shuttles, $25 SW Shuttle Tydiriums, $13 Gorilla Grodds and Creator Changing Seasons are hard to beat.  

Whew finally wrapped up Walmart Lego clearance purchases. Also used the app to pricematch various sets at Toys R Us to the clearance prices showing as available for purchase at numerous Walmart stores. Various TRU employees' eyes almost popped out of their heads when they saw the prices. $30 Space Shuttles, $25 SW Shuttle Tydiriums, $13 Gorilla Grodds and Creator Changing Seasons are hard to beat.
Which app did you use?

The walmart app. I enter the Walmart item number and it returns its price at all nearby stores that have it in their system. Here are a couple of screen caps:

[attachment=22559:image.png][attachment=22560:image.png][attachment=22561:image.png][attachment=22562:image.png]

Walmart is very YMMV. I've seen mentions of Lego clearances a few times on here, but the sets are never marked down that low by me. Most of the time they're still full price.

Karkyco lives in CA (I think?) so there are more stores for him to scam... I mean hit up. ;)

Toysrus.com has the Hydra Smash thing for $24, that's more than half off and it's currently back in stock.

Karkyco lives in CA (I think?) so there are more stores for him to scam... I mean hit up. ;)

Toysrus.com has the Hydra Smash thing for $24, that's more than half off and it's currently back in stock.
What was the BF price at the Lego store for that? I feel like I got it for around that price.

Brickseek actually says that the Imperial Shuttle is $25 at the Walmart near me... but it says there's only one in stock.  Wonder if it's worth fighting the Walmart crowd to look for it.

I can't get the app to reflect that 30 price for the spaceport, even if I change my location to your's karkyco.
You should use brickseek's Walmart inventory/price checker to find the Walmart store(s) near the zip code you enter that have it priced in their system at the low price. Then, using the Walmart app, set your store to one of those locations. Finally, search for the set in question by using its Walmart item number. Make sure you have the store tab selected and not the Walmart.com tab. When you then select the set from the search results, the app should display the set, the low in store price, and not only "sold by Walmart.com" but also that it is in stock and available for ordering. Sometimes you have to go back and search for the item number a second time for the app to work properly and display the correct in store price.

I wouldn't waste any gas time or energy attempting to hunt down "one or less" or even 2+ in stock at the actual Walmart store(s) if they show any stock at all, but rather attempt to pricematch them at another store that is closer, has it in stock, and has a pricematch policy that includes Walmart/Walmart.com. Namely, toys r us. Sure, the set might actually be in stock and it might actually be the low price indicated at Walmart, but odds are that's a wild goose chase that will not end in success.

bread's done
Back