LEGO Deals 3

I got a ton of Kylo shuttles without even buying the game. Manager is leaving the company in two weeks and has the "fuck it" mentality going on right now... that and I always keep him informed about new releases on things he collects and where has better sales for him to shop at.

^^ Are you going to give them out to your friends here?   :)

Is this round of Target clearance going 15-30-50 or 30-50-70?  It seems everything started at 30% this go around.  

Not around me. Most started at 15%. Crazy Target by me even has clearance prices above MSRP (Nexo single packs at $10.5x). The cheapest Scooby set is marked up to $18 and reduced to $12.50. Wtf. Some sets are normal though.

Got my Fun in the Park set from Shop at Home yesterday

I haven't hit up any GameStops for extra polys, I might at some point but these aren't as sought after as the minifigure polys are. For those of you looking for one stop at your closest GameStop and ask. I've never had an issue, the worst they can do is say no. I've been doing this for years and have never been turned down when they had extras.

Targets around me started 15% - 30% off but it depends on the set. If there are any drops it should be tomorrow.

I've asked at several GameStops about extra Lego polys in the past, and they've always looked at me like I had a second head.   :nottalking:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recommend just walking in and asking for one and walking out. Sometimes that does work but sometimes you gotta browse for a minute and ask or say "hey when does _____ come out? cool, thanks oh and do you happen to have any extra preorder Lego sets available?" I've never been outright denied. The only time I don't get one is when they are actually out of them.

I've asked at a few GameStops, but I've always been shut down. Once I was in picking up a game that I'd preordered, and they'd just told me that they'd accidentally given my preorder bonus item away and that they had nothing to give me. I took the opportunity to ask if they had any leftover Lego items they could give me as compensation. They said yes, they had some, but they couldn't give them out. So, they had no problem giving my Fire Emblem keychains away to someone else, but they couldn't make it right with some extra Legos!

Can we talk about the fact that people here still shop at Gamestop? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Target clearance this time around was a joke. A few things are 30%, a few are supposedly 15% but I swear some are ever more random. The Micro ATAT was $8.48 when the Snowspeeder was $8.28. The Scooby $15 set says $15 on the shelf, but they claim is $18. There was a City Construction set for 30% off, an Imperial something for 30% was $91. I bought an Elves boat for $21 as I really like the color of it. But the clearance was seemingly random. 

I would have went to Target today to see if there were further markdowns as one store had about 8 Scooby lighthouses for $35, love to get one for $25.

Can we talk about the fact that people here still shop at Gamestop? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Target clearance this time around was a joke. A few things are 30%, a few are supposedly 15% but I swear some are ever more random. The Micro ATAT was $8.48 when the Snowspeeder was $8.28. The Scooby $15 set says $15 on the shelf, but they claim is $18. There was a City Construction set for 30% off, an Imperial something for 30% was $91. I bought an Elves boat for $21 as I really like the color of it. But the clearance was seemingly random.

I would have went to Target today to see if there were further markdowns as one store had about 8 Scooby lighthouses for $35, love to get one for $25.
If you want to save a trip, you can try using brickseek to check the prices of the items you are interested in. You would need to know the items dpci though. I find the prices to be fairly accurate. The caveat being that the target clearence team will need to have gone through and changed the price to the new lower price you saw on brickseek. The inventory numbers can't always be trusted but are a good estimate.

I don't game much anymore but my kids still do and get gift cards for presents plus I have a pro membership which saves me money on used games and that can stack with coupons and trade in promos. I know hating GameStop is what the cool kids do but I'm a smart shopper and always feel comfortable with the deals I'm getting. I do get the valid complaints about trade in credit but I feel I make smart choices and am informed about what I'm spending or getting back.
When I do buy games it's really never on release day because I know a couple months down the line they will be half of what they were on launch. I made the exception with the new Lego SW game since I felt it was a good deal for the game, polys, season pass dlc. Otherwise I use Amazon prime which is great for 20% off and I am aware of GCU which sounds like a great deal but I don't buy enough games to really justify it.

I just remember the last time I bought something from a Gamestop that it was four 'new' Gamecube game (Yeah it's been awhile.) and at least of the games were used, one didn't even have the plastic on it anymore and they claimed it was new. After that I learned there were a lot of other more trustworthy places to buy games. (But I went from whenever the GameCube died to two years ago getting a 3DS and I have never really felt like I was missing anything.

I got a couple of star wars t-shirts for $2 a few months ago. Does that count?

Walmart has (or had) the tie fighter for $140. Too bad I can't return the one I got for $170 last time.

I go for Pop Vinyls, no clue when the last time I got a game there was...
I forgot to say earlier I saw a few Peanuts ones at Target for really cheap, like $3.25 because they had the normal price being $4-something. It's worth checking out. I Charlie Brown, the kid with the blanket, and that bitch who always took the football.

I can almost always get games new and sealed for less than GS has used...

on the LEGO front, haven't seen any good deals around here in a while. Meijer has some random clearance, YMMV.

I mostly collect comic pops, I stopped buying random ones even if they're cheap because we have too many now.

Will definitely be picking that set up but may wait for a sale or TRU coupon since the price per piece ratio is out of whack
TFW2005 boards also has a pick up of Cinderellas Castle set up. Can't wait!

Snagged a ucs tie fighter from awd last night for $136.

I also found a Ghostbusters fire house for $249 at Target this morning. Didn't feel comfortable spending so much on Lego in one weekend so there it still sits.

Im sorting through a bin of Lego and saw this piece. Did Lego copy Tyco? :)

3337dd0b6cbb777a3ddf7cff8737178b.jpg

And when did they change from the white piece to the gray piece? I'm building the big space police set and the manual shows the white type, but all the gray pieces look like this.

41fa13cc606fe65b70a59a9cb83139a0.jpg

That castle looks amazing btw

That piece, I kid you not, is called 'butt'. No I'm not joking, go to pick-a-brick online and see. It's Been several years now since they changed that piece, it's nothing really that new. I like the change.

Is the link to the castle showing up? On my computer I don't see the pictures, but on my phone the link works fine.

That piece, I kid you not, is called 'butt'. No I'm not joking, go to pick-a-brick online and see. It's Been several years now since they changed that piece, it's nothing really that new. I like the change.

Is the link to the castle showing up? On my computer I don't see the pictures, but on my phone the link works fine.
Doesn't show on my computer, and I don't use mobile...

Yeah if I click the link, it takes me to the pictures.

It's exactly what I wanted...

-349.99 USD (not the part I wanted)

-4,080 pieces

-5 minifigs (Mickey, Minnie, Tinkerbell, Donald, Daisy; different than CMF versions)

-Release is TBA (usually within a few months of marketing, right?)

image-5.png

image-6.png

My only gripe is amount of minifigures for the variance, price and exclusivity of the set but otherwise I love it.
Release is supposed to be Aug 15 for VIP members and Sep 1 for everyone else.
I'm definitely getting this but will probably wait for Bricktober to get the extra VIP points

Picked up Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle #75104 and First Order Transporter #75103 for $30 each at the local Walmart today. 

Noticed the new Tie Fighter and the Rebel Troop Transport started clearance as well.

How can Cinderella's Castle not come with Cinderella?  I mean, WTF is that about?  The minifig count is abysmal for that set.  How about a Walt minifig?  

Other than that it's a gorgeous set.

The Walt figure is a great idea!

I really like 90% of it but the front grey towers with those horrible huge sloped pieces makes it look funny to me. It looks really nice from behind. (That's what he said.)

The Prime Price is $126 if anyone is curious.

Also you save 20% on all Warehouse things.

If you have an Amazon Rewards Visa you save $30 on $150+

And buy a $50 gift card you get a $10 credit.

And Cinderella's Castle is actually called 'Disney Castle'. Probably because there is already a minimal set with the former name. But a Walt Disney Minifigure is a great idea, more so for $350.

The Prime Price is $126 if anyone is curious.

Also you save 20% on all Warehouse things.

If you have an Amazon Rewards Visa you save $30 on $150+

And buy a $50 gift card you get a $10 credit.

And Cinderella's Castle is actually called 'Disney Castle'. Probably because there is already a minimal set with the former name. But a Walt Disney Minifigure is a great idea, more so for $350.
That's not bad for the Tie Fighter. Kinda amazed it's been on sale so much. Couldn't find anything interesting in warehouse but I'll keep looking.

Even though its iconic, I think it's still plain, I was fortunate to get one though.
Had one in my cart yesterday but had to pass as I'll only have space for the Disney Castle this fall. When does the October double point bonus start usually? Is it by the 1st of the month?

The Adventure Time brick built guys are shown....

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-adventure-time-brick-built-characters-21308-set-revealed/

What an overpriced piece of shit. They are like $9 each (combine the little things into one figure.) and they really need 2-3-4 more characters.
The original Ideas submission had twice as many. No Lumpy Space Princess is a crime.

I do have to say that the changes they made are overall quite good. More detail, more articulation, better parts.

It's a shame that the most significant change was throwing away half the set.

The original Ideas submission had twice as many. No Lumpy Space Princess is a crime.

I do have to say that the changes they made are overall quite good. More detail, more articulation, better parts.

It's a shame that the most significant change was throwing away half the set.

It has no mini figures and shouldn't really be $50, but make the set $60 and have Lumpy Space Princess! Like you said, it's a crime. There is Jake and LSP, then the other people I don't care about. :lol:

The Adventure Time brick built guys are shown....

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-adventure-time-brick-built-characters-21308-set-revealed/

What an overpriced piece of shit. They are like $9 each (combine the little things into one figure.) and they really need 2-3-4 more characters.
Exactly. And I think they're pretty ugly too. This just looks like marketing and licensing team looking to get their money's worth. What's worse is that I think it would have been much cooler to have the treehouse that came through IDEAs so that all Dimensions minifigs could play in it.

Exactly. And I think they're pretty ugly too. This just looks like marketing and licensing team looking to get their money's worth. What's worse is that I think it would have been much cooler to have the treehouse that came through IDEAs so that all Dimensions minifigs could play in it.
At what point will LEGO stop making the darn Mixel joints in another color?! How about white at the very least? They looks like shit. I could make a few of them and use a Sharpie to make the faces. I already have a feeling there will be another set with the other characters by Christmas 2017.

I think LEGO saw the IDEAS set and went 'Oh let's see if we can get the rights, they did and got Dimensions, now they are just giving up a shit set without LSP. I consider her to be one of the main characters, if not the third main character after human thing (I don't like him :lol:) and Jake.

bread's done
Back