LEGO Deals 3

Wasn't there a Flame Princess in the original also?
Yes there was, but no one cares about her. :lol:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/93648

AWD has had several decent deals on things the last few days after Prime Day when it didn't for weeks. Included is the Santa Workshop for $56. i think that's 20% off.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Expert-Santas-Workshop/dp/B00NHQGDVO/ref=sr_1_19?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1468542913&sr=1-19&refinements=p_4%3ALEGO

Last edited by a moderator:
Feels like they're trying to snag some of the Pop Vinyl craze. Except these aren't that cute. Maybe Dr. Strange.
Also they are HUGELY overpriced. The SDCC price is $40 for a pair.

I'd also like to point out there have been these things on Ideas / Cuusoo for a long time now...

Another borrowed product from Ideas/CUUSO? So shady

Is there a piece count listed for the pair? That would be more of an indication on how overpriced these are, gotta take the "license tax" into consideration too.

Another borrowed product from Ideas/CUUSO? So shady

Is there a piece count listed for the pair? That would be more of an indication on how overpriced these are, gotta take the "license tax" into consideration too.
I kinda refuse to pay the license tax though I suppose I understand why they are doing it. Still these look like soulless cash ins to further leverage their licensing deals.

Easy pass.

I don't really like Funko Pop, and the weird eyes, no mouth, and squarish head aren't any better in Lego.

It boggles my mind that someone would pay $160 for those 8 figures.  Even at half the cost, it's too much.  I know people go nuts for exclusives, but that's insane.

The article says that these 8 are exclusives, and others will be released to the general public later.  Good luck with that.

So there is a rumor the new series of CMF is being released early so that the Disney ones can be released in September along side the Disney Castle. But to me that doesn't make sense. Will this series only be out for a few weeks? Did they release it kind of sucks? :lol: Why not just release the Series 16 in May and Disney in September with the castle?

Here's the picture. I like the ban and penguin guys, maybe the ice princess, and devil for Halloween. The penguin, the dog and the little guitar are really nice. But we had a red boxer, why not another color so they can, you know, box.

xsAN34f.png

So there is a rumor the new series of CMF is being released early so that the Disney ones can be released in September along side the Disney Castle. But to me that doesn't make sense. Will this series only be out for a few weeks? Did they release it kind of sucks? :lol: Why not just release the Series 16 in May and Disney in September with the castle?

Here's the picture. I like the ban and penguin guys, maybe the ice princess, and devil for Halloween. The penguin, the dog and the little guitar are really nice. But we had a red boxer, why not another color so they can, you know, box.

xsAN34f.png
I think the banana suit guy would be a great start to an Arrested Development set. He's probably easy to pick out from feeling the bag too!

[attachment=22946:2x06_Afternoon_Delight_(61).png]

They're making another headache with the Disney minifigs? I haven't seen them in stock at all since it's initial release.

FYI, The Nightwing figure w/ Justice League Lego movie is $14.44 right now at Amazon, pmed at target.

They're making another headache with the Disney minifigs? I haven't seen them in stock at all since it's initial release.

FYI, The Nightwing figure w/ Justice League Lego movie is $14.44 right now at Amazon, pmed at target.
Funny. The Target I like has had a bunch in stock since I bought mine in May. They received at least 6 boxes.

Will Lego replace a missing part for a cmf figure? My wife let my daughter buy one today but didn't notice it had been cut open and mr incredible didn't have the head piece. I checked the site but the form requires an actual set number.

Will Lego replace a missing part for a cmf figure? My wife let my daughter buy one today but didn't notice it had been cut open and mr incredible didn't have the head piece. I checked the site but the form requires an actual set number.
From what I heard, no, but type in the set number from the bag and see if anything comes up. If not send LEGO an email explaining the situation.

Any LEGO Star Wars fans here? I have two Chrome Darth Vader and wondering if there is any story behind him, if there are more than one promo with him? He seems to be from a 10 year anniversary polybag but is he from anything else?

From what I heard, no, but type in the set number from the bag and see if anything comes up. If not send LEGO an email explaining the situation.

Any LEGO Star Wars fans here? I have two Chrome Darth Vader and wondering if there is any story behind him, if there are more than one promo with him? He seems to be from a 10 year anniversary polybag but is he from anything else?
It was a gift with purchase several years ago at the Lego store.

I kind of remember that when they were doing the darth vader tie release for the 10th anniversary that random sets would have a chrome vader instead of the normal black one. As far as polybags the only chrome figure i know of is the StormTrooper that TRU put out.

I kind of remember that when they were doing the darth vader tie release for the 10th anniversary that random sets would have a chrome vader instead of the normal black one. As far as polybags the only chrome figure i know of is the StormTrooper that TRU put out.
I don't have any Chrome mini figures, so I was curious if there was was a more chrome type mini figure. There is a chrome golden CP30 too.

I had something weird and similar happen. I recently let me son put together a SW Rebels Ghost I got at B&N before it went OOP and we noticed that the manual was actually missing a page. The box was totally sealed so I really think it was a manufacturing error. Considering the show looks like it'll have 4-5 seasons I think the set will likely appreciate in vale a lot over time. I suppose I can buy a full guide off ebay but wanted to ask if anyone ever got a manual sent from Lego to replace or a missing or damaged one.

I ended up calling and they took care of me. Not used to customer service going out of their way to make things right, but the whole exchange was very pleasant.

I ended up calling and they took care of me. Not used to customer service going out of their way to make things right, but the whole exchange was very pleasant.
LEGO has made a ton of mistakes in recent years and the quality of their products have dropped dramatically, but their costumer service is the best in the world.

The Atom from various CW shows was announced as the second SDCC exclusive by Lego today. I don't care about the figure but the SDCC exclusives are still my biggest gripe with Lego. At least other companies make their exclusives available online during or after the con.
I was on the Lego FB page and gave them some thoughtful and respectful feedback as to why we as collectors dislike the con exclusives and a lot of people are echoing the sentiments we all have here. Whoever is running the Lego FB page said that they will be having a giveaway for the figure on their Twitter page, which I already knew, in case anyone is interested. I thanked them for the info but said its not really any consolation to the thousands of non attendees who aren't able to get one. I encourage those of you who would also like a shot at con exclusives to go onto Legos fb or Twitter pages and give them some thoughtful, respectful feedback. At this point it's the only way that we can let them know how we feel on the matter.

The Atom from various CW shows was announced as the second SDCC exclusive by Lego today. I don't care about the figure but the SDCC exclusives are still my biggest gripe with Lego. At least other companies make their exclusives available online during or after the con.
I was on the Lego FB page and gave them some thoughtful and respectful feedback as to why we as collectors dislike the con exclusives and a lot of people are echoing the sentiments we all have here. Whoever is running the Lego FB page said that they will be having a giveaway for the figure on their Twitter page, which I already knew, in case anyone is interested. I thanked them for the info but said its not really any consolation to the thousands of non attendees who aren't able to get one. I encourage those of you who would also like a shot at con exclusives to go onto Legos fb or Twitter pages and give them some thoughtful, respectful feedback. At this point it's the only way that we can let them know how we feel on the matter.

I was just about to post, "Speaking of Lego's mistakes..." Stupid ass exclusive bullshit. And everyone is like "So 10,000+ people will enter and you might give away one mini figure?"

Having looked up the Chrome Darth Vader a bit, he was given away randomly in boxes, he was given away as a promo, he was given away in Aussieland if you completed a questionnaire. That's how it should be, several ways to get it. But having exclusive mini figures that will never be made to 99.99998% of LEGO fans is bullshit. If they wanted to do exclusives do a mini figure that has a cool shirt print (Like the batman symbol.) and says SDCC16 on the back or something, don't do super rare. Or make more of these and give them away on a certain day when you spend $100 at S@H.

I hated when LEGO did Mister Gold from series 10, that and the price increased drove me from collecting complete series and doubles. I'm not a huge Super Hero fan, I just like having the name ones, but even this pisses me off.

Here's the Facebook lin...

https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/photos/a.10150175674793403.303596.6665038402/10153838237038403/?type=3&theater

Yeah my post is currently the second one from the top on that page. My suggestions to Lego are - make the SDCC exclusive figures "exclusive" by the way of packaging or some type of variant print on the minifigure or extra accessories.

Ugh, I forgot about Mr. Gold. I see there are KO versions of him now but I'd still rather have the real deal.

Well, in Hasbro's case, making them available online doesn't help much...because you have thousands upon thousands of people refreshing the store pages waiting for the items to go live, and all the stuff people actually want is sold out in seconds...mostly to resellers.

The whole exclusive business is stupid and needs to die in general. At the very least, in the case of LEGO, they should incorporate exclusive minifigs into a future set, or offer it on LEGO.com with a $75 purchase...or something similar. Exclusive mini sets aren't a big deal, I'd think, as long the parts aren't unique...

I've been a collector of different Hasbro lines for a long time and have never had an issue getting a SDCC exclusive from HTS. The only slight hiccup is they never have an exact date and time as to when they put the exclusives up, it just happens. But thankfully sites like this one, Rebelscum, TFW2005 and the like are good about posting the news so I've never missed out on something I wanted.

I've been a collector of different Hasbro lines for a long time and have never had an issue getting a SDCC exclusive from HTS. The only slight hiccup is they never have an exact date and time as to when they put the exclusives up, it just happens. But thankfully sites like this one, Rebelscum, TFW2005 and the like are good about posting the news so I've never missed out on something I wanted.
When it comes to Transformers, the hot items like Metroplex were gone before you could blink. Last years sets weren't as popular, though...the G1-colored dinobots, maybe, but that was more for the Ark box than anything else...

Anywho, I found the First Order Snowspeeder 75100 for $19 at one of my local Walmarts...50% off. Had three of them, all in beat up boxes...bought one; might go back for the others if they drop lower before someone snags them.

Noticed that a few local stores have most of the Force Awakens sets on clearance...waiting for a second drop on Kylo Ren's Shuttle before I bite (currently $89). Really wanted a First Order Transporter for $64...but Brickseek lied when it said 2 or more in stock...so I have to wait for it to drop at another store.

I feel like this is a lie... *site crash, cart dump, refresh doesn't load, site crash, half of your cart sells out during crashes*

Hasbro SDCC day is worse than Blizzard expansion/major patch day servers.

I feel like this is a lie... *site crash, cart dump, refresh doesn't load, site crash, half of your cart sells out during crashes
What would I gain from lying about something so generally inconsequential? I didn't say the system was perfect but people do actually have an opportunity to get what they want from HTS. Yes I've had moments of frustration when servers are overloaded but I realize that I'm not the only person on earth who wants what they're offering and if I really want it bad enough I just stay patient and keep trying. While I know it's anecdotal, I've always been able to get what I was looking for from HTS as far as exclusives and fellow collectors I know have too.

Forgot to mention, I saw the new Super Heroes sets at the (indoor) LEGOLAND store in Phipps on Sunday. Really wanted to buy the Ghost Rider set on sight, but had some restraint (they don't offer VIP points there since it's not an official LEGO Store brand store).

Anyway, exciting stuff! Ghost Rider, Scarecrow/Batman, Spidey/bridge, Doc Ock mech battle... maybe that was all? Plus the new GHOSTBUSTERS set, too, which they seem to have gotten out to some Targets in time, too. Dang it's expensive, but I'll get one at some point. Double-VIP month, maybe.

I think the banana suit guy would be a great start to an Arrested Development set. He's probably easy to pick out from feeling the bag too!

attachicon.gif
2x06_Afternoon_Delight_(61).png
Banana Suit Guy is extremely easy to find. I found the series at the local Lego store today and ended up getting a full set. I hadn't planned on it, but they were all there and the staff at the store was super helpful, giving me a cheat sheet and an extra box if I needed it.

What would I gain from lying about something so generally inconsequential? I didn't say the system was perfect but people do actually have an opportunity to get what they want from HTS. Yes I've had moments of frustration when servers are overloaded but I realize that I'm not the only person on earth who wants what they're offering and if I really want it bad enough I just stay patient and keep trying. While I know it's anecdotal, I've always been able to get what I was looking for from HTS as far as exclusives and fellow collectors I know have too.
Using last year's HTS as a model, I'd say that would be fine. Previous years? Not so much.

Last year, HTS had stuff on an announced day and they had a decent amount of stock. Most exclusives were still available days later. This is how it should be.

Previous years have been awful, with server issues, weeks of waiting, or instant sellouts. You had to be ready at the drop of a hat, too. If you were out shopping, in school, at work, or at the doctor's when HTS decided to go live, too bad for you. That's not how it should be, even though it is a "chance", I suppose.

Lego as a company is actually pretty good about distribution and exclusives, which is why it is surprising that they just don't get this. I mean, why wouldn't anyone be deliriously happy about a minifigure most customers will never see, much less own, except on eBay at exorbitant prices? I know I am just thrilled at all the minifigures I have no hope of owning, unless they come from China.

A chance to get them... but myself and a lot of other collectors I know have been countlessly screwed over for SDCC and other exclusives on hasbrotoysite :/ or toyshop, HTS, you know what it is :p

It's better than LEGOs LOL WE'RE GIVING AWAY 1 FIGURE, GOOD fuckING LUCK! contests, but it's still a pain in the dick.

Speaking of LEGO, I won a Bard the Bowman carded minifig from SDCC via Twitter when it was an exclusive. It's... somewhere. No clue where

Kinda off topic, but as I've been hunting for clearance deals, I keep finding myself holding off and hoping to score lowers prices. I really want the First Order Transporter with Captain Phasma, but I will wait for it to go below $89...and it's the same deal with Kylo Ren's Shuttle...need it to drop below $89.

But, with the Shuttle, does anyone think it might be a prime candidate for a UCS release in the near future? Since it was designed before the movie came out and didn't have proper wing mechanisms for flight, I wonder if they might give it the UCS treatment and incorporate it...

Kinda off topic, but as I've been hunting for clearance deals, I keep finding myself holding off and hoping to score lowers prices. I really want the First Order Transporter with Captain Phasma, but I will wait for it to go below $89...and it's the same deal with Kylo Ren's Shuttle...need it to drop below $89.

But, with the Shuttle, does anyone think it might be a prime candidate for a UCS release in the near future? Since it was designed before the movie came out and didn't have proper wing mechanisms for flight, I wonder if they might give it the UCS treatment and incorporate it...
Currently Amazon has the first order transporter for 71.99.....i think they are matching Walmarts online price. I think its been on sale all Month.

The first set revealed was the crazy one, I remember that. I think the transforming vehicles came second.

You are right though that most of the Movie sets were great price wise. The transforming Castle thing (Which I sadly never bought) had over 400 pieces for $30. But it didn't have a license or new mini figures with it. However $50 for a 433 piece car is still outrageous.

The first set revealed was the crazy one, I remember that. I think the transforming vehicles came second.

You are right though that most of the Movie sets were great price wise. The transforming Castle thing (Which I sadly never bought) had over 400 pieces for $30. But it didn't have a license or new mini figures with it. However $50 for a 433 piece car is still outrageous.
Given that the $50 Ecto-1 was 508 pieces, had 4 new minifigures, and was also a licensed property, I'd say yeah: outrageous, especially when the Joker vehicle isn't nearly as good. Should have been $39.99 tops, and I can't believe they wouldn't make a profit or make more in sales.

Still: want Batgirl & Harley. Grr.

bread's done
Back