LEGO Deals 3

I saw a Cinderella Romantic Castle for $35 and avenges crossbones heist for $9 at a local walmart. For $9 bucks the set includes 3 mini figs and a vehicle build. Not bad

The September 2016 LEGO Store Calendar is now available on LEGO’s servers and we can see the promotions and events that will be happening during the month.

September 1: The LEGO Disney Castle (71040) will be available to the general public.

September 1-30: Double VIP points on General Magmar’s Siege Machine of Doom (70321) and Clay’s Rumble Blade (70315).

September 1 – October 31: LEGO Nexo Knights Shield Search and Find.

September 5-18: Free Ultimate Lavaria with purchases of $50 or more, while supplies last.

September 6-7: VIP Monthly Mini Build will be a School Bus (40216).

September 15-30: VIPs get early access to TWO new exclusive sets.

September 16-18: LEGO Brand Store Grand Opening at Westfield UTC – San Diego.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-september-2016-store-calendar-promotions-and-events/

Awesome news. The lady and I will be holding out for Double VIP to get the castle, but we may make a trip out to the store in September...our birthdays are both at the end of the month, after all (though I already secured a MISB of The Burrows from the HP line as her bday gift...wish I had been able to get Diagon Alley or even Hogwarts to go with the Hogwarts Castle I got her as a wedding gift...but the auction came with The Burrows, so she gets that for now...). Still, as a teacher she will probably appreciate the school bus mini build

Anywho, very excited to know what the two new sets are. Are we thinking the new UCS Snowspeeder (or was it only a rumor?) and maybe something we don't know is coming yet?

EDIT: Well, maybe not on the School Bus...I guess maybe the store is closed on Labor Day? 'Cause having the 2-day mini build on Tues and Weds when your other half is teaching and the LEGO store is two hours away stinks...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Walmart clearance is breaking my wallet but a boon since my son's birthday is soon and he loves Minecraft.

Shopko has been decent too, $10 HULKBUSTER and Mega Bloks TMNT battle truck.

Awesome news. The lady and I will be holding out for Double VIP to get the castle, but we may make a trip out to the store in September...our birthdays are both at the end of the month, after all (though I already secured a MISB of The Burrows from the HP line as her bday gift...wish I had been able to get Diagon Alley or even Hogwarts to go with the Hogwarts Castle I got her as a wedding gift...but the auction came with The Burrows, so she gets that for now...). Still, as a teacher she will probably appreciate the school bus mini build

Anywho, very excited to know what the two new sets are. Are we thinking the new UCS Snowspeeder (or was it only a rumor?) and maybe something we don't know is coming yet?

EDIT: Well, maybe not on the School Bus...I guess maybe the store is closed on Labor Day? 'Cause having the 2-day mini build on Tues and Weds when your other half is teaching and the LEGO store is two hours away stinks...
I think the double points is only applicable to the two sets GG posted.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Late breaking news!

Is your water safe to drink, what affect could it be having on your children?! Find out at 11! 

Oh wait that's not it. Bionicle 2.0 has been (not shockingly) canceled.

Got my first group of Lego Ghostbusters Firehouse sets at $104.98 each, DPCI 204-00-0094. Only one store out of 100 had it clearance priced.

[attachment=23090:image.jpeg]

Got my first group of Lego Ghostbusters Firehouse sets at $104.98 each, DPCI 204-00-0094. Only one store out of 100 had it clearance priced.
image.jpeg
Wowsers...that's quite a haul, and sure to be a lucrative return on investment.

I spent the better part of the day dealing with an incomplete Harry Potter set I won on eBay (The seller listed it as complete but did not realize there were a few pieces missing from the one opened bag in the set, including 1 and a half minifigs)...got a partial refund that just barely covered the cost of the parts on Bricklink (though I had to buy more parts from one of my wishlists to fulfill shipping quotas, so I was actually $20 more out of pocket than my refund...but at least it had a positive resolution...

Still...I'd rather have had your luck today, hahaha.

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Wow that is incredible... I wish I had your luck.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Also, if anyone's interested, I do have three sets that I'm looking to offload, all never opened in box (some shelf wear). Moving out and as much as I love them don't have the space for them.

Lego The Mine
Ninjago Ninjoid Mechdragon
Lego Movie Lord Business's Lair

I've never even seen the Firehouse set in stores, let alone on clearance
His "deals"/brags (and let's be honest here, he is mostly just looking to brag) aren't always as straightforward as he makes them seem. For instance, he frequently returns/rebuys clearance at the lowest clearance level which many store employees will block.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if be was ordering online only items and returning them to stores so they get added to the store's inventory and then subsequently clearanced out because it's not normally an item carried by the store.

I don't believe he's doing anything illegal but he's unabashedly operating in the gray area of Target's policies.

It's not via return/rebuy - I don't bother with that method at all (and haven't in at least a year, possibly two at this point) given as you stated, RedvsBlue, the odds of failure and the excess time, gas, and hassle.  My purchases and methods are 100% legitimate, though I really shouldn't bother notifying CAG of these deals and 'bragging' so as not to risk killing the golden goose, so to speak.  

It's not via return/rebuy - I don't bother with that method at all (and haven't in at least a year, possibly two at this point) given as you stated, RedvsBlue, the odds of failure and the excess time, gas, and hassle. My purchases and methods are 100% legitimate, though I really shouldn't bother notifying CAG of these deals and 'bragging' so as not to risk killing the golden goose, so to speak.
And just like last time this came up you're threatening to stop posting your "deal finds", just like clockwork...

What difference does it make if you stop posting them anyway? You only ever post a picture of your bounty and/or a short bragging paragraph. You're completely vague on where you found the deal and how. You want the recognition of bragging and finding a deal but you've never been willing to give up your "golden goose" as you put it.

So even if people wanted to use your methods (whatever they might be) you've never given enough information for anyone else to follow. You want to keep your secrets but you want everyone to fawn over your finds, you can't have it both ways.

Yeah but then we all bitch and moan when TRU asks for your ID to do a return and keeps track. I wonder why stores are becoming assholes to it!
Exactly

I provided the DPCI as well as the price...that should be more than sufficient to determine the store chain and the path to acquisition. Beyond that, well, I don't suffer invalids, fools, and the mentally deficient. I don't do handholding.

I have shared my methods with the long timers who I am on good terms with, but not with those that don't say the magic word. And most assuredly not with the cunts.

Meh.

My Walmarts are starting to catch up to what others have reported. Never thought I'd turn away a Star Wars set at 50% off but I did with the rebel troop transport. Emma's House at $35 seemed like such a better value (which brings me back to the baffling conclusion that Friends is one of my favorite lines).

So far Walmart is killing Target clearance around me this summer, just because Target seems more mainstream for the deal hunting crowd. Good stuff doesn't last at 30%.

I went a little crazy today at my Kmart. They finally marked toys down to 50 percent off and I had coupons as well. I was able to finish getting the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy sets as well as some Monster minifigures and Lego City high speed chase (because dirtbikes!). 

Stopped by Toys R us and they had some series 16 out but this lady was occupying the whole side wing and bought most of them.  They did have the ghost rider set though so that was exciting. 

I'm not sure if shipping would kill it or not but If you guys want me to look for anything for you at my Kmart I'm more than happy to. Like I said -everything is 50 percent off now.  Just shoot me a PM.

I provided the DPCI as well as the price...that should be more than sufficient to determine the store chain and the path to acquisition. Beyond that, well, I don't suffer invalids, fools, and the mentally deficient. I don't do handholding.

I have shared my methods with the long timers who I am on good terms with, but not with those that don't say the magic word. And most assuredly not with the cunts.

I provided the DPCI as well as the price...that should be more than sufficient to determine the store chain. I don't handhold
:rofl:

I'm not sure if shipping would kill it or not but If you guys want me to look for anything for you at my Kmart I'm more than happy to. Like I said -everything is 50 percent off now. Just shoot me a PM.
What do they still have in stock? I'm still trying to get a Diver boat for 50%+ off (because of shipping).

I think you'll have an easier time getting big daddy to go straight.
I'll go straight for a free Ghostbuster HQ. However I still don't think I would ever touch karkyo.

Is there a hetro for hundred$ like there is 'gay for pay'?

Brickseek was showing a store close to me with the Carnage vs Miles set for $5. I did an online order for store pick up. Lady at the counter had a hard time finding the small Lego box, but I got it eventually.

In case anyone was still wondering, my card was charged the online price, but I later received an email saying I was gonna get a refund for the in store price difference.

It's not via return/rebuy - I don't bother with that method at all (and haven't in at least a year, possibly two at this point) given as you stated, RedvsBlue, the odds of failure and the excess time, gas, and hassle. My purchases and methods are 100% legitimate, though I really shouldn't bother notifying CAG of these deals and 'bragging' so as not to risk killing the golden goose, so to speak.
delete your account

I provided the DPCI as well as the price...that should be more than sufficient to determine the store chain. I don't handhold
delete your account

I went a little crazy today at my Kmart. They finally marked toys down to 50 percent off and I had coupons as well. I was able to finish getting the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy sets as well as some Monster minifigures and Lego City high speed chase (because dirtbikes!).

Stopped by Toys R us and they had some series 16 out but this lady was occupying the whole side wing and bought most of them. They did have the ghost rider set though so that was exciting.

I'm not sure if shipping would kill it or not but If you guys want me to look for anything for you at my Kmart I'm more than happy to. Like I said -everything is 50 percent off now. Just shoot me a PM.
If I had any disposable income left right now, I'd ask for GotG sets (if they had all of them), and what kind of SW sets they had...but, alas, I am broke from LEGO clearance finds...

Man, I got no reason to spend the 75 bucks but that double decker bus is one of the better freebies I've seen at Lego shop in a long time. 

Hmm...very tempted to order the new VW Beetle and London Bus. Are they doing any double points promos this month?

ETA: Just saw the double points are only on 70952 and 70593

So I made a list of mini figure extras I have...
(Some I'll probably keep like the British soldier.)

Series 4
Gay soldier

Japanese princess

Series 5

Grandma

British soldier
Dwarf
Boxer
Clown
Graduation

Series 6
Butcher
EBE
Doctor
Robot

Series 7
Rock woman
Human Space person

Series 8
Skier
Alien Queen
Fairy

Series 9
Forrest woman x4
Two Face x2

Roller Derby

Cyclops

Chicken

Roller Skater
Alien

Series 10
Baseball
Paint Baller

Series 11
Welder
Islander x2

Diner woman x2
Scarecrow x2
Grandma
Female doctor
Yeti x2
Elf
Mt. climber
Gingerbreadman

Series 13
Hot dog guy

Minifigures I really want...

Pig suit guy -12
Unicorn -12
Devil King -13

Maybes...

Wizard - 12

Princess - 12

Skunk - 15
Farmer -15

Knight - 15
Crutches - 15 (I like the banana torso)
Weird legged creature - 15

I can't think anything that I'd want that would be available at a discount. Everything is probably too old (Riddler Chase, Gorilla Grodd, Man-Bat Attack) or too new (Airport Battle)

For Minifigures I need from the Lego Movie:  Shakespeare and the cat lady..    For Disney I need  Buzz, Alien,  MR. incredible, and Aladdin.  Anybody have these?  I can maybe help with series 13 and 16.   

bread's done
Back