LEGO Deals 3

Nope, you were very late to the party. Some were better than others. However the Gingerbread House and this years 'ornament' are the best.

3300014 40082
​40083
​40106
​40107
Lol I forgot actually had two of those, gave one to a niece as a stocking stuffer. Ugh, it would be fun to collect these but Train, House, and this years Ornament are all double the piece count of the older set and would make great little decorations in their own right. The others... not so much.

I don't buy LEGO to get a free set, however even the Gingerbread House got me to almost spend $100 just to get it.

And I have a feeling the Death Star will be 'updated' with 8 figures instead of 20-something and cost $100 more. ;)

I check craigslist every once and awhile because there is nothing ever there. Currently there is a Chima set and the newest City Police Station for 20% off, never mind they are currently cheaper on Amazon.

However I came across this lot. I wish they were closer because I'm never in that section but it has a mainly complete modular fire station and pet shop set, with VW bus by the looks of it. What do yo think I should offer?

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/tag/5731988409.html

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing I have experienced, that it's either someone who thinks a $20 set is worth $50 because they don't see it in Target anymore, or that it's only worth like $50 when it's really worth $500.

I no matter what I say it is probably gone. The problem with western mass is the scalpers are QUICK and I'm not sure when I'd be able to meet them. 

That's the thing I have experienced, that it's either someone who thinks a $20 set is worth $50 because they don't see it in Target anymore, or that it's only worth like $50 when it's really worth $500.

I no matter what I say it is probably gone. The problem with western mass is the scalpers are QUICK and I'm not sure when I'd be able to meet them.
You better get it before encendido5 beats you to it,

Too late, little old lady sold it all to me earlier for $100!

J/k, that's too far out west for me. Did you email them GG? I'll go half in on the lot with you 😀

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Too late, little old lady sold it all to me earlier for $100!

J/k, that's too far out west for me. Did you email them GG? I'll go half in on the lot with you

Nope. I have no way to get to that little town, so there is no point.

Are there a lot of counterfeit lego sets out there?  My nephew wants the Millennium Falcon set (75105) for his bday and I'm thinking of going through ebay to save a few bucks, is there anything I need to look for so I don't get a bootleg set?  Are there even bootleg sets?  Would I be better off just buying it at a retail store so I know it's real? 

I know this isn't a deal but I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

Are there a lot of counterfeit lego sets out there? My nephew wants the Millennium Falcon set (75105) for his bday and I'm thinking of going through ebay to save a few bucks, is there anything I need to look for so I don't get a bootleg set? Are there even bootleg sets? Would I be better off just buying it at a retail store so I know it's real?

I know this isn't a deal but I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.
If you're buying a new set, you should be fine buying on eBay. The only counterfeit stuff I've seen so far are the minifigures.

That said, I would gladly pay money for a counterfeit UCS MF :)

So it looks confirmed the new Death Star is a refresh/rebrand of the old one. WIth 200 more pieces they must have optimized a few things but it's a shame they couldn't get a little more creative.

79213-LELE-Falcon-Marvel-star-wars-minifigures-starwars-model-kits-LEPIN-05007-Millennium-Falcon-Force-awakens.jpg

I guess if I had to describe a Star Wart, this is what I would imagine.

If you're buying a new set, you should be fine buying on eBay. The only counterfeit stuff I've seen so far are the minifigures.

That said, I would gladly pay money for a counterfeit UCS MF :)

I saw that one on ebay, I can't believe how much it's going for. I wish I bought a few

79213-LELE-Falcon-Marvel-star-wars-minifigures-starwars-model-kits-LEPIN-05007-Millennium-Falcon-Force-awakens.jpg

I guess if I had to describe a Star Wart, this is what I would imagine.
I can't tell if you're serious since that's a copy of the Lego midi-scale Falcon.

I'm bookmarking that page. Have you seen any reviews on the stuff? Maybe I'll start with the $25 Tie Fighter to see how they hold together.

I actually ordered these for $2 or $3 total:

http://mybrickstore.blogspot.com/2015/12/dargo-867-lego-star-wars-force-awakens.html

Quality isn't bad, but you can definitely tell they're not Lego. Clutch power is pretty bad, but probably ok for display purposes. It's nice giving the figures to my kids though and not have to worry about them losing it though. Kylo Ren is pretty spot on.

Any chance you know where to find knockoff Delorean kits that aren't the crappy official Lego design?
Only seen MOCs for that one. Haven't seen an actual bootleg or knockoff kit for sale. Wouldn't be surprised to see LEPIN do one, but it will look very much like the LEGO one if they did.

I can't tell if you're serious since that's a copy of the Lego midi-scale Falcon.

I'm bookmarking that page. Have you seen any reviews on the stuff? Maybe I'll start with the $25 Tie Fighter to see how they hold together.

I actually ordered these for $2 or $3 total:

http://mybrickstore.blogspot.com/2015/12/dargo-867-lego-star-wars-force-awakens.html

Quality isn't bad, but you can definitely tell they're not Lego. Clutch power is pretty bad, but probably ok for display purposes. It's nice giving the figures to my kids though and not have to worry about them losing it though. Kylo Ren is pretty spot on.
Honestly quality on sets vary. Like the Ghostbusters Firehouse was solid, but I didn't think the brick quality was as great as some of the other LEPIN releases. I do prefer LEPIN for most releases compared to the other bootleggers (yes there are a few other brands). This Falcon is a preorder so no reviews on it yet to comment on quality. Of course, none of these sets are as good as LEGO quality but sometimes the price is just right when I don't feel like justifying any more for a legit set.

That Cafe Corner for ~$50 shipped is fairly tempting.
Man, now you have me looking at the knock-off Market Street, the only set I regret not getting. Resale price is ridiculous. When even a decent used set goes for over $500 at best, a $50 gamble for something that will fill out the display moves me past 'fairly' into straight up tempting territory.

I have the STAR WART Falcon knockoff thanks to a friend who went on a business trip to HK. I haven't cracked it open yet, but I'm curious--probably will soon.

I finally built the IDEAS mech suit last night-- really cool model! Nice work, guy who created that mech suit.

The Nexo Knights at Target are only 20% off online, not in store. So you would need to try to price match to get both 20% sale and the Cartwheel.

I did price match some more Cybermen because they didn't run out like the website said. The guy at costumer service was also VERY nice and cute. I think I'll make him Mr. Green Giant. ;)

You can show him your minifigure collection. :)

attachicon.gif
20160218_002352.jpg
He's much better looking than the pig, and furries (Is that what they are called?) are doing it wrong if they have that much clothing on.

Also... why do you have that picture on demand? :lol:

Also 2.0 no one is allowed to touch the LEGOs until a 3rd date, however they can touch me as much as they want before then.

He's much better looking than the pig, and furries (Is that what they are called?) are doing it wrong if they have that much clothing on.

Also... why do you have that picture on demand? :lol:

Also 2.0 no one is allowed to touch the LEGOs until a 3rd date, however they can touch me as much as they want before then.
You need to get with him ASAP so you can get the Target Team Member Discount!

Dude, furries actually do it WITH clothes on. It can be unnerving sometimes (maybe not the most kind thing to say). I went to a anime con in Ohio and they actually had to make a rule that furries weren't to hug people without asking permission first because they found out some of them were really getting off on it. Like anything else, there are probably really cool people in the community and a few assholes that give them a bad name.

I made the picture for a person that was into furries and fem-dom. I meet some interesting people.

Same rule as me!

Pricematch the 3.** Cybermen on Amazon at Walmart in-store, got 5 packs to build my army of Daleks and Cybermen. MWAHHAHA! Can't wait to have a city invasion... once the wife finishes setting it up, once she's asleep, it begins... IT BEGINS! 

...then I'm going to hide because she'll be pissed when she wakes up and random minifigures are invading.

You need to get with him ASAP so you can get the Target Team Member Discount!

Dude, furries actually do it WITH clothes on. It can be unnerving sometimes (maybe not the most kind thing to say). I went to a anime con in Ohio and they actually had to make a rule that furries weren't to hug people without asking permission first because they found out some of them were really getting off on it. Like anything else, there are probably really cool people in the community and a few assholes that give them a bad name.

I made the picture for a person that was into furries and fem-dom. I meet some interesting people.

Same rule as me!
Yeah... I don't normally care about how you get off as long as it's mainly legal, but damn... flurries are a little wacky. I remember NYCC had a sign "Cosplay doesn't mean consent'.

Glad to see someone else here has some standards around here. :)

I sent them an email after you posted the link, never heard back.
LEGO around here goes quick, or they were never really serious. Maybe it's a mom and the child pissed her off and she threatened to get rid of them. :lol:

Pricematch the 3.** Cybermen on Amazon at Walmart in-store, got 5 packs to build my army of Daleks and Cybermen. MWAHHAHA! Can't wait to have a city invasion... once the wife finishes setting it up, once she's asleep, it begins... IT BEGINS!

...then I'm going to hide because she'll be pissed when she wakes up and random minifigures are invading.
I have four Cybermen NuWho plan the same thing. However on NuWho every time some alien invaded London no one ever really seemed to notice or care as much as one should. :lol:

I have four Cybermen NuWho plan the same thing. However on NuWho every time some alien invaded London no one ever really seemed to notice or care as much as one should. :lol:
Yea. They even make it a plot device. You saw the Daleks when they invaded. I did? Oh yea, I did. Despite it being what would have been the scariest shit ever. I guess there's too many alien invasions that no one cares any more.

I ordered 3 more packs of cybermen, so I have 5 packs too. Heh. Don't know what I'm doing with all these Daleks.

Yea. They even make it a plot device. You saw the Daleks when they invaded. I did? Oh yea, I did. Despite it being what would have been the scariest shit ever. I guess there's too many alien invasions that no one cares any more.

I ordered 3 more packs of cybermen, so I have 5 packs too. Heh. Don't know what I'm doing with all these Daleks.
I need one more pack of Cyberman to give me five, four will just look weird. Odds are better.

But what gets me is in the first few seasons of NuWho they acted like every invasion never happened, that the people of London don't believe in UFOs. The current show runner just goes "Oh yeah, aliens' or whatever to make the plot of the week somewhat work, but, Davis I think his name was just acted that his weekly innovations of London were all the first and people never knew / saw aliens before.

Yeah... I don't normally care about how you get off as long as it's mainly legal, but damn... flurries are a little wacky. I remember NYCC had a sign "Cosplay doesn't mean consent'.
Nobody needs non-consensual yiffing... that's what they call it, isn't it? In any case, I think those signs were more directed toward ceepers making unwanted sexual advances on women cosplaying as various sexy characters.

Any of y'all have good recommendations for third-party minifigs? I was at the Boston comiccon last weekend and a bunch of booths had various Marvel, DC, and Star Wars knock-offs which got me thinking that some Star Trek TNG minifigs would be cool. I just want to avoid any that are obviously fake with Megablock-like gaps/ill-fitting or misshapen parts.

Nobody needs non-consensual yiffing... that's what they call it, isn't it? In any case, I think those signs were more directed toward ceepers making unwanted sexual advances on women cosplaying as various sexy characters.

Any of y'all have good recommendations for third-party minifigs? I was at the Boston comiccon last weekend and a bunch of booths had various Marvel, DC, and Star Wars knock-offs which got me thinking that some Star Trek TNG minifigs would be cool. I just want to avoid any that are obviously fake with Megablock-like gaps/ill-fitting or misshapen parts.
aliexpress, search for minifigures. or superhero minifigures. star wars minifigures, so on. They're going to be a lot cheaper than at a comiccon, and you'll have an idea of what they look like from the site.

Also worst I've had is missing parts, contact the seller, they send an entire new figure for free or refund you generally.

My point wasn't that Furries are more freakish than others, my point was more a few assholes wreck a good time for everyone else. Keep your furry hands off someone unless they say okay.

aliexpress, search for minifigures. or superhero minifigures. star wars minifigures, so on. They're going to be a lot cheaper than at a comiccon, and you'll have an idea of what they look like from the site.

Also worst I've had is missing parts, contact the seller, they send an entire new figure for free or refund you generally.
I was about to pull the trigger on a Green Grocer and noticed that none come with a box. Certainly not a deal breaker for 60 bucks but I was wondering if that's common in your experience. One seller had a box but was 200 bucks and thats not in the spirit of paying bottom dollar on the few sets I don't think I'll ever get through ebay.

From the small amount of research I've done, it seems most sellers sell the sets without the box to save on shipping. They just stuff the parts in a padded envelope and send it along.

I bought some of the military sets Enlighten makes several years ago, and none of them were boxed. Quality was better than expected, not as good as Legos but better than Megablocks or those Transformers sets.

Anyone order a suicide squad joker custom from eBay? Wondering about the quality. I ordered one but it says it can be delivered anytime between now and oct 5. Was only $2.25 shipped so I figure I can't complain

Noticed the Spiderman bridge set is $80 at TRU this week.

They are also having a build event (Cap. America mosaic) this Sat.

Also found a Civil War Cap w/Motorcycle polybag at Target.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00HX14C7Q/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I'm tempted by this Simpsons house for about $157.00 but the seller name and just launched tag next to it has my spider senses tingling. The seller is Ossales and they have other legit items on their Amazon site. I think I will pass but if anyone else would like to take the plunge please share your results
Don't know how easy it will be or if you are near but rumor is the Lego stores will likely start clearancing some this year for 40% off. I feel like those sets (the house and Kwik-E-Mart) were over produced and have been put on sale from time to time.

Don't know how easy it will be or if you are near but rumor is the Lego stores will likely start clearancing some this year for 40% off. I feel like those sets (the house and Kwik-E-Mart) were over produced and have been put on sale from time to time.
Thanks for the info. That is good to know. I would like both sets but the $199.99 price tag has made it hard to pull the trigger. The nearest lego store to me is about an hour and a half away so I will probably need to wait for an online sale. Buffalo needs a lego store!

Noticed the Spiderman bridge set is $80 at TRU this week.
Amazon has price matched TRU on this and target will too if you have them look it up in store.
I have a $10 off $75 purchase coupon for TRU that expires this week so I'm gonna go that route. The coupon isn't supposed to stack with the sale price but I read a member on another forum said that it does work.

bread's done
Back