LEGO Deals 3

I found the T-Rex JW set on clearance for $49 at a local Target tonight. I went ahead and bought one of the two left on the shelf. Decent price, I guess? The Indomitus Rex set shelf tag had a clearance marker on it, too, but there were none left for me to see what that was marked down to-- 30% off, I assume.

Are these very common on clearance these days?
Yeah I've been keeping an eye on the T. rex set and one store in my area has a dozen marked down to $49 according to BrickSeek. Gonna keep an eye on them. The stores in my area put the Indominus set on clearance months ago but some stores still have them at full price too. I got one for Father's Day so I stopped looking. May be worth keeping an eye on BrickSeek on
Speaking of Jurassic world, a buddy of mine is selling his complete, looses JW collection for $300. All I want is the T. rex and raptors from the Escape set. If anyone else is interested in the rest of the lot, let me know.

I picked up the seasonal vampire at the Lego store the other day

I'm going to try and get the 10"x10" baseplates locally. I want to put them in picture frames and hang some on the wall. It will be nice to let the kids build their own pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Massive Target.com sale right now. 20-40% off some City, Minecraft, Nexo. Not everything is marked, so click on what you want and it might be more on sale. (This seemed to have been fixed, but the website is still garbage and not everything is cataloged correctly / well.)

And some Super Hero things. Honestly if there is a certain set you want, search, the Target Website is a horrible mess, even worse than LEGO.com

But the Rhino and Sandman set is like $25, Iron Skull Sub is $20ish, The blue van and camper set is $12, The Cave Minecraft is $11.19, Police Stations are $58ish, the Trains are ~$95 and $105. It's hard to list everything. Old Nexo Knights were 20% off, so they are an additional 20% off.

Massive Target.com sale right now. 20-40% off some City, Minecraft, Nexo. Not everything is marked, so click on what you want and it might be more on sale. (This seemed to have been fixed, but the website is still garbage and not everything is cataloged correctly / well.)

And some Super Hero things. Honestly if there is a certain set you want, search, the Target Website is a horrible mess, even worse than LEGO.com

But the Rhino and Sandman set is like $25, Iron Skull Sub is $20ish, The blue van and camper set is $12, The Cave Minecraft is $11.19, Police Stations are $58ish, the Trains are ~$95 and $105. It's hard to list everything. Old Nexo Knights were 20% off, so they are an additional 20% off.
They're in the online ad if you click details.

Massive Target.com sale right now. 20-40% off some City, Minecraft, Nexo. Not everything is marked, so click on what you want and it might be more on sale.

And soem Super Hero things. Honestly if there is a certain set you want, search, the Target Website is a horrible mess, even worse than LEGO.com

But the Rhino and Sandman set is like $25, Red skull Sub is $20ish, The blue van and camper set is $12, The Cave Minecraft is $11.19, Police Stations are $58ish, the Trains are ~$95 and $105. It's hard to list everything. Old Nexo Knights were 20% off, so they are an additional 20% off.
Thanks, not sure if my wallet will appreciate this but I had been watching the police station for awhile and this is a nice price. Plus I don't need to drive around.

Thanks, not sure if my wallet will appreciate this but I had been watching the police station for awhile and this is a nice price. Plus I don't need to drive around.
The station or the island one? I have the station, it looks really nice, but i haven't built it. I got it for $54, but with Red Card the extra few dollars would have saved me the trouble of walking 2.5 miles with it. :lol: I just wish I had the money, still want the trains, the Island Prison and several smaller minifigure packs. So far I only ordered the Camper and van, the Spiderman mini, and the Minecraft farm 9I will take any farm I can get).

The station or the island one? I have the station, it looks really nice, but i haven't built it. I got it for $54, but with Red Card the extra few dollars would have saved me the trouble of walking 2.5 miles with it. :lol: I just wish I had the money, still want the trains, the Island Prison and several smaller minifigure packs. So far I only ordered the Camper and van, the Spiderman mini, and the Minecraft farm 9I will take any farm I can get).
It was the police station. It looks like it has some nice play elements and it's pretty big. The island one looked intriguing but I figured I did enough damage for the day. The camper and van also looks pretty nice. Maybe later in the week.

Ugh, I really want that Nexo giant mobile castle. 70 bucks is a decent discount considering I never see clearance anymore. I'll have to think about it but thanks for the heads up.

Yea, I've been buying stuff at 30%+ off nowadays, since most things don't make it past 30% clearance around here anyways.

That's why I bought the Spider-Man bridge set a couple weeks back.

Yea, I've been buying stuff at 30%+ off nowadays, since most things don't make it past 30% clearance around here anyways.

That's why I bought the Spider-Man bridge set a couple weeks back.
I have a Red Card and if I buy the stuff now I don't have to pay for it until November 7th or 8th. Plus I could return it if I find a better deal between now and like January 7th (120 days).

Yikes. I came across the prices of the older series of mini figures.... damn. I should just find a fucking box and wait a few years, much more reliable than the stock market.

In 2012 I bought series 7 online being I was living on an island. I paid $44 plus $8 for shipping, $51 total. Now they are almost $200!

I picked up the Lego Movie Secret Police Dropship from Kmart on clearance. It was the last one.  This Kmart only had clearance marked down by 30% so I was a little annoyed because another store nearby was 40% off. On the plus side, my shop your way rewards coupon of $15 dollars off a $40 dollar purchase worked despite the fine print that clearly states that clearance was excluded.  I left happy.  They also had the T-Rex tracker set but I was not interested. This was the Kmart in West Seneca

Barnes and Noble started their 50% off Clearance. Found a Lego City Cops and Robbers set for 1/2 off. (3.50)
Good to hear. I'll check mine out though it used to have tons of really old Ninjago and Star Wars but I recently noticed it was gone so I'm not sure if they are returning it or had a stealth clearance.

I still have a box of the series with Mr. Gold. Unopened.
How does that work as far as chances of getting a Gold? Were they ever officially accounted for? I don't remember and I know it's one of if not the most valuable minifig ever publicly released. Checking ebay though there's certainly no shortage of knockoffs.

How does that work as far as chances of getting a Gold? Were they ever officially accounted for? I don't remember and I know it's one of if not the most valuable minifig ever publicly released. Checking ebay though there's certainly no shortage of knockoffs.
There's only like 500 or 1000 or something total. So it's a very tiny chance. I don't expect to see one in my box.

I bought a box back then because the Missus's mom used to ask us to get a full set from us. But she ended up owing us too much money so we stopped. And it just ended up unopened.

I picked up the Lego Movie Secret Police Dropship from Kmart on clearance. It was the last one. This Kmart only had clearance marked down by 30% so I was a little annoyed because another store nearby was 40% off. On the plus side, my shop your way rewards coupon of $15 dollars off a $40 dollar purchase worked despite the fine print that clearly states that clearance was excluded. I left happy. They also had the T-Rex tracker set but I was not interested. This was the Kmart in West Seneca
I was in a Kmart yesterday, the 40% off ended on Sunday I'm pretty sure based on tags the shelf had. There were some 40% off tags, but the date said it was over on them. This week is another 30% week.

I think it's 1,000 or 10,000 Mr. Gold's, the TRU near me had one. I still think it's one of the worst in the whole line, and I wish he was a normal minifigure so you couldn't just feel for his top hat.

Still, the prices are shocking. I should probably get another set of Disney being there won't be one next year.

I was in a Kmart yesterday, the 40% off ended on Sunday I'm pretty sure based on tags the shelf had. There were some 40% off tags, but the date said it was over on them. This week is another 30% week.
That's such an odd clearance method. It is Kmart though so I should expect that. Thanks for the info

Some news from Eurobricks. In-between pages of fucking useless 'What color is the series 17 bags?", like really, there was some awesome NEXO Knight news....

The Action sets are actually called Battle Suits. They're really neat little mechs using the Mixel joints. They all use a specialized torso piece that can open from the front and have the figure inside. Their heads pop out the top. They all come with bigger versions of their weapons, so like Axl has a new axe piece for his suit and Clay has a bigger version of his sword used for his suit. They all also come with a new triangle shield (a shape that will be used a lot throughout next year's theme) that can hold 3 NEXO Powers .

Now, Combo NEXO Powers actually is mystery Nexo Powers! That was a lucky guess on my part, you get 5 mystery NEXO Powers in a bag, 35 in total to collect. Every bag comes with the triangle shield that has clips on each side so you can combine them with others, thus COMBINE YOUR POWER! The boxes are similar to the Ultimate ones but wider.

Some news from Eurobricks. In-between pages of fucking useless 'What color is the series 17 bags?", like really, there was some awesome NEXO Knight news....
I'm all for Lego action figures that don't suck but from what I saw of the Nexo Knights game all the shield power crap is pretty trivial since the game is pretty bad to begin with. Are there plans to use that stuff in another (maybe non phone) game that doesn't suck?

I'm all for Lego action figures that don't suck but from what I saw of the Nexo Knights game all the shield power crap is pretty trivial since the game is pretty bad to begin with. Are there plans to use that stuff in another (maybe non phone) game that doesn't suck?
No probably not, there will most likely be just even more shields.

I don't know how the shields work but I think a NEXO Knights game, or a Dimensions level would be a good idea.

No probably not, there will most likely be just even more shields.

I don't know how the shields work but I think a NEXO Knights game, or a Dimensions level would be a good idea.
I would have loved dearly Nexo Knights in Dimensions 2, we're getting Lego City but that's been mined pretty well. I think most Dimensions season 2 people are serious lego fans and not casual gamers that would have forgiven blatant product "synergy". Hell, I'd by a Friends level pack that was around Heartlake High. That's right, Heartlake High, I'm not ashamed.

I saw some of the lego clearance at barnes and noble today. They had the lego city police station I just bought for 50% so it would have been $50. They had a lot of ninjago stuff. The biggest set was the final flight of destiny's bounty. 

I heard you could search stock on BN.com and request in store pick up and get the clearance price when you pick it up. I haven't tried it but others have reported it working. 

Friends or Disney Princesses should absolutely have Dimensions levels. It is Lego's longtime stereotyping of girls that prevents them from seeing the obvious appeal them.

Friends or Disney Princesses should absolutely have Dimensions levels. It is Lego's longtime stereotyping of girls that prevents them from seeing the obvious appeal them.
Or the fact that until three months ago Disney had it's own Toys to Life (Or games to life) and that would prevent everything Disney from being on Dimensions, just like Star Wars and Marvel.

That said LEGO is still insanely sexist. (Looking at you Women Scientist set that was available for a day.)

And I got a Doctor Who Level set for $8.50 on AWD, along with Star Wars by William Shakespeare for my grandma for Christmas and a Fredrick Douglass book to get free shipping. It completes my Doctor Who collection! Plus if I buy a NX and Dimensions then I have an extra level! :)

But isn't it sexist to say girls have to only like the Friends and Princesses?

I've seen little girls getting "boy" Legos.

Personally, I'm wondering why most of the Friends ones have to be dollhouse-like. I liked the pop star sets for that reason -- the less "girly" colors, and more playset than dollhouse.

Looks like the latest Lego Ideas set (Caterham) comes out in October for $80 (770 pcs)

http://jalopnik.com/this-adorably-tiny-lego-caterham-620r-is-a-thing-you-ne-1786670216

http://brickset.com/article/23541/event-report-21307-caterham-seven-620r-media-launch

21307-2.jpg

In other news, Lego is offering free shipping on all orders to "celebrate" the launch of their new site.

That Caterham model looks pretty cool, but the price is typically absurd.  Looks like a $39.99 or $49.99 MSRP at most Creator/Technic.

But isn't it sexist to say girls have to only like the Friends and Princesses?

I've seen little girls getting "boy" Legos.

Personally, I'm wondering why most of the Friends ones have to be dollhouse-like. I liked the pop star sets for that reason -- the less "girly" colors, and more playset than dollhouse.
I think part of the reason is that when Lego was testing out the new products with kids, they noticed that while boys liked to build and play outside the "house", girls liked to build and play inside the "house". So for example, they gave the kids a castle set and a bunch of parts to build whatever they wanted. The boys built vehicles and had battles on the outside. The girls spent their time filling in the inside the castle.

I found the source:

https://consumerist.com/2016/05/26/5-things-we-learned-about-legos-boy-girl-lines/

I only remembered the affinity to accessories, thus the mini-dolls. But I read it back before the Friends line even launched, so I didn't even realize back then they would look like dollhouses.

So... did the Pop Star theme sell really poorly then? Was I the only one buying it?

I only remembered the affinity to accessories, thus the mini-dolls. But I read it back before the Friends line even launched, so I didn't even realize back then they would look like dollhouses.

So... did the Pop Star theme sell really poorly then? Was I the only one buying it?
I bought one of the sets when it was clearance at Walmart. I don't have sales numbers but I noticed the friends and pop star stuff doesn't disappear from clearance as fast as the super hero or lego city stuff

bread's done
Back