LEGO Deals 3

$2.50 for essentially a polybag with video game bonus is a nice deal
Yeah that's how I figure it. Even though I don't need Chima things, might as well add to the collection for 75% off... just like the rest of the theme.

I wonder if we will get more NinjaGo Dimensions with the movie next year. Still no Nexo ones is very odd to me.

And the Holiday Toy Shop is $60 on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015OYWEBO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bargainwatchusa-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B015OYWEBO

I wanted to point out that Five Below had 4 boxes of very heavily pick over Series 16, the newest one. However I know there are people here looking for the Disney ones. They had an almost new box of Disney near the front of the store.

Would anyone care to speculate on the chances that TRU will do another 2 for $5 on minifigures before Xmas?
They didn't seem to do them for a couple years, but last year they did to get rid of the Simpsons and Monsters themes that didn't seem to sell well. I could see a 2 for $6 for sure with a limit of 4.

i just found some xbox live cards.  $40.00 total.  i am looking to trade for some legos.  Just send a list of what you have or if you have something else.  i will send first of course just in case the codes dont work, but only if you get repped by someone else on this board.  

also, ordered the winter toy shop.  that is a good price on amazon.  i already bought the train, and got the free advent box.  feel happy with my purchases today.  thanks for posting that Green!  

i just found some xbox live cards. $40.00 total. i am looking to trade for some legos. Just send a list of what you have or if you have something else. i will send first of course just in case the codes dont work, but only if you get repped by someone else on this board.

also, ordered the winter toy shop. that is a good price on amazon. i already bought the train, and got the free advent box. feel happy with my purchases today. thanks for posting that Green!
Half of what I have, need to organize better, will do the rest next time I go on vacation. Have another rack set up that I need to fill up.

https://flic.kr/p/NnRpCA]
30439697726_1c2489e287_c.jpg

You want a picture of my wifes unopened legos? :/

One day I'm stacking all of her damn boxes... I don't want to know how many there are now. More keep appearing -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
AWD has some plane sets one sale.

First is the limo and private jet for $32, normally $50 (But really $40 at most stores.)
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Airport-60102-Service-Building/dp/B01CU9WX3A/ref=sr_1_18?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1477136877&sr=1-18&keywords=lego

Next up is the Air Show set, normally $90 for $62. I like this and if I had the money or a credit card I'd get it.
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Airport-60103-Building-Piece/dp/B01CU9WX3K/ref=sr_1_29?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1477136900&sr=1-29&keywords=lego

The big grey baseplate is also $10.79, new not AWD.

Target has a few Cartwheel discounts for the following Lego Lines:

20% off Lego Super Heroes

20% off Lego City

20% off Lego Minecraft

20% off Lego Duplo

YMMV with combining it with pricematches (per store policy, pricematch and cartwheel discounts can't be combined, however the register allows it automatically) and/or the $10 off $50/$25 off 100 Toys/Games purchases Target coupons which also expire today ("excludes Lego and Cards Against Humanity", however the coupon works automatically on Lego). 

Thanks Karkyco.    I didn't know the coupon was working with Legos.

Picked up Spider-Man Bridge Battle and the Airport Battle sets...price matched for $79.99 and $63.99 respectively.  After cartwheel and $25 off $100 Toy coupon total came to $90.18.

Thanks Karkyco. I didn't know the coupon was working with Legos.

Picked up Spider-Man Bridge Battle and the Airport Battle sets...price matched for $79.99 and $63.99 respectively. After cartwheel and $25 off $100 Toy coupon total came to $90.18.
Yeah this is one time I didn't even read the fine print exclusions when I used it earlier this week (
stumbled across 3 of the old Lego City Police Stations 60047 204-00-1247 on the Lego aisle at a store, scanning out of the system/item not found. No clearance stickers, nothing. Just in the spot they used to be by the Fire Station and other large City sets. Last price was $33.88 each on them so just barely hit the minimum threshold on the $25 off $100 coupon - now I'm tempted to take the receipt in and see if I can get an additional 20% off via today's Cartwheel discount for a truly insane deal
), particularly since they had signage for the coupon directly on Lego endcaps and in the Lego aisle. I just figured it included everything this time. Not surprising as they almost always exclude Lego, despite it almost always working on them. It doesn't work on Lego online though.

Some of the smaller sets with great minifigs are cheaper online as well - Ghost Rider and Spidey vs. Hobgoblin is $15.99, and Harley Quinn vs. Batman is the same. I'm planning on getting same sets you got but probably also those two. Maybe a couple more so I can make two purchases and use both coupons.

Was looking through this old 1980 idea book and.came across some SNOT. I don't think I've seen them use that technique in any official sets back then?

9bfcb3e437fcc23944077d975261f1bc.jpg

abb3b0d4bdf71ff23ef7ccd5aa408ab9.jpg

Check out the the yellow horse(?). Isn't that an illegal connection now?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I have that Ideas book somewhere.  Love the car fender piece used as the elephant's ears.  And yeah, absolutely illegal nowadays, you can get banned from the FoL Society, Lego Club or Club Lego or whatever it is. Even though that's the way (more or less - I think the mouth was a flat 1x2 tile instead of a 1x2 brick) the original (yellow) Castle line's horses were.  Check out Joffrey and Sansa enjoying the joust.  I gotta put these two sets back together and see about getting some repro labels for the shields, "armor", walls and stiff flags.  I don't think most of the original sticker labels from my 375 have survived.  IIRC, the joust set's figs had pre-painted on torso pieces, not stickers.  And 14 minifigs came with that first castle, I can't believe it.  I think there was one other early knight's line set, maybe a set of 5 minifigs or some cart being pulled by a knight.

375-2.jpg

383-2.jpg

This one day only deal at Target with the overlapping Cartwheel + Target coupon + target.com prices is sweet if you can get it.  The register allows both the Cartwheel and the coupons automatically (as long as it meets the $100 or $50 threshold for the coupon and the particular Lego lines for the Cartwheel).  

I had a CSR that was totally fine with stacking them all - "as long as it works with the register, it's fine", including the "pricematch" to target.com (I showed the employees in guest services that their own Target app is showing the target.com price as the price of the items in that store...of course you have to disable location tracking in the Target app otherwise the app "knows" you are in the local store and displays the "local" in store price whether browsing target.com or the store).  They let me ring up individual bundles so I put together 4 bundles of a little over $100 in sets that qualified for the Cartwheel discounts - all of the sets that had significantly lower online prices. 

Quick and dirty calculations are that all in, the sets are a bit over half off the online prices.  The closer you get to the max discount of 25% off via the $25 off $100 (i.e. get it as close to >$100 as possible), the better the % off:

.95(.8(.75(Online Price, when bundle total is as close to $100 as possible) = .57 x Online Price.

Anybody interested in 5974 Galactic Enforcer?  It's missing about 6 pieces and a police minifigure (thought I may be able to find a replacement in my pounds of unsorted brick).  No box, but it has the manuals and an unused sticker sheet.  I'd rather trade it than sell it, but let me know.

5974-1.jpg

I have that Ideas book somewhere. Love the car fender piece used as the elephant's ears. And yeah, absolutely illegal nowadays, you can get banned from the FoL Society, Lego Club or Club Lego or whatever it is. Even though that's the way (more or less - I think the mouth was a flat 1x2 tile instead of a 1x2 brick) the original (yellow) Castle line's horses were. Check out Joffrey and Sansa enjoying the joust. I gotta put these two sets back together and see about getting some repro labels for the shields, "armor", walls and stiff flags. I don't think most of the original sticker labels from my 375 have survived. IIRC, the joust set's figs had pre-painted on torso pieces, not stickers. And 14 minifigs came with that first castle, I can't believe it. I think there was one other early knight's line set, maybe a set of 5 minifigs or some cart being pulled by a knight.
Did it become illegal when Lego realized it could damage the parts? That's pretty funny. I've said this before, but I wish there was an online sticker repository somewhere so you can download and print your own.

Found a copy on Brickshelf!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eebigtom/375/375_sticker_sheet.png

375_sticker_sheet.png

The week before Christmas LEGO is releasing the gingerbread man as a give-a-way with $50+ purchases. People are complaining because the FREE give-a-way isn't new and a release is fair to collectors. Honestly it amazes me how stupid people are at times. They I released people actually voted for Clinton and Trump and no one cares that one is a KKK member and the other cheater, but we need to check everyone's pants before you pee in public.

Are the Bricktober mini figures horrible? Yes, but who cares they are free!

I'm really kicking myself for not trying the Target coupon this week. I knew about the fine print but forgot Target is terrible with programming coupons correctly.

The week before Christmas LEGO is releasing the gingerbread man as a give-a-way with $50+ purchases. People are complaining because the FREE give-a-way isn't new and a release is fair to collectors. Honestly it amazes me how stupid people are at times. They I released people actually voted for Clinton and Trump and no one cares that one is a KKK member and the other cheater, but we need to check everyone's pants before you pee in public.

Are the Bricktober mini figures horrible? Yes, but who cares they are free!
This time, I am with the whiny collectors. (Well, not really, since I don't give two bricks.)

Lego shouldn't be playing both sides of the fence here. Collectors are pissed because it's not new and because it devalues the older collectible. I think that's what Lego should expect, since that's what they've trained them to expect.

Their incentives have typically been new figures (except for Revan, which was also a mistake) and really...how hard is it to make a new minifigure to get someone to spend 50-100 bucks?

How hard would it have been to make it Mrs. Gingerbread Man (er, Woman, er, whatever)? Something? Again...not terribly difficult here. Not hard to please the collectors and the newbies, if you care.

Meanwhile, Amazon has the Caterwaul...er Caterham for $65, Target and Amazon have the Toy Shop for $60.

Is that the sound of the bottom falling out?

I see shitty giveaways as money saved. I know whenever the wife wants a  promo thing, we end up dropping a lot of money at a store somewhere... bad figures means money not spent!

Lego gave away some Nexo set in September. Did they do that to piss off the resellers... I mean 'collectors'? No, they did that because they had extras around. 

Lego the last few years has done a lot of stupid shit to piss off the fanbase from dropping coupons to raising prices. They want to bring back an old minifigure then let them. You don't like it because it devalues a minifigure's price. Too damn bad. LEGO is a toy company, they can play both sides of the fence because LEGO is a toy company. Their job is to make money (while ripping us all off), and if they want to give away an older minifigure then good. 

As gearbox said. You don't like the give-a-way? Then don't buy anything! If someone missed out on that awesome minifigure now has a chance to get it. And you point out that a ton of things are already on sale, then buy it from those stores for cheaper and don't get the minifigure. Lego giving away free things, like the Advent like thing this month and the snow globe next month, is the one decent thing they still do. LEGO releasing a minifigure again does nothing to you, but bitching about it might lead to just LEGO ending free give-a-ways. It's free, they aren't always going to be giving away new things, more so the week before Christmas when people are already planning a ton of orders, this is just a little extra. But let's bitch about an extra so LEGO stops giving out anything for free.

Lego the last few years has done a lot of stupid shit to piss off the fanbase from dropping coupons to raising prices. They want to bring back an old minifigure then let them. You don't like it because it devalues a minifigure's price. Too damn bad. LEGO is a toy company, they can play both sides of the fence because LEGO is a toy company. Their job is to make money (while ripping us all off), and if they want to give away an older minifigure then good.

As gearbox said. You don't like the give-a-way? Then don't buy anything! If someone missed out on that awesome minifigure now has a chance to get it. And you point out that a ton of things are already on sale, then buy it from those stores for cheaper and don't get the minifigure. Lego giving away free things, like the Advent like thing this month and the snow globe next month, is the one decent thing they still do. LEGO releasing a minifigure again does nothing to you, but bitching about it might lead to just LEGO ending free give-a-ways. It's free, they aren't always going to be giving away new things, more so the week before Christmas when people are already planning a ton of orders, this is just a little extra. But let's bitch about an extra so LEGO stops giving out anything for free.
I'm not participating in any of their promotions, except perhaps the snow globe since that's the only thing that seems even remotely awesome. Again, I couldn't care less about the gingerbread man and it affects me exactly zero. I don't know or care about what the minifigures I have are worth. People who actually want to spend $50 to get a gingerbread person? Knock yourseves out.

The point I was trying to make is that Lego seems to be needlessly pissing away goodwill just about everywhere.

Also, if you train your customers to respond to "Buy $75 of plastic bricks NOW to get this EXCLUSIVE figure which we'll probably RUN OUT OF IMMEDIATELY" then you shouldn't be surprised when they get upset later when they magically found/made a ton of them to give away.

Sometimes I really wonder about a company that aggressively courts collectors (Assembly Square, where "cherries in garbage can" is supposed to be a "reference to a previous product" that should somehow help justify the insane $280 pricetag) and then flips them the bird.

Honestly, I'd rather they just reduce the fuck ing prices than do all the freebie crap.

As gearbox said. You don't like the give-a-way? Then don't buy anything
Exactly, as I said, money saved :p I wouldn't care if they re-released every minifigure online at $4 each and you order any you want from their entire history of figures. I'll sell things we have extra of if they're valuable, but if they devalue I don't care. We end up with extra polybags from either employees giving them to us or the quantity of stuff we get, it's not like either of us go out of our way to hoard stuff to scalp later. It all just sits in a pile until we have time to sort and go "Oh, look, extras."

Still have extra Silver Centurions bagged since I forgot to bring them to the last show we vended at :p

The point I was trying to make is that Lego seems to be needlessly pissing away goodwill just about everywhere.
You should keep trying then. LEGO is needingly pissing away goodwill because they are giving away a free minifigure? Really?

How dare you LEGO give away free things! How dare you! :lol:

I find it more annoying that they give away stuff that sells out in 6 hours, but I'm even more annoyed when they do that with sets (looking at you Mars Rover).

At least we all agree about the fact instead of stupid giveaways they should just worry about pricing, and making sure there are enough sets without quality issues.

What set are you talking about? The new set is $280, or about $70 more than the UK price. The modulars in the UK have been 120 and 133 Pounds the last few years.
Actually at this point I'm not sure :whistle2:k at the 120 rate it's about 146 USD which is close to our MSRP. Not sure about VAT. I do get that Lego has been gouging for years. I won't even buy SW sets for that reason. That said, I still don't see the rising costs that people in the thread seem upset with. It seems like the 10 cents per piece rule has been in play for sets for years combined with minifig count, uniqueness, and unique pieces exclusive to the set.

TIL: There are ILLEGAL LEGO CONNECTIONS.

Also, thanks for pointing out the online sale for the Ghost Rider set. Been wanting that one a LOT.

I saw two Cinderella's Romantic Castle sets marked down to $50 at a local Target the other night. Originally $73 I believe. Anyone need one?

Also, thanks for pointing out the online sale for the Ghost Rider set. Been wanting that one a LOT.

I saw two Cinderella's Romantic Castle sets marked down to $50 at a local Target the other night. Originally $73 I believe. Anyone need one?
You should be able to score them for even less, I recall through the various clearance cycles they hit low $20's at some stores...IIRC $23.98.

They are normally $56 at Target.com and the MSRP is $70.

You can for adult night.  The best parts for adults are the sculptures and city setups. My "son's" favorite part is the minifigure trading with the employees.  If you see someone with a cool minifig, you can ask them to trade.  Last time we traded five or so minifigs.  

This is what they have at the Boston Legoland:

29941992640_cb24f9570a_c.jpg

29608890983_b77061310b_c.jpg

30123633402_cfbe0921e0_c.jpg

30123678312_80eb578220_c.jpg

30203873456_046d75531a_c.jpg

That's cool. I wish I was closer to a LEGO Store now for the free minifigure trade in. I have some badly treated ones fro the 80s I want to replace.

So last week it was the Toy Shop for 25% off. Sadly Target is OOS now so the price is back to $80. However the Santa Shop is $55 which is 22% off.

So... going to a LEGO Land discovery center tomorrow for "adult night"... anything I should keep an eye out for that's at em?
I kinda hate the one in Atlanta to be honest. The mini land is the best thing by far IMO. There's a simple laser ride and a basic tilt-a-whirl thing. Otherwise it's pretty beat up building sections and a jungle gym that is not for adults. There's a few 4D movies though and even the crap ones that launched with the center were pretty good. I heard the Lego Movie ones are much better. Remember to take your VIP card because they'll give you a 5% discount on items from the store if you present it. I used to just say I was (because it was true and the card's kinda dumb) but I believe they have to ask to see "evidence" now.

Got the Lego city service truck from target.com while it was on sale last week, red card savings and free shipping to boot!

Still been chipping away at the Disney castle and doing a few bags a night this week, almost done. Hoping to finish tomorrow night since I'll be in Disneyland on Saturday!

Oh and apparently Tuesday Morning is supposed to have the Lego Pirates Soldiers Fort set for $12.99 (original $29.99) starting this Sunday

Wife got the Ghostbusters Firehouse tonight at the event, I got a plush green and red dragon that was styled after the old knights one... nostalgia bit me in the ass on that. I uh... liked that we got free pop? Overall it wasn't that special to me, but she loved it. Then again, she is more of the LEGO fan than I am. A lot of Detroit landmarks in their mini city thing. 

I was more impressed by Rainforest Cafe. That was fun... but I like eating.

The Rogue Shadow has caused me to fall into a bit of a hole as far as collecting goes. I have immediately went into collecting retired ships.

Earlier this week, I bought Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter for $6 (missing Plo and his astromech) and Anakin's yellow Jedi Starfighter for $12. Now, I'm kind of annoyed that I'm having a hard time finding Mace and Saesee's ships for less than $20 each. I don't even necessarily want the minifigs. I just want more ships at this point.

This part isn't Lego is it? I've thrown away some pieces before thinking they weren't only to find out later they were just really old pieces.

dde9089ca29f4afa363b03b39c205247.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

You throw out non-LEGO? If that piece is being trashed I'll take it.

I don't think it's a LEGO but like you said it could be really old.

bread's done
Back