LEGO Deals 3

Yeah I saw the Santa Squad and the 60's Bats sets, they are much cheaper at aliexpress/alibaba/DHGate/eBay, as are just about all of the figs.  If you order a bunch of KOs/customs, I wouldn't worry about Lego hands because each minifig I received seemed to have at least 1 extra hand. I actually have a small ziplock with at least a couple hundred extra hands in many many colors.  Out of all of the KOs and customs I've received, and it has to be in the hundreds, only 3 were defective and they were from the "old", early manufacturers you can tell.  The issues were an Iron Man with two right arms instead of 1 left 1 right, a Spiderman missing the crotch/groin piece that connects the legs (it came with an extra left leg instead), and a missing left arm on a small Hulk.  The company sent extra replacement figs for each of them so no biggy.  

Other noticeable issues were with the earlier Avengers figs such as Thor and Captain America having a lot of pink on their face/off coloring, small Hulk's hairpiece covering his eyes making him look like a green Beatnik, and some slightly off color/coloration issues with various figs.

You can also get the actual large Dinos and even the Rancor Pit monster from sellers I've seen on aliexpress/alibaba/DHGate, but they are too expensive for my taste.  If they were $5-10 each shipped sure I'd get them but they were at least $15-20+ a piece, nope!

EDIT: just found these, gonna give them a shot.  Both T Rex and Indominous and the 2 brothers in gyrospheres for $22.99 shipped no tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target has most of the new sets up (All besides Star Wars it seems) and today is the last day for free shipping. So it's a good time if you want a $5-10 set, like the Friends ones.

Bummed out that I haven't seen any stores in my area in the US that has the new Star Wars sets. I was really hoping to get a few before winter break ended. Womp womp.

There's a great Lego Dimensions sale at Best Buy.  Everything is half off and the added 20% off that price if you have GCU.  The story packs are $19.99 with GCU, level packs are $11.99, team packs $9.99, individual figs $4.79.  

From slickdeals; its first post has all of the individual links.

And of course, 5 Below stores have many of the (older) packs for $5 a piece.

Well wait until February 15th and get free Clown and Disco Batman and I'll give you $5 for them. :)

But yes looks like they were delayed, no big deal. Well is it really a delay if we didn't have a release date to begin with? LEGO never said January 1st. They aren't in the catalog so clearly it was planned.

WOW that was fast. These just arrived.

From "LELE"...

".Best quality for your selection

.The perfect gift for a budding builder or collector"

"Dinosaur World

Blocks set The latest series of fun"

Too bad the TRex comes with the CEO guy and not the older brother, but that's no biggy.  The quality on the dinos is excellent.  Especially at $23 for both.

[attachment=25023:IMG_9901.JPG][attachment=25024:IMG_9902.JPG][attachment=25025:IMG_9903.JPG][attachment=25026:IMG_9904.JPG][attachment=25027:IMG_9905.JPG]

lol.. .I didn't notice it came with mazerrati?

EDIT:

I guess I got a Captain Rex's AT-TE, I went to return the FUBARed set I received from them only to be notified that I already returned it.

Thought I should share since the current LEGO store promotion is confusing

For the current Lego Batman Bat-signal Polybag at the LEGO store they have 8 batman stickers throughout the store you just have to tell an associate you found all 8 and they will give you a polybag.  The stickers are easy to find and should just be stuck on the displays throughout the store

Thought I should share since the current LEGO store promotion is confusing

For the current Lego Batman Bat-signal Polybag at the LEGO store they have 8 batman stickers throughout the store you just have to tell an associate you found all 8 and they will give you a polybag. The stickers are easy to find and should just be stuck on the displays throughout the store
is this ongoing right now?

Yep, we just came back from the store and my son spent 20 minutes looking for all the stickers and wouldn't let the guys working help him! I figured he was wasting his time to just end up getting a lousy sticker sheet or mini poster but then the guys gave him the Bat Signal polybag. He also bought the Clayface set and I got the Joker Balloon set to get the Batwing polybag.

I also saw a damaged Bucket Excavator that would've come with 1000 bonus points... probably would have taken it home if I hadn't just spent $300 on contact lens.

Sign said this goes through the end of the month, but I imagine it'll end sooner when they run out of polybags.

Yes it's pretty much till supply last since the promotion will last over a month but most stores will run out way before then. Seems a lot of people don't know about it yet since the store associates don't advertise it really. They don't even need to ring it up you can just get it and leave.

Two more TBM minifigs today and just two left to get
Took the kids to the monthly minibuild and they each got the free Batsignal polys

Hello Cheap Ass Family!!

I need your help. I entered a Blacktron MOC themed train called the manatee. I entered it into a contest on instagram on the account #classiccorner. Please help me our with some votes. My name on IG is Cheap_Ass_Bricks.. thank u!!

Hello Cheap Ass Family!!

I need your help. I entered a Blacktron MOC themed train called the manatee. I entered it into a contest on instagram on the account #classiccorner. Please help me our with some votes. My name on IG is Cheap_Ass_Bricks.. thank u!!
How do we vote? Do we just like the picture?

If you're referring to the monthly minibuild at the Lego store the age limits is 6 - 14. If you're 5 or 15 they may be lenient but no they won't give a set to an adult if that's what you're asking. You can trying going the day after the minibuilds are over and seeing if they have any leftovers otherwise the instructions are always posted online.

If you're referring to the monthly minibuild at the Lego store the age limits is 6 - 14. If you're 5 or 15 they may be lenient but no they won't give a set to an adult if that's what you're asking. You can trying going the day after the minibuilds are over and seeing if they have any leftovers otherwise the instructions are always posted online.
Which, let's be honest, is rare when they have any leftover. The whole reason to register now is because it became so popular that too many people were showing up. So unless someone gets sick and is a no show I wouldn't count on leftovers, and they rarely give them to adults.

You're right but when I make my reservation I always reserve for four kids because sometimes my nieces tag along. On the occasions that they don't come we only take the two sets out of the four we reserve so there's always the likelihood that someone was able to get those extras we left behind.
Also if an adult came by afterward and was like "oh man we missed the minibuild, do you have any leftovers?" It's possible they may get one, depends on the employee really.

My wife and I built the Elves Queen Dragon Rescue last night and there is one glaring problem with this set. It seems to want one to believe that a little green fox (having looked it's up "Dusti the Evil Fox") has captured and detained the queen dragon, I believe this us the largest dragon Lego has ever built. Not only that, but this fox's weapon of choice is a mounted crossbow. What would prevent a dragon from escaping this situation? This just my seems ridiculous. Why wasn't some villain included in this set?

Found an X-Men Blackbird vs. Sentinel set randomly sitting on a shelf in the Lego aisle today. Rang up INF so $12.48 less red card plus tax later, added it to the pile.

Found an X-Men Blackbird vs. Sentinel set randomly sitting on a shelf in the Lego aisle today. Rang up INF so $12.48 less red card plus tax later, added it to the pile.
Nice! That beats my $10 skiff [emoji38]
Not even close to largest LEGO dragon ever (in a set)...

http://brickset.com/sets/70736-1/Attack-of-the-Morro-Dragon

If we aren't counting dragon mech creatures.

But the largest dragon LEGO ever built is in the London LEGO Store. ;)
The Morro Dragon is indeed an awesome beast! Sadly my two year old has destroyed it and it is in pieces on their train table.

Nice! That beats my $10 skiff [emoji38]
The Morro Dragon is indeed an awesome beast! Sadly my two year old has destroyed it and it is in pieces on their train table.
A Walmart somewhat near me this time last year had 6-8 of them for a little off. I was hoping for 50%. Next thing I know its May and Brickseeker said they just lowered the price to $17. I went the next day and not one in sight. I don't think they ever actually reached that low, but long story short I missed out on that lovely dragon.

That said the Wu dragon from last year, or 2015 is awesome and amazing deal for 550 pieces and $40.

bread's done
Back