LEGO Deals 3

I have picked up a couple of ko sets, all from aliexpress. I did end up receiving one of the Bela Elves sets and putting it together. The dragon is solid and very playable, and the other builds in the set are pretty decent (though based on what you guys say about Lepin it is probably a step below that, while still blowing Mega Blocks out of the water) and the mini dolls were terrible. Overall very happy with it, especially at about 25% of the price of Lego.

Where is everyone buying the Lepin sets? Just from aliexpress.com?
Yes. And I have only tried lepinbrick as the seller because they had the best reviews and most total orders. There are other sellers who have sold fewer - not sure how good their product is or if it's identical.

The listings that have the big print saying "ACTUALS" are actual pictures of the product you will receive. I noticed on some of the other sets that they differ from the Lego equivalent slightly. One of the first modular sets was missing some balcony rails - can't remember the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went back to Meijer. Found a full series 9 Mixel set that I forgot I tossed behind a box on a shelf like... back in October. Not to stash it or hide it, just changed my mind on buying it and didn't want to go find where the actual display was again. How the fuck nobody there moved shit since... October... frightens me. Either way, just scored 9 Mixels for under $18. :D Also got one of the 17" Monster High dolls, going to hardcore goth it up and put it on my 3d printer. 

Today in 1958 the LEGO brick was patented. So in the tradition started off way back then, make sure to steal from lGEO by buying Lepin! :)

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/01/28/happy-international-lego-day-brothers-brick-news/

As I cook dinner I like pissing people off.... :lol:

'False.

Lego stole Kiddicraft's idea (European toymakers back then frequently "borrowed" ideas from each other) in 1949. Lego's invention of the tubes in 1958 was what actually differentiated Lego from its competitors.
Guess Lepin is just borrowing from Lego.

Green Giant On this day in 1958 he stole the idea. What a great man!
Like · Reply · 7 hrs

Joel Site a credible source of your claim.
Like · Reply · 1 · 7 hrs

Green Giant You can't use Google?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiddicraft
http://www.todayifoundout.com/.../lego-stole-their-now.../...See More

Kiddicraft - Wikipedia
Kiddicraft was a toy company founded in 1932 by Hilary 'Harry' Fisher Page (1904–1957) at Purley in southern England. The company is notable for the predecessor of Lego bricks, the Self-locking Bricks.
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Like · Reply · Remove Preview · 7 hrs

Ryan False.

Lego stole Kiddicraft's idea (European toymakers back then frequently "borrowed" ideas from each other) in 1949. Lego's invention of the tubes in 1958 was what actually differentiated Lego from its competitors.
Like · Reply · 2 · 7 hrs

Green Giant So I guess Lepin is just 'borrowing' from Lego too? Good to know!

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Ryan Unlike Lego, Lepin did not improve on the design they took. Plus, copyright laws are much more comprehensive now than they were back then. Kiddicraft was not sold in Denmark, so they weren't even competing in the same market.

And regardless of whether you think Lego's original slotted bricks were ethical, your statement that Lego stole from kiddicraft in 1958 is just factually wrong. If anything, that's when they STOPPED stealing from them.
Like · Reply · 6 hrs · Edited

Ryan I own lots of Kiddicraft bricks and early Lego slotted bricks, by the way. Even some Duplo-sized Kiddicraft. The first Lego bricks didn't even say Lego on them, since brand protection wasn't as important back then.
Like · Reply · 6 hrs · Edited

BK Halsam's American bricks were also using injected mold plastics to make bricks under the name Elgo. Lego actually paid the company for a tour and to make sure there were no hard feelings due to the company names being similar. They paid for the right to see how Elgo did things so I don't think your claim of them stealing from Kiddiecraft is legitimate.
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Chris Not to mention that LEGO bought the rights to Kiddicraft's bricks from them, so it's all a moot point anyway.
Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

Green Giant I love the excuses people use to protect their 'love', The LEGO Company. It's not shocking being that LEGO fanboys are the most arrogant fanboys on the planet.
What I learned...
It's fine that LEGO stole it because copyright laws sucked.
It's fine because LEGO was in Denmark and Kiddicraft didn't sell there. (So I guess this explains why Lepin gets sued after LEGO moves into China?)
It's fine because LEGO bought Kiddicraft 30 years later.
So it's fine because after stealing the idea and making billions with the other company fails that they buy the company they steal the idea from.
If you steal an idea and 'improve' it slightly, that makes it fine!

LEGO fanboys are even worse than the Nintendo ones. But what really gets me is no one cares about the truth if it gets i the way of their views. LEGO is God! They do no wrong! You are an American you must be proud of everything they ever did! There were no slaves! I mean it's not even silly, it's dumb and dangerous. But even more so because if you mention Lepin on Eurobricks you will be banned. It's in their guidelines.

And let's remember what the Kiddicraft daughter reportedly said....
"was relieved that my father never knew about Lego before he died.”

Did they delete your comments? Someone else mentioned kiddicraft.
No. I changed my name to Green Giant so you know it was me, everyone els has a first name.

However if you are confused over Ryan telling me "False. LEGO stole Kiddicraft's idea in 1949" you aren't the only one. I'm wrong, but right, but wrong because while Lego stole it they didn't patient it for 9 years? I feel like I'm on Fox News and there are no spin zones that the LEGO crazies are spinning around trying to cover up the facts.

No. I changed my name to Green Giant so you know it was me, everyone els has a first name.

However if you are confused over Ryan telling me "False. LEGO stole Kiddicraft's idea in 1949" you aren't the only one. I'm wrong, but right, but wrong because while Lego stole it they didn't patient it for 9 years? I feel like I'm on Fox News and there are no spin zones that the LEGO crazies are spinning around trying to cover up the facts.
If you click on the link you posted, the conversation you posted here isn't there, only a guy name David posting "kiddicraft".

If you click on the link you posted, the conversation you posted here isn't there, only a guy name David posting "kiddicraft".
Because I was having the conversation on Facebook and not their website.

And some LEGO news... Target.com no longer really lists anything under the 'deals' section anymore even through there are several sets that are cheaper than they should be, including the Volcano Starter set for 40% off. This is great if it stays like that because when Target has a 20% off some theme it will be on the cheaper price. So always good to keep an eye open.

If you steal an idea and 'improve' it slightly, that makes it fine
FWIW, I think patent law allows this. You can certainly improve on someone else's idea provided you don't infringe on the original patent claims. Lego would've had to start with their improved idea though, so they could've gotten in trouble between 1949-1958

60 years from now when Lego is long gone, I wonder if Lepin fanboys will be vehemently stating that Lepin improved on Lego instead of just stealing their designs

60 years from now when Lego is long gone, I wonder if Lepin fanboys will be vehemently stating that Lepin improved on Lego instead of just stealing their designs
Which is exactly my point. I don't know if LEGO did anything wrong, I wasn't there in the 40s and 50s, but it seems very odd just to defend everything LEGO does when what they did at the very least was very sketchy. And I don't think anyone understand patent laws. :lol:

Some interesting new 2017 Star Wars sets...

http://imgur.com/a/98vGN

Like I've said, I don't care if Lepin makes their own sets. But taking exact instructions from licenses is bullshit. But this is the Lepin deals thread now, so.

Dude! Did you see that Scout on Speeder bike? or that bounty hunter pack? Great 2017 sets, for sure. Nice find!
I like how the battle packs have been more unique mini figures than just army building. Also like how there is a Vader transformation set and a weird Episode 7 thing with old Han Solo.

The German toy fair is this week, so we should get better pictures.

I was able to stop by Tuesday Morning and pick up the deep sea start set.  They didn't have many left. 

They also had the Technics 42037 Formula Off-Roader for $39.99.  

They also had a block tech United Nations set for $9.99

An interesting store. Smaller than Ollies and cleaner

I just got out of work, has the military coup happened yet? No? Maybe a few more hours then.

In other news the four summer Batman Movie sets have a theme to them going on... lackingly few mini figures.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-batman-movie-summer-2017-sets-revealed/

And the Brick Head things are thankfully only $10. (They were $20 at Comic Con.)
I want the Batman movie UCS model. The movie sets have all been way too overpriced other than when the Batcave break-in was on sale. I got the whole CMF set since ebay prices have been reasonable. I'm hoping for a Wayne Manor or high end Batcraft of some sort.

Would you prefer a ball sack hanging from rear?
Yes. We need official Lego truck nuts.

1343278309m_SPLASH.jpg

Would you prefer a ball sack hanging from rear?
Ummmm...... do you really want the answer?

The Doplin yacht was great and always on sale for like $45, it looked like a boat and LEGO rarely makes any brick built boats. If you saw the new one you be like "I want the dolphin one now!"

Finally, big Bane. And a cheap Scarecrow so I don't have to buy the expensive set out.
The expensive set with Beetle Boy, Moth Man and gas mask Batman? It's only $45 on Target. Batman, Beetle, Moth, Scarecrow go for $8+ each on brick link. Do I'd say they are worth $25 alone.

S@H has some new sales / pricing. Nothing new really, but the things that 30% off are cheaper now. key chains are $1.65 and if you buy a Nexo one you get a free polybag. The Friend big mug is $3.50, 4 minifigure packs of Nexo and NinjaGo are $7.50, they added the birthday cake topper and it's $5.

And We are getting six Cars 3 sets. Not shown, just blank boxes, all of them are Junior.

S@H has some new sales / pricing. Nothing new really, but the things that 30% off are cheaper now. key chains are $1.65 and if you buy a Nexo one you get a free polybag. The Friend big mug is $3.50, 4 minifigure packs of Nexo and NinjaGo are $7.50, they added the birthday cake topper and it's $5.

And We are getting six Cars 3 sets. Not shown, just blank boxes, all of them are Junior.
I'm going to jam a minifig into one of the Cars 3 sets to mimic this new theory: http://jalopnik.com/this-disturbing-theory-explains-pixars-cars-1791834045

qweg6m11wq1wrqp0fety.png

If anyone lives near a 99 Cent Store send me a message. I'll gladly buy some Dimensions off of you for cost, shipping and some money for your time + love.

A minifigure will not fit. They didn't fit in the last series.

And I have read that article, the person is clearly on some heavy drugs. For no other reason then how do you explain the beetle car bugs?

My theory is that it's Planet of the Cars. We make self driving cars that later have AI in them, they reproduce and all the humans die, but because we are kind of their gods they keep the handles and everything looking the same as their gods (us) intended it. Also explains car bugs because we made them too before dying off.

Or you know.... IT'S JUST A KIDS MOVIE TO SELL TOYS! One or the other...

This is $35....

Tlsgu1f_20170201.jpg

And beauty and the beast will be getting Brickheads.
http://brickset.com/article/26328/beauty-and-the-beast-brickheadz#comments

LEGO has been named the most powerful brand on the planet, beating out Disney. Of course they are powerful, they can get away with price fucking its fans and very few people are against them, and they have no competitors really.

If anyone lives near a 99 Cent Store send me a message. I'll gladly buy some Dimensions off of you for cost, shipping and some money for your time + love.
Is that still going on? I went to two 99 cent stores last week.

The first had nothing. The second had an endcap full of nothing but Bad Cops and Craggers. Nothing else.

There were so many Bad Cops and Craggers I couldn't even conceive of how this store got so many of them. The line to get out of the store was 10 people long, so I just left. I already had a Bad Cop and I couldn't remember if I had a Cragger or not.

It seems like some of the 99 cent stores are like a lottery, but the rest are just one or two figures.

bread's done
Back