LEGO Deals 3

SH Iron Skull Sub Attack 204 00 1520, $21-down from $30
I picked this one up for $15. I also grabbed a second Spider-Man bridge for $50, and a LBM Phantom Zone poly for $2.

I snagged a Pizza Van from AWD for a little under $17. Box has a big crease down the front, but it is sealed. The original delivery date was a week from today, but since I bought the Freeze Attack and Van & Caravan set from the Batman/City sale, I got all 3 Friday.

Only one store near me has the bridge (204-00-1800) on clearance and it's only 30% off. :cry:

Already got one for close to half off, but I'm interested in putting two together to make a complete bridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Target Lego clearance I saw tonight:

SH Iron Skull Sub Attack 204 00 1520, $21-down from $30

Not to be morbid or insensitive, but the Troop Transport has the only "older" Leia minifig from the Force Awakens sets.
The sub has been $21 at target.com for 6+ months.
Leia is going to be in Episode 8, Carrie Fisher finished her scenes. I would bet we get another set with her in it. Also the troop transporter is $44 at TRU because they fucked up the normal price.

I snagged a Pizza Van from AWD for a little under $17. Box has a big crease down the front, but it is sealed. The original delivery date was a week from today, but since I bought the Freeze Attack and Van & Caravan set from the Batman/City sale, I got all 3 Friday.
I got my Sour Patch kids really quickly too. But I'm waiting for a 20% off City sets, a bunch of $20 ones I like.

Good to hear. I've been meaning to finally get Market Street or Green Grocer from Lepin but I might do a bit more research first. Is there any indication that one seller is better than another? Are they all coming from the same "Lepin" factory?
I have no idea. Some of the items on AliExpress are clearly not Lepin. I stay away from those. But that kind of begs the question - how would you even know if you got counterfeit counterfeit Legos?

I went by how many reviews the seller had, and percentage of happy people.

I just went by the reviews on AliExpress but I don't even know if those are legit. I bought my second set from the exact same seller as the first set and it came packaged the exact same way. It just seemed to be of lower quality than the first. If you look at multiple sellers with the same item there are some slight variations in price, but not enough to convince me they aren't all coming from the same source, if that makes sense.
I've been using the same seller, too. This time, the seller took a long time to ship and there were complaints on the account. It makes me think at least some of the reviews are legit. It did ship by the cancel date, though, and it's here and looks fine.

Sorry to hear that yours was lower quality. The ones I have been getting have all gone up in quality slightly. The first -- the Cafe Corner -- had smudgy parts and some deformations, and the minifigs were nightmare fuel. The others have had only small issues.

I wonder if its certain sets or production runs. There's no easy way to know.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I hate that plastic death smell on these things. It airs out after while, but wow is it strong. Makes me wonder what causes it...
I got the Lepin Starbucks today, and it's the first one that smelled. It was a lot less than the McFarlane blocks -- that RV stank, but other than that it was a great set.

Part of the reason for the odor was that the box was airtight, shipped from China. I also can't tell if it's the blocks that smell or the plastic bags they're in. Lego boxes are not airtight.

Darn. The Valentines' Day Picnic set was $5 last night, it's now sold out. I was waiting for today so I could get the Robin poster. :lol:

The sub has been $21 at target.com for 6+ months.

But I'm waiting for a 20% off City sets, a bunch of $20 ones I like.
I noticed that same type of funny business with the bridge. Online, it's been on sale for $70 for at least a month now. In-store, it still rings up at $100, so when they first go on clearance, it's the same price as online.

I've been trying to avoid City sets because I think the Super Heroes vehicles are too big to fit with the City theme. But those two sets have pretty cool parts.

Only one store near me has the bridge (204-00-1800) on clearance and it's only 30% off. :cry:

Already got one for close to half off, but I'm interested in putting two together to make a complete bridge.
The store I was watching had it at 30% off for 2 weeks before it dropped it to 50%. Which reminds me, Prison Island 60130 (204-00-1630) was also half-off at that store.

I had the first bridge on a high shelf, so I was surprised at how long two of them together were. It takes up about half the shelf, so I had to put away the 2 Dimensions Story Pack portals I have to make room. Good news is, now I can put the rest of my Spidey characters there.

I don't see how the Police ATVs are supposed to fit with the bridge battle theme, but I think they fit better with the Gotham Energy security guards from the LBM sets.

Finally saw the Lego Batman movie. On one hand it's good they don't get too bogged down on just selling toys at the expense of the movie, on the other hand man most of these villains and pretty much all of these villain vehicles don't get any runtime at all. Like I can see why the Penguin car and the pizza scarecrow sets are exclusives now. With all the cars I thought there'd be some kind of wacky races portion of the movie, but no, let's sell Dimensions concepts instead. Oh well, should save me some money with the kids.

I don't understand why every keeps bitching that The LEGO Batman Movie is to sell Dimensions, there is literally ONE set that they sell, the Wicked Witch. Even the movie Deleks are not the same as the set Dimension set. You think LEGO is going to sell a giant eye or a huge King Kong?

AWD has had a few great sets. Someone must have just beat me to a $115 Cinema set, there was a $46 fire station (I couldn't even bring myself to by that junk at 54% off.), a $40 NinjaGo sky pirate ship, and a $35 hull fire boat that 'Item doesn't have any dents or cracks. Dents or cracks on interior (10% or less) of them." :lol:

Today only you can save $8.62 with code BIGTHANKS at Amazon when you spend $50. 

I think the issue is that the DC villains are marginalized in favor of other characters. You're right though, it's less a dimensions ad than it is using whatever WB licenses they had access to. But it did feel a lot like Dimensions in concept.

They were going to use a bunch of other bad guys that I don't even remember, but they cut them when they realized that the children watching it were born AFTER 2000 and never lived in the 1980 and 1990s like the movie makers did.

But yeah. I have a huge issue with them make a big deal out of the villain cast, like having Billy Dee Williams, and never actually having them speak more than a few words.

My main issue is that there was diversity in The LEGO Movie sets. There were play sets and a western set and the robot set and Unikitty Palace, and the bad guy's base. LEGO Batman Movie there are a bunch of vehicles that are shown for 3 seconds and that's all we get for sets. And we didn't even get the one I really want, there was mech shown very briefly, probably Freeze, and we get a tiny thing instead.

Anyone here a Minecraft fan? This is one I haven't seen.
Toy-Fair-2017-LEGO-308.jpg

Also this is my favorite set for 2017. The surfer is scared to death about the shark and the people rescuing him are like "Oh this will be fun to watch!" smiles on their face.

Toy-Fair-2017-LEGO-148.jpg

Weird since they included a Clash of the Titans reference and others that my kids don't know. Now I have to look up who they cut. I guess I'm glad they made sets for the Batman villains anyway, since I'm happy to have them in lego form. Where's my wonder twins and super friends diversity pack?

I still have that mini set with the arrogant surfer about to be eaten by a shark (and a dude on a jet ski smiling.). I thought at the time it was a weird set for kids but nice to see a continuation of the concept. :)

I don't understand why every keeps bitching that The LEGO Batman Movie is to sell Dimensions, there is literally ONE set that they sell, the Wicked Witch. Even the movie Deleks are not the same as the set Dimension set. You think LEGO is going to sell a giant eye or a huge King Kong?
But there is A dalek. And a Voldemort and a Gremlin. And the level pack and Excalibur Batman. There's a good $130+ MSRP worth of Dimensions stuff you can buy from TLBM. I'm not complaining, but I see the argument. I had all of that stuff already so I didn't mind.

I was disappointed that the proper Batman villains were basically cameos for the most part. Maybe they'll be featured more in the inevitable sequel.

I could be wrong but I believe Voldemort and The Gremlins are the exact same molds of the Dimensions minifigs. Voldemort is a big deal so I kinda get the inclusion but the Gremlins were frankly a little too coincidental. I don't really care overall though because I loved the movie. The villains were kinda underused thought the gremlins/twilight zone reference was fantastic.

I thought there was a (legit) rumor of a UCS level set for Batman movie being shown at the toy fair? Does this mean there isn't one or that the announcement will just come later?

But there is A dalek. And a Voldemort and a Gremlin. And the level pack and Excalibur Batman. There's a good $130+ MSRP worth of Dimensions stuff you can buy from TLBM. I'm not complaining, but I see the argument. I had all of that stuff already so I didn't mind.

I was disappointed that the proper Batman villains were basically cameos for the most part. Maybe they'll be featured more in the inevitable sequel.
There is a Voldemort Dimensions set? Never knew, and I forgot about the Gremlins pack. And I don't even remember Excalibur Batman in the movie at all. :lol:

I remember hearing the rumor there would be a $190 Batman set, and I think there might have even been a tag, but I don't remember. It's very uncommon for LEGO to show off exclusives because it's a retail toy fair, plus they already shown the PotC set. There was also a Batman tag for $140, but I think that was supposed to go with the Ultimate Bat-mobile.

LEGO also shown blank boxes for a bunch of Super Hero movies and the Junior Cars 3 sets. However they showed the whole line of NinjaGo movie sets which are said to be amazing, even by non-fans of the theme.

[attachment=25609:512959181.jpg]

A giant 420 piece freakin' door with 4 figs for $50.

[attachment=25610:512959222.jpg]

Or a nearly 700 piece spaceship with 5 minifigs for $60.

A few deals between Amazon and Walmart on the pricing for some of the newer sets.  Walmart has the Y-wing for $57, while amazon has the new $30 Phantom for $24 and $5 off here and there for some of the $25 sets.

My son has a bunch of Target GC's from xmas still and it's killing him that they don't have any of the new sets in stores yet so he can price match...chip off the old block!

512959181.jpg

512959222.jpg

A few deals between Amazon and Walmart on the pricing for some of the newer sets. Walmart has the Y-wing for $57, while amazon has the new $30 Phantom for $24 and $5 off here and there for some of the $25 sets.

My son has a bunch of Target GC's from xmas still and it's killing him that they don't have any of the new sets in stores yet so he can price match...chip off the old block!
Why don't you call Target.com and price match and use the gift cards for him?

attachicon.gif
512959181.jpg

attachicon.gif
512959222.jpg

A few deals between Amazon and Walmart on the pricing for some of the newer sets. Walmart has the Y-wing for $57, while amazon has the new $30 Phantom for $24 and $5 off here and there for some of the $25 sets.

How dare you question the $50 door set!!! You should be happy it wasn't a $60 door set with only 409 pieces! You keep this up and LEGO will just increase the Y-Wing price to $100. :p

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Battle-on-Takodana-75139

I love those Rogue One characters and I keep getting almost tricked into buying that Scariff set, but then ultimately realize it is indeed a large door.

Even the Star Wars license can't save some things.

I got the U-Wing for $30 and after that, I can't bring myself to pay $40 or $50 for these half-assed dioramas.

Hey guys, i have a big question, anybody know the best way to go about buying JUST the light sabers (hilt and blade) in bulk? There's something I have to do for an event and I need to somehow gather about 1000... cheap as possible. I thought this would probably be the best place to start since I don't know much about where to look a quick google just brought up nothing helpful, but I could just be looking for the "wrong thing."

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I hate that plastic death smell on these things. It airs out after while, but wow is it strong. Makes me wonder what causes it...
That's just the smell of the fresh Chinese air. That and the decomposition of the factory kids that have died, been liquified in the giant precursor binding agent crucibles that eventually mix in with the plastics to form said Lepin bricks. Lepin is people!

Hey guys, i have a big question, anybody know the best way to go about buying JUST the light sabers (hilt and blade) in bulk? There's something I have to do for an event and I need to somehow gather about 1000... cheap as possible. I thought this would probably be the best place to start since I don't know much about where to look a quick google just brought up nothing helpful, but I could just be looking for the "wrong thing."
I would go to lego.com and email costumer service. If it's a LEGO related event then they might help out. There is a section called "Bricks and pieces" and the blade parts are 9-11 cents each, but I don't see the handles.

Also this is my favorite set for 2017. The surfer is scared to death about the shark and the people rescuing him are like "Oh this will be fun to watch!" smiles on their face.

Toy-Fair-2017-LEGO-148.jpg
Yep my favorite part are the walkie talkies, like the "Coast Guard" lady radioed over to her buddy in the ATV "Hey Chuck, come on over to the shack you gotta see this asshole surfer about to get devoured by a great white! I've got the binoculars just bring the popcorn"

Great disclaimer too: "Surfboards do not float", if only the Lego surfer dude would've known that, he never would've gone out in shark infested waters.

Have you tried BrickLink?

Thanks guys for he suggestions, I hadn't thought of either one of those ideas. Kinda feel dumb for not having the ideas, but really appreciate the responses. Thanks!

LEGO 2 is going to be this big musical and space action movie. They need a lot of the writing, a lot of development, not only with script development, but development with songwriters. So it was very ambitious to get that movie out.
That's from the director. We might finally get some Space sets and... BENNY!!!!

Thanks guys for he suggestions, I hadn't thought of either one of those ideas. Kinda feel dumb for not having the ideas, but really appreciate the responses. Thanks!
Turns out LEGO updated Pick-a-Brick, they have three different colors in handles (white, grey, black) and blue and red (Sadly no green) in the blade. Handles are .07 and the blades are .09.

LEGO (We are out of) Ideas was announced, here's a hint, you won't need to save your money because you will not be able to find the damn (lame ass) thing... Maybe they will have a sequel based on Hidden Figures! :wall:

http://brickset.com/article/26844/lego-ideas-review-results

Anyone have an extra Tears of Batman poly for sale or trade?

Edit - just saw the ideas results, blah. I don't think it will be easy to find, it'll probably be like the research institute set. They'll make low numbers because it won't appeal to everybody but it will sell out right away and they won't make more, which will drive the cost up on the ones that landed in the hands of resellers.

Dammit. Was really hoping for Spaceballs Eagle 5. Between that and the lack of love for Johnny 5, I'm really starting to lose interest in Lego Ideas.

Edit - just saw the ideas results, blah. I don't think it will be easy to find, it'll probably be like the research institute set. They'll make low numbers because it won't appeal to everybody but it will sell out right away and they won't make more, which will drive the cost up on the ones that landed in the hands of resellers.
I'm interested in Voltron if they can keep the functionality there. Doesn't sound like they are sure they can do it yet.

That's my issue. The Mars Rover Lego sold out of in about 6 HOURS, that's fucking ridiculous. The female research team sold out in two days, so then they make Saturn 5 and this lame thing, why not just make a theme? Doesn't sell well enough? Then don't make any of these. If you can't keep them in stock for more than three days then don't bother making them.

I feel like LEGO wanted Voltron, couldn't get the rights, so instead of saying they won't release anything they pick the easiest, cheapest thing to produce a few copies of.

What's worse is the next round looks even worse for producible sets. (EDIT - Which is probably why Voltron was passed on, so they have something to announce next round.)

I have one coming from lego shop order. Might be interested in a trade.

Have people been reading the comments over the Ideas set? I mean it's some real bat shit crazy, Trump support level of 'thinking'.

It's not sexist to have an equal amount of male and female minifigures in a sex, that's equality.
It's not sexist, I looked it up.
Another sex with woman....

Honestly I'm fucking gay and seem to enjoy women more than these losers ever will. It's really nuts. I hate the set because it's a piece of shit set, make it all men and it's still a bad set. Plus LEGO will never make enough even if it was a good set.

These are real...

I have to agree with some of the folks here calling this a very "politically correct" choice as well as a massively sexist one. Instead of at the very least having a "Nasa Crew" set, we have to have a female-specific one. It's a very sad time we live in IMHO. Worst possible choice for sure.
Since alot of people are complaining about another female-based (and very simple) set, why can't Lego make a set with female AND male scientists? Like if only one gender at a time can have access to a lab...
Ummm....

a846daeb-22c3-47bc-8d23-ea110ea3915f_1.ad35e025eae26e38a774d92eb54f0f4a.jpeg

It's not sexist, to all you who may be saying. I looked it up, and now there is an equal amount of different male and female astronaut minifigures!
This isn't equality. Equality is equal number of men and women, which is GOOD.

This is overly slanted. :\

That's some insane stuff. It is crazy some of the quality sets it beat. I would have been in for the Little House or Addams set.

Is there any trick to finding good stuff on AWD? Every time I check, it's just a bunch of retired sets at 250% MSRP and used stuff for like 2% off.

Is there any trick to finding good stuff on AWD? Every time I check, it's just a bunch of retired sets at 250% MSRP and used stuff for like 2% off.
You can add a set you are interested to your cart and save it for later. If you check your cart at a later date and the price has changed Amazon will give you a notification. You can also set up a page monitor for when things drop in price or come back in stock

That's some insane stuff. It is crazy some of the quality sets it beat. I would have been in for the Little House or Addams set.
The Addams' Family House was way too much like the Haunted House LEGO made a few years back. The Little House is a lame license to make a set on, plus I don't think farming sets sell well. The City Farming theme was always on sale during a time of no LEGO sales.

Check it often. They don't seem to update it as much as they used to, but there are sometimes a few things, like last week fire sets were a good price, 45-55% off, and there was that $105 cinema someone beat me to. Are you looking for a certain set or a theme or just cheap deals? If it's a theme or set let me know and if I see it I'll tell you. (Unless I want it too. :p) Deals seem to be about 17% off of things, like a bunch of NinjaGo, when they stack with other sales is when you get really good deals. In my 35+ sets I have only gotten one used set, missing a bunch of round 1x1 pieces and the extra sonic screwdriver. Everything else is just smashed.

The Addams' Family House was way too much like the Haunted House LEGO made a few years back. The Little House is a lame license to make a set on, plus I don't think farming sets sell well. The City Farming theme was always on sale during a time of no LEGO sales.

Check it often. They don't seem to update it as much as they used to, but there are sometimes a few things, like last week fire sets were a good price, 45-55% off, and there was that $105 cinema someone beat me to. Are you looking for a certain set or a theme or just cheap deals? If it's a theme or set let me know and if I see it I'll tell you. (Unless I want it too. :p) Deals seem to be about 17% off of things, like a bunch of NinjaGo, when they stack with other sales is when you get really good deals. In my 35+ sets I have only gotten one used set, missing a bunch of round 1x1 pieces and the extra sonic screwdriver. Everything else is just smashed.
I'll keep my eye on it. I'm mainly looking for the Creator modular sets. Probably going to get one during double points at the Lego Store next week. But being a cheapass, even that discount still has me thinking I can do better. I've been spoiled by some pretty good local deals ($75 Millennium Falcon, $35 TIE Fighter, $30 U-Wing) so I'm always striving for that bonkers deal. You never see those on the modulars though.

I'll keep my eye on it. I'm mainly looking for the Creator modular sets. Probably going to get one during double points at the Lego Store next week. But being a cheapass, even that discount still has me thinking I can do better. I've been spoiled by some pretty good local deals ($75 Millennium Falcon, $35 TIE Fighter, $30 U-Wing) so I'm always striving for that bonkers deal. You never see those on the modulars though.
You mean the big expert Creator Modulars, not the little ones that now looks like city sets, right? Because Amazon has those on sale more than you think. Like I said there was a Cinema last week for $105, which is uncommon, they are normally $120-$135 depending on the set. But it went before I could buy it. But they have had them, normally around Christmas when people buy bigger gifts. But even at AWD prices you might be better off if LEGO does double points and a free give-a-way.

If I see one I'll tell you, but it might be a good idea to do what Retro said and somehow set up an alert.

You mean the big expert Creator Modulars, not the little ones that now looks like city sets, right? Because Amazon has those on sale more than you think. Like I said there was a Cinema last week for $105, which is uncommon, they are normally $120-$135 depending on the set. But it went before I could buy it. But they have had them, normally around Christmas when people buy bigger gifts. But even at AWD prices you might be better off if LEGO does double points and a free give-a-way.

If I see one I'll tell you, but it might be a good idea to do what Retro said and somehow set up an alert.
Thanks. I had forgotten about camelcamelcamel so I set up some alerts there.

In LEGO news the Brickheads are for sale (along with other things) and you get a free police helicopter (that Target will probably sale for $4) when you spend $35. There are new Batman Minifigure frame for $17, the Movie Maker Set for $20, a new big black coc....cup.... ;) and some new Nexo and Ninja minifigure packs for $13. Because $15 for four minifigures was too cheap, we need to make it $13 for three. (I wish I bought the Minecraft packs when they were out for a limited time.)

But let's talk about Brickheads because it's clearly a ripoff of POP and I think it was even an Ideas idea.

There are 12 in this first series, there are 9 males and only 3 females. No one seems to care, the sexists aren't sexists because they looked it up but what about equality. 

This isn't equality. Equality is equal number of men and women, which is GOOD. This is overly slanted! 

:wall: 

I'm sure women LEGO fans everywhere are going "Fine, you can have a fucking male scientists set when I finally get the 25% less I get paid!"

I like the Brickheads. Or I should say my kids do. They're cheap and fun and small enough to display. My son is mad there isn't a Spider-Man one.

We have a ton of Ninjago sets coming out for the movie. 

Also, a crazy Ninjago modular building that will be compatible with the existing line (the first floor will be a sushi restaurant).

It's the first modular to be themed outside of Creator.

We have a ton of Ninjago sets coming out for the movie.

Also, a crazy Ninjago modular building that will be compatible with the existing line (the first floor will be a sushi restaurant).

It's the first modular to be themed outside of Creator.
Yeah, I heard there are a ton of really awesome sets, like 20 of them. The news of a modular set is interesting as the last one doesn't seem to have sold very well.

AWD had a 'like new' Spiderman trike and Electro for $8.75. It's a shitty set but I really want the Electro minifigure.

Yeah, I heard there are a ton of really awesome sets, like 20 of them. The news of a modular set is interesting as the last one doesn't seem to have sold very well.
We got the Air Temple for my son and it was a pretty excellent build. I did see it on sale but not much more than some of the other high end sets that also had sales over the last few months. I'd prefer a UCH vehicle like the Sandcrawler but Ninjago style. Otherwise I'd hope that modular really means it would fit in a footprint so it could be integrated with the other sets.

We got the Air Temple for my son and it was a pretty excellent build. I did see it on sale but not much more than some of the other high end sets that also had sales over the last few months. I'd prefer a UCH vehicle like the Sandcrawler but Ninjago style. Otherwise I'd hope that modular really means it would fit in a footprint so it could be integrated with the other sets.
That's what I meant. The LEGO Lands had the Air Temple set for half off. I should have called and ordered one like a lot of people did. It's an awesome set, but I remember LEGO Stores giving away $50-$60 sets with it because it doesn't seem like a big seller, even though it's beautiful.

I hope it fits into the normal modulars too, I also hope that it doesn't cost $280 just because they feel they can.

bread's done
Back