LEGO Deals 3

I was wondering if they were going to have another VIP event for SW this year but we would've heard by now. I didn't get a flyer last year but my wife and I went into the store the week prior and asked for one and they gave us each one. They let anyone who had a flyer and made the minimum purchase (which was $100 I think) get the space slug set and the posters. So we each got a space slug set and i was able to sell one off which more than paid for all my purchases that day. Still have yet to put together the one I kept, just nowhere to display it really. For anyone who missed out the instructions were posted online and I don't think there were any exclusive pieces, it did have a nifty box it came in though.

Bummed about the celebration exclusive set. Hopefully someone posts instructions and there are no exclusive pieces.

I went to my local gamestop to pick up some of the lego dimensions they had on sale. During checkout, I asked if they had any Green Arrow lego dimension figures left from the holiday promo. The associate made a good effort of checking but did not find any. As a consolation prize he gave me the little helicopter build that was a give away for people who preordered the  Lego City Undercover Switch game. They had one preorder so he had a few left over. May be worth asking around if you are in a gamestop.

A couple of Ninjago sets have been unveiled. Looks like all the mechs in this promo image will be released as sets. The movie looks much worse than both Lego Movie and Batman imo but I thought Batman would suck and it was pretty great. Having had to sit through multiple seasons of the show with my kids I'm actually more attached to them than the movie cast. Hopefully it's better than it looks.

rebrick%20grand%20prize.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I laughed when I saw they had those because they were advertised as GameStop "exclusives." The Lego Store had those free with purchases of $35 or more last month...
It's also in the Target holiday section if I'm not mistaken. If not, it will be at some point.

I think the NinjaGo movie looks like a load of fun. Interesting there is a contest to make some stop action movie, one of the prizes is you win an 'exclusive' D2C set valued at $300. That means we are getting a $300 NinjaGo set.

I saw this in store today...had it in my hands, but decided to go home and check the reviews.

Turns out the reviews aren't that bad, average 4 stars outta 5 on Amazon which has a couple left at $79.99.
This is a pretty good set. I picked it up over the holidays.

Mega Bloks still has tolerance issues, though I didn't have any blocks falling off. I did have to karate chop the saucer section several times on a hard surface just to get the @#$% bricks in place.

Like others have mentioned, I was missing pieces. I was able to build around the problem and there's no hint in the final build that anything is out of place.

Worth the price, easily. It is a great display model, solid, and is huge. Fits in well with UCS sets.

This is a pretty good set. I picked it up over the holidays.

Mega Bloks still has tolerance issues, though I didn't have any blocks falling off. I did have to karate chop the saucer section several times on a hard surface just to get the @#$% bricks in place.

Like others have mentioned, I was missing pieces. I was able to build around the problem and there's no hint in the final build that anything is out of place.

Worth the price, easily. It is a great display model, solid, and is huge. Fits in well with UCS sets.
You can call Mega Bloks and they will send you replacement parts for free.

I think the NinjaGo movie looks like a load of fun. Interesting there is a contest to make some stop action movie, one of the prizes is you win an 'exclusive' D2C set valued at $300. That means we are getting a $300 NinjaGo set.
They've done that before, actually. I recall there being 1-2 before. I considered it.

It's also in the Target holiday section if I'm not mistaken. If not, it will be at some point.

Yes, I have very high hopes for the D2C set since I consider the Sea Cow my favorite non-building set. Still holding out hope for a D2C Batman movie set but now it looks doubtful.

The $200 NinjaGo temple never seemed to have sold that well, so a $300 set is surprising to me.

Also Fatboy, what does 'non-building set' mean? They are LEGO, they are all built.

But there are rumors of a second Batman CMF series, which probably means more sets so I wouldn't rule out a D2C set just yet. Plus I swear there was a tag at a Toy Fair for a $180 set, but maybe it was a typo or I was remembering it wrong.

The $200 NinjaGo temple never seemed to have sold that well, so a $300 set is surprising to me.

Also Fatboy, what does 'non-building set' mean? They are LEGO, they are all built.

But there are rumors of a second Batman CMF series, which probably means more sets so I wouldn't rule out a D2C set just yet. Plus I swear there was a tag at a Toy Fair for a $180 set, but maybe it was a typo or I was remembering it wrong.
I believe he meant building as in edifice :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't collect ninjago but the rumors of the modular definitely have my attention

Had a gift card and picked up the Detroit Steel set at Target since it's on sale
Still have money left over on the gift card and have been thinking long and hard (that's what she said) about Rex's AT-TE. I always regretted not picking up the last regular AT-TE and loved the personality of Rex's and that episode of Rebels. I just know as soon as I pick it up it's gonna start hitting clearance everywhere :p

I should have non-modular :razz:

You sure the D2C Ninjago set is a building? To your point, the Air Temple didn't sell well so I thought they might go in a Sandcralwer/super mech/tank sort of direction. I'd imagine they'll have something like that. Also, I'd pretty much buy a $300 dollar dragon without even looking at it if the piece count was right.

I should have non-modular :razz:

You sure the D2C Ninjago set is a building? To your point, the Air Temple didn't sell well so I thought they might go in a Sandcralwer/super mech/tank sort of direction. I'd imagine they'll have something like that. Also, I'd pretty much buy a $300 dollar dragon without even looking at it if the piece count was right.

People who have seen it have said it's a building / city block and might be the first non City / Creator modular set. Also supposed to include a sushi bar. However I'm not sure of anything as I haven't seen it.

I kind of agree with you, would make more sense to me to be some crazy ass Mech thing. Air Temple sold horribly, all I remember is they always gave you a free set (Like a $50-60 one) or triple points and then it was 20% off online and supposed 50% at certain stores.

By the looks of it the VW Beetle is out of stock but LEGO brought back the free helicopter at $35 deal.

Or the website is just running really poorly like normal. I think it's that. ;)

Picked up Rex's AT-TE today
Rebels has made me want to get more and more sets from the show. I have The Ghost and The Phantom and still can't understand why they made a new phantom and not a new Ghost. Haven't watched season 3 so I hope the Ghost wasn't destroyed.

Rebels has made me want to get more and more sets from the show. I have The Ghost and The Phantom and still can't understand why they made a new phantom and not a new Ghost. Haven't watched season 3 so I hope the Ghost wasn't destroyed.
You hit the nail on the head without even watching the show! The new phantom still connects to the ghost though.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Picked up Rex's AT-TE today
I'm not a Star Wars fan but that set is really neat, love how unique it looks.

I bought 76054, Gas-mask Batman at the Farm, for $30.01 on eBay. It came in within two days and the guy even has the parts in the LEGO bags, the extra parts and the comic.

I always regretted not getting the last regular AT-TE but glad I got this one as it is different and has personality. Really loved the episode of Rebels it was featured in too. I had Target pm their own website, which has it for $82.99, had $75 worth of gift cards plus RedCard so I paid about $8.50 after tax, certainly helped with my decision.

I am hoping we get an updated Ghost. I saw one at Barnes & Noble at regular price about a year ago and regret not grabbing it.

All the Angry Birds sets are on clearance (30% off) at my local Target...yawn.
That was my problem with clearance the last 6-8 months. Stores know people are stupid and buy the sets for 30%, even though they have been 30% off or more online for months leading up to that.

Barnes and Noble has 50% clearance going on in store only for a few lego sets

60080 City Spaceport

21122 Minecraft The Nether Fortress

21121 Minecraft The Desert Outpost

41098 Friends Emmas Tourist Kiosk

41086 Friends Vet Ambulance

75103 Star Wars Transport

60004 Fire Station

There's a couple others from these lego themes

Does anyone have the DPCI for the Batwing poly at Target?

Edit - nevermind, found them at the registers earlier today

Still don't think I could bring myself to pay $33 for the Adventure Time set. I actually stopped my daughter from buying it for $50. Normally I let her decide what to do with her money, but this was an exception.

I'm thinking 85 shipped for a full set of minifigures. If enough people are interested we'll open our extras and part them into sets, if not I'm just selling them off sealed at the next show we're vending at.

Still don't think I could bring myself to pay $33 for the Adventure Time set. I actually stopped my daughter from buying it for $50. Normally I let her decide what to do with her money, but this was an exception.
That's what we call good parenting.

Target.com has Jakku and Takodana for 37%-40% off. Now is your chance to get a Star Wars shack or Star Wars door for 'cheap'!

I'll admit to buying it, after saying I wouldn't. $50 was a non-starter, but I got it from Amazon for $30. I am not sorry.

It's a fun build and surprisingly charming. The box and promo art does a horrible job of showing scale. Gunter is about the same size as Jake, Marceline is taller than Finn, and Ice King is bulkier. This is important because the final figures look and feel much more substantial than the box would have you believe.

Even if the scale is wrong for the show, it works for the figures. (I don't know why it's a big deal, anyway -- Dimensions BMO is taller than Marceline)

The figures are solid and well suited for play -- things won't come flying off . Of course, except for the arms, they are essentially unposeable bricks, but they do hold up to handling and moving around. It's all printed pieces and no stickers, thank glob!

Jake, Marcelline, Princess Bubblegum, and Ice King are all fantastic. Gunther and BMO are adorable.

Lady Rainicorn is a standout, though I'm a little annoyed that her hair curls are on one side only. It's such a great design and design element that it's a letdown that it's only on one side. The rest is awesome.

Jake is a little weird, but I didn't think the Dimensions version was quite right, either. It's a drawing that does not lend itself well to 3D. I think Jake looks better if you take out the 2x3 plate in his head.

The only real disappointment is BMO -- the Lego Dimensions version is much better. Still cute, though.

Well that and no Lumpy Space Princess.

Definitely worth $20, or $25. For those prices, I think it's more than fair for what you get. Given that Amazon has had this on sale three times now, it will probably show up there or on Barnes and Noble for $25 one of these days.

I'm thinking 85 shipped for a full set of minifigures. If enough people are interested we'll open our extras and part them into sets, if not I'm just selling them off sealed at the next show we're vending at.
I would do $85 for a set. Let me know if you decide to sell..

Considering I paid $81.87 for a set and had to do the work of finding them, that's a steal.

(It's a 20 figure set instead of the typical 16.)

Would you trade for other Minifigures? I've got a full set of series 5 in bags.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Just looking to sell right now.

If I get 2 people willing to get a set each, I'll start popping bags open and getting them together. Price is only within the US, because it includes shipping.

I'd also totally trade a set for a NES Classic :p Sam Todd/dv8mad/dv8cag is after one, and I've failed to find him one locally. I'd love to get my hands on one to send to him in Japan. Just throwing it out there.

I'm aching for some sweet Walmart clearance deals. Haven't had any in awhile. I might have to settle for something in the May the 4th sale at the Lego Store.

TRU.com is having 15% off of 'everything' today with code friend15 (or friends15). Does not include exclusives. However I think it might work on the Winter Train. Also good if you want MEGABLOKS or something else.

There are a few LEGO deals to be had, it brings creepy ass giraffe down to nearly 50% off and a few other things that are already discounted. Also good on Technic as that never goes on sale.

bread's done
Back