LEGO Deals 3

Regret not picking up that fairground mixer now, though bricklink prices aren't too bad. Just really want it now to go along with the new carousel and ferris weekly, which I'll now need to get before it's retired

Regret not picking up that fairground mixer now, though bricklink prices aren't too bad. Just really want it now to go along with the new carousel and ferris weekly, which I'll now need to get before it's retired
I really want the Ferris Wheel but it's so damn expensive. However I really REALLY dislike the fairground mixer. The new carousel is really nice looking, any idea on price?

I picked it on eBay right after it retired, I picked it for what would have been near retail. I need to hurry up and pick up the ferris wheel.

I really want the Ferris Wheel but it's so damn expensive. However I really REALLY dislike the fairground mixer. The new carousel is really nice looking, any idea on price?
It doesn't seem anywhere near as big as the last one looking at that tiny picture. $100-$150 is my guess.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That thing is tiny compared to the grand carousel, don't get me wrong it looks nice but it better not be more than $100.
The last one was grand after all. O:)

It won't be less than $150. Too many smaller pieces for details. I don't think the ferris wheel is worth $200, more like $175.

I picked it on eBay right after it retired, I picked it for what would have been near retail. I need to hurry up and pick up the ferris wheel.
The ferris wheel is awesome, especially with the power functions installed. I have one and haven't regretted it. I wish I'd gotten the Grand Carousel when I had the chance, but this new one looks ok.

Over/under on the Saturn V Rocket becoming a big collector's item?

legosaturnv.jpg

I'm always interested in the realistic models that I could for my kids for some educational purposes but would love to find these on sale. I'm just not sure where an expensive Ideas set is going to get marked down since I don't think many stores will carry it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just going to wait for the sets to become cheap on eBay. The Batman series goes $60-67 which is 20-25% off and saves a hell of a lot of time. (Even though I don't want the whole series.)

Saw series 17 this morning at tru but figured I'll wait til they hit target or the Lego store

Picked up two of the LBM batmobile polys at Walmart, they also carry them at TRU apparently

I'm just going to wait for the sets to become cheap on eBay. The Batman series goes $60-67 which is 20-25% off and saves a hell of a lot of time. (Even though I don't want the whole series.)
Damn that dropped since I checked! :O

We already grabbed Wave 17 from a Walmart, got our set. Still sitting on about 3 cases of Batman minifigures we need to get rid of though.

Damn that dropped since I checked! :O

We already grabbed Wave 17 from a Walmart, got our set. Still sitting on about 3 cases of Batman minifigures we need to get rid of though.
Wait a little while and it will go back up, the market is still flooded with them and sales.

Found series 17 at Walmart tonight although I think somebody got to it first as I couldn't find the rocket ship kid.
My local Toys R Us had about 6 boxes in front of the customer service desk. I saw a few people feeling the packs, but there seemed to be plenty of every character. The rocket kid did take me the longest to find though. Tons of corn guy and the highwayman.

The cashier even scanned my phone for the 15% off. She took it off the entire order.

I don't know if this is happening anywhere else, but both of my local target stores just put out more disney figures.  Also, there were Doc Ock's tentacle trap sets for 14.XX and angry birds sets for 50 percent off.

Anyone know if the Spider-Man Web Warriors Bridge set is $62 in Walmart stores, or is it online only?
Check Brickseek and it will tell you or have Target or TRU price match for you

Just checked and in my area it's $73 everywhere

I don't know if this is happening anywhere else, but both of my local target stores just put out more disney figures. Also, there were Doc Ock's tentacle trap sets for 14.XX and angry birds sets for 50 percent off.
Yeah at two different TRU's yesterday I saw LBM, Disney and series 17 minifigures put out.

Wasn't interested in the Doc Ock set but if I can find it for that price I'll bite

Toys R Us has 20% off the new Guardians of the Galaxy sets. The new Milano has been $40 on Amazon for a bit but the other two sets haven't been this cheap as far as I know.

Today was the Legopocalypse.   I was carrying 5 sorted Sterilite containers of Lego pieces down to my basement when I tripped and slammed into the wall, dropping all of them in my living room.  Even worse, 2 of the containers contained my minifigure accessories and translucent pieces.  I will probably be finding clear translucent studs under stuff for the rest of my life.

So Amazon had the Adventure time set for like $35 earlier this week, then it was $30.04, then $30.02 this morning.

We are now down to $29.27. Maybe in about a month Amazon will be paying us to take that shit from them.

Found 76059 Doc Ock's Tentacle Trap for $21.XX at Target yesterday...one step closer to having all of the Spidey mini-figs I want. Just need the bridge, and the set from a couple years ago with Venom...

So Amazon had the Adventure time set for like $35 earlier this week, then it was $30.04, then $30.02 this morning.

We are now down to $29.27. Maybe in about a month Amazon will be paying us to take that shit from them.
Does Walmart sell it too? I read on SD that Amazon and Walmart use algorithms to price match each other, so if one drops, the other one will drop lower and so on.

They do, it's at the $30.02 price. They are price matching each other as if you pick it up in store you save another .75 and that makes it $29.27.

And good news everyone! Now Super Heroes is continuing the awesome tradition of charging $60 for a door.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-thor-ragnarok-box-art-images/
That price is so awful. I looked at that box and thought $40, not knowing the piece count.

New rule of thumb is that basically every Hulk set has its own tax. You want Hulk? Empty your damn pockets.

That price is so awful. I looked at that box and thought $40, not knowing the piece count.

New rule of thumb is that basically every Hulk set has its own tax. You want Hulk? Empty your damn pockets.
Hulk used to add $10 to the sets. The cheapest one, the only one reasonably priced, was with Hulk Buster. Then There was that shit Hydra 'Tower" set that was $40. Now it's 60 Euro for a damn wall. I was thinking $50 (Like most of them were) but damn.

I understand that Hulk is big and cost extra, but that better be $50 in the USA. I guess it doesn't matter, every Hulk set has been easily found for 20-30% off.

So it looks like there is a $200 boat coming from the Ninjago Movie sets. It's Destiny's Bounty which  has been done before as a $120 set so it's a bit surprising to see a retread. That said, as a superfan of the Sea Cow I'm all about a gorgeous and detailed boat model. At $200 bucks it won't be close to the 2700 pieces the Sea Cow was but I have high hopes as I've generally loved the Ninjago style.

So it looks like there is a $200 boat coming from the Ninjago Movie sets. It's Destiny's Bounty which has been done before as a $120 set so it's a bit surprising to see a retread. That said, as a superfan of the Sea Cow I'm all about a gorgeous and detailed boat model. At $200 bucks it won't be close to the 2700 pieces the Sea Cow was but I have high hopes as I've generally loved the Ninjago style.
This is the third one we will be getting.

https://brickset.com/sets/9446-1/Destiny-s-Bounty

We get one every three years. Plus the movie isn't part of the ninjaGo storyline.

The show will continue after a small break, but why would you ever limit your audience to that of a kid's cartoon?

Plus the LEGO Movie Universe has it's own thing going on. In it LEGOs are controlled by the people, we see that in the Movie. It was in Batman's movie by the sound effects. That will continue. It's not NinjaGo as the TV show is, it's kids playing NinjaGo. So the basic storyline will be the same but now we get super awesome sea creature bad guys.

And I just got an email saying the Y-wing is sold out.  At least they didn't cancel it.  I hope they still ship the R2 and keychain in the meantime.

Honestly people still care about this Star Wars shit?  :whistle2: 

(I'd order the exact same stuff as the rest of you busting up on money.... oh shiny stuff....)

My R2 and BB8 shipped today.  

Just a warning on the BB-8, don't expect the paint to last if you're actually going to use it.  This is what mine looked like a month after I got it.

34426690126_e5e752bd76_z.jpg

Hey this is a little off topic-

Does anyone know where to get decent stands to raise some sets off shelves?

I'm running out of room and would like to raise some of my SW & Marvel vehicles up in the air to create more space.

Thanks!

I wouldn't pay amazon (maybe not even eBay) prices on those though...should be able to find them dirt cheap on aliexpress, dhgate, etc. Sure they will be full of toxic Chinese "vitamins n minerals", but so will the ones you order off eBay/Amazon.

bread's done
Back