LEGO Deals 3

Saw the new UCS Falcon in person today... god-damned enormous. Still can't believe it doesn't come with like 30 minifigs though. Someone else suggested one for every character to step inside it on screen, right? I like that idea.
I suggested that. LEGO fans are so brainwashed I was being attacked on Facebook for saying the set should at least come with a Luke. People actually defending LEGO not giving us more minifigures, it's silly.

$800 is a lot to spend for that set. My bigger concern would be finding a place to put that monster.
You stick it in the closest and wait 5 years, then sell it for $3,000. I'm certain that's what 90% of buyers will be doing.

Who's getting the MF? I read on tbf that there's may be an incentive to buying it early, may include some early access to something next year. I wish it had a first edition print on it again, would make it easier to purchase. I did see the ninjago city up close, really cool looking set, its pretty massive. The pictures don't do it any justice, for the price it's really not bad.
Ninjago City and Destiny's Bounty are 7100 pieces and a combined 460 so that makes the MF a $360 markup for an additional 500 pieces. I'm sure the boat will be on sale as well since it's carried by Target.

Does anyone here work at Walmart? I'm wondering if the NinjaGo Minifigures and Series 17 share the same SKU or if Employees are stupid and counted the 130 NinjaGo ones as Series 17. The Walmart I was at had 150 NinjaGo ones and zero Series 17, but Brickseek said they have 125.

It will only be worth that much until Lego decides to re-release the UCS MF again.
They will release it again in 10 years for Star Wars' 50th. It will have 300,000 pieces and cost $25,000. What I find really funny is sometime next year for the Han Solo movie I'm certain we will get a new Falcon with 'blue' markings on it for $175 to replace the episode 7 one.

Ninjago City and Destiny's Bounty are 7100 pieces and a combined 460 so that makes the MF a $360 markup for an additional 500 pieces. I'm sure the boat will be on sale as well since it's carried by Target.
You also get three times the minifigures with those two NinjaGo sets. Add the temple that's always $80 if you need grey pieces and that's several hundred more pieces than the Falcon for $550. Plus you can buy the NinjaGo sets separately and then get more 'free' promos which you can sell on eBay for $150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Holiday-Gingerbread-House-40139-NIB-/202048753246?epid=219540149&hash=item2f0b0b4e5e:g:1Z4AAOSws1ZZsG3T

Last edited by a moderator:
You also get three times the minifigures with those two NinjaGo sets. Add the temple that's always $80 if you need grey pieces and that's several hundred more pieces than the Falcon for $550. Plus you can buy the NinjaGo sets separately and then get more 'free' promos which you can sell on eBay for $150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Holiday-Gingerbread-House-40139-NIB-/202048753246?epid=219540149&hash=item2f0b0b4e5e:g:1Z4AAOSws1ZZsG3T
Lol, I'm such an amateur CAG. The MF debacle makes me think that either there's a healthy number of AFOLs ready to be gouged and these UCS sets are going to be the new normal or this was the old Lego that's being done away with so that we start seeing a more sincere effort to make high end sets that are actually worth it.

Lol, I'm such an amateur CAG. The MF debacle makes me think that either there's a healthy number of AFOLs ready to be gouged and these UCS sets are going to be the new normal or this was the old Lego that's being done away with so that we start seeing a more sincere effort to make high end sets that are actually worth it.
AFOLS are ready to be gouged. 15ish years ago when I was in middle school and high school there was a 'big' LEGO site at the time called LUGGET (Or something like that.) it was pretty much just rich people bragging about how they spend tens of thousands of dollars on LEGOs every year, it was insane.

That was before LEGO made big sets. It started with big Star Wars set 1-2 a year, then a Modular, then maybe a Creator vehicle set. There were only a few a year. Now there is one big exclusive set every month, they started introducing two a month. There are fans of these things, just go to Brickiest or Eurobricks and see. The bigger LEGO places have more crazy fans and I avoid those.

But there is a market for this. In 2014 or 2015 LEGO released the most profitable sets, not the best selling, just most profitable. They were big sets like the Friends Hotel and one of the older Police Stations because LEGO gouges you on it. Since then $100 sets became $150 and we are getting more and more.

It's why I'm thrilled LEGO sales are down a little and they seem to be panicking, they have had three CEOs this year I think. Maybe they will get their heads out of their asses and get back to normal.

Holy crap! I still have an extra sealed Gingerbread House. MF is one step closer lol.

Looks like all the winter sets have gone up in value.  If I sell my sealed Bakery, Cottage, Gingerbread House, and Toy Shop, I'll have "almost" enough to not have to pay out of pocket.

Holy crap! I still have an extra sealed Gingerbread House. MF is one step closer lol.

Looks like all the winter sets have gone up in value. If I sell my sealed Bakery, Cottage, Gingerbread House, and Toy Shop, I'll have "almost" enough to not have to pay out of pocket.
Yeah, but WV > MF (unless these are sealed dupes)

ETA: i09 has a building timelapse of the new MF

https://io9.gizmodo.com/watch-me-build-legos-massive-7-500-piece-millennium-fal-1803135907

Looks like all the winter sets have gone up in value. If I sell my sealed Bakery, Cottage, Gingerbread House, and Toy Shop, I'll have "almost" enough to not have to pay out of pocket.
I don't have a gingerbread house, but last I knew they were going for $50, some to $75. Now I wish I just placed several $100+ orders, like the modulars, and get the sets free and actually make a profit.

What I don't get is you can build the freebie with basic pieces, probably less than $30 worth. Lego people are crazy.

There was a time when Amazon had Cafe Corner and the second one for $95 and $112 respectively. I didn't buy them.... now I wish I have bought two. It's the main reason I have the Pet Shop, $120 and I got a free snow globe.

Newbie LEGO peeps....

IMG-20170913-WA0000-1280x720%5B1330%5D.jpg
That's the line outside of the London LEGO Store as people wait for the Midnight release of a $800 box of plastic. Next week they will wait in line for an $1,800 fucking phone.

Hey Trump! Let the nukes fly, I'm done with this civilization.

I don't have a gingerbread house, but last I knew they were going for $50, some to $75. Now I wish I just placed several $100+ orders, like the modulars, and get the sets free and actually make a profit.

What I don't get is you can build the freebie with basic pieces, probably less than $30 worth. Lego people are crazy.

There was a time when Amazon had Cafe Corner and the second one for $95 and $112 respectively. I didn't buy them.... now I wish I have bought two. It's the main reason I have the Pet Shop, $120 and I got a free snow globe.
It's always a gamble though. I still have an extra sealed Tumbler and X-Wing that I thought for sure would sky rocket after they were retired, but they're still pretty close to MSRP.

It's always a gamble though. I still have an extra sealed Tumbler and X-Wing that I thought for sure would sky rocket after they were retired, but they're still pretty close to MSRP.
Lego seems to release updated sets all of the time. I would think twice about investing money in Lego sets for profit.

Isn't the London store getting signatures from the designers, I thought I read that somewhere.

I have $140 in VIP points, only reason I'm considering it, or I'll get ninjago city.

I don't think it helps that so many are doing it for investment purposes, I think that's what drives up the price for LEGO as well.
But the investors are like "But I help sales by buying 20 of each set!"

I agree though, LEGO knows there is a market for a $1,000 LEGO set as people pay over that for the last Falcon and Cafe Corner. It's also why we no longer get coupons. LEGO won't make sets cheaper or on sale when they know the sets will be super valuable 5 minutes after it's retired.

And does anyone here do minifigures? There are a few older ones I want and I have a ton of them to trade.

I just wanted a legit USC falcon without having to pay $3000 to some hutt on ebay. At this point im looking towards the new Lepin and saving myself $600+ dollars.

It's like the comic books and baseball cards of the 90s [emoji38]
My 7 year old is really into cards so I took him to a local shop. While we were in there, I heard the owner tell a customer over the phone that he doesn't buy anything from the 90s unless it's an official autograph or rookie. It's nice to know my entire childhood collection is essentially worthless :wall:

My 7 year old is really into cards so I took him to a local shop. While we were in there, I heard the owner tell a customer over the phone that he doesn't buy anything from the 90s unless it's an official autograph or rookie. It's nice to know my entire childhood collection is essentially worthless :wall:
I hear you man. I remember talking to my friends about how much money we were going to make when we were older selling this stuff and then buying two copies of comics, one to keep sealed, and one to read :lol:

The one I can't believe is this stupid card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Tiger-Woods-SI-Sports-Illustrated-For-Kids-536-Rookie-/222606931460?hash=item33d4683604:g:evIAAOSw9fNZihyF

I remember having it at some point and it's probably still at my parents place somewhere, but it's also probably bent out of shape and in pretty poor condition.

My grandpa collected coins and his co-worker stamps. His co-worker needed money once and went to sell the stamps. He spent $800 on it and they offered him like $100. My grandpa went 'At least the coins keep the value of the metal / face value".

Which is true with LEGOs too. If you buy a set for 20% off at least you know you could go on Craigslist and get your money back.

Has anyone gone to Target this week? I'm curious if the 20% off in stores is on any sets that were already on sale. They don't do it as much as they used to but they do sometimes make a mistake.

My hot take: the new Falcon will be available for at least five years and eventually see discounts. It will be in great supply. There is no reason to buy it anytime soon for full price unless you have the money and are looking to make a luxury purchase. From a Lego perspective, sure, good set, prestige, etc. But the cheap ass slant on it is wait, wait, wait. It's not going to be a collectible. It's not going to go for $4k in ten years.

Giant - the Target sale is on msrp, not the sale prices

Alan - I agree that this will be around for years, at least through episode 9 but I don't think it will ever see discounts beyond double VIP points, damaged boxes (which will be a rarity im sure) or 5% off with RedCard when/if Target sells them online

Giant - the Target sale is on msrp, not the sale prices
But have you been i the stores and checked? Target said this last time and I found a few $20 sets that were $13 that were another 20% off.

And AWD now has ghost items. Last week there was a Friends set for about 55% off. I went to buy it and couldn't, just thought someone checked out sooner. Now there was a Corner Deli for $13 and tried buying it for the last 20 minutes and couldn't, even though it kept adding to my cart. It was finally deleted.

Haha yeah I know. I am trapped in collectible hell. A few years ago an uncle passed away and left his baseball card/memorabilia collection to me and my sister. It is mostly 80s/90s and early 2000s stuff. The worst time periods of all for value. The prices he has listed for them and reality are waaaay off and trying to get rid of it has been a huge pain.

Even the stuff you'd think wouldn't be that hard is a problem. I have some autographed cards of major stars that are numbered 1 of 1 and other low print runs and can't seem to get rid of them. We did sell off the easier stuff like autographed equipment and old time cards but there is so much.

I bought a case of card storage boxes and when I'm bored, I started separating by player (i.e. I write Griffey, Ripken, etc on a box and started piling them in) Some players are on their 2nd or 3rd box now. I only have about 30 or 35 players I consider even worth keeping in this way and it's still probably too many. For example does anyone even care about Randy Johnson anymore? The rest get tossed into the trash. I have entire boxes of thousands of cards that are nothing but autographs/game used/numbered stuff but neither of us has the time or the energy to single list all this crap and a dealer will offer like 1/100 of what value it does have in bulk. Sorry dealers, but I'd rather light this box of game used equipment Jeter cards on fire while you watch then take 5 bucks for it. That will get me more than 5 dollars worth of entertainment.

That doesn't even include my own collection vices like Lego and several 18 Gallon tubs of comics I am looking for a charity to donate to.

But to get back on topic, the Lego craze will eventually peter out and lot of these investors will not be making the money they expect to. There are just too many people using it as an investment now and that kills any collectible market. But Lego has some immunity because a Lego brick from 1970 is just as useful as a Lego brick from today unlike some baseball former all-star that nobody outside of a fan has heard of in the last 30 years. The current prices are unsustainable but it will always have some value. Well except things like Galidor heh.

But have you been i the stores and checked? Target said this last time and I found a few $20 sets that were $13 that were another 20% off.

And AWD now has ghost items. Last week there was a Friends set for about 55% off. I went to buy it and couldn't, just thought someone checked out sooner. Now there was a Corner Deli for $13 and tried buying it for the last 20 minutes and couldn't, even though it kept adding to my cart. It was finally deleted.
AWD has been weird lately. I have seen ghost items also. And stuff seems to be coming totally smashed a lot more lately as well (This may be normal as AWD is a fairly new thing to me but most items I have bought from it in the past have looked totally normal or with a minor ding until the last month or so). But I'm also seeing a lot of good deals. I got some of the newly released stuff for like 40% off MSRP (Kylo's TIE, the Ninjago Temple, Fire Mech and some other stuff) but the boxes came smashed to hell. All bags are there and all the ones I have built so far were complete so at those prices I'll take my chances. Thanks whoever bought all the big stuff that has been popping up. Hoth and some other large sets were tempting but my wallet cannot handle those right now.

So after some soul searching, I think the UCS Falcon is going to be in my future. I have an old coffee table that needs to be replaced. Since I just upgraded my entire home theater to a 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos setup with an OLED TV, I think that having a coffee table with a MF would be the perfect touch.

I showed it to my wife and she told me to get it. I knew I married the right girl.   :beer:

Now I need to go coffee table shopping while I find out if I can actually get a UCS Falcon from the store or online...

This is currently the front runner.

lego-ucs-lego-millennium-falcon-set-10179.jpg

So after some soul searching, I think the UCS Falcon is going to be in my future. I have an old coffee table that needs to be replaced. Since I just upgraded my entire home theater to a 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos setup with an OLED TV, I think that having a coffee table with a MF would be the perfect touch.

I showed it to my wife and she told me to get it. I knew I married the right girl. :beer:

Now I need to go coffee table shopping while I find out if I can actually get a UCS Falcon from the store or online...

Where is this coffee table from?

AWD has been weird lately. I have seen ghost items also. And stuff seems to be coming totally smashed a lot more lately as well (This may be normal as AWD is a fairly new thing to me but most items I have bought from it in the past have looked totally normal or with a minor ding until the last month or so). But I'm also seeing a lot of good deals. I got some of the newly released stuff for like 40% off MSRP (Kylo's TIE, the Ninjago Temple, Fire Mech and some other stuff) but the boxes came smashed to hell. All bags are there and all the ones I have built so far were complete so at those prices I'll take my chances. Thanks whoever bought all the big stuff that has been popping up. Hoth and some other large sets were tempting but my wallet cannot handle those right now.
I think they are clearing things out as there have been more sets added today than the rest of the month. I have been getting weirdly damaged boxes but the sets aren't built, One had very bad water damage and was before the hurricanes hit.

And thank you for buying the NinjaGo Temple, I saw it for $56ish and almost bought it, just too narrow an blah looking.

Haha yeah I know. I am trapped in collectible hell. A few years ago an uncle passed away and left his baseball card/memorabilia collection to me and my sister. It is mostly 80s/90s and early 2000s stuff. The worst time periods of all for value. The prices he has listed for them and reality are waaaay off and trying to get rid of it has been a huge pain.

Even the stuff you'd think wouldn't be that hard is a problem. I have some autographed cards of major stars that are numbered 1 of 1 and other low print runs and can't seem to get rid of them. We did sell off the easier stuff like autographed equipment and old time cards but there is so much.

I bought a case of card storage boxes and when I'm bored, I started separating by player (i.e. I write Griffey, Ripken, etc on a box and started piling them in) Some players are on their 2nd or 3rd box now. I only have about 30 or 35 players I consider even worth keeping in this way and it's still probably too many. For example does anyone even care about Randy Johnson anymore? The rest get tossed into the trash. I have entire boxes of thousands of cards that are nothing but autographs/game used/numbered stuff but neither of us has the time or the energy to single list all this crap and a dealer will offer like 1/100 of what value it does have in bulk. Sorry dealers, but I'd rather light this box of game used equipment Jeter cards on fire while you watch then take 5 bucks for it. That will get me more than 5 dollars worth of entertainment.

That doesn't even include my own collection vices like Lego and several 18 Gallon tubs of comics I am looking for a charity to donate to.

But to get back on topic, the Lego craze will eventually peter out and lot of these investors will not be making the money they expect to. There are just too many people using it as an investment now and that kills any collectible market. But Lego has some immunity because a Lego brick from 1970 is just as useful as a Lego brick from today unlike some baseball former all-star that nobody outside of a fan has heard of in the last 30 years. The current prices are unsustainable but it will always have some value. Well except things like Galidor heh.
That bird he vaporized cares.

If you really want to make the most of that collection i.e. make at least a little lemonade out of those lemons and have the patience and spatial tolerance for a loooooooooooooong play, you work to sort out the notable players and wait for the inevitable. Once they die, that is when you list that shit (at least, their portion of that shit). Strike while the iron's hot. Nothing brings the collectors out of the woodwork like a funeral. Morbid, yes, but profitable as well, particularly as the poor choices and hard living of a lot of those guys should have them dropping like flies in the coming years.

I always assumed if I ever got a UCS Falcon, it would go into a coffee table. The one posted looks nice but the top being 100% glass scares me a little.

I showed it to my wife and she told me to get it. I knew I married the right girl. :beer:

That is an awesome idea. Would be great for dioramas too. There has to be a LotR or Harry Potter diorama in one of these things somewhere, right?

bread's done
Back