LEGO Deals 3

PIcked up the Jurassic Park set at Walmart about an hour ago. $40! (ridiculous price) They had two of them. I didn't notice any other exclusives, but this WM usually lags behind some of the newer ones in inventory.
You shouldn't complain too much. The price is actually decent for pieces, minifigures and part count. It also is the first actual set with a spoon. Plus is Europe it's 50 Euro, that's $62.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked at the police minifig on eBay. Goddamn, lame minifig and way too pricy.

Anyways still have a set minus police, and a set minus police + clown.

What the fuck is wrong with LEGO fans? I have an LEGO Instagram (naturebricks, follow my awful building because they will have adult posts at some point) and the people there are idiots. One guy complains that the two Batman sets suck because they are too cartoonish. It's based on a comic book which is literally a cartoon with less slides. Another person insists that the huge roller caster will only be $200, because that's the rumor. The tiny merry-go-round is $200, use some common sense.

I'm going to watch some Red Sox clips and have a drink, is it too early to drink? fuck it it's 4-20 I'll just smoke.

Series 18 set minus cop - 60 shipped GONE

Minus cop and clown - 54 shipped GONE

Set minus cop, clown, and cat - 50 shipped

US only. PM me if interested.

Updated what's available in minifigs.

Also, did not ship today. Got boxes though! Stuff should go out Monday before my eye appointment blinds me with dilation for a day.

Last partial set left! I'm shipping tomorrow so if you want it, contact me ASAP.

I saw the wall set at Target. Well, the Indoraptor "building" if that's what we're referring to as the wall set.

Here's an official image of the Ninjago docks. Looks a lot better than the leaked image but still much less appealing than the city.

70657-1.jpg

Who here bought the Black Panther ship from AWD before I could?  :shame:   :razz: 

We have a bunch of the summer 'sets' which it's clear LEGO only cares about minifigures and not set design.

We have a bunch of the summer 'sets' which it's clear LEGO only cares about minifigures and not set design.
I saw a Friends Surf Shop at the store the other day. Great idea for a set (I made my own a few years back), but man, what a dismal design. A glass wall representing a store front and a half wall? So it's not even the typical Friends 3-wall design. They're rolling with a 1.5 wall design. Nevermind that there is nothing of substance to the shop. The entire set is the minidoll, seal and kayak. What a joke.

I saw a Friends Surf Shop at the store the other day. Great idea for a set (I made my own a few years back), but man, what a dismal design. A glass wall representing a store front and a half wall? So it's not even the typical Friends 3-wall design. They're rolling with a 1.5 wall design. Nevermind that there is nothing of substance to the shop. The entire set is the minidoll, seal and kayak. What a joke.
I almost bought that set for $12 from Target just for the seal, kayak, stickers and a few small parts. Every part though is pretty much based on the minifigure. It's a beach minifigure accessory pack with 150 other pieces.

I like the big JW2 set, the tan and dark red look great together, the gutters are beautiful, but it makes the NinjaGo Movie temple look thick at 4-6 studs wide, it's ridiculous. System builds were three walls and a roof, fire stations never really had sides, but they looked fine. Friends used to be three sides and no rood and I was fine with that. Now we get one side, that's it.

I'm getting bitched at from LEGO fans for saying that the Fun on the Mountain minifigure pack is supposed to be only minifigures. No, no it's not. Fun in the Park and at the Beach both had small mini builds. Mountain has people and that's it. It might as well be another CMS.

Batman is getting a thrown together trike thing and a mini version of a Batwing that looks like every other version but tiny. No one cares because they have minifigures people want.

Then we have the new coaster, it's cool looking, I was thinking $350 tops, it's $380. It doesn't look like a $380. Just like the merry-go-round shouldn't have been more than $150, this whole theme is outrageously overpriced. But LEGO peeps go 'But the price per part!', yeah but the Assembly Square has 100 less pieces, is $100 less and feels decent. The coaster is just impressive because it's huge. (I love it, but once again, we used to get 1-3 $150-$200 sets a year, now we get 1-3 $200-$800 every month.) Also it needs Boost or PF to run. So it's $40 if you were lucky and got a Boost at Target for $60.

The big $380, 4100 piece RollerCoaster (Tycoon)...
https://brickset.com/article/35749/10261-roller-coaster-press-release#comments

Then we have the new coaster, it's cool looking, I was thinking $350 tops, it's $380. It doesn't look like a $380. Just like the merry-go-round shouldn't have been more than $150, this whole theme is outrageously overpriced. But LEGO peeps go 'But the price per part!', yeah but the Assembly Square has 100 less pieces, is $100 less and feels decent. The coaster is just impressive because it's huge. (I love it, but once again, we used to get 1-3 $150-$200 sets a year, now we get 1-3 $200-$800 every month.) Also it needs Boost or PF to run. So it's $40 if you were lucky and got a Boost at Target for $60.

The big $380, 4100 piece RollerCoaster (Tycoon)...
https://brickset.com/article/35749/10261-roller-coaster-press-release#comments
I was disappointed too in the price. As much as I like it, if the choice is getting gouged with big sets and crazy prices or smaller sets and lower prices the coaster seems to be setting a dangerous precedent. it's one thing to have a baseline of 150 dollars a set and generally stay that way like the modular series (sans Assembly Square) but going from the 150 dollar mixer to the 380 dollar coaster, Lego is really punishing anyone who wants to stay in the series.

I was disappointed too in the price. As much as I like it, if the choice is getting gouged with big sets and crazy prices or smaller sets and lower prices the coaster seems to be setting a dangerous precedent. it's one thing to have a baseline of 150 dollars a set and generally stay that way like the modular series (sans Assembly Square) but going from the 150 dollar mixer to the 380 dollar coaster, Lego is really punishing anyone who wants to stay in the series.
My issue is with the LEGO community, they aren't out spoken at all. LEGO could have charged $1,000-$1,500 for the Falcon because the fans would have still bought it and LEGO knows once it retires it will be $5,000 on eBay. So now the same thing happens with the amusement park rides being 25% higher than they should. At least the Modulars have only gone up $20 in 10 years. But this is all because LEGO knows it's fanbase is a cult and will gladly hand over the money no matter how much they are getting fucked over. It's like everyone is in a toxic relationship and will go along, make excuses, boy the excuses (Read Brickset's comments), for how LEGO behaves / charges.

Also I feel these massive sets are all LEGO cares about. LEGO makes 800+ sets a year and let's be honest, the core / common / 'cheap' themes and sets are suffering for it. They probably figure people will still buy them because they want the figures, but the money is really in the overpriced huge sets.

And don't forget at some point between now and May 2019 we are getting a Cloud City set with a Slave 1 and Cloud Car, that's probably $300-$400 and a Harry Potter Castle in August that overtime I see a rumor the price goes up, but it's at least $500 AND you need to buy the $90-100 Grand Hall to complete the build.

Looks like the Jurassic Park set is already selling out ... ordered one at full price rather than waiting for a sale. Had hoped to get it for less, but I like some of the custom Jurassic Park stickers and pieces, so what the heck.

Looks like the Jurassic Park set is already selling out ... ordered one at full price rather than waiting for a sale. Had hoped to get it for less, but I like some of the custom Jurassic Park stickers and pieces, so what the heck.
I'm sure LEGO will make several more productions of it. The Jurassic World 1 sets stuck around for awhile. Plus there are rumours of a massive $300+ set, because it is LEGO after all. It's not a real theme without a $500 set.

The hype for Series 18 is insane. I missed two eBay auctions for 14-15 of the 16 for $42-$46ish range. A complete set minus cop has gone up to $65-75; with the cop, sky is the limit, but $100+ easy, I have seen $120 or $130. It's a shit cop that you can get the original one for 50 cents on eBay probably. I was spoiled to <$2.25 minifigures with NinjaGo and Batman Movie, but I would never pay $5 for a minfigure!

I'm sure LEGO will make several more productions of it. The Jurassic World 1 sets stuck around for awhile. Plus there are rumours of a massive $300+ set, because it is LEGO after all. It's not a real theme without a $500 set.

The hype for Series 18 is insane. I missed two eBay auctions for 14-15 of the 16 for $42-$46ish range. A complete set minus cop has gone up to $65-75; with the cop, sky is the limit, but $100+ easy, I have seen $120 or $130. It's a shit cop that you can get the original one for 50 cents on eBay probably. I was spoiled to <$2.25 minifigures with NinjaGo and Batman Movie, but I would never pay $5 for a minfigure!
My math has the partial set I have at 2.80 a figure after shipping. I may be wrong... it's still early so I'm half awake.

Have some coffee and wake up Georox. :) I need a 'full' set (I don't care about the cop) because I still haven't even seen the series around here. Non-lisence figures are no longer ordered at stores around me.

And we are getting another new $160+ City 'Capital' set. Looks like overpriced shit that the cult members of Brickset love. There are a bunch of vehicles, a bus, a crane, a hot dog stand (Which has replaced the 90s massive amount of pizza stands), an ugly empty building that supposed to be a museum and a cute little Hotel. Yes I like the Hotel... oh wait it has no fucking side walls! Now that I think of it the next modular, that's a much better deal, should have a hotel.

https://brickset.com/article/35837/another-enormous-city-set-revealed!#comments

Have some coffee and wake up Georox. :) I need a 'full' set (I don't care about the cop) because I still haven't even seen the series around here. Non-lisence figures are no longer ordered at stores around me.

And we are getting another new $160+ City 'Capital' set. Looks like overpriced shit that the cult members of Brickset love. There are a bunch of vehicles, a bus, a crane, a hot dog stand (Which has replaced the 90s massive amount of pizza stands), an ugly empty building that supposed to be a museum and a cute little Hotel. Yes I like the Hotel... oh wait it has no fucking side walls! Now that I think of it the next modular, that's a much better deal, should have a hotel.

https://brickset.com/article/35837/another-enormous-city-set-revealed!#comments
Yea... if I had a cop it'd be on eBay, I won't lie :p I wish I had the other two, I haven't even seen more of the series around here. May check a store on Friday though... been busy with health, just got bumped up the transplant list *and* my sources for a liver just doubled, they're saying within 3 months I'll get a transplant now. It's been almost 4 years waiting, I have 20+lbs of water retention right now, and no energy at all.

Speaking of custom, anyone seen any custom JP minifigs anywhere? I'd love an Ian Malcom, Hammond and Nedry. Haven't had much luck finding anything on ebay.

My math has the partial set I have at 2.80 a figure after shipping. I may be wrong... it's still early so I'm half awake.
Your math is off. $60 divided by 16 is $3.75.

If you need a kidney I have one that only works at 75%, they think I was born with it that way, but you can have it. Sadly need my liver. Now do you need to wait for a full one or it is like a lung and a part of one will work?

I need a full. Partial might've worked had it been about 5 years ago, but mine has cancer in it so the entire thing has to gtfo.

Man I just saw how much the series 18 cop is going for, guess I should be lucky I found one, right when I was about to give up too. Makes me want to track down a second one

$25-$30 which isn’t crazy but that’ll still pay for 6-7 other minifigures from the wave to offset your cost if you’re buying the whole series or get you about a $30 new LEGO set. Also as time goes on the value will prob just increase.

There's a store here that sells items with extremely damaged boxes, scratch and dent appliances, Target clearance that didn't sell, etc..  Not unusual to find LEGO there every now and then.  They had a UCS Snowspeeder this weekend for $120.  I picked it up, and it seemed the right weight but just felt "off".  Shaking it produced no LEGO noise and so took it to the register and we opened it.  Filled entirely with cardboard and snapple bottles...

Barnes and Noble has LEGO Batman movie sets marked 30% off, additional 10% off if you’re a member

Looks like the new Harry Potter sets are roping me back in damn it

Was in Target today, and on one of the endcaps was a tub filled with 100+ Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman keychains for $1.78. 

They had series 18 too, first minifigures they've stocked in about a year.  Came across a 2nd cop, does anyone actually need one?

Was in Target today, and on one of the endcaps was a tub filled with 100+ Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman keychains for $1.78.

They had series 18 too, first minifigures they've stocked in about a year. Came across a 2nd cop, does anyone actually need one?
I haven't seen a regular series CMF in target in years now. I'd take a cop for $4 and sell it for $40 online.

Harry Potter is the best theme this year by a mile. And I have never even read a page of the series.

So, I'm going on hiatus from the minifigure stuff. Liver has gotten far worse and I'm still waiting on a transplant. Retaining over 30lbs of fluid in my stomach/abdomen area. It's hard to sit up, move, walk, anything. 

Since moving to the area around El Paso I've been much, much luckier in finding clearance Lego. This place is a goldmine. Got lucky with finding a bunch of Dimensions sets at Walmart the other day. Been a long time since I've been so lucky. Got a lot of building to do tonight!

So, I'm going on hiatus from the minifigure stuff. Liver has gotten far worse and I'm still waiting on a transplant. Retaining over 30lbs of fluid in my stomach/abdomen area. It's hard to sit up, move, walk, anything.
I hope you get your transplant soon, Geo!

I hope you get your transplant soon, Geo!
I do to, my dad came up from California to visit and I could barely stay awake.

In LEGO news, wife picked up the roller coaster and got me the TRON lightcycle set, so that's fun, I get TRON stuff!

In non-LEGO news, I think my body is trying to kill me more than normal, keep having stomach pain so extreme it's causing nausea. It reminds me of going through radiation.

Any timeline on you getting a new liver?

And in the most crazy fucking LEGO news ever...

LEGO will be making Overwatch sets. Yes that Overwatch. Guess LEGO is pissed at themselves for not getting the Halo license because LEGO is a kid friendly, non violent company.

Any timeline on you getting a new liver?

And in the most crazy fucking LEGO news ever...

LEGO will be making Overwatch sets. Yes that Overwatch. Guess LEGO is pissed at themselves for not getting the Halo license because LEGO is a kid friendly, non violent company.
I'm excited for this. I'm hoping they do a CMF series for the different skins. I will buy them all.

bread's done
Back