LEGO Deals 3

Went to the LEGO store in Chicago and they had the Wind Turbine setup and running.  Very cool.  Not sure I'd have a place for it though.

Went to the LEGO store in Chicago and they had the Wind Turbine setup and running. Very cool. Not sure I'd have a place for it though.
I find it ironic that it uses batteries to generate power.

You know what would have made that sweet? That it actually generates power from wind (say pointed near an open window) for a lighting grid inside your Modular sets.

I was hoping the windmill was potato powdered. 

Destiny's Bounty is $120 on Amazon and for $5 extra you can buy a Mickey or Minnie Easter plush! (Mickey is the ugliest ever)

What is frustration free packaging for Lego?
In my one experience it's actually better packaged. It's the normal box, in the shipping box LEGO ships sets in, in an Amazon shipping box. However there have been reports of it being a plain brown box full of LEGO. If I had time I'd take a picture for you.

Also the Marvel TRU Bricktober set is live on S@H. Go get it before it's gone forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm conflicted:

Captain Marvel--which by the way is a hell of a fun ride and Carol seriously brings it in this; ignore all petty, jaded reviews you come across--only seems to have gotten the one set of Lego (see below).

On one hand, it gives you a lot of the film--the main three protagonists and Goose, but on the other hand it leaves out the options of additional sets that are possible since this does go all over the place--the subway, the Kree HQ, other ships, other places I won't mention so as not to spoil it.

Now Dr. Strange got two playsets. Why is this kickass adventure road film getting just the one so far? It also leaves out some other major characters from the film too. I mean, Young Coulson, Yon-Rogg, Maria, Mar-Vell... :whistle2:k [attachment=31927:Screenshot_2019-03-08 Captain Marvel and The Skrull Attack - 76127 Marvel Super Heroes LEGO Shop.png]

If I had to guess LEGO decided to go with the Avengers Endgame sets and it didn't make sense for them to flood the market. I think they made the right choice. You can't release a full line for every super hero movie when there are so many being released you'd never sell it all. I don't watch those movies but I'm definitely getting that iron man hall of armor.

But Strange has two, and Black Panther has what, 3 if you count the Civil War chase set?

I mean really. Who needed the tentacle set for Stephen? And a second Milano set for that matter?

There were some huge missed opportunities here. The final battle alone could have been an easy one to put together, and the Subway/car chase would have been killer. Two figs in a car chasing the train with two more characters (and maybe a few terrified passengers) inside, with blow-off roof and The old lady swinging from a brace pole inside to land a kick (with reversible face)?

But Strange has two, and Black Panther has what, 3 if you count the Civil War chase set?

I mean really. Who needed the tentacle set for Stephen? And a second Milano set for that matter?

There were some huge missed opportunities here. The final battle alone could have been an easy one to put together, and the Subway/car chase would have been killer. Two figs in a car chasing the train with two more characters (and maybe a few terrified passengers) inside, with blow-off roof and The old lady swinging from a brace pole inside to land a kick (with reversible face)?
You are really confusing the issue. You can't say Black Panther has three when one of them is from another movie! Doctor Strange has two sets, again because they are from different movies. Captain Marvel will be in an upcoming movie at some point in time, I'm assuming they didn't kill her off.

LEGO makes maybe one set from the side Marvel movies and several from the flagship. We also don't know what Disney tells LEGO designers, maybe they didn't know of the plot of the movie besides this one ship.

Also Super Heroes wasn't listed in the top ten LEGO themes for last year, so that is very telling too.

Like already mentioned, Dr. Strange only had one at the start. The other set is the Infinity Wars set (with one of the infinity stones). Black Panther had two small sets, and one Civil War set.

Anyone know what the story is with the LEGO Store (40305) set that’s a LEGO store exclusive? Was that a give away previously? Found one yesterday but it seemed to be the only one in the store. I also noticed there’s some sort of “new store” opening set that appears to be even more detailed, but with the same premise of being a brick built Lego Store. Anyone know what these are?

Anyone know what the story is with the LEGO Store (40305) set that’s a LEGO store exclusive? Was that a give away previously? Found one yesterday but it seemed to be the only one in the store. I also noticed there’s some sort of “new store” opening set that appears to be even more detailed, but with the same premise of being a brick built Lego Store. Anyone know what these are?
Store opening sets. First xx number of people who spend over yy amount on the first day of a store's opening gets a set. I had 2x 40145 from a local store opening.

You are really confusing the issue. You can't say Black Panther has three when one of them is from another movie! Doctor Strange has two sets, again because they are from different movies. Captain Marvel will be in an upcoming movie at some point in time, I'm assuming they didn't kill her off.

LEGO makes maybe one set from the side Marvel movies and several from the flagship. We also don't know what Disney tells LEGO designers, maybe they didn't know of the plot of the movie besides this one ship.

Also Super Heroes wasn't listed in the top ten LEGO themes for last year, so that is very telling too.
Guardians 2 had THREE sets: Milano Vs. Abelisk, Ravager Attack and Ayesha’s Revenge, and that was a sidestory if there ever was one. There's no connection to the main overarching story whatsoever--whatever happens with Ayesha (the birth of Adam) won't happen until 3, after Endgame. Both Strange and Carol's stories are tied in to the main pretty intricately.

I agree that Lego has been overreaching in their licenses (and the numbers reflect that), but even if you take out the other extra set of BP, you still have two official movie sets from it.

Strange made sense as his was mystical realm bending, and may be a little hard to convey in a set for the average builder, that makes sense that it only had one initial set--but this was a female action superhero with big set pieces and frankly was pretty darn incredible, seeing as how there was a ton of buzz and she is the first female-led superhero film FOR MARVEL--and for Lego, that would harken back to their days of full inclusivity from their 1970s and 80s to have a couple of sets that appeal to both boys and girls without gender packaging.

Do you just want to keep rambling on and on feel free. I'll just keep pointing out how wrong you are. Don't take it personally, or do, what the fuck do I care.

LEGO makes X amount of sets a year for each theme. They figure out how much a theme can support. This year and last year Avengers had more slots. Like it or not Captain Marvel isn't the top Marvel movie this year.

LEGO made at least one Wonder Woman set. I guess you actually forgot the first female super hero movie.

GotG  was one two Marvel movies that year (they now do three so less sets), so they released sets. More so because Winter Soldier didn't get a single set at all.

Captain Marvel is third their behind Spiderman and Avengers. 

2017 had 7 Marvel sets
2018 had 9 Marvel sets
2019 will have 10 Marvel movie sets and extra Spiderman sets because that's Marvel's main selling point. Like it or not it's all about Spiderman and Batman.

Like everyone else already pointed out, it has become normal for the stand alone first timers to have one set. Ant-man, Doctor Strange, Ant-man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel are all one set films. That leads to some disappointment when it comes to Lego sets, but I will say that all three of those movies have some really great knock off minifigs if you ever check them out. That's how I got a movie Wong and a Strange in training minifig a couple years back. The Captain Marvel KOs are actually some of the best looking minifigs I've seen so far speaking from a design standpoint. They have minifigures for Yon-Rogg, Minerva, Korvath, Young Fury, Young Coulson, and so many Carol variants (NIN Carol is AMAZING)! https://www.ebay.com/itm/153072286405

I know a lot of your complaints also came from general playability of the set, but the additional minifigures are a welcome addition for me. I can come up with things to build and play with them in. Maybe a Captain Marvel Mandroid mech? Who knows!

I haven't made any large scale Lego purchases in a little over a year, but that Bricktober pack convinced me to right that wrong. I ended up grabbing the Spidermech set (I've always wanted an official Venom), Knightmare Batman accessory pack, and the Ant-man and the Wasp Quantum Realm set. I figured that would be the last sets I would buy for a while, but the fact that next month is SW anniversary AND the Endgame sets AND the SE Avengers Tower set should be put up on S@H, I'll probably be spending whatever the minimum is to get the Tower because I gotta have that sweet Iron Man suit variant from Avengers 1.

Anyone pick up the Lego Avengers collection at GS? They were advertising a Silver Centurion and Iron Patriot minifigure as a gift with purchase. I have a Silver Centurion (my favorite Iron Man suit ever), but I reallllly want to cop an official Iron Patriot.

Anyone pick up the Lego Avengers collection at GS? They were advertising a Silver Centurion and Iron Patriot minifigure as a gift with purchase. I have a Silver Centurion (my favorite Iron Man suit ever), but I reallllly want to cop an official Iron Patriot.
Where are you seeing this? I know they had this promotion two years ago but don't see it listed now.

Before I resort to listing on eBay I want to see if anyone is interested in the following, all unopened sets. Can always open and toss the boxes to save on shipping. Shoot me a pm if you have questions -

41322 Snow Resort Ice Rink
41122 Adventure Camp Tree House
41594 Captain Armando Salazar
41593 Captain Jack Sparrow
41596 Beast
10706 Blue Creativity Box
10745 Florida 500 Final Race
21123 The Iron Golem
10732 Guido and Luigi's Pit Stop
853609 Minecraft Skin pack
40268 R3-M2 (SOLD)
40298 DJ (SOLD)
30615 Edna Mode

Do you just want to keep rambling on and on feel free. I'll just keep pointing out how wrong you are. Don't take it personally, or do, what the fuck do I care.

LEGO makes X amount of sets a year for each theme. They figure out how much a theme can support. This year and last year Avengers had more slots. Like it or not Captain Marvel isn't the top Marvel movie this year.

LEGO made at least one Wonder Woman set. I guess you actually forgot the first female super hero movie.

GotG was one two Marvel movies that year (they now do three so less sets), so they released sets. More so because Winter Soldier didn't get a single set at all.

Captain Marvel is third their behind Spiderman and Avengers.

2017 had 7 Marvel sets
2018 had 9 Marvel sets
2019 will have 10 Marvel movie sets and extra Spiderman sets because that's Marvel's main selling point. Like it or not it's all about Spiderman and Batman.
Jesus, calm down Greenie.

Criticism of Lego is allowed on this board.

I noticed though you avoided confirming the fact that GOTG2 got three sets--one of which was a scaling down of an existing set from the previous time--despite being the most irrelevant of the MCU in terms of story progression unless you count Mantis as being a key factor.

Also, for being a huge Spidey fan, the market is oversaturated and I'd love to see Lego's numbers on that bank heist set that's STILL sitting on store shelves.

Like everyone else already pointed out, it has become normal for the stand alone first timers to have one set. Ant-man, Doctor Strange, Ant-man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel are all one set films. That leads to some disappointment when it comes to Lego sets, but I will say that all three of those movies have some really great knock off minifigs if you ever check them out. That's how I got a movie Wong and a Strange in training minifig a couple years back. The Captain Marvel KOs are actually some of the best looking minifigs I've seen so far speaking from a design standpoint. They have minifigures for Yon-Rogg, Minerva, Korvath, Young Fury, Young Coulson, and so many Carol variants (NIN Carol is AMAZING)! https://www.ebay.com/itm/153072286405

I know a lot of your complaints also came from general playability of the set, but the additional minifigures are a welcome addition for me. I can come up with things to build and play with them in. Maybe a Captain Marvel Mandroid mech? Who knows!

I haven't made any large scale Lego purchases in a little over a year, but that Bricktober pack convinced me to right that wrong. I ended up grabbing the Spidermech set (I've always wanted an official Venom), Knightmare Batman accessory pack, and the Ant-man and the Wasp Quantum Realm set. I figured that would be the last sets I would buy for a while, but the fact that next month is SW anniversary AND the Endgame sets AND the SE Avengers Tower set should be put up on S@H, I'll probably be spending whatever the minimum is to get the Tower because I gotta have that sweet Iron Man suit variant from Avengers 1.

Thank you for your reasoned thoughts. You're right, its about playability, but considering the forest attack for Guardians was kinda weird in terms of a set, I just think that AGAIN (not to point out to you, just others who seem to think there's a problem with it) that there were golden opportunities for set pieces to make for great playsets from this movie, both big and small.

That's all.

You may now all resume your regularly scheduled Lego chat.

I looked up the ad to check this out and I'd also like to know if anyone has been able to pick up those minifigures. Iron Patriot goes for around $25 and silver centurion can go for $40.

I looked up the ad to check this out and I'd also like to know if anyone has been able to pick up those minifigures. Iron Patriot goes for around $25 and silver centurion can go for $40.
I was able to get one of each over the weekend by just going to my regular GS and asking! I'd suggest checking it out if you haven't already. They had around 30 Silver Centurions at mine and I got the last Iron Patriot.

My collecting has slowed down considerably and I’m sitting on about $50 worth of VIP points so it takes the sting out but even then I’d be getting it regardless
I’ll actually be in Disneyland on the first so I’ll probably pick it up there

I'm taking the kids to Disney World for the first time in late summer.  I'm considering the Disney Castle for something to do the weeks leading up to the trip.

I think I'm in on Steamboat.

Here's my small list of stuff for sale / trade if anybody is interested:

10245 Santa's Workshop

40138 Christmas Train
79118 Karai Bike Escape
41076 Farran and the Crystal Hollow
40139 Gingerbread House
79107 Comanche Camp
4192 Fountain of Youth
40289 Diagon Alley
40292 Christmas Gift Box
7197 IJ Venice Canal Chase
7682 IJ Shanghai Chase

They're all new and sealed, but some may have more shelf wear than others.

My collecting has slowed down considerably and I’m sitting on about $50 worth of VIP points so it takes the sting out but even then I’d be getting it regardless
I’ll actually be in Disneyland on the first so I’ll probably pick it up there
I can't remember the last time I bought something at the Lego Store. The only reason we stop in lately is to see how the newer sets look upfront in the displays. Their discount sets are just a joke...10% off sets that have been 50% off at Target and Walmart. How did you spend $1000 there? The Falcon?

My collecting has slowed down lately too, but that is mostly due to how Lego pricing is out of whack, clearance isn't what it used to be, and Lego not letting store coupons apply to their products. My son is also catching on to how they spread minifigures out in a line that requires you to purchase lackluster sets just to complete your Avengers for example, so even he is losing interest since he is spending his own money too now.

I only make exclusive or promo purchases at the LEGO store and have been sitting on my accrued points forever. Anything that is a wide release I just get at other retailers when on sale or clearance, which like you said, clearance hasn’t been as good as it used to be which coupled with my waning interest in the hobby in general has me buying a lot less and ok with missing out on certain sets or deals

Edit - here are the Spider-Man Far From Home sets

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-spider-man-far-from-home-official-set-images/

bread's done
Back