LEGO Deals 3

I agree with you.

When I saw the Garage in a Lego store, I was totally underwhelmed, and then turned off by the $199 price tag. I also just don't get the concept of a veterinarian over an auto repair shop.

If there's ever a pretty good discount on it, I'll pick it up, but it would have to take that. I'll pick up the Bookstore whenever I can.

The Bookstore has roughly the same number of pieces as the Garage, feels (to me) like you get more, and costs less. Whatever, Lego.
I forgot about the weird markup on the garage because you get a vehicle. I still found the bookstore a bit disappointing. I'm behind as the Parisian is the last modular I bought but I'm only compelled to get the Diner and Assembly Square at this point. Seeing how the Parisian was heavily discounted over time I hope the same happens for the Garage and Bookstore and I'll more seriously consider them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot about the weird markup on the garage because you get a vehicle. I still found the bookstore a bit disappointing. I'm behind as the Parisian is the last modular I bought but I'm only compelled to get the Diner and Assembly Square at this point. Seeing how the Parisian was heavily discounted over time I hope the same happens for the Garage and Bookstore and I'll more seriously consider them.
Every modular LEGO has made has been heavily discounted, even CC and GG were 30%+ off in their lifetimes. The Brick Bank was the one that wasn't discounted for very long because LEGO for some reason retired it out of order. (Which I can see happening with the garage and diner.)

I'm thinking Assembly Square must be retiring in 2020, it's getting rather old, and I'm waiting for it to be on sale like the others. I never understood the point of getting a set right away with no free promos or discounts.

And a trip to Canada will save you $30 on the Bookstore and $25 on AS.

The bookstore was disappointing to me too. There's like 1 bookshelf, and the cafe is much more prominent. I've been to cafes that felt more like like bookstores than this thing.

It's great to hear that sets all go through discounts because I haven't seen that but don't track personally. The brickiest review of the Bookstore was a bit more positive but the interiors are still austere to me and it was surprising to see them praised so much.

It's great to hear that sets all go through discounts because I haven't seen that but don't track personally. The brickiest review of the Bookstore was a bit more positive but the interiors are still austere to me and it was surprising to see them praised so much.
I think it funny when people like an interior, then complain the buildings are smaller. I like the beds, but I care more about how they look on the outside than inside. I can just throw some plates and tiles together and make more books.

I question the green rug and why the back windows have green pieces, that's weird, bit I like it a lot more than the last two. It will be nice to get in 2-4 years for $144. :)

Mysterious Lego.com code gives 30% off some stuff...LL14.

Good luck.

Edit:  Works on the ap controlled rally car pre-order WingsDJY!

Also Mindstorm motors and sensors that never go on sale.  And Power up motors and hubs.

New Batmobile for $175.

Mysterious Lego.com code gives 30% off some stuff...LL14.
It's dead. I got a 'Please enter a valid code'.

How cheap do you peeps think TLM2 stuff will go? It's been 50% off often, the castle and Rexplorer have been 51-52% off and still nothing sells out after weeks of these sales.

I gave up on the modulars after the corner Mall store.  It got too expensive and I still have nowhere to display them.  Because of that, my Green Grocer is in pieces thanks to my 5 year old using it as a Star Wars base lol.

He also built this out of some extra parts in the HP advent calendar.  

h4bmlId.jpg

He calls it his little tank.

AWD has had a few cheap Spiderman HydroMan Attack sets for really cheap, there was just one for $16.82. I'm hopefully getting it for Christmas, but almost bought it just to be safe. Has 471 pieces, and 4 minifigures. Another cheap set that keeps showing up is this year's City Advent Calendar for $14.20, which is how much I paid. The minifigure selection is really nice in it if you want one for next year.

I think my first order is going through which was Overwatch Roadhog set and a bunch Mindstorm sensors. But my second order which was the rally car got cancelled. Oh well.
I placed one order, it was immediately cancelled, and the $100 in VIP points that I used was not refunded. I am on hold with LEGO customer service now.

I'm going through my 'backlog' of LEGO. It might take me to 2026. But some of the sets on bricklink are super expensive, like the sets are LEGO pricing now. Like one of the older Quinjets. I also have a Pirate set 6279 sealed that looks good if anyone wants to spend hundreds of dollars on a new Pirate set let me know. :)

That’s the problem I run into with my backlog. When I go to build something, I see how overinflated the aftermarket price is and just put it back on the shelf

Lol, tell me about it.  I did that with my HP sets, though they've probably dipped since the re-release.

I thought the Disney series was getting discontinued but I was at Wegmans the other day and they had 2 brand new boxes of figures.  I finally completed my Ducktales set.

Lol, tell me about it. I did that with my HP sets, though they've probably dipped since the re-release.
From what I have seen on eBay is the older HP sets have actually increased in price. It's really weird. I'm thinking about selling my older figures and then just buy the new sets with the money.

I looked into why the second (?) Quinjet was so much, it has Super Duper Ultron, it's the only set he comes in that isn't a Comic Con Exclusive.

I feel like buying all the Iron Man sets because as soon as they retire people want the what suit number is in the set.

EDIT - Just got through about 85% of my backstock. (I keep finding more so that's a guess.) My current backlog of all sizes of sets, promo sets and such, not including duplicates, Dimensions or modulars is.... 116 different sets.

I'll add them to a new Brickset I made just for this...
https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-DGB4

I loathe the new program!!!! The old way wasn't broken at all,  the only way it would redeem itself if the reward program had exclusive sets but I'm sure that would upset others as well.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Is eBay the best place to sell complete boxed sets? I have some older stuff I bought for kids who lost interest or don't really fit the sets I enjoy building. It's mostly random stuff, like the build-a-board-game sets, Star Wars, EXO-Force, that Eqyptian theme from a while back, etc.

Got the Corner Garage and Voltron for Christmas, though, so I'm not lacking in things to build. Just figuring I should stop using up the closet space.

Depending on the set it might be worth to only sell the figs. Depending on the price it sells and how much shipping is versus what your actually paying are things to take into consideration.

Is eBay the best place to sell complete boxed sets? I have some older stuff I bought for kids who lost interest or don't really fit the sets I enjoy building. It's mostly random stuff, like the build-a-board-game sets, Star Wars, EXO-Force, that Eqyptian theme from a while back, etc.

Got the Corner Garage and Voltron for Christmas, though, so I'm not lacking in things to build. Just figuring I should stop using up the closet space.
Ebay is usually the way to go If you're going to double or triple your money. If it's marginal, shipping and fees will kill it. If you wanna post your list here some people might be interested.

Lego clearance has started at Target and Walmart. 

My local stores got wiped out this year...mostly just clearance tags on empty shelves at Walmart.

Good hunting.

Lego clearance has started at Target and Walmart.

My local stores got wiped out this year...mostly just clearance tags on empty shelves at Walmart.

Good hunting.
What themes were on clearance? Looking for NinjaGo, cheap Hidden Side and Harry Potter sets, and the Space City sets primarily.

What themes were on clearance? Looking for NinjaGo, cheap Hidden Side and Harry Potter sets, and the Space City sets primarily.
The Walmart I went to had a ton of shelf space for clearance but almost all of the sets had been cleared out. I got:

Overwatch D.Va - $19

Ninjago Titan Mech - $49

Hidden Side Shrimp Boat - $15

LEGO Movie 2 Ultrakatty - $15

They also had a Toy Story RC car for $5 and some Minecraft, Star Wars, and City on clearance. Oh just remembered the Quinjet was $49.

Rexcellcior is $90, $35 at a few stores if you can find.
Over watch bastion is $25, elsas castle is $49, Milano I think is $30.

Walmart's clearance is pretty great. I picked up 4 cheap sets, none of the big sets on sale really interested me.

I did notice SOME new 2020 Lego sets at Walmart, along with the Captain Marvel/Fury polybag. 

Kohl's also has the 2020 sets on sale.

Happy hunting! This has been fun.

I walked into Target and the first aisle had NOTHING besides some LM2 sets that no one wants. The second aisle looked a little better but not much. I did find a Jetski girl for 50% off in the Christmas section.

Walmart was worse, there was nothing left at all besides some shooting Star Wars things, LM2 sets and the Hidden Side boat! The box sucks but whatever. I will now go back to dying.

My Kohl's had two Cruising Adventures 31083 sets for $12 each. I passed because I already have one and the checkout line was too long to justify the wait.

My walmart is notoriously slow and shitty about markdowns. I went in two weeks ago and it looked like nobody bought any lego in the last year. Went in today and almost everything was gone. There was 3 clearance items left in the whole aisle. I ended up with TLM emmet and Benny's workshop and some random overwatch set that I know nothing about lol

Going to start building Ninjago City soon. It’ll be the largest set I’ve ever built, I think. Hope everyone has a good new year.
It's the 5th largest set by piece count at almost 5,000.

Biggest sets I've built have been Destiny's Bounty and Fishing Shop at almost 2300. Awesome sets. I'm going to build sanctum sanctorum showdown later today.

Our New Year's Eve builds.  My son built his Falcon over a couple of days but saved the last piece for midnight last night.

Maybe I'm just old school, but I really don't like using my phone as a controller for Lego vehicles.  I want real, physical sticks and buttons!

Thinking about adding lights to the Falcon.  There's light kits for the truck too, but I think the wiring would interfere with its actual driving abilities.

[attachment=33472:20200101_145811.jpg]

bread's done
Back