LEGO Deals 3

I can't wait for roving groups of drunk Liverpool tossers to break into LEGO stores to destroy these sets and piss all over them. I mean, I don't think it will actually happen but LEGO accidentally picking a side in a longstanding rivalry between, uh, "passionate fans" is hilarious.

I can't wait for roving groups of drunk Liverpool tossers to break into LEGO stores to destroy these sets and piss all over them. I mean, I don't think it will actually happen but LEGO accidentally picking a side in a longstanding rivalry between, uh, "passionate fans" is hilarious.
No I could actually see this happening. At some point there is a going to be a designer signing event and there are going to be some crazy asshole soccer/football fans (they are all assholes :lol:) that will be peeing on the designers or something equally as crazy.

Walmart has the Overwatch space shuttle for $59 and the pink mech for $24. Amazon is $63 and $24. Almost the price point I'd buy them. 

Rumour is that the 2020 Overwatch sets have been canceled because of poor sales.

Also Bricks and Pieces has 2020 pieces now and 2019 pieces are going byebye. 

Last edited by a moderator:
LEGO News...

The new NinjaGo/Chima/Nexo theme will have a giant blue big fig.

The next Creator Technic Car will be a Fast and Furious car. Maybe a lime green one.

LEGO has FINALLY released some info and pictures for DOTS.

The great thing about this line is we are getting a bunch of new printed tiles including a rainbow poop print. There will be mystery bags with 99 1x1 tiles and 10 mystery printed tiles (Including the poop) for $4. 

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-dots-officially-announced/

Current LEGO promo is a Hidden Side drag racer with purchases over $45. I just built mine, it's cute and I'm a sucker for all of the Hidden Side stuff. I don't care about the app stuff but I like original IPs and the sets are pretty well done, although last year's wave was much better than this year's.

Otherwise, I've taken a bit of a break from LEGO to check out some other brands for the first time. I got a few cheap Mega Construx sets and they're fine, entertaining to put together but also quality control is non-existent. Two of the first three sets I built are missing pieces. I also don't understand why all of the bricks are marbled rather than just one solid color. Maybe it's cheaper to do this than making sure everything comes out a consistent color? Whatever the reason, it's a weird look. But they do have some IPs that I like, and the awful instructions make the builds more challenging, which I actually enjoy. You can't sleepwalk through them like you can with LEGO.

I also bought some Cobi sets and am actually genuinely impressed. There isn't a lot of customizing you can do because there are so many specialized pieces, but the quality of the pieces and builds is really high, almost at LEGO levels. The minifigs are hideous trash but I don't care about off-brand minifigs anyway. If you like military and historic vehicles these are really fun to build and display. I can see myself getting a ton more of these sets.

I haven't been in here in a while, but wanted to share my big clearance haul at an out of town Walmart over the weekend.

Spider-Man Far From Home: Molten Man - $5

Spider-Man Far From Home: Hydro Man - $7

Lego Movie 2: Battle Ready Batman and Metalbeard - $4.50

Jurassic Park Velociraptor Chase - $7

Overwatch Genji and Hanzo - $4.50

Overwatch Bastion - $11

Hiddenside Wrecked Shrimp Boat - $5

I picked up everything they had except the Wildstyle cases that were $7 each. I've never been so surprised at the deal I got. They also had tags for Lego Ninjago Movie mechs for $9 and the Kessel Run MF for $15, but those were, of course, nowhere to be found.

They also had tags for Lego Ninjago Movie mechs for $9 and the Kessel Run MF for $15, but those were, of course, nowhere to be found.
I'm amazed you found a Walmart still selling NinjaGo Movie sets. I haven't seen one in stores in 18 months.

Has anyone been buying the DC minifigures? The people on eBay I get minifigures from haven't increased their prices. I was day dreaming and four of them went for $7.75 shipped. Is everyone there just stealing them? :lol:

The boy and I felt out about 9 of the ones we really wanted, but only because they were $3.44 at Walmart. At $5, we would have gotten zero.
Oh yeah. At $2 I'd get the women and the lanterns. At $5 the only thing I'm giving Lego is the finger.

But is the quality any better? The legs have always been really 'meh' on the figures.

I was going through some old flickr pictures and found these.  I completely forgot they used to do this.  I guess the free mini sets are better.  

4281736371_aaf0937ebd.jpg

4282499714_4bf1779382.jpg

I used to fill the shit out of those boxes, especially when they used to break the old sets apart and throw them in the bins.

Miss the good ol' days!

After tonight's news I'm split between selling all of my LEGO and moving to Canada to watch the world ends and building all the LEGO and just pretending everything is fine.

Monkey Kid. I am excited about this theme because I love Journey to the West.
You are right, I swear I read Monkie Kid and just thought it was LEGO being weird, like a Monkey Kid who is a monk. I mean NinjaGo and Chima?

Still a weird name for a theme, but I do love Asian buildings so what the hell.

Here's a video with the Logo, 14 sets from $4-5 to $100-$120.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLbAx6bps60

I bought the last Party Bus from Walmart.com for $35 last night. I don't really like it, I'm pissed Disco Unikitty doesn't have her scarf, but you peeps like it and 1000+ pieces for $35. I had to. $35 more in the red won't matter. :lol:

My unikitty is cracked. Anybody think Lego would replace it?

https://imgur.com/gallery/h9SNSzh

This forum needs some updating. I can't even post the pics in here.
My unikitty is cracked. Anybody think Lego would replace it?

https://imgur.com/gallery/h9SNSzh

This forum needs some updating. I can't even post the pics in here.
Oh no Unikitty!

I'd try. I'm not sure that face will still be around but they can at the very least give you a TLM 2 brick. I had a warped Cars 2 print I got and it wasn't available, yet two weeks later without warning the piece came in the mail.

I bought 30555, Trolls polybag for $4 at Target. They are $5 at Walmart like all new polybags.

It's a cute little set, the head and hair are interesting, the shirt is nice, but more useful than Angry Birds. It's a cute little set with a bunch of colorful pieces and a lot of new ones. Also has a bag of music notes and new cupcakes. I'd say grab 1-2.

Yea, I grabbed one too. Not a fan of the colors on the big sets, but the troll itself is kinda cute.
I like the hot air balloon. I wish they were more like Elves and less what we got. But some useful pieces for $4.

And the new Ideas sets were revealed, Pooh and the Blacksmith shops will be made. I love how LEGO is like 'China is a huge focus for us' and then will release a set that is banned in China.

LEGO is also looking into lighting for certain sets called Night Mode. Go to Brickset or any popular LEGO blog because the team leader is looking for feedback online.

I bought five of the Super Hero CMF series in an eBay auction for $11. $2.10 a figure is a nice deal. I got Sinestro, Ms. Captain America (The one I really wanted), 50s Flash, Aquaman, and four elements guy.

I really want the female ones, Green Lantern piece and the Batman comic piece. I'm not going out of my way for them though. However it's nice to see the quality is a little better, like the legs don't suck and bend too easily like normal CMF series.

Also this weekend is NYC Toy Fair so we should get a few new pictures of sets being released March-June. I'm going to guess it will also be the big reveal of Monkey Boy.

Thanks for nothing, Lego...

Dear Condor,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Thank you very much for your pictures!

I’m very sorry for the cracked bricks. You could send us the element numbers of the cracked/damaged bricks and we can order it for you, or I can send you the link here and you can order them directly on our LEGO® Website.

Hope I could help you with this matter!

I wish you a wonderful day!

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

Not sure what the issue or complaint is here. They always ask for the element numbers (found in the instructions) of the missing or damaged bricks
Were you expecting them to look at the pic and just order for you based on that?

Oh I guess I misunderstood them. I thought they were saying I had to pay to order them.
No. They just don't have the time to find you that piece number. There is a chance there are none left as it's from the first movie, and you might still need to call if it's OOS. They should still send it for free.

And if they are out just look up a newer Unikitty print and they can send you a different face. They are really good at fixing issues. The 1x1 tiles and cheese slopes break all the time but LEGO will replace them for free. I keep a notebook of pieces that cracked.

The Mandalorian set looks pretty cool and the baby Yoda minifig is adorable.   Brickheadz look cool too.

So when did LEGO.com start taking pre-orders?  Is that new or something just for the Mandalorian sets?  

I don't dive too deep into the Star Wars line (have a few UCS sets and a lot of the Constraction line), but might have to bite on both of these.  

The Mandalorian set looks pretty cool and the baby Yoda minifig is adorable. Brickheadz look cool too.

So when did LEGO.com start taking pre-orders? Is that new or something just for the Mandalorian sets?

I don't dive too deep into the Star Wars line (have a few UCS sets and a lot of the Constraction line), but might have to bite on both of these.
Lego has taken preorders for several years now, but it seems very inconsistent with what they take them for. I feel like most of the items I recall preordering have been Lego store exclusives. I’ve also noticed it with potentially high demand items, ie the Harry Potter sets when they brought the series back.

Sounds pretty inconsistent then because I've probably bought a dozen sets at midnight of launch because a pre-order option wasn't available.  

We are getting a 40th anniversary of trains 'free' promo set with $99 purchase next month.
Also a DOTS photo frame for $35 purchase.
Easter egg thing with $50.

bread's done
Back