LEGO Deals 3

I definitely get the impression that it's Tyler's passion, but clearly Amy has a great amount of skill with replicating/executing his designs. In particular I'm thinking of their tentacled monster for the drop challenge. It seemed like he built one tentacle and then she ran with creating the others while he shifted focus to the planet.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Ugh ... want Pirates set ... can someone mail me a check to cover that and other expenses for this month?
What? You haven't gotten your $1200 government check? That should be enough for rent, health care, utilities, food and LEGOs for the next year and a half of the pandemic.

That looks like a nice little set. There is a little roller coaster, street meat vendor, and some nice mini figs, there is a wheel chair and baby one.
The sale price is excellent. If you do order people have been saying they are getting a 'ticket code' and the whole check out system is confusing as hell. So just be sure not to pay for something you don't want.

Also most of the other sets are $20 and still have free shipping.

I've always envisioned having a nice little theme park setup, but 'little' is impossible with theme parks. But things cost money and the cheaper Friends Ocean Park never went on sale, neither did the Creator 3 in 1 set.

Has anyone been building anything? I mean with LEGOs and not a bomb shelter.

I've always envisioned having a nice little theme park setup, but 'little' is impossible with theme parks. But things cost money and the cheaper Friends Ocean Park never went on sale, neither did the Creator 3 in 1 set.

Has anyone been building anything? I mean with LEGOs and not a bomb shelter.
Just a bomb shelter out of Lego

Made it on slickdeals, all it took was those fuckers to say it was selling for a lot. =/
Those fuckers are rich assholes who only care about themselves and more and more useless money. There was once a deal on sports coats / suits. Those cucks were going on and on about how real adults dress up.

I've been growing my own food since I was 2, never wore a real tie in my life. But those suits are really useful now.

Haven't really felt like building anything and also trying to save money. Dozens of people I know are infected and four of my friends are ER doctors who are treating covid patients every day. Fortunately no one I know has died yet. It's pretty bad though. I think people in less populated areas don't quite have it in their faces as much as we do here. 731 dead yesterday alone. Sorry to be a bummer.

Haven't really felt like building anything and also trying to save money. Dozens of people I know are infected and four of my friends are ER doctors who are treating covid patients every day. Fortunately no one I know has died yet. It's pretty bad though. I think people in less populated areas don't quite have it in their faces as much as we do here. 731 dead yesterday alone. Sorry to be a bummer.
Whatever do you mean? It's being blown out of control, just thoughts and prayers and everything will be fine. Never-mind that the first hotzone was caused by temple.

I was watching something and he was an EMT in NYC with 3-4 jobs because the state average for EMT is $37,000. But that's okay because he also doesn;t have health care. He isn't offered it at work and can't afford it.

Richest country in the history of the world. An EMT doesn't have health care.

So to me it's a great time to build some LEGO, just pretend that what you are building is real.

I'm glad your ok, sorry to hear about everyone else, I was actually thinking about you the other day when I haven't seen you post here in a bit.

June is when aliens come, Yellowstone erupts in July, I think August is the month that Godzilla shows up. I never understood why anyone would preorder a non exclusive set, but this sure isn't the year to plan four months out.

There are also some decent Target sales right now with the 10$ giftcard. Many 20% off, a few 40%+ off. If I didn't have to buy food

I was interested when the Mario sets were announced, but they did a really poor job with them.  I'm going to wait for sales on any of these at those price points.

I was interested when the Mario sets were announced, but they did a really poor job with them. I'm going to wait for sales on any of these at those price points.
I am generally a sucker for Nintendo but that set just doesn't do anything for me. I would still buy it if it was $20 but I don't think I will ever see it at that price. Mario is too rectangular. Hopefully they come out with some more traditional sets with regular size minifigs in it

Hopefully they come out with some more traditional sets with regular size minifigs in it
What I don't get is the designer even admitted there will be 'normal' sets of different LEGO themes in the future. So why start with this thing and not regular sets? All I can think of is that the Minecraft license ends soon and regular Mario sets are similar and will take it's place.

And in this week's WTF eBay... 13ish Star Wars figures for nearly $1,000!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-STAR-WARS-MINIFIGURE-LOT-Boba-Fett-Lando-Chrome-Vader-Smooth-Hair-Leia-/153887959042?nma=true&si=c5YjuUY%252Fah4V8A9U5yOs%252Ba%252BoP2s%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that catches on. I have a lot of new, out of box, assembled sets I would love to sell.

One other trend I noticed was "official" Lego sets listed as new without a retail box. Can't help but think you're just getting a pile of Lepin bricks. It was most notable with the Chinese New Year sets that came out only in Asia last year.

I hope that catches on. I have a lot of new, out of box, assembled sets I would love to sell.

One other trend I noticed was "official" Lego sets listed as new without a retail box. Can't help but think you're just getting a pile of Lepin bricks. It was most notable with the Chinese New Year sets that came out only in Asia last year.
I agree on both accounts! I will gladly build all the sets I still have on ebay and then sell them as new!

Also some of the sets that are sold as 'new' without boxes means they were taken on of the trash. Was it someone here who said LEGO Store returns would be thrown in the trash? So some of them are real LEGO and people are dumpster diving. Which I'm more than willing to do, just make sure that the dumpster isn't one that smashes things.

And LEGOLand sales...

LEGOLAND Florida

• 17% off – LEGO 60277 Lunar Space Station $49.99 (reg.$59.99)
  • 13%% off – Ultimate LEGOLAND Bundle (40306 Micro Castle, 40166 Train, 40393 Fire Academy, 40347 Driving Cars) – $69.99 (reg.$79.99)
  • A few LEGOLand Ultimate I love LEGOLAND Girl/Boy Bundle on sale for $42.99 (reg.$58.99)
LEGOLAND California

• 30% off – LEGO 40306 LEGOLAND Micro Castle $13.99 (reg.$19.99)
  • 17% off – LEGO Wooden Minifigure $99.99 (reg.$119.99)

EDIT - Remember you can order online now.
    EDIT 2 - Because I'm a bitch Comic Con San Diego has been canceled. So good news as LEGO can't hand out exclusive shit now. :)

I agree on both accounts! I will gladly build all the sets I still have on ebay and then sell them as new!

Also some of the sets that are sold as 'new' without boxes means they were taken on of the trash. Was it someone here who said LEGO Store returns would be thrown in the trash? So some of them are real LEGO and people are dumpster diving. Which I'm more than willing to do, just make sure that the dumpster isn't one that smashes things.
That was me - at my store it was open returns are to be thrown out, full stop. YMMV, but if other managers are as fanatical as mine was, then returns aren't getting tossed still sealed in the individual numbered bags - bags got cut open and loose pieces then dumped straight into the trash. I doubt anybody is dumpster diving whole sets out of that. I'm sure some stores are less rigid about it, or maybe there's even some outright fraud going on where sealed bags are getting tossed for later pickup, but I can't imagine either avenue is a significant portion of the resale market.

That was me - at my store it was open returns are to be thrown out, full stop. YMMV, but if other managers are as fanatical as mine was, then returns aren't getting tossed still sealed in the individual numbered bags - bags got cut open and loose pieces then dumped straight into the trash. I doubt anybody is dumpster diving whole sets out of that. I'm sure some stores are less rigid about it, or maybe there's even some outright fraud going on where sealed bags are getting tossed for later pickup, but I can't imagine either avenue is a significant portion of the resale market.
I remember reading that about ten years ago minifigures were being stolen a lot from sets (Which is why they stick them in separate bags now.) that BN would take the return and throw the whole box in the trash and workers would go over and pick them out later. But what I don't get is why wouldn't the manager take the pieces and stick them in the build table at the stores or to local hospitals. Even my former therapist said they would gladly take my old Duplo. Throwing them out is such a waste. And what happened to them sticking the extra LEGO in bags and selling them for cheap?

Wait, what? Why are unopened returns being trashed at LEGO Stores?
They were open returns.

My store used to do grab bags with open returns and it was wonderful and fun to get assortments of pieces and guess what the sets they were from. That changed about 10 years ago.

I see the new series of CMF is 4.99. That kills that for me. Oh those glory days of $2 figures

My store used to do grab bags with open returns and it was wonderful and fun to get assortments of pieces and guess what the sets they were from. That changed about 10 years ago.

I see the new series of CMF is 4.99. That kills that for me. Oh those glory days of $2 figures
Actually found them at Walmart last night...still $3.44 for our store. With no one out shopping we had an untouched box to go through. Nice not being gawked out while you feel the bags!

At $3.44 we'll grab the ones we want, but if they actually hit $5...we're out.

The grab bags were always sold out when I got to the store. I had only seen them ones and it was 5-6 bags of blue pieces and just regular blue pieces. It was weird.

But it's amazing to me how much LEGO has gone down hill in the last decade, no coupons in catalog, no grab bags. The printing on minifigures is beyond bad. There is no excuse for the thin printing of flesh color over a dark plastic (like Batman's head). LEGO used to be able to do it.

Minifigures are $3.44 at Walmart and $3.99 at Target. Or like $2 on eBay if you wait a few months.

1. I figured they had it.  Engineering aside, their character building was pretty top notch.  They weren't my favorite team, but I think they deserved it.

2. I miss those grab bags too :(

3. Since we can't go anywhere anymore, I've been sorting the loose lego I've had for years.  I started with 2 big bins like the one in the middle.  I'm down to the one big bin.  I'm surprised how many plates there are.  There are definitely more of those than any other piece.

https://imgur.com/a/ga2KTk7 

4. My son has been building his Pokemon Mega Bloks (?) sets.  They actually look pretty good, but they are really fragile.

https://imgur.com/JlSxa2i

I would have preferred Mark and Boone to win as I loved their engineering more than Tyler and Amy's. Most impressed with Sam and Jessica's evolution from round one to the final though it clearly was third best.

As an aside, I watched season one of UK Lego Masters. It was pretty rough so the producers have certainly refined how the show should work.

Aw man ... awesome Great White ... with a giant boat I don’t want. Looks like that’s getting opened and returned to the LEGO store ... jk (thought I’d be timely with my comments)
I'm actually fine with you doing that, but do it with Amazon instead. :lol:

That big shark alone has gone for $30-40 on ebay. There used to be two in a $50ish Agents set. Same with the LEGO sheep, two in one set that was $70, always on sale for $49. One sheep $40-50+.

I'm probably going to get Sea Lab because I always wanted the Diver one and never got it. The price will be $70-90 though.

And before the pandemic I was looking at 60228/60229 on ebay. The $100 and $150 rocket sets as I love LEGO Space Port. The $150 set had a few go for $68 with no box or no figures to $80-85. So like 45% off. The $100 one was always only 30% off. Never bought them because I knew the pandemic would come and we all be fucked in the USA. 6 weeks later and they are MSRP. I don't get it. They are still on Amazon and Target, why buy from ebay for full price? Plus where are people getting the money? I never got my $1200 but still, that's nothing. People have money for LEGO?

People have money for LEGO?
It all depends on what kind of job people have. A lot of office people are able to work from home and make the same (or close to the same) money that they did before the pandemic.

But with all the uncertainty, I'm personally trying to decrease my spending (not that I've been successful lol)

It all depends on what kind of job people have. A lot of office people are able to work from home and make the same (or close to the same) money that they did before the pandemic.

But with all the uncertainty, I'm personally trying to decrease my spending (not that I've been successful lol)
80% of the country can not work from home. But the NY governor said just get an 'essential' job and risk your life, maybe I'll take his. My favorite is unemployment is supposed to be $600+ a week. $15 an hour is more than most of the USA makes actually working. The USA makes no fucking sense.

TLM2 is on Amazon Prime. LEGO ditched WB and went with Universal on making new LEGO movies. I think that's kind of stupid, but whatever. Don't expect a second LEGO Batman Movie. Also Amazon has series 20 minifigures for $3.44 but a limit of three.

My understanding was that WB walked from Lego after TLM2 flopped. I loved that movie fwiw.

My understanding was that WB walked from Lego after TLM2 flopped. I loved that movie fwiw.
It may have been a series of underperforming Lego movies that did them in with #2 being the final nail in the coffin. I liked Lego Batman and tlm2. I had no interest in Ninjago and so did most of the movie going public apparently.

I LOVED the original Lego movie and Lego Batman.

I thought Lego Movie 2 was solid, and Lego Ninjago movie was the worst, but I didn't dislike it.

bread's done
Back