LEGO Deals 3

Apparently LEGO vip rewards had some signed Harry Potter sets that went oos, would have been nice since they were not to badly priced.

Bespin Duel, Razor Crest, Death Star II all came by mail over the weekend and then I went to the LEGO store yesterday picked up the Hedwig set and got the little polybag free

Spending the least amount of money to get some movement, you'll just need a battery box and a motor.

I've found power functions to be fairly cheap and durable, especially compared to the new system.

Having said that, power functions components are like regular Lego pieces...the more quantity and variation you have, the more freedom you have to be creative.

You want remote control...you'll need an IR controller and an IR receiver.

You DON'T need the DC power plug (charges a rechargable battery that isn't even listed). Also the servo motor is only good for rotating an axis 90 degrees in either direction (think steering wheel).

The battery boxes perform the same function but one is AAA and connects like a giant Lego brick, while the other is AA and connects with Technic.

The only hidden cost to using power functions is the gear pieces and perhaps Technic pieces you might need to do what you want...like the chain you mentioned.

I mostly add power functions to trains which means I need a train motor, IR receiver, IR controller, and battery box for each train. The IR controllers have 4 channels to send signals on, so a single controller can control 4 different trains.

Good luck.
Thanks. I see three motor types for train, steering wheel, and other (three sizes here). I see two battery box sizes. Ok good. Then is it thee controller types?

IR Speed Remote - for starting, stopping and speed?

IR Remote Control - start and stop only?

Control switch - is it for changing directions?

Then a light, IR receiver, two extension sizes, and the unrelated transformer.

If I have the above right, I think I'll go with L-motor, AA battery box, IR Remote Control, IR receiver, and 20 inch extension wire.

Should have taken photos but off the top of my head....

Star Wars, kylo rens, shuttle, slave 1, yoda

Hiddenside, haunted mansion, train, shrimp shack, I think the truck

Spider-Man, most of the sets minus the newer ones,

Harry Potter, Voldemort, expecto patronum, horntail

I did see ninja go sets with red tags but didn’t pay attention to those, dome of the city space sets may have been as well.

I picked up both haunted high school and train hidddn side sets, kylo tens shuttle, razorcrest, clock tower and character 4pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have to take a trip there. Havn't been there since pre pandemic.  I know they have been closed longer due to rules of indoor malls, maybe they are just sitting on more stock than other stores that have been able to open sooner.

Thanks. I see three motor types for train, steering wheel, and other (three sizes here). I see two battery box sizes. Ok good. Then is it thee controller types?

IR Speed Remote - for starting, stopping and speed?

IR Remote Control - start and stop only?

Control switch - is it for changing directions?

Then a light, IR receiver, two extension sizes, and the unrelated transformer.

If I have the above right, I think I'll go with L-motor, AA battery box, IR Remote Control, IR receiver, and 20 inch extension wire.
The AA battery box has a orange switch on it which turns the motor on by sliding forward and also by sliding backwards which reverses the spin direction of the motor. The control switch does the exact same thing. I've used them when accessing the battery box is a pain, otherwise I've just used the switch on the battery box.

The IR remote control is basically two switches in one unit. You can't tell from the picture, but the IR receiver has a red output and blue output meaning you can control two motors with one IR receiver/controller combo. This controller is good for controlling vehicles like a tank or zero turn mower.

The IR speed remote is like the remote control but instead of the motors being fully on or off, you can spin the orange dial to incrementally add voltage to the motors giving you more speed options. I use these for my trains so they don't fly off the tracks.

Your shopping list looks good, the only thing I might suggest is throwing in a medium motor too. Relatively cheap and surprisingly strong.

Good luck and have fun.

Considering returning Barracuda Bay and putting the credit towards the Mos Eisley set that comes out Oct. 1 ... really tempted and wouldn’t have an extra $350 to keep both. I guess I could return BB and then hold off for a deal on points or the holiday bonus set.

Hmm, wonder if it will have issues selling out ... clearly the NES and Piano have gone in and out of stock, but you would think $300+ sets wouldn’t be flying off the shelves right now.

I'm guessing the expensive sets are selling out because (1) Lego manufacturing may not be ramped up to full capacity just yet and (2) people who are still making their full paycheck aren't spending money on vacations and entertainment, so maybe they have extra budget now. 

I'm guessing the expensive sets are selling out because (1) Lego manufacturing may not be ramped up to full capacity just yet and (2) people who are still making their full paycheck aren't spending money on vacations and entertainment, so maybe they have extra budget now.
I'm spending so much less money because I don't go out to eat.

LEGO-Creator-Elf-Club-House-10275.jpg

Well this is supposedly the Winter Village set coming out next week? (the 23rd?)  Looks kinda weak.  Also, while the box design is sleek and has a sharp looking design, it doesn't really go with the theme at all.  Super dark black box for Christmas and elves?  lol

That being said, I have them all and this one will find a home here too.

Does that say 1797 pieces?  Where are the other 1000 pieces in the picture?  Stuffed in the house for a surprise?

Edit:  Oh maybe that's 1297.  That makes slightly more sense.

I went to the LEGO store to pick up MOs Eisley Cantina, I saw it on shop@homewith lightsaber in the morning but when I got to work to order it was oos. Forced my hand to go to the store, they seem to be selling pretty good.

GL with eBay, they seem to be selling around $100 right now.

Check your local Walmarts...they are starting to put a bunch of Legos on clearance in my area.  The rest of the Hidden Sides, Harry Potter Clock Tower, lots of Trolls stuff, D-O from Star Wars, etc.  I picked up the Wonder Woman set for $21.  Good luck.

Edit:  looks like the Trolls stuff might have been regularly priced, but definitely some Frozen and Friends sets on clearance

Quiet in here lately ... Star Wars Boba Fett Helmet (75277) is down to $30 or lower at some Walmarts. UPC for brickseek is 673419318433 and SKU is 292378093.

Quiet in here lately ... Star Wars Boba Fett Helmet (75277) is down to $30 or lower at some Walmarts. UPC for brickseek is 673419318433 and SKU is 292378093.
$13 at some now. I've never seen the helmets in any Walmart, only Target. Didn't stop me from going on a wild goose chase to a store that showed possibly having some. :wall:

Some prices on clearance Lego are hitting close to 75% off. Pandemic and unreliable brickseek inventory end up keeping me home more often rather than going out hunting.

Thinking about getting the Razor Crest from [email protected]'t see this getting discounted any time soon, so might as well get double points and some freeebies.

Well guys, it's been a fun 17 years sharing LEGO posts and enjoying all of your awesome LEGO deals ... since a pack of guys on the main deal boards have decided to come after me, call my main account an alt and have gotten one of the mods to ban me, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you. It's been a blast but it's time for me to move on. Cheers.

Well guys, it's been a fun 17 years sharing LEGO posts and enjoying all of your awesome LEGO deals ... since a pack of guys on the main deal boards have decided to come after me, call my main account an alt and have gotten one of the mods to ban me, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you. It's been a blast but it's time for me to move on. Cheers.
etcrane? Brother you got banned? 2020 just can't stop sucking. I'm willing to put in a good word for ya if ya need it. Thread won't be the same without you dude. You do what you gotta do , but you're always welcome here. Take care bro.

I haven't had a good Walmart lego clearance find in a while but I struck gold this morning. I was actually looking for some switch games[attachment=34768:IMG_20201019_082515900.jpg]

My local Walmart has 3 Boba Fett head on clearance for $13. None anywhere to be seen. I can't stand Walmart.

That being said, I picked up Griphook from the HP Minifigure Series 2. I'm a big sucker for unique swords/weapons and it looks fantastic. 

The Sesame Street set is awesome. Should be revealed officially tomorrow for a November 1st release.
Cant wait for Oscar Da Grouch!!!!! I can't wait for the next selections either, a lot of the submissions this year are awesome!!!!

Just picked up the Batwing, got it with double VIP points, with those points it should leave me with close to 30000, plugging away at that Star Destroyer.

bread's done
Back