LEGO Deals 3

I've been waiting for a nude Oscar the Grouch my entire life. Wait, what?
Look at the box. It says "18+".

Sesame-Street-LEGO-Box.jpg

Well this is a first.  My Razor Crest came from Lego.com with the box smashed and completely open.  Mindstorms bonus set missing too.  Came off the truck like this because I was home when delivered.

I was going to return to a store, but was told the stores can't take online returns they can't resell?  They're sending me another, but I had to bring this one to a Fed Ex store to be sent back.  Also out of stock on the bonus set!  I know it's Fed Ex's fault, but what a waste of time.

[attachment=34799:box.jpg]

[attachment=34800:box2.jpg]

It’s a pain with damaged items, it seems to take forever to get someone on the phone lately.

FYI... there’s a 25% off target circle for toys, I picked up a lightsaber. Unsure if it will work on LEGO but it made me jump on the lightsaber quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is a first. My Razor Crest came from Lego.com with the box smashed and completely open. Mindstorms bonus set missing too. Came off the truck like this because I was home when delivered.

I was going to return to a store, but was told the stores can't take online returns they can't resell? They're sending me another, but I had to bring this one to a Fed Ex store to be sent back. Also out of stock on the bonus set! I know it's Fed Ex's fault, but what a waste of time.
box.jpg
box2.jpg
So Lego.com didn’t offer a discount or VIP points? Did they feed you the line “We don’t guarantee the condition of the Lego box”?

Walmart’s BF box of LEGO is going to be $30 this year??? Wasn’t it $20 last year, I think it was less piece count but I know they’ve had 1500 before and I don’t remember paying that much.

Jurassic World Triceratops Rampage is 30% off on Amazon ($41.97 down from $59.99) ... not quite low enough for me to bite but I do enjoy the Dino sets ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q1JYTV5/
There is currently a coupon that makes it $38.79 on Amazon. if you want to bite.

And Husher, Fedex is the worst. I don't know if it happened nation wide last year but fed ex had packages from November 1st to after Christmas with a 'weather delay'. People around here started showing up at the warehouse because the tracking just had them sitting there for months.

Has anyone heard from illennium recently?

So Lego.com didn’t offer a discount or VIP points? Did they feed you the line “We don’t guarantee the condition of the Lego box”?
They gave me VIP points to cover the Mindstorms bonus...would rather have discount. CS is nice enough, just not going too far out of their way for me. They told me I could return it to a store, so I called the nearest and asked them to hold one for me. The store also had some Mindstorms bonus sets left too. Then Lego.com called me and said I couldn't return it in store since it was damaged. Would have been a hassle to go to the store, but I would have gotten exactly what I wanted. Instead, I had to call back the store and cancel my hold, repackage and go the fed ex store to return, and roll the dice again on another delivery. And while this is mostly a fed ex problem, Lego shipping only wrapped the box with one piece of tape! Wouldn't take much to jostle that open. This is why I prefer going to the store, just wish it was closer!

And Husher, Fedex is the worst. I don't know if it happened nation wide last year but fed ex had packages from November 1st to after Christmas with a 'weather delay'. People around here started showing up at the warehouse because the tracking just had them sitting there for months.
It's probably a regional/local issue. FedEx has been great for me. UPS has been an absolute nightmare for me. I've had shipments go from Texas to Puerto Rico to my house in CT. I've had an actual "Train Derailment" listed as the reason for a delay. But the worst is how they deliver packages. My house is on top of a hill, so I've had many deliveries just left next to my mailbox. Luckily, I've had a neighbor that has seen some of these deliveries and brought them to my house. I had several $1000 purchases left there. The last straw was when they delivered an Audio Receiver ($1800) at the end of my driveway. The driver's excuse was that his back was hurt. I questioned UPS how his hurt back would prevent him from driving up my driveway.

I can't even imagine the nightmare I would have to go through to get a replacement for some of the items if they were stolen.

Wonder if the Cantina will come back into stock before Black Friday ... really want it, no idea how to finance it with console purchases around the same time, but would be nice to get it with a BF deal / bonus.

Fedex was the only company that never left things on an enclosed porch. I ordered from Walmart and they leave the box in the way of the door in the rain so I need to walk around the house to get it.

UPS sticks it in a trash bag for me and one step down so I can open the door.

It's funny I've authorized fed ex to leave packages, but for the last two Lego orders, they didn't deliver because we weren't home.  Is this a thing for anyone else?  

It's funny I've authorized fed ex to leave packages, but for the last two Lego orders, they didn't deliver because we weren't home. Is this a thing for anyone else?
I haven’t had this problem, you make claims against fed ex or is there a theft problem in your area?

They have these really nice boxes they can use for the certain sets but they choose not too, I’ll take some me pictures this weekend.

LEGO.com has some more former free gifts for sale, like they have with the polybags, the two Batman figures, they include Easter bunny, Easter chicken minifigures, the blue hot rod and a brick built egg/chich thing.

It’s a pain with damaged items, it seems to take forever to get someone on the phone lately.

FYI... there’s a 25% off target circle for toys, I picked up a lightsaber. Unsure if it will work on LEGO but it made me jump on the lightsaber quick.
Target coupons pretty much always exclude LEGO
Which saber did you get?

Walmart’s BF box of LEGO is going to be $30 this year??? Wasn’t it $20 last year, I think it was less piece count but I know they’ve had 1500 before and I don’t remember paying that much.
Pretty sure it’s always $30

Target coupons pretty much always exclude LEGO
Which saber did you get?

Pretty sure it’s always $30
I got Kit Fisto, the only one I'm missing from the ones currently out is Asajj Ventress.... I'm holding off because I need to buy two of them.

Photo of custom Lego box, I like these so much better, I don't know if they have a bigger size, I've only gotten them in this size. It's a pain to get stuff shipped this way, you need to call the order in and speak to the right person.

https://flic.kr/p/2k1jcD5]

I got Kit Fisto, the only one I'm missing from the ones currently out is Asajj Ventress.... I'm holding off because I need to buy two of them.

Photo of custom Lego box, I like these so much better, I don't know if they have a bigger size, I've only gotten them in this size. It's a pain to get stuff shipped this way, you need to call the order in and speak to the right person.
You've gotten these from Lego? I always get them from Amazon when they state frustration free packaging.

s://flic.kr/p/2k1jcD5]
Those are the boxes that LEGO ships the expensive / exclusive sets to stores in. For the life of me I don't know why LEGO just doesn't leave them in those boxes when shipping them. My 'frustration free' Saturn V rocket came in a bigger one. I use it as the box for when I'm building sets.

Is there an easy way to filter to them? Only found the hot rod by searching for it by name
Yeah it's a pain, same when they added the polybags. I only noticed it when I went to look up something on Bricket.

Easter Egg
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-easter-egg-40371?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-oSv%2FvWYkQIY-2014326-115554-40371
Easter Bunny Hut (Minifigure is like $3 on Bricklink)
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-easter-bunny-hut-5005249?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-oSv/vWYkQIY-2014326-115554-5005249
Chicken Skater (Almost no one is selling them and $7-9).
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/chicken-skater-pod-853958?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-oSv/vWYkQIY-2014326-115554-853958
Hot Rod
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/hot-rod-40409?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-oSv%2FvWYkQIY-2014326-115554-40409

Mine too, but it still looked better than the Comic Con Star Wars set I got from Target or LEGO.

Sesame Street came out today along with the rereleases of Saturn V and Ship in a Bottle. I don't understand why they got releases while early Cuussoo sets sold out in days and never were restocked. 

That SDCC Black Widow set is up on Lego.com if anyone's hunting for it.

501 Clones on sale at Target.com for $24...can't find these in stores around here.

Also for future reference, when you return a purchase to Lego.com and they send a replacement, they take back the VIP Points.  15 minutes waiting on the phone to correct this.  Biden better fix this sh!t.

For the 5 people (including me) who haven't heard this song from 2019 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXkRw3mcqe0&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=zero

bread's done
Back