LEGO Deals 3

It seems that the Star Wars nebulon frigate went on sale, it slipped my mind ad went oos. Amazon is supposed to carry it it too, let’s hope I don’t miss it.

It seems that the Star Wars nebulon frigate went on sale, it slipped my mind ad went oos. Amazon is supposed to carry it it too, let’s hope I don’t miss it.
It's been going in and out of stock on Amazon all night so don't give up if you missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally forgot about this too. Guess I'll just buy the Colosseum instead. :roll:

This is what happens when you let Amazon have control of an exclusive...

IMG_20201114_130925386.jpg.a0b77b32e9addba16ebd515d04a8a437.jpg

Oof.  I thought Amazon placed a limit on the Black Widow set, though they may not have had that in place when it first went live.

I did manage to get an order in on S@H last night.  I got an out of stock email about 5 minutes after the order, though, so we'll see how long it takes to get to me.

No that’s from today, something about not having limits on commercial accounts.
Wow... that's fucking stupid. And same day delivery on top of it? What bullshit. Almost as big of bullshit as making sets to sell to 4,000 people at a comic con.

I just wanted a second one in case my out of the country cousins wanted one.

The Nebulon-B Frigate that was supposed to be a Comic Con exclusive is going to be available on Amazon and Lego stores on Saturday.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-77904-nebulon-b-frigate-release-date-confirmed/
Crap. Wonder if they'll be able to fulfill my order.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status update on your LEGO® order

Dear ...,
Thank you for ordering from LEGO.com. Unfortunately, the item(s) listed below are currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before we can ship the out of stock item(s) to you.

If you made your payment via credit card, please note that while we will authorize your card shortly, it will not be charged until we ship the out of stock item(s). You will receive a separate email notification at that time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. If you’re worried your order will not arrive in time and you wish to change or cancel the item(s) below, please contact us at 800-835-4386.

Best regards,
The LEGO Customer Service Team

I've read in a few different places that some have gotten rewards points for compensation of cancelled Nebulon orders. Might want to give it a try if your order got cancelled.

Don't know how true this is but I heard barnes and noble will be doing 50 percent off lego either tomorrow or the day after. Would be worth keeping an eye on. They are definitely doing some kind of sale in the next day or two.

Don't know how true this is but I heard barnes and noble will be doing 50 percent off lego either tomorrow or the day after. Would be worth keeping an eye on. They are definitely doing some kind of sale in the next day or two.
They normally do for the next 6 weeks to get rid of their older stock of stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

Target will have the Space Port Peoples' Pack, Quidditch, HP Purple Bus and a Friends Ride sets for $24 next week. (40% off)  Maybe less in store because there is a normal price mistake in the ad.

Target will have the Space Port Peoples' Pack, Quidditch, HP Purple Bus and a Friends Ride sets for $24 next week. (40% off) Maybe less in store because there is a normal price mistake in the ad.
Ugh ... time to rebuy the space port people set. Hoped I was done with LEGO purchases for this year.

I think I'm talking myself into buying a set this weekend for the double VIP points and the Christmas Carol set.  My top two choices are Pirates of Barracuda Bay and Downtown Diner, though I could be talked into Corner Garage, Bookshop, The Upside Down, or Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage - or even the Ecto-1 if it's still backordered.  Anyone have a strong suggestion for one of those?

I think I'm talking myself into buying a set this weekend for the double VIP points and the Christmas Carol set. My top two choices are Pirates of Barracuda Bay and Downtown Diner, though I could be talked into Corner Garage, Bookshop, The Upside Down, or Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage - or even the Ecto-1 if it's still backordered. Anyone have a strong suggestion for one of those?
That's a pretty wide range of properties to choose from. I have the Diner and I love it. It's unique among the other modulars. The Corner Garage looks pretty boring and the first one we're skipping. Haven't nabbed the bookstore yet.

I'd love the Jurassic Park set. Not only is it a cool set, but the set of minifigs it comes with are just too cool. I wonder if Alan, Malcom or Sattler will make their way into LEGO Dominion sets next year. (this is the only way to get Nedry, Hammond and Dr Arnold though). I have the Ideas Ecto-1 so while the big one is definitely cool, I think I'd spend my money elsewhere.

So, Diner or Jurassic Park get my vote. I should grab JP before it's retired. Seems like it's been around awhile.

Other sets on my want list would be the Razor Crest, Batwing, NES and Grand Piano. If money were endless I'd already have them all. lol

Ugh ... time to rebuy the space port people set. Hoped I was done with LEGO purchases for this year.
I got it for Christmas last year and I bight buy another. Love the Space Port themes since I was a teenager.

I think I'm talking myself into buying a set this weekend for the double VIP points and the Christmas Carol set. My top two choices are Pirates of Barracuda Bay and Downtown Diner, though I could be talked into Corner Garage, Bookshop, The Upside Down, or Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage - or even the Ecto-1 if it's still backordered. Anyone have a strong suggestion for one of those?
I'm getting the Dinner even though I think it will be on sale next weekend. It was supposed to retire this year before covid so it might be the last chance to get it.

Thanks for the suggestions.  A friend ended up convincing me to get the Pirates set.  I'll look into the Diner if it's still around next weekend, but I'm also kind of afraid that if I get the Diner I'll feel the need to buy all the modulars and I'm not sure if my wallet can handle that.

Thanks for the suggestions. A friend ended up convincing me to get the Pirates set. I'll look into the Diner if it's still around next weekend, but I'm also kind of afraid that if I get the Diner I'll feel the need to buy all the modulars and I'm not sure if my wallet can handle that.
Well unless you have ~$3000 for a used Cafe Corner I wouldn't worry about trying to get all of them. :lol:

Target is having a big Black Friday sale. All the $10 City sets are $6, a bunch of other sets are 40% off including the Harry Potter dragon set and the great hall.

EDIT- Harry Potter, Friends and City have some sets for 40%+ off. The Harry Potter purple bus is actually 51% off. The Space and Fair Grounds People packs are 40% off.

Target is having a big Black Friday sale. All the $10 City sets are $6, a bunch of other sets are 40% off including the Harry Potter dragon set and the great hall.

EDIT- Harry Potter, Friends and City have some sets for 40%+ off. The Harry Potter purple bus is actually 51% off. The Space and Fair Grounds People packs are 40% off.
I am also a sucker for the lego people sets. I also grabbed the donut shop, harry potter's purple bus, and the quidditch set. I haven't seen quidditch go on sale that often. I'm tapped out now

I picked up the Space People set last year for $35 but returned it because I don’t really collect the current space theme and hoped I could pick it up cheaper down the road. At $25 I’m picking it up and repurposing the set as lab workers in my Jurassic Park theme. 😎

I am also a sucker for the lego people sets. I also grabbed the donut shop, harry potter's purple bus, and the quidditch set. I haven't seen quidditch go on sale that often. I'm tapped out now
I have spent way too much money on Lego but yeah that's by far the cheapest the Quidditch set has been. I'm not a Harry Potter fan but I have a feeling that would be a good set to resell in the future.

The Space People Pack is awesome, the fair one I feel doesn't have enough special pieces, like you can get the torsos for 80 cents on Bricks and Pieces, but it has 3 rubber duckies and that's $1 a piece.

Well, after this discussion I bit the bullet.  Jurassic Park: T-Rex Rampage is on the way.  I wanted to nab the new Winter Village set too, but it's OOS.  Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be in stock next weekend and I can use the points I just earned on it.

Unfortunately I didn't get the free teal brick build.  It was in my cart and when I went to check out it disappeared.  I couldn't get it to come back no matter what I tried.  Oh well, I'm cool with just the free Dickens set.

So last year there were some good sales at S@H, don't expect that this year we are back to 'up to 20% off'. I'd be amazed at what is 20% off that isn't 40% off RN at Target. Almost all the exclusives are sold out or OOS. I was hoping for the Asian Temple to be on sale but it's gone.

Really? Damn. I was hoping for a sale on that temple too. It doesn’t even say temporarily out of stock. Just straight up Sold Out
Yeah sadly, sold out, not temp out of stock. Not worth $120 but $96 I would have bite. The Lion Rat Dance set is still in stock.

I doubt the Asian Temple is retiring anytime soon, I think it's too popular to go this soon.

New promo available at Barns and Noble with $75 purchase, pickings are very slim at the moment.

I bought 4 pivot Drive with 2 minifigures to get me over the Threshold.

0673419333344_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg

Working on my 501st army, still have a long way to go but it gets expensive!

I doubt the Asian Temple is retiring anytime soon, I think it's too popular to go this soon.
It's a Chinese new year set for 2020, 2020 is nearly over and we have to look forward to the new horrors 2021 will bring. Last year all the Asian sets retired and this year is supposed to be the same. Covid might change plans, but no point in having a year of the rat sets when it's the year of the Ox. LEGO wouldn't even make more of 80101 or 80102 for the rest of the world.

I got my Harry Potter sets from Barnes & Noble, low and behold they shipped them in separate boxes came in great shape.\

LEGO shop.... take notes.

I don't know why stores/ LEGO just don't leave the larger LEGO sets in the boxes they were shipped to retailers in.

My Star Wars Comic Con ship came in and only slightly smashed in a padded envelope....

Also out of the tens of thousands of LEGO sets I have built I had a first. i had a set missing a piece (grey 1x2 slope) and instead was a 1x2 clip. I've had melted, broken and missing pieces but never missing pieces with a random extra.

bread's done
Back