LEGO Deals 3

I was impressed with the Barnes and Noble freebie. Expected a poly bag but it’s a proper boxed set.

I wonder if it will be available elsewhere. Seems random for B&N to get it

I was impressed with the Barnes and Noble freebie. Expected a poly bag but it’s a proper boxed set.

B&N has had quite a few exclusives in the last few years ... normally they’re bricktober minifig sets, but I believe the Hedwig HP owl set is also exclusive, outside the LEGO store. Whatever happened to the big clearance sale at B&N someone mentioned, did I miss that or has it not happened yet?

Maybe they got that for Black Friday instead of the bricktober minifigure sets that everyone forgot about.

I’m a sucker for these freebie sets, LEGO is really yanking my chain with the coliseum.

@ectrane, isn’t that clearance usually in store? Maybe they don’t have one because they have no extra stock. You have to remember that shelves were wiped clean several months back.

Last edited by a moderator:
The BN.com sale hasn't happened. I always thought it came closer to Christmas and into the new year.

LEGO shop has the most amazing sales ever!!! The 4-5 things not sold out are 20% off including, Flintstones, the Mickey Mouse boat is $72 (cheapest I've seen), Tantive IV, the windmill some Brickheads and some small exclusives like Extras.

VIP is interesting, you can get one $5 off for 325, a keychain thing for 50 points now, sign up for the 1,000,000 point contest (it's free) plus if you have 9000 points you can get that wooden lego figure thing.

Tantive IV is a good buy, I paid full price last year thinking it was going to go OOP soon.

Otherwise, I stayed up for nothing.

Any reports of people getting the $5 to work more than once?

Windmill is sold out. Just as well. I really didn’t need to impulse spend $160.

Flintstones sold out. VIP giant wood minifigure is gone. No wonder Lego didn’t do much. People will buy regardless

The windmill was 30% off at Walmart a few months ago.

The 2021 modular is a police station. 2923 pieces, $200 USD

54965_10278_Front_01.jpg

Kind of an ... odd ... choice given the current political climate related to law enforcement. Also edgy to have a donut shop right next door. Is the other side a polling place? 😜

I grabbed the TANTIVE because I’d wanted it and that Dickens set was speaking to me. Threw a $3 set of greenery and the Falcon/Widow pack in the cart for extra fun and savings. Merry Christmas to me!

The Dickens set is nice. Grabbed it last weekend with the Ideas pirate ship. Was thinking of getting another Dickens set but though I heard they were limiting it to one per household. Not sure if they’re actively checking delivery addresses to enforce it

The Dickens set is nice. Grabbed it last weekend with the Ideas pirate ship. Was thinking of getting another Dickens set but though I heard they were limiting it to one per household. Not sure if they’re actively checking delivery addresses to enforce it
I once bought a few of a set at 50% off, they became 75% off and I bought more. They canceled a whole order of things just because I went over their limit.

I wouldn't bother risking it.

Kind of an ... odd ... choice given the current political climate related to law enforcement. Also edgy to have a donut shop right next door. Is the other side a polling place?
I'm gonna guess there's not a backup modular set lying around to substitute in even with six months' notice.

I'm gonna guess there's not a backup modular set lying around to substitute in even with six months' notice.
Someone interviewed a designer of the Mos Eisley Cantina and asked how long was the planning and designing of the set. The designer said, 6 months from when he was asked to release. LEGO had plenty of time to make another modular, they just don't care to.

Just walked around Barnes and Noble, they were pretty packed with LEGO sets, lots of the older exclusives like the Dinosaur Fossils, Flintstones, etc ... could definitely see some sort of sale in the next month or two.

They skipped a Winter Village set one year. They could have skipped a modular set, or just postponed it to later in the year. It's not like they haven't announced and released a shit ton of big sets lately.

I'm gonna have to come up with a different way to display my CMF sets now that they are 12 per set.  Unless they start making some 12 figure cases.

Stopped by my Lego store this morning.  Picked up the Ecto-1. They had every set in stock, at least 2 of everything.  They were still giving out the Christmas tree poly along with the ice rink.  

Hmm, maybe I should have picked up some of the in store VIP discounts instead of the online ones when they were on sale over the weekend.  It's a pain for me to get to the closest Lego store but the S@H stock is pretty dreadful right now and I'm not convinced there's going to be anything all that exciting to use them on.

Couldn't resist the Harley at that price ... seems like the type of thing that will be collectible in the future, but who knows. Part of me wants to open it and part of me wants to store it away to sell in a few years ... the eternal struggle is real.

Couldn't resist the Harley at that price ... seems like the type of thing that will be collectible in the future, but who knows. Part of me wants to open it and part of me wants to store it away to sell in a few years ... the eternal struggle is real.
I would have pulled the trigger on the Harley but I just got the Ducati a couple of weeks ago.

(Still might.)

Solution: Buy two!

AWD has a Cargo Train with the new system for $120. I bought one last month. I like the last one more but it's a fun build with the engine. (The rest are kind of ehh) but it's nearly half off.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Cargo-Train-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/B07C39LCZ9/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=lego&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1606868780&s=merchant-items&sr=1-17

My Jurassic T-Rex came.  I missed out on the Teal Brick build (disappeared from my cart when I ordered) but was holding out hope they'd throw one in anyway.  No such luck.

The freebie I did get, the Charles Dickens set was trashed.  I usually keep these holiday freebies sealed, but I guess I'll be building this one since it's worthless in this box.

[attachment=35017:Lego.jpg]

My Jurassic T-Rex came. I missed out on the Teal Brick build (disappeared from my cart when I ordered) but was holding out hope they'd throw one in anyway. No such luck.

The freebie I did get, the Charles Dickens set was trashed. I usually keep these holiday freebies sealed, but I guess I'll be building this one since it's worthless in this box.

attachicon.gif
Lego.jpg
Was the shipping box also smashed?

Got the SDCC Black Widow set from Amazon yesterday, shipped in one of those paper bubble bags but remarkably was delivery unscathed 

Hmm, kind of wish I went with an online $20 coupon now that things are starting to shut back down in CA, then again seems like stock is low online. Did anyone get that coupon for the free banana guy or penguin minifig? I need to see if my parents got a coupon, since they live near a LEGO store.

Hmm, kind of wish I went with an online $20 coupon now that things are starting to shut back down in CA, then again seems like stock is low online. Did anyone get that coupon for the free banana guy or penguin minifig? I need to see if my parents got a coupon, since they live near a LEGO store.
I got one, going to try and go either tomorrow or Saturday.

Anybody else get a $5 "tax settlement" charge from bricklink? I haven't bought or sold anything in over a year.

edit: apparently it's an old charge for that sale I made and was never charged for.  They could have worded it better.

Question to some of the more diehard fans.   What's a general rule of thumb on how long sets are around before being retired?  

I just picked up the Jurassic Park set in fear of missing out.  I'd like to do the same for the Bugatti but, you know...just dropped $250 on the JP set.  Looks like the Bugatti has been out for almost 2.5 years, and  they have already launched the next in that line with the Lambo.

So what's everyone's best guess on when the Bugatti will be headed out the door?

Question to some of the more diehard fans. What's a general rule of thumb on how long sets are around before being retired?

I just picked up the Jurassic Park set in fear of missing out. I'd like to do the same for the Bugatti but, you know...just dropped $250 on the JP set. Looks like the Bugatti has been out for almost 2.5 years, and they have already launched the next in that line with the Lambo.

So what's everyone's best guess on when the Bugatti will be headed out the door?
It used to be 3 years, but LEGO makes so many exclusive sets now-a-days that they sometimes retire rather quickly. The Brick Bank and D.O. both retired the same year. The pandemic also screwed up when sets come out. LEGO was going to release a few more Minion sets and supposedly Ghostbusters, instead they now have the factory time to make older current sets.

Bugatti is listed s 'temp out of stock' so they should be making more and retire it sometime next year.

Rumoured retiring list....

Technic

42088 Cherry Picker
42097 Compact Crawler Crane
42082 Rough Terrain Crane
42091 Police Pursuit
42098 Car Transporter
42101 Buggy
42104 Race Truck

Zavvi is legit, European boxes though, I think there stuff ships DHL.
Yes to DHL. They aren't the best but they seem to be more punctual than fedex. I'm not sure how they do with lego but they can't ship records to save their lives. I have had a record jammed into a box it wouldn't fit in and got a warped record. The replacement was sent in a plastic bag. Their customer service does respond in 24 -48 hours and have been refunded each time

There you go Corvin, save $70 and just buy it now. No need to worry about retiring.

I kind of wanted the Winter Fire Station but it retired... probably. LEGO updated it's retiring product page and it has next to nothing besides keychains and the LM2 sets so LEGO might be figuring out what is selling now and make more even if they planned on retiring things. Like some of the Harry Potter minifigure castle sets were going to retire but not anymore.

bread's done
Back