LEGO Deals 3

happy birthday! considering the amount of time i spend thinking about what sets i'm going to get and how cheaply i can get them, a surprise gift is especially great. :)
Absolutely, especially being a grown ass man getting LEGO sets as gifts. lol My parents got it for me and saw I had the LEGO Bugatti box sitting out and they thought I wouldn't want the Apollo because I had a cooler set to build. I had to explain that there are so many expensive sets I want, getting any one of them as a gift is amazing.

Gonna pull together a photo of all my unopened sets in the near future. I'll post it at some point. Probably be a few weeks before I can get to them all.

Merry Christmas, I hope you guys got more LEGOs than your kids!!!!

This is what I got this year. =-)

50759489757_67b854ddbe_z.jpg

I lucked out and found an online return of that Star Destroyer at Target in late November, marked down 30%; my wife split the cost with me, too.

Then my dad bought me the Millennium Falcon as a Christmas gift.

Just finished the Star Destroyer right before the holiday - such a fun build, and looks amazing when complete. Just building the Tantive IV I bought during the holiday sale at the LEGO store, and then ringing in 2021 with the Falcon.

Gonna have that Coliseum one day, for sure!

People get more LEGO in one gift than I do in a year now. :lol:

So what are the sets you wish you got in 2020 but didn't? For me it's the Chinese Temple and Assembly Square which might be retiring.

^ I nabbed the Jurassic Park: T-Rex Rampage and Bugatti which were the biggest sets I wanted before they're retired.  I also got the UCS A-wing way back in May.   I wanted to grab the Razor Crest, but these other sets took precedent.  The Winter Village Elf Clubhouse was on the buy list as well but was always out of stock.  

Next on the expensive LEGO list are the NES, Lambo and maybe Grand Piano.  Maybe the Fast & Furious Charger.

Went to the Lego store so my son could buy something with his Xmas money and boy were they wiped out.  Never seen the shelves that bare before.  Only had one Batmobile and one A wing, so I took them off the shelf to put them side by side so he could choose.  As soon as I did that someone came in looking for the Batmobile.  I gave my son the $50 VIP dollars I had and he got the Batmobile.  Santa only got him the Razor Crest since he got a gaming laptop too.  After lasts year's Falcon, I think he was expecting the Star Destroyer. :lol:  

Jesus Christ I fucking hate the LEGO website. They are the biggest toy company on the planet, I only make 1-3 purchases from them a year and at least one doesn't go well.

I need to spend the 20$ off code, problem is nothing is in stock. So I go and pick up some Bricks and Pieces. Go to check out, add the code. My total goes from $47-$20= ZERO. Can't check out.  

Had to redo the whole think and B&P didn't count towards free shipping.

Best Buy has an open box of the new Mindstorm for $306 instead of $360.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-mindstorms-robot-inventor-51515/6425432.p?skuId=6425432#tab=buyingOptions?bof=openbox

Last edited by a moderator:
My 11/30 order finally arrived on 12/28. I know that USPS being slow isn’t Lego’s fault, but I thought they normally shipped via FedEx.

I want to get some of the new 2021 Technic sets (Jeep, Mclaren) but I’ll probably just order from Target or Amazon instead.

Another Mario starter set for Christmas here. The difference is it DID include a Mario head. :)

2020 sets - some of the Mario other sets, which is on track for the kiddo's birthday in a few months.

My 11/30 order finally arrived on 12/28. I know that USPS being slow isn’t Lego’s fault, but I thought they normally shipped via FedEx.

I want to get some of the new 2021 Technic sets (Jeep, Mclaren) but I’ll probably just order from Target or Amazon instead.
I saw the Maclaren in store (Target) before Xmas...might be worth checking.

57014_1.jpg

So now I'm even more pissed that I didn't get the Ninjago City set for so cheap and the Docks sets last year. Already going for 2-3 times as much.

At one point, I saw a Ninjago City Docks at Target as an online return for $140. Did I make a huge mistake not picking that up?
It was $180 before being retired. But yes, the cheapest Docks on Bricklink being sold in the USA is $400+.

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with AFOL. Like are they more likely to suffer from mental illness? Brickset just posted an article saying that LEGO stores in the UK will have to close and LEGO online can't ship things right now because of chunnel issues. Like there isn't other stores to buy LEGO from?

I'd love to be in the UK where my health care is paid for and they are giving everyone money to pay for rent during a pandemic so the only thing I have to complain about is not getting a $200 Lego set on release day.

January freebies...

(Girl on a jetski...)

January 1-31: Free LEGO Ideas Vintage Car (40448) with purchases of $85 or more, while supplies last.

January 1-31: Free LEGO Harry Potter The Monster Book of Monsters (30628) with LEGO Harry Potter purchases of $75 or more, while supplies last.

January 18-24: Free LEGO City Police Water Scooter (30566) or Fire Helicopter (30567) with purchases of $40 or more, while supplies last.

January freebies...

(Girl on a jetski...)

January 1-31: Free LEGO Ideas Vintage Car (40448) with purchases of $85 or more, while supplies last.

January 1-31: Free LEGO Harry Potter The Monster Book of Monsters (30628) with LEGO Harry Potter purchases of $75 or more, while supplies last.

January 18-24: Free LEGO City Police Water Scooter (30566) or Fire Helicopter (30567) with purchases of $40 or more, while supplies last.
The Book of Monsters is nice. Got it from B&N last month. I’ll probably pick up a 2021 Technic set to get that vintage car.

Nothing came back in stock at SAH but the new sets are up. Some of them are also up on Amazon for preorders (probably be out at 3am eastern). In case people want something besides the Police modular as the LEGO website is SHOCKER not working.

Ontario mills store had a line of maybe 15 or so people when I got there, waited maybe 20 minutes but the line did grow exponentially. I guess they opened earlier than the time posted online.

I ended up getting lion dance on sale, a few Harry Potter sets, the new mando set, and all the new Mario sets including a case of the figures.

Not sure, it’s attached to my account but I might call this week and see if I can switch to an online coupon. Just crazy to expect customers to wait an hour indoors while a pandemic is going on.
It wouldn’t be so bad if they actually had stuff in stock online or a website that could handle the traffic. I’m sure some of those people figured they had a better chance finding stuff in stores

It wouldn’t be so bad if they actually had stuff in stock online or a website that could handle the traffic. I’m sure some of those people figured they had a better chance finding stuff in stores
The Brick Fan posted pictures saying that in store has signs saying that it's the last chance to get Assembly Square. Nothing has been in stock online since November and I think the reason why is LEGO, during a fucking pandemic, is sending all the stock they have left to the stores.

I really like the car but there is so little in stock to get it, it's insane. So I spent $21 in gift cards to get the new road plates to use in getting this display I've been planning for two years started.

Annoying. The 4 HP books were all in stock when I placed my order, but now I got an email that everything is out of stock. Wonder if they’ll have promo sets left to send me whenever they get more stock

My buddy wanted some Lego for gifts, so I went with him, used my AP discount at DTD Lego store, i picked up Bruni (which I didn't know even existed) and two series 21 CMF's (dog and violinist) to hit the $85 mark to get the vintage car!

Wonder when the Cantina will come back in stock ... I’ve missed it the last couple times and can finally afford to grab it. Also debating whether is worth the price ... maybe I should just hold out for a May the 4th bonus at this point.

Wonder when the Cantina will come back in stock ... I’ve missed it the last couple times and can finally afford to grab it. Also debating whether is worth the price ... maybe I should just hold out for a May the 4th bonus at this point.
It won't be in stock at LEGO by then.

I bought that batcave set off of Blinq a couple years ago. I had never heard of the site before. thankfully the set arrived in great shape and appeared legit. It was a killer deal or I wouldn't have risked it

AWD had a 77905 Taskmaster's Ambush set for $32.25, must have been a return from someone who doesn't get that it's worth $80 with a bent box. 

Looks like someone grabbed it as I was cashing out. I checked and one minifigure goes for $32. haha So just a heads up if anyone wants one.

Must not be my month for LEGO. Returned to the local store, much smaller crowd and a wait time of around 10 minutes to get in. Stock was pretty ransacked ... ended up picking up that new Ninjago mech since everything else on my list was gone. The good news is the $20 holiday promo credit applied.

Then went to pick up my “sure bet” set for my birthday, the bonsai, at Best Buy. Guy brings it out ... and guess what, it’s the bouquet ... 😑. We agree it’s the wrong set but a “manager” comes over and says it can’t be the wrong set because the system wouldn’t allow it to be sold if it was. So I say screw it and just take it instead. Thinking I may call BB cs and explain ... but everything is sold out anyway. Fun times 😜

I might have talked myself into the Spring Lantern Festival if that alone netted the freebie, but I don't really want anything else that's orderable.  Then again, it's already backordered so who knows if I'd get the gift without ordering something in stock.

I might have talked myself into the Spring Lantern Festival if that alone netted the freebie, but I don't really want anything else that's orderable. Then again, it's already backordered so who knows if I'd get the gift without ordering something in stock.
you can just add an in-stock keychain or one of the accessories bags and they'll ship your GWP out immediately with that part of the order

I love the Asian sets but I don't $200 love them. Like the temple last year I wish I bought it but then I feel I'd build it and go 'This isn't worth the money."

Found a photo of the 3 Ninjago modular sets together, they look really neat together, I wish there was a photo of the front. Goes on sale on the 14th.

71741_Layout-min_2048x2048.jpg

I know LEGO had to put them that a way to take the picture, but Gardens and City need to be together, otherwise what's the point of the second story walkway?

Mos Eisley cantina and a slew of other backordered sets are available again at LEGO.com again as of this post.

Mos Eisley cantina and a slew of other backordered sets are available again at LEGO.com again as of this post.
Doesn't look like much, the Haunted House is back in stock and the Bookstore is shipping next week. Someone tell me when the Assembly Square is either back in stock or "Sold Out/Retired"

bread's done
Back