LEGO Deals 3

I'm definitely not the target audience on this thing, but yikes.

I can't see the extra income they get from marketing this app to Lego fans offsetting the production costs of the figures and printed tiles when they could just as easily make a low cost or ad supported app that doesn't require the physical goodies.

I’d give it a shot ... still better than Bionicle
Setting your standards REALLY high. :lol:

But speaking of which, LEGO released the top 10 themes the day before voting ended, yet hasn't announced the top three themes to go onto the final round.

I like 700 pieces but I doubt I'll ever build the thing. I don't see the need for a huge ass school bus that the inside is 'meh' I regret not getting the Lighthouse for $32, better figures.

In for two. :lol: (JK)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's OOS now. I didn't pick it up because after spending $600+ in one month on LEGO and the economy being shit I need to save some money... or maybe buy some Gamestop stock.

I think it would be interesting to make mod it with a Technical pull back motor and see if it works.

I hope the other Hidden Side sets fall, more so the buildings. The Shrimp Shack is really neat.

I think I have a problem ... I just paid $28 for a LEGO great white shark 😜 ... still felt cheaper than paying $150 for the whole damn set.

Did anyone grab the lego nes from awd earlier that dealseeker2u posted on twitter? It looks like there are two lego nes listings on amazon . One had a vg condition for ~ $201 and another listing had a vg for ~$153. Both looked like legit listings when I looked at the main product page. That one is a killer deal.

I think I have a problem ... I just paid $28 for a LEGO great white shark ... still felt cheaper than paying $150 for the whole damn set.
I once saw an Agents set with two sharks but missing one go for $35 and I'm like "SHIT" I missed it.

Did anyone grab the lego nes from awd earlier that dealseeker2u posted on twitter? It looks like there are two lego nes listings on amazon . One had a vg condition for ~ $201 and another listing had a vg for ~$153. Both looked like legit listings when I looked at the main product page. That one is a killer deal.
AWD has had one for $211 for several days, I've never seen lower than $203. $150 I would have bite.

No kidding about the newer Hidden Side sets disappearing quickly ... looked up the sub set the other day because it looked interesting when it first came out. Quickly realized it sold out everywhere so grabbed it for a dollar over MSRP on Amazon ... but those sets definitely had a short run.

I like the blacksmith set ... but two things will probably stop me from ever actually buying it - 1. It’s a massive downgrade from the original LEGO Ideas submission (which seems to happen frequently) and, more importantly, 2. It includes a husky ... which doesn’t at all seem like the proper breed of dog to include with this theme ... Tangent, anyone see the Seeing Eye Dog in one of the city sets ... is that new?

I like the blacksmith set ... but two things will probably stop me from ever actually buying it - 1. It’s a massive downgrade from the original LEGO Ideas submission (which seems to happen frequently) and, more importantly, 2. It includes a husky ... which doesn’t at all seem like the proper breed of dog to include with this theme ... Tangent, anyone see the Seeing Eye Dog in one of the city sets ... is that new?
The husky was added because the goat mold is broken. LEGO is weird about what animals can get a new mold. City can get a new dog every year (yeah, seeing eye lab is new) and Friends gets 162 new animals a year, but heaven forbid we bring the goat back. I honestly don't know why they didn't just include the new dog.

Looking at the goat prices on eBay made me feel better about my great white purchase
Brickset is having a bonsai contest. I normally ignore them, more so at Brickset, Huw is a weirdo, but the prizes include multiple goats! Grand price is like a $100 GC and 4 goats.

Always baffled why they can’t make a new mold
You’re the number one toy company in the world for several years now, dip into those pockets a little bit, not like you won’t make the money back

I assume it's for QA reasons -- if they can't match the original one exactly, they won't make it. But it doesn't really stop them from making a different goat.

One of the designers asked for the goat to be in the Jurassic Park. Looked into the mold and it was bad. I don't know how, it's not that old. The molds only cost $30,000-$50,000 years ago. A goat doesn't need to be exactly the same. Just make a new mold. Jurassic Park could have used it, the Blacksmith House, use it for a minifigure series. They make new animals there all the time. LEGO is just really weird.

Amelia Earhart Tribute GWP Set that will come out at some point. I'm guessing $150 purchase. 

40450-1.jpg

I want that Amelia set so I’ll prob jump on the blacksmith set next month

I am thinking they’ll prob choose the top three and make a set for each in retro packaging. This poll is probably for fan engagement and to gauge interest

That Starry Night one is pretty badass. Looks like a ton of pieces though. $$$.
Yeah. That's one of my favorite paintings, so I'll definitely be getting it.

There's also a Cat dozer coming out later this year, and rumors of a large-scale Delorean. Going to be expensive year for me if they all come out!

There's also a Cat dozer coming out later this year, and rumor's of a large-scale Delorean. Going to be expensive year for me if they all come out!
So Friends are getting a cat dozer? That sounds like fun. :booty:

There's also a Cat dozer coming out later this year, and rumors of a large-scale Delorean. Going to be expensive year for me if they all come out!
The delorean would be really cool, I really enjoyed the 1989 batmobile and ecto-1.

Brickset has the new Monkie Kid sets, they are really well done. The $170+ set is most interesting.

80024-1.jpg

Damn it ... I didn’t want to buy any Monkey Kid sets but that is a really solid design for a playset ... bloody hell.

Damn it ... I didn’t want to buy any Monkey Kid sets but that is a really solid design for a playset ... bloody hell.
Good news, it's Monkie Kid, so you don't need to buy any Monkey Kid sets. :) But why not? If you like the set you should by it no matter the theme.

Plus you stick a Wicked Witch on the mountain and it's not a Wizard of Oz set. ;)

What weird spelling is monkies then? Asian LEGO spelling? It's monkeys. :)

And we got some set info on the new Harry Potter sets. LEGO is already rebooting the modular type Hogworts and will have a sand green roof.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-neuheiten-2021-2-hj/116522/
I wonder if this is my offramp for the modular Hogwarts . . . I still need to get Clock Tower and Astronomy Tower, any maybe that'll be enough for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I wonder if this is my offramp for the modular Hogwarts . . . I still need to get Clock Tower and Astronomy Tower, any maybe that'll be enough for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I got my Hogwarts for $60 from Target, but the Clock Tower has been really cheap on ebay. I got mine for $56ish but seen as low as $51.

Mind blown that the Hogwarts sets connect ... they never appealed to me individually, but put together they do look pretty cool. I’m surprised LEGO hasn’t embraced creating smaller sets that combine to create a larger, more elaborate set. You see it a little with the January 2021 catalog, with the connected city sets and the modulars next to each other. But I wish they’d take it to the next level and sort of create the equivalent of a “Marvel Legends” type series where you buy individual builds that combine into something extra awesome. Would love to see it with a line of small modular sets that combine to create something epic, maybe like $100 a pop and four or five to collect.

Mind blown that the Hogwarts sets connect ... they never appealed to me individually, but put together they do look pretty cool. I’m surprised LEGO hasn’t embraced creating smaller sets that combine to create a larger, more elaborate set. You see it a little with the January 2021 catalog, with the connected city sets and the modulars next to each other. But I wish they’d take it to the next level and sort of create the equivalent of a “Marvel Legends” type series where you buy individual builds that combine into something extra awesome. Would love to see it with a line of small modular sets that combine to create something epic, maybe like $100 a pop and four or five to collect.
I don't care about Harry Potter at all, the writer is a transphobe and can rot in hell. However they can connect is awesome. I also don't get LEGO's weirdness with modulars. The Pet Shop was going to be two small modulars but LEGO Xed the idea so it became one set. But even LEGO in the 50s and 60s had Hotwheel like cars, plastic mats that you would buy different sets and make a play scape.

I never understood why LEGO didn't make several small 8x16 floors of Avengers Tower. Like you get Spiderman with a small vehicle and a very basic 8x16 hang out space. Then another set you get Iron Man, a mech and an 8x16 lab. Then they can go under the $90 main set which will be the top of the tower.

All the LEGO Idea sets currently approved.
https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-projects-currently-under-development-for-future-release/?fbclid=IwAR3hZqiHlQz_G0VEUvOSemrD17UdDEGgQ9QTUa7BSnFiXWGQRrWz2vd8A8M

that's exactly how the first HP castle worked - we bought it one room at a time and they made a complete castle and then you could stack the rooms on top of one another (so e.g. the chamber of secrets was in the basement). they included little mini posters that suggested different ways you could combine the rooms. it was awesome. each section was reasonably priced and together they made a really impressive castle.

Because it's dead here everyone must have spare time to watch a 6 hour and 40 minute video of Jang building the new Blacksmith Shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrt7C1dZn_4&ab_channel=JANGBRiCKS

Got a notice from Target that the Lego botanical flowers were back in stock...sold out when I checked.  Shoulda got em when I saw them in store.  We enjoyed the bonsai tree.

bread's done
Back