LEGO Deals 3

Nice finds! I can never seem to find 71362 on clearance at any of my Walmart’s but I did find a couple 71363 at $7 and six 71364 at $9 each. Recent other pickups for me:

41445 $7.50
71366 $13
71753 $25
71711 $23.98
76150 $15
71746 $11.20
43189 $4
60288 $8.48
41424 $19.99
60244 $20

Unfortunately the new Walmart app update has made scanning for hidden clearance a little more difficult :whistle2:/

First decent Walmart clearance haul in forever:
21152 - $17
71362 - $13
71363 - $7

Unfortunately the new Walmart app update has made scanning for hidden clearance a little more difficult :whistle2:/
It’s stupid how easier it was 20 years ago to find a price on an item in Walmart than it is now. I can adapt to the lack of staffing on checkouts because corporations are cheap, but why ruin the app, one of the few good things Walmart had? (Target’s app is useless in store too but at least they have price scanners).

And it’s not just for clearance. Shelves are always a mess and shelf tags can be confusing jjbberish.

Thanks for clearance info. I haven’t found any of those. Only clearance lingering around me has been City Tuning Workshop for $40 but Brickseek had it at $20 at a couple stores with phantom inventory because Walmart is Walmart

I follow The Flipping Accountant on YouTube and Instagram to know what to look for when I go to save time. I haven’t had one of those epic hauls that he always has though. I found two of those Tuning Workshops sets at a Walmart about 45 minutes away from me but I passed as they were only 40% off, while still a great deal, I promised myself to only buy at at least 50% off so I don’t go broke.

Thanks for clearance info. I haven’t found any of those. Only clearance lingering around me has been City Tuning Workshop for $40 but Brickseek had it at $20 at a couple stores with phantom inventory because Walmart is Walmart

Stranger Things, Corner Garage, Harley, big Awing, brown train, roller coaster and gingerbread house are confirmed to be retiring soon.

How is the Stranger Things house? Been on the fence the entire time it's been available. Guess I need to make a decision pretty quick.
I don't own it but buy it.

I thought for sure I could get that Croc train cheap somewhere...just doesn't look like a seller.

Marvel minifigs showing up at Walmarts around here finally.

LEGO Minifigures Marvel Studios 71031 Building Toy for Fans of Super Hero Toys (1 of 12 to Collect) – Walmart Inventory Checker – BrickSeek
Retiring means they wont make any new runs of the set. I think the current stock will last a bit and Wal-Mart will have it for $75ish at some point.

The Queer Eye set was revealed. Its fine and overpriced. But the idiot Huw at Brickset just needs to stop talking about anything queer. He's just so out of touch and doesn't want to learn.

But he said you needed to be really really old to know golden Girls. Like the internet isn't A thing? Lego has made a Bond car from the 1960s and Wizard of Oz mini figures from the 1930s and Gremlins, Knight Rider, A Team from the 80s.

Tv and cinema are timeless, Lego already proved that. I think the only real there is no Golden Girls set is legal issues.

Since they've done Seinfeld and Friends sets, I'm really hoping they'll make Frasier sets of the apartment and the radio station (maybe even combined with Cafe Nervosa)

So Jang had his review of the Marvel figures and said that the 6 pack boxes are not random. that if you get lucky You can get a full set with the two different style of boxes. Hopefully soon you will just be able to get a set of 12 in a box.

So Jang had his review of the Marvel figures and said that the 6 pack boxes are not random. that if you get lucky You can get a full set with the two different style of boxes. Hopefully soon you will just be able to get a set of 12 in a box.
Nice. I have some best buy certs so I'll order a 6 pack and see.

Unfortunately, I think he’s mistaken. I’ve seen a few reviews online stating that people received a mix that doesn’t line up with what he outlined. I think, for the most part, it’s guaranteed you’ll get 6 different figures, and that they are mostly split up into two groups … but it appears there aren’t two distinct groups. I received one box that had Cap Britain, Starlord, Monica, Lady Loki, Falcon, and Spidey. That’s a slightly different mix than a few other people who received boxes had.

With that said, I may order a second box and would be down to trade dupes on here if necessary.

Also … I really need to the Home Alone house to leak so I can either buy or skip that Santa visit holiday set!

The reviews on Wal-Mart have it that everyone seems to have gotten the same six figures no master how many boxes they got.

Also don't forget the Santa Sleigh set. Which is a very weird $37 price.

Is there a cheaper way to get 8 reindeer besides just ordering two Santa Sleighs? I'll probably hold out for a holiday free gift to pick up the new Christmas stuff (which will probably all be on backorder at that point lol)

Is there a cheaper way to get 8 reindeer besides just ordering two Santa Sleighs? I'll probably hold out for a holiday free gift to pick up the new Christmas stuff (which will probably all be on backorder at that point lol)
I was going to Brick and Piece the reindeer before this set was announced.They were 5.76$ each. I do not know if they are still in stock.

I didn’t realize VIP points expire. Well poop. I hadn’t made a purchase at Lego since March 2020, so didn’t pay attention. Kicking myself for losing 2100 points

I didn’t realize VIP points expire. Well poop. I hadn’t made a purchase at Lego since March 2020, so didn’t pay attention. Kicking myself for losing 2100 points
They expire if you don't purchase anything from Lego after a certain period, I think it's an year. You should call and see if they can reinstate those points that expired. I'm banking 67,299, I would hate for that to expire.

Damn, ya'll freaked me out. I haven't ordered anything since Nov. of last year. So I had to go look:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help/lego_vip/lego-vip-points-expiry-kA009000001dbuPCAQ

LEGO® VIP Points will only expire if you stop using your account for 18 months. Anytime you earn or redeem points, the timer resets and you’ll get another 18 months to use them.

When you’re close to losing your points, we’ll send you an email at the address linked to your LEGO® VIP account.
So, that being said. Any ideas on the next double point weekend? I'm going to pick up that new Winter Village set and that'll reset my 18 months.

They no longer announce when double points times are in advance. Pretty sure there is always a week in October with double points.

I always remember October being a 2x points time too

Took the plunge back into expensive Lego because I really wanted the Barracuda Bay before it retired. Was pleasantly surprised the 199.99 qualified for the sailboat, which I also wanted rather than wait for 2x points.

Damn, ya'll freaked me out. I haven't ordered anything since Nov. of last year. So I had to go look:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help/lego_vip/lego-vip-points-expiry-kA009000001dbuPCAQ

So, that being said. Any ideas on the next double point weekend? I'm going to pick up that new Winter Village set and that'll reset my 18 months.
That's better than it used to be, which was something odd like: Your points expire on Dec 31 of the year after you earn them. I know because I went to the Lego store right before Christmas one year and bought something. The cashier said I had enough points for $5 off, but I didn't use my points. We came back in January when the kids had Christmas money and the points were depleted below the $5 off amount. I called and at least Lego was kind enough to give me a $5 off coupon. I obviously would have used the points if the cashier warned me they expire in a week!

Last edited by a moderator:
My marvel minifigure 6 pack came in the mail today. No duplicates. Here's the list if anyone wants it for informational purposes:

Captain BBC (Peggy)
Captain BBC 2 (Falcon)
Star Lord (T'Challa)
Proud Boy Vision
Doctor Strangerman
Monica Rambeau

It’s weird that I got Sylvie instead of Vision … have another Amazon order on its way in early November, so we’ll see what that brings

It’s weird that I got Sylvie instead of Vision … have another Amazon order on its way in early November, so we’ll see what that brings
Yeah that was my fear about ordering 2 boxes- either getting the exact box or one or two off. Keeps reminding me I need a make a duplicate list and post it here for you guys.

Yeah that was my fear about ordering 2 boxes- either getting the exact box or one or two off. Keeps reminding me I need a make a duplicate list and post it here for you guys.
Buy a box from several different stores. Just open and return ones you don't want. Might screw over the next buyer. 😄

Interesting 2022 rumour...
Infinity Saga Minifigure Pack

(I'm guessing its a $15 4 mini figure pack.)

Yeah, Star Wars is supposed to have one too.
Star Wars is an overpriced battle pack that connects with the UCS ATAT.

At what temperature does Lego warp? I have thousands of dollars of retired exclusives in mom's attic that has a new roof and no vents this whole very hot summer. 😔

Doesn't seem right does it? Maybe this is the real why lego retires their sets- they might melt in the walmart warehouse after a few seasons heh.

i've kept sets in a hot attic for more than a decade. I haven't any issues with stuff I opened other than tape on a set or two degrading, and that may be more on how I had things stacked. It was either hot attic or dank basement, so I went hot. 

My one experience obviously isn't scientific. Everything I read says don't do it, but I haven't had a problem. Still, I do feel more comfortable having moved stuff to a climate controlled storage unit. 

For what it's worth, I just recently bought a house in New Orleans (so like brutally hot/humid summers) and the (uninsulated) attic was full of 80s era toys (like 3.75" GI Joe, Gen 1 transformers, Star Wars vehicles) that had clearly been there a long long time. Obviously anything rubber or vinyl was completely destroyed, and everything was absolutely disgustingly filthy, but the plastic itself didn't seem to be particularly brittle or warped. No Lego, though.

I think the 104 is some legal BS.

My moms attic right now is at least 95 degrees. Its 78 and cloudy outside. It had to be 130+ when it was 100 this summer. Ill build a set and see what's going on.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/163613-warping-at-what-degree-of-heat/

Temps in Celsius

Converted to Fahrenheit

176  203  212  230

248  284  338  392

29677843251_ca6843a5ae_b.jpg

29647961312_3370a56686_b.jpg

i've kept sets in a hot attic for more than a decade. I haven't any issues with stuff I opened other than tape on a set or two degrading, and that may be more on how I had things stacked. It was either hot attic or dank basement, so I went hot.

My one experience obviously isn't scientific. Everything I read says don't do it, but I haven't had a problem. Still, I do feel more comfortable having moved stuff to a climate controlled storage unit.
How old is the house?

All modern homes have attic vents as that's probably code. If you redo the siding the siding people normally stick vents in.

My mom's house was sided in 1958 so there is literally no air flow.

How old is the house?

All modern homes have attic vents as that's probably code. If you redo the siding the siding people normally stick vents in.

My mom's house was sided in 1958 so there is literally no air flow.
1950s, so same situation. There may actually be a small vent but not enough to make a difference.

The impact of 100 degrees on the brick is surprisingly bad. Now I’m worried about a few sets that may have had heat exposure … I guess that’s life though.

Yep. That's 212F for us. 176-203 look okay. I don't think any of the sets of mine have a light brick.

I have a shit ton of extra Lego.

bread's done
Back