LEGO Deals 3

You just follow the numbers on the box. Open the first one on Dec. 1st, second on Dec. 2nd, and so on.

Each day is an independent micro-build or minifig. The box itself can be used as a playmat for the micro-builds (the inside of the front flap).

The spaceman plushies are available at Target along with a bunch of other Christmas/winter themed stuff, including the GWP polybags for this month and Black Friday

I think the tree was a GWP for Black Friday: https://www.target.com/p/lego-creator-holiday-tree-building-kit-30576/-/A-80555188#lnk=sametab

Here's the current GWP: https://www.target.com/p/lego-174-collection-x-target-creator-santa-claus-30580/-/A-81911607#lnk=sametab

Here's the plush: https://www.target.com/p/lego-collection-x-target-minifigure-astronaut-plush/-/A-84738649?preselect=82718000#lnk=sametab

Note that it's also 10% off Target gift cards today and tomorrow.

I ended up getting a set of coasters, since I thought they were pretty neat.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought the Liebherr from Zavvi last week...never purchased from them before.  For anybody else wondering about using them, they charged sales tax.  Shipping from GB was less than a full week.  It was shipped in the brown Lego box that fits the set exactly and no damage.  Overall, I would recommend them, especially with some of the discounts they've run lately.

[attachment=36466:box1.jpg]

[attachment=36467:box2.jpg]

Happy it worked out for you. I don’t know how Zavvi’s business model works with shipping overseas, but you can definitely get good deals from them.

Saw the chicken suit stuntz bike at several Walmarts today. $8 feels like a lot but I needed him in my life.

Times are a-changin', lego bros. I sold 4 of my UCS sets over the weekend and posted a bunch more on offer up. I think I got to the point where I didn't want to go in my "toy room" anymore and it was giving me anxiety thinking about it. Anyway, condensing and putting money in my pockets feels nice. I think I just need a break. Saving booty call commentary until Green Giant comes back.

Man, I love the new Boutique Hotel modular … that’s a day one purchase for me. Hopefully it gets a cool GWP, but even if it doesn’t … I’m still in.

Times are a-changin', lego bros. I sold 4 of my UCS sets over the weekend and posted a bunch more on offer up. I think I got to the point where I didn't want to go in my "toy room" anymore and it was giving me anxiety thinking about it. Anyway, condensing and putting money in my pockets feels nice. I think I just need a break. Saving booty call commentary until Green Giant comes back.
I feel your pain. My basement is piled with unopened Lego sets and unopened video games (and CEs). I keep debating selling a bunch of shit off. But I’m afraid I’ll regret it and buy it back at higher prices

I feel your pain. My basement is piled with unopened Lego sets and unopened video games (and CEs). I keep debating selling a bunch of shit off. But I’m afraid I’ll regret it and buy it back at higher prices
YMMV but I found selling some of my backlog to be very liberating. I don't know where you are in you backlog journey but I have accepted I wasn't going to play all of these and figured the prices are good so why not sell. I also told myself that I could always rebuy these games at a later date at a lower cost. Maybe that is wrong but I feel prices won't be much higher for some systems. as for lego, the space I saved by moving some sets was worth it.

Just look at what you got, decide what you actually care about and sell the rest

That's what I've been doing with some games and anime I don't care about the last 2 months. I haven't gotten to Lego because I'm keeping LotR and Harry Potter sets, and I have relatively little of everything else (80% of that is Marvel/DC, but I still want the minifigs).

I sold off a good chunk of backlog via Facebook market place a couple months ago and then at a local toy show last weekend. Money was good, thinking about purging some more

The hotel is the first modular I have wanted in a while

What platform are you using to sell off items? eBay? Craigslist (is that still a thing)? Facebook?
I use eBay and Mercari. I think ebay gives you a larger base of potential customers. What I like about Mercari is that after three days, the buyer needs to rate you or you get automatically rated. Once the buyer rates you, no returns. eBay and Mercari both hold your money now, forcing you to give them your bank account info for a transfer. I don't like that. Ebay and mercari offer different shipping options. Ebay has media mail and flat rate USPS priority mail boxes as an option. Mercari use some UPS and FedEx options (smart post) that I don't recall seeing on ebay. It's always easier to accumulate this stuff then to sell it. I don't like paying the fees but it does save time of not having to meet up with people. It's also a bit safer.

Offer up has been my selling spot for opened or incomplete stuff. Ebay for anything sealed/crazy priced though I hate eBay selling and shipping things. If anybody on here Is in Ohio I'd be happy to meet or deliver on top of giving great prices. Shipping just kills the point of lego selling imo unless it's little stuff.

I dislike eBay but I hate getting shot more.

Just remember that in 2022, if you get $600+ through PayPal (non-friends & family), you'll get a tax form, whether or not you make money.

It's such a low barrier because you can, say, sell a used iPhone and you'll have to explain on your taxes there's no gain. And if you sell as a hobbyist, like most of us here do, we can't deduct losses. So you get $100 on one set, and lose $200 on 5 other sets, they don't care and you have to pay taxes on the $100 gain.

Add to that, if you sell things within a year or whatever the capital gains tax time frame was, you have to pay extra if you only had it for 11 months or what not.

That's what I've been doing with some games and anime I don't care about the last 2 months. I haven't gotten to Lego because I'm keeping LotR and Harry Potter sets, and I have relatively little of everything else (80% of that is Marvel/DC, but I still want the minifigs).
I sold off a good chunk of backlog via Facebook market place a couple months ago and then at a local toy show last weekend. Money was good, thinking about purging some more

The hotel is the first modular I have wanted in a while
I got into a rut with too many old videogames, toys, Lego, etc. a few years ago. I came to the realization that I never played my old consoles or games and since a lot of those old games were available digitally, I decided to sell things off. I put everything on eBay since they had the highest prices, even with their ridiculous fees due to the number of buyers out there.

Sold consoles and games all the way back to PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast and made a lot more money than I thought I would. I ended up with over $4K for games I probably would have never touched again. I even sold a lot of NES games that I still had boxes and instructions for. The relief I felt after boxing everything up was a great feeling.

Now I need to sell off Lego sets (opened) that I no longer have any interest in and toys that I no longer have an interest in. I'll probably do that in the next few months when I clean up the house and finish the house remodel I've been working on that never seems to end.

For me, it's more of a "If I didn't have it / lost it tomorrow, would I buy it again?" That and we were trying to buy a place, meaning we'd have to move, so I wanted to lower the amount of stuff to move. But of course, housing prices went up 30-50% in the 6 months we tried so we gave up last month.

Man … so the flagship LEGO store in NYC has a custom minifigure creator!? Is that an exclusive thing or can we expect those to start popping up at other LEGO stores? Even if it’s just a machine that puts together pre-made minifigure parts behind some kind of window … I’m still excited because the current build a minifig thing with its pit of parts just disgusts me from a hygienic perspective.

Man … so the flagship LEGO store in NYC has a custom minifigure creator!? Is that an exclusive thing or can we expect those to start popping up at other LEGO stores? Even if it’s just a machine that puts together pre-made minifigure parts behind some kind of window … I’m still excited because the current build a minifig thing with its pit of parts just disgusts me from a hygienic perspective.
lol, bring gloves then?

Wow, I checked the site this morning about 6am for Santa's Sleigh and it was OOS.  Just saw this post so ventured over... OOS.  :(

I bit the bullet and paid full price for some band mates because I can’t imagine retailers ordered a lot after Series 1 withered. Which means they’ll probably be

It’s weird what’s sold out and what’s stayed in stock on places like Amazon. I thought the Razor Crest might sell out, being an older set that’s closer to retirement … but no, still on Amazon at MSRP.

But a bunch of newer Ninjago sets are sold out and selling for 2x asking price … I kind of want that submarine set, but now I’m wondering if it will be hard to find. Assuming it restocks after the holidays, so not going crazy trying to find one …

But it just feels like, generally speaking, the days of decent clearance are gone and I’m paying MSRP way more often for larger sets. Bummer 😒

Targets around me are pretty bare but that’s normal for this time of year. Haven’t been to a Walmart lately but I imagine it’s the same
Clearance hadn’t been the same in years though. Used to be able to find 50%-70% off at target but since pandemic nothing hits Clearance and when it did it would be swooped up at 20% off
Now it’s just luck, gotta hit Walmart at the right time, sometimes those hit 50%-70% off
Kohl’s used to have some decent finds but I went to a kohls over the weekend and the toy section was pretty barren and in total they only had about 10 LEGO sets

Wonder if we’ll get a GWP for the new modular … probably picking it up either way. I noticed that the inventory tracker on LEGO.com has been deactivated for local stores. Assuming that’s probably a seasonal thing so they avoid frustrated customers during the holidays when things sell out faster.

Wonder if we’ll get a GWP for the new modular … probably picking it up either way. I noticed that the inventory tracker on LEGO.com has been deactivated for local stores. Assuming that’s probably a seasonal thing so they avoid frustrated customers during the holidays when things sell out faster.
Yeah it sucks, have yo resort to calling and talking to an individual, Kids these days would be so lost.

That new $150 Monkie Kid set looked cool at first … but the more I look at it, it kind of feels like a jumble of stuff without clear design. Seems like they were going for a budget Ninjago city vibe.

In other news, I was able to pick up the Bookshop Modular for $130 sealed on FB marketplace, so happy about that.

I'm a 'friend' of Big Daddy who just wants to say Merry Christmas. He had a blast here for 15 years before being banned without any notice for life and without any of the 'mods' around here warning him over a silly joke.  Everyone take care!

I'm a 'friend' of Big Daddy who just wants to say Merry Christmas. He had a blast here for 15 years before being banned without any notice for life and without any of the 'mods' around here warning him over a silly joke. Everyone take care!
Tell him I seriously miss him and all his hot takes.

I'm a 'friend' of Big Daddy who just wants to say Merry Christmas. He had a blast here for 15 years before being banned without any notice for life and without any of the 'mods' around here warning him over a silly joke. Everyone take care!
Merry Christmas and Damm you for not being named "sizable Santa".

bread's done
Back