LEGO Deals 3

BTS … what the fuck
An ex of mine will be thrilled, loves boy bands even though all he wants in life is a daddy to feed his ego.

I keep warning the people saying 40 entries is too much. Dozens of entries and shit like this get's picked. As people pointed out online, why not just make the set? Why would it need to have the Ideas label? Just release a Spice Girls minifigure set, this boy band thing. At least we will be saving money.

And if we are going to get a cabin, why couldn't it be the Mystery Shack?

Last edited by a moderator:
An ex of mine will be thrilled, loves boy bands even though all he wants in life is a daddy to feed his ego.

I keep warning the people saying 40 entries is too much. Dozens of entries and shit like this get's picked. As people pointed out online, why not just make the set? Why would it need to have the Ideas label? Just release a Spice Girls minifigure set, this boy band thing. At least we will be saving money.

And if we are going to get a cabin, why couldn't it be the Mystery Shack?
I'd definitely be in for the Mystery Shack, but the ballooning number of sets doesn't seem like that big of an issue for me.

It's clear that LEGO will never do an Ideas modular which usually cuts out a handful of the entries. Castles are likely out too since LEGO usually has their own line. Then you have IPs that won't happen under the Ideas brand. Zelda may happen with Nintendo in the LEGO-fold, but if it gets done, it will be a proper set not a fan designed set. Same for Studio Ghibli (in the next round) Then you have weird/unique shows or movies that are long shots (next wave has It's a Wonderful Life, Gremlins, Stargate, Naruto, Short Circuit, Hocus Pocus, Brooklyn 99 & Avatar: Last Airbender). Then you lose the massive sets that have thousands of pieces(coral reef & green house). Then there are always a few oddballs you know won't sell for shit (a LEGO emergency box?) That one would be okay for a GWP but how many people would really buy that?

So cutting out all of those you're down to less than a dozen sets for serious review. I only see a few up for serious contention in next wave. Notably, Land Ahoy, Mechanical Solar System, & Magic Bookends. Then maybe the Sheriff's Office or The Meeting Point as they're both like the Old Fishing Store, super unique builds that don't have massive footprints.

Of course I used the upcoming wave as an example, but every wave is pretty similar.

the ballooning number of sets doesn't seem like that big of an issue for me.
I agree, but it was a thing on LEGO sites that maybe the votes should have to be higher and blah blah.

And right on time these is some guy on BrickFan...

It is too much. In the early days of Ideas, the chances a set you liked would go into production was around 1 in 3. Now it's more like 1 in 20. The number of selections doesn't scale with the number of submissions. Increasing the number of likes required to be accepted isn't a great solution, but its a solution. Another would be adding another step where the audience makes a ranked choice of their top sets which should narrow it down to 10 or less, which then become of the pool sets are selected by. 40+ is TOO many when only 2-3 will get selected.
If there are 12 and LEGO picks 0-1 or 35 and LEGO picks 2-3 it's about the same percentage of sets getting made. Like you said 90% of the stuff will simply never be made, every single modular will never be made. LEGO wants to cut down, ban modulars.

I think Land Avoy will be made, it's simple, no fancy parts, a neat display piece, priced well.

Well, guess the LEGO coins are pretty much worthless now. Still in stock on the VIP store, should have sold my space coin when it was like $85 … now the whole set is $135. I have to wonder if that might happen with the LEGO market overall at some point. Not that the sets become worthless, but that their value declines so steeply that it causes a mass sell off from all the people currently hoarding LEGO as the new investment class.

Well, guess the LEGO coins are pretty much worthless now. Still in stock on the VIP store, should have sold my space coin when it was like $85 … now the whole set is $135. I have to wonder if that might happen with the LEGO market overall at some point. Not that the sets become worthless, but that their value declines so steeply that it causes a mass sell off from all the people currently hoarding LEGO as the new investment class.
The nice thing as LEGO fans we can buy the sets because we like them. Then if they become valuable sell them, if not they will still be worth what we bought them for and build them.

Plus I kind of hope the prices go down as I have 250 unopen sets and a lot because they are worth so much.

I'm just about finished with the big Frozen castle and it's the most unsatisfying big set I have ever built. It's big and if the light hits it right the glitter is nice, but otherwise it's very meh. If you are on the fence about getting it, don't. Definitely not worth $200, $150 set tops.

70958_10298_boxprod_v29.jpg

New rumour...

A $630 LEGO Eiffel Tower. Several thousand pieces, comes out in the Fall in the north, aka October - November. The GWP is rumoured to be Eiffel's Apartment with a few figures. Yet again the GWP is better than the actual set. 

I just bought the new Batcave for the new movie. It was 40% on eBay. I probably should be budgeting my money better, buying sets I really ant before they retire like the Friends Hotel, Sesame Street, Pooh, Blacksmith, NinjaGo Gardens... but whatever.  :whistle2:

I think Earhart did, it even made it to VIP.

However nothing is in stock now, you think things will be in stock for double points?
I like the GWPs that aren’t tied to themes so at least there’s more options with so many sets out of stock.

This GWP is really shining a light on how many Lego fans don’t know difference between chimpanzee and monkey

Hoping more stuff comes back in stock, but I can probably get to $120 based on what’s in stock now. I do wish some of the sets announced for a month or two from now were coming out sooner though, JP and Horizon sets would be nice to have during the VIP and GWP time period.

Pretty sure that image is from a foreign country.  Philippines or something?  Pretty sure I read that somewhere the past few days.

Those Chip N Dale Brickheadz come out Tuesday.  I think I'm going to grab them to go with my DuckTales Brickheadz.

I like the GWPs that aren’t tied to themes so at least there’s more options with so many sets out of stock.

This GWP is really shining a light on how many Lego fans don’t know difference between chimpanzee and monkey
But I ONLY buy exclusives from LEGO. I'm not going to buy normal sets I get for 20% off elsewhere. And a ton of exclusives are OOS.

And the ignorance of LEGO fans never stops stunning me. Including the owners of LEGO sites. We need to stick up for Ukraine! Why are you buying Harry Potter sets! She is anti-trans! These people have ever met a trans person. There are people literally pissed off that LEGO made a gay set and not a church.

Is it $120 or $165? The image says $165.
Yeah as Corvin said that is some Asian country money, so the guess is $120.

[attachment=36713:D04E83FF-FE79-4FE2-AE1F-AD65C70CE6AA.jpeg][attachment=36714:4423DC6E-C041-493B-A947-2BEB5764DF8D.jpeg][attachment=36715:3DC31A8B-9522-4615-955C-C454DDB8652A.jpeg]

Official Jane Goodall info:

The 276 piece set will be available from March 3-15 with purchases of $120 on the LEGO Shop and LEGO Stores, while supplies last.
What are everyone's views on the Haunted House? The eBay store I like had an incomplete one for for like $165. Missing part of the roof and the elevator car, but otherwise looked complete. Someone bought it as I debated. I spent $200 in the last week on random cheap LEGO that I did really want. :lol: I think I rather had bought a second modular Bookstore and the small Lunar New Year set that they also had listed.

It looks cool, but I already have the Monster Fighters haunted house. Can't justify both of them, especially knowing the rumored large scale Delorean is supposed to come out this year.

It looks cool, but I already have the Monster Fighters haunted house. Can't justify both of them, especially knowing the rumored large scale Delorean is supposed to come out this year.
I missed out on the Monster Fighter one, that one is a lot better.

Yep …all in for the Monster Fighters haunted house vs the newer Tower of Terror thing. I do like the Egyptian/mummy thing it has going on, but build-wise the Monster Fighters set is so much more classic imo. I only own one of the two … I’ll let you guess which one 😜. Hidden Side has some cool stuff too … really wish I’d found that big castle on discount before it retired …

Yep …all in for the Monster Fighters haunted house vs the newer Tower of Terror thing. I do like the Egyptian/mummy thing it has going on, but build-wise the Monster Fighters set is so much more classic imo. I only own one of the two … I’ll let you guess which one . Hidden Side has some cool stuff too … really wish I’d found that big castle on discount before it retired …
I'll buy you the Tower of Terror set and you give me the the Monster Fighters Haunted House.

TheHidden Side castle was retired before it was ever even released. That thing was released and sold out right away. Most stores never even go the set.

I ask LEGO for 25 replacement parts. I once asked LEGO for nearly 60 pieces, no issue. Now this is the BS I get.

Dear LEGO® Fan,

Thanks for your recent LEGO® parts request.
We’re sorry, but we haven’t been able to process your order as it didn’t pass our validation checks. This could be for a number of reasons and it may simply be that the number of parts you’ve requested exceeds our maximum order quantity.
We’d like to help you get the replacement parts you need, but as the validation process is automatic, any similar orders you place through our website will also be cancelled.
If you’d like to place the order again, please get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to help. You can find our contact information at LEGO.com/service.

If you selected Missing Bricks or Broken Bricks by mistake, you can still purchase the pieces you requested. Just click here to get started.

Kind regards,
LEGO® Customer Service

P.S. Please don’t reply to this email because your message won’t be accepted by our system.
I forgot to order a few pieces so now I'm just going to do that one at a time.

That looks like your banned from replacement parts.
I literally haven't asked for parts in at least 3 years. I keep a notebook. I guess now once a month when I have a screwed up piece I need to ask for a replacement of one part at a time?!

I literally haven't asked for parts in at least 3 years. I keep a notebook. I guess now once a month when I have a screwed up piece I need to ask for a replacement of one part at a time?!
I suggest using their chat option and they can allow you to upload pics of the part(s). A proof of purchase seems to help too. I recently had a replacement part order for 1 go through after using this method. I was banned for over 3 years. My lifetime total of parts requested is under 30. Before my ban I tried to provide pics every time but half the time they would just tell me they didn’t want it after I’d describe the issue(s), part numbers and manufacturer code. Talked to multiple supervisors to no avail. Some said my account was dinged since there weren’t pics for each problem. But had no solution for cases the reps told me they didn’t want them or the few times it was for a sticker sheet that was missing. One of them seemed to take it personal because I complained about some major printing issues. He said the prints were bad but the LEGO is not broken. For example, a R2D2 head was missing half the print.

I hope it’s just their system flagging you for the amount and you can get it worked out. Good luck!

I suggest using their chat option and they can allow you to upload pics of the part(s). A proof of purchase seems to help too. I recently had a replacement part order for 1 go through after using this method. I was banned for over 3 years. My lifetime total of parts requested is under 30. Before my ban I tried to provide pics every time but half the time they would just tell me they didn’t want it after I’d describe the issue(s), part numbers and manufacturer code. Talked to multiple supervisors to no avail. Some said my account was dinged since there weren’t pics for each problem. But had no solution for cases the reps told me they didn’t want them or the few times it was for a sticker sheet that was missing. One of them seemed to take it personal because I complained about some major printing issues. He said the prints were bad but the LEGO is not broken. For example, a R2D2 head was missing half the print.

I hope it’s just their system flagging you for the amount and you can get it worked out. Good luck!
The issue is I don't even know what half the pieces went to. I literally write the numbers in the back of the instructions in this little notebook. One of them had a number and said '1x2 cheese slope' but the number was closer to a 1x2 brick. It was pre-pandemic when this started. Most of the pieces aren't a big deal, the issue I think that got flagged was I was asking for a replacement part retired 10 years ago. Again, in the past this wasn't an issue. I did a separate order for my messed up road plate and the Wall-e pieces that broke yesterday (His hand pieces). Hopefully that goes through. Moving forward I will now ask LEGO every time I miss a piece in every set to sent me those 1-2 pieces right away. I still need them to fix a messed up order, a dark red brick brick, and two 1x2 brown plates. None of these were important to me but now I'm annoyed.

Big daddy, gingerbread in stock at target now, includes 20% off on one toy with target circle.

If anyone cares, Heroquest board game seems to be the only thing that peaked my interest to include the 20% off.

Big daddy, gingerbread in stock at target now, includes 20% off on one toy with target circle.

If anyone cares, Heroquest board game seems to be the only thing that peaked my interest to include the 20% off.
Santa, Red Spaceman, Blue Spaceman, and White Spaceman are also in stock. Only pink is out of stock

Thanks! I got it for $1.75 after $10 Giftcard, .65 in Circle rewards, the 20% off coupon and 5% RedCard.

Comes in on the 15th. Hopefully Joe Biden doesn't kill us all by then.

Also bought Winnie the Pooh(Backordered), Roses, and Easter Bunnies from LEGO to get the Jane Goodall set.

Rumour is we will get a new 4 set theme based on Mythica, some LEGOLand ride, next month.

LEGO made 2 billion dollars in net profit last year so I'm sure they can't afford the 25 pieces I asked for or have any type of quality control.

Next month's GWP at $60 supposedly.
40527-1.jpg

That GWP looks like a blend of mixels and dots. I don't hate it, but not a must get for me.

I still need to redeem two coins in the next couple weeks. Not much in stock though. May have to try redeeming with a bricks order or something.

That GWP looks like a blend of mixels and dots. I don't hate it, but not a must get for me.

I still need to redeem two coins in the next couple weeks. Not much in stock though. May have to try redeeming with a bricks order or something.
Pick a Brick is dead (no bricks left) and Bricks and Pieces will be changing soon so you might want to hurry.

The easter thing is 'meh' however if it's only a $60 GWP then it's cute enough if you need gifts or something to build during the end times.

I really like the Goomba in the cake. At least I think it's a cake?

I don't hate the Peach figure, actually. I don't particularly like it, but I don't think it's terrible (compared to Mario and Luigi, at least).

$350 castle in August rumors!

Although I’m still confused how it was just the 60th anniversary and now it’s the 90th … maybe it’s bricks vs company.

Although I’m still confused how it was just the 60th anniversary and now it’s the 90th … maybe it’s bricks vs company.
Lego brick 60 years ago (a few years back), 40 something for the minifigure and 90 for the company.

The marketing research says people can't count so use whatever dividable-by-10 number you think will sell the most units.

bread's done
Back