LEGO Deals 3

The Harry Potter sets have been revealed and the prices have gone up. The theme's pricing are no longer some of the best in LEGO. And of course with that comes LEGO cultists making excuses for why a company that makes billions in profit every year has to increase their prices.

Ugh. Guess I'm probably in for the two sets that continue the modular Hogwarts though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Ugh. Guess I'm probably in for the two sets that continue the modular Hogwarts though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Those are the worst. I have all the others, even the redone Hogwarts, but these two look pathetic and are very overpriced.

Looks like the big micro-scale Hogwarts set is sticking around until 2024 per BrickFanatics. Kind of glad I held off on picking that up … it’s a cool set but that’s a big box and it’s nice to know I have a couple more years to decide on it.

I might have bit on the map for that price, bad side is the set would have been beat to shit.

Rumorville: UCS razorcrest in October for $530 and a hogwarts express with train station for $470

I might have bit on the map for that price, bad side is the set would have been beat to shit.

Rumorville: UCS razorcrest in October for $530 and a hogwarts express with train station for $470
Have the trains switched to the newer control hub system? That's the only reason I could see the price being so high (besides the normal price gouging for licensed sets)

ETA: Grabbed the adult hats. Didn't realize the Ideas camera was gone. Never got around to ordering it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the trains switched to the newer control hub system? That's the only reason I could see the price being so high (besides the normal price gouging for licensed sets)

ETA: Grabbed the adult hats. Didn't realize the Ideas camera was gone. Never got around to ordering it.
The Disney train and Station is $330. If the HP Train is a full train and a full station it would cost that much. The new City trains are using the same system as the 2018 ones, which is a first for LEGO in decades. They are $180 and $200 so HP being $500+ isn't shocking to me.

I think I'm going to wait on the hats and just see how 'vintage' they are.

If the train looks good and comes with several cars, I’ll probably bite. I’ve been wanting an upgraded train kit to repurpose for my Emerald Night … the greatest LEGO train set 😎

Ghost train all the way for me. I need to figure out additional cars for it though.

9467-1.png

The Delorean set I ordered on its release day was immediately back ordered and was listed as “Will ship before April 23,” but thankfully it shipped yesterday and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Can’t wait for it to arrive!

Looks like the JP set I preordered from Target is getting ready to ship. Wonder how hard to find that set will be … I’m tempted to get it through Shop@Home instead but I guess we’ll see.

I showed my son the Botanicals this morning and he said he saw them weeks ago too.  Little dork didn't tell me about them, and he knows I like them.

Which set? And why will it be rare?
The new T. Rex Breakout (as opposed to the LEGO Juniors set from a few years back with the exact same name … weird), it’s a Target / LEGO store exclusive I believe. Don’t think it will be “hard” hard to get, but might sell out at launch.

The new T. Rex Breakout (as opposed to the LEGO Juniors set from a few years back with the exact same name … weird), it’s a Target / LEGO store exclusive I believe. Don’t think it will be “hard” hard to get, but might sell out at launch.
Are we sure it's a Target 'exclusive'? The Space Port Peoples' Pack from a few years ago was a Target exclusive too... that also was sold at Best Buy.

The new T. Rex Breakout (as opposed to the LEGO Juniors set from a few years back with the exact same name … weird),
To add to the confusion, one of the new 4+ sets this month is called T. Rex Dinosaur Breakout. And let's not forget Indominus Rex Breakout

I showed my son the Botanicals this morning and he said he saw them weeks ago too. Little dork didn't tell me about them, and he knows I like them.
What a punk. I'd be telling him, "Santa's tossing your name on the naughty list early this year."

To add to the confusion, one of the new 4+ sets this month is called T. Rex Dinosaur Breakout. And let's not forget Indominus Rex Breakout
Universal has a requirement with LEGO that each dinosaur be given a set with the name "Breakout" in it. This is simply LEGO honoring that legal obligation.

Found the Muppets CMFs at Target today. They count toward the “spend $50 on select Lego get $10 gift card” promo
Did you buy them? People have been complaining that because they are street dated you can't buy them. However because Target gives all minifigures the same barcode you couldn't buy series 22 either. :lol:

Did you buy them? People have been complaining that because they are street dated you can't buy them. However because Target gives all minifigures the same barcode you couldn't buy series 22 either. :lol:
I was able to buy them. I price-checked them first, but I didn't know they would count toward gift card. I bought enough to qualify but I could have strategized better and gotten a 2nd gift card by buying a smaller qualifying set on a second transaction.

Speaking of the Muppets, has anyone bought a box of collectible minifigures before? Any suggestions on the best place to do so?
I've been using Entertainment Earth since Series 1. No discounts and you have to wait a bit, but it's free shipping and convenient. The main reason I started a Bricklink store is to sell off doubles because I'm terrible at feeling bags.

Speaking of the Muppets, has anyone bought a box of collectible minifigures before? Any suggestions on the best place to do so?
The Entertainment Earth is the only place I've seen where boxes are sold regularly. But the cost is the same as if you just bought them in any store.

The new plants are up on Target for preorder.

eBay is another option for a CMF box. High-rep sellers have them for less than retail.

I'm  a sucker for blind buying blind bags because I'm a gamblin' man by nature. But then I end up with a bunch of Dr. Honeydews and no Fozzies. 

The issue with boxes is you don't know if LEGO will give you three full sets or 1 Kermit and Ms. Piggy and 6 of Janice.

I've just been getting my cmf sets on ebay the last couple years. If the set is incorrect, they fix it or ebay refunds the whole purchase. Don't have to worry about feeling packs anymore. In my area, they are harder to come by since my days at TRU.  Stores here just don't stock them on the regular.  I do need a new way to display them though, those large minifig cases are getting expensive.

I've just been getting my cmf sets on ebay the last couple years. If the set is incorrect, they fix it or ebay refunds the whole purchase. Don't have to worry about feeling packs anymore. In my area, they are harder to come by since my days at TRU. Stores here just don't stock them on the regular. I do need a new way to display them though, those large minifig cases are getting expensive.
I ebay a whole set for $55-$65, it's a lot easier and Target and Walmarts near me never seem to have them anymore. I swear I bought series 21 and my purchase history doesn't have it.

Anyone still trade? I'm missing some of series 20, a full set seems rare on ebay. And still need three Vidiyo characters after an eBay seller seems to be ignoring me. :lol:

You can win a big case...
https://brickset.com/article/74215/reminder-win-a-minifigure-display-case

Anyone familiar with these Nifeliz knockoffs on Amazon? Some of the builds actually look pretty cool and the prices seem decent. This one is kind of cool
They are offbrand / knockoffs like you mentioned, but decent quality. I'd say 80-90% of Lego quality typically. You do sometimes get a warped part, but it's usually a common piece that you can source from your own spare parts or get a replacement from them. My biggest complaint is that flat tiles (the pieces with a flat, shiny surface) tend to be more scuffed up than official Lego -- but it varies.

The set you linked and most of the other medieval building sets they have are designed as alternative builds for the Lego Ideas Medieval Blacksmith (one of my personal favorites).

Does anyone here know of a way to get a small amount of LEGO VIP points outside of buying stuff directly from LEGO or the “Get More Points” tab of the VIP Program section on LEGO’s website?

I’m 43 points shy of a $5 discount code that I would love to redeem and use on an upcoming order!

Does anyone here know of a way to get a small amount of LEGO VIP points outside of buying stuff directly from LEGO or the “Get More Points” tab of the VIP Program section on LEGO’s website?

I’m 43 points shy of a $5 discount code that I would love to redeem and use on an upcoming order!
Nope. Lego made it seem like there would be other ways to get points when the new system launched years ago, but nope. Those are the only ways.

There was something with Nintendo rewards but I'm not sure if that is still active.
Thanks for the responses! Bummer that there’s no other way to accumulate VIP points.

I completed the Nintendo/LEGO Mario stuff for VIP points and My Nintendo Rewards last year when it was rolled out.

Thanks for the responses! Bummer that there’s no other way to accumulate VIP points.

I completed the Nintendo/LEGO Mario stuff for VIP points and My Nintendo Rewards last year when it was rolled out.
If I could I would honestly just give you the damn 43 points. I have close to 10,000.

I never ordered the hats. (Stupid vintage.) Weirdly they were removed. The kids hat is left, but the adult ones were removed. It's weird because the coins just say 'sold out'.

The hats are pretty nice. Not a huge fan of the pre-worn look (especially having manufactured tears on the edge of the bill). On the plus side, they don't have giant LEGO logos plastered on them, nor are they the giant flat-bill hats. Can't stand those.

The hats are pretty nice. Not a huge fan of the pre-worn look (especially having manufactured tears on the edge of the bill). On the plus side, they don't have giant LEGO logos plastered on them, nor are they the giant flat-bill hats. Can't stand those.
If they weren't vintage I would have got them right away. The tears really piss me off so I couldn't decide however I lost two more hats this week. But yes flat bill hats are the worse.

I'm glad we got rid of masks because again I lose all my good ones.

I purchased the Nifeliz Aquarium for my daughter for Christmas. It's our first (and only, thus far) non-LEGO brand set. It was a fun build and a pretty unique set compared to LEGO's own modulars. It looks fantastic. I put that coffee shop you linked on my wishlist at the same time as the Aquarium. I'll pick it up at some point, along with another modular that I'm blanking on at the moment.

There are 2-3 questionable design elements/techniques but as this is a display piece (daughter is too old to "play" with LEGO) they don't bother me too much. If she was younger and still actively playing with LEGO, I'd have to redesign the skylight, it's super fragile. There are a couple other things but that was the main issue I had. I think one of the floors had several steps where you're laying out various flat plates together that aren't interlocked until a later step.

Quality-wise, Katsumi is probably spot on with 80-90%. We didn't have any problems per se, but I know my daughter had a few random issues where some pieces were more snug and harder to put together.

I think their packaging is nicer. Smaller and stronger box and packed tighter. Not near as much wasted space. LEGO packaging is like potato chips, mostly air.

There’s a new Jurassic World polybag on Target.com that I hadn’t seen until now. Site shows in stock all around me but they never seem to put them out right away.

https://www.target.com/p/lego-jurassic-world-dinosaur-market-30390/-/A-84114445

Lego used to be even worse with bloated boxes. I still have a sealed Agents set from 2008 that has about 500 pieces and the box size is about equal to a $120-$150 set today.

I have a misshaped pumpkin head so the hats were never an option for me. Im really hoping they do more actual Lego VIP sets.

bread's done
Back