LEGO Deals 3

It’s $270
What the fuck?!?! I thought I saw $230. LEGO has completely lost their fucking minds!

I want some $300 sets, but I'm not spending $450 on them when they get a price increase next month. LEGO can go fuck itself without lube. Greedy fucking useless pieces of shit.

I think your just the chap to give it to them raw.

fuck those cunts and their ambassador program of tryhards and lack of negativity.
Raw is awesome, but you got to use lube... most of the time.

I hope LEGO is in for a rude awakening when they increase the price 25%+. However like you said fuck the fatasses who think LEGO is their fucking best friend and make excuses. fuck them all.

The 230 price I saw was the English pounds price.

I don't play video games anymore but I did buy a Switch in November, that I returned, for $285 from Target that came with Mario Kart. THIS COSTS THE SAME AS A fuckING SWITCH?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the Bowser … but between the price and the idea of justifying displaying a giant LEGO Bowser in my home … I don’t know … I like it more than the cube or the NES, but it feels like the NES will be collectible and Bowser … well it’s a lot like the Harry Potter big figs … more of a novelty than anything else.

The big figs were great. Especially when Target had them 50% off.

I’m debating some Technic super cars before the price increase. The Sian and Ferrari. But that’s still some major sticker shock

I’m debating some Technic super cars before the price increase. The Sian and Ferrari. But that’s still some major sticker shock
Well good thing there’s another double vip event coming up next week. Probably going to pick up the Ferrari and the coaster.

Yeah and the big figs were 'only' $120 to start. I got them for $60 from Target too.

Whan does the price increase go into effect and is it across all Lego sets or specific ones?

Whan does the price increase go into effect and is it across all Lego sets or specific ones?
According to one blog, it'll affect about 25% of products and happen in August/September. The only list of sets I saw was on stonewars and it was EU specific. The biggest % increases seemed to be the bigger sets, and some unreleased sets had their prices increased (the rumors were that the huge castle was originally $350 but now $400, for example).

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/lego-price-increases-are-coming-official-statement-from-the-lego-group/

Wow the thread blew up after a couple of days of calm, and it's all about Bowser, inflation, and lube.
So nothing new really?
You think the girl on girl jetskiers don't use lube?

It's mostly the bigger sets because LEGO figures adults are stupid and will pay almost anything for poor quality sets. However the Speed Champs sets go from $20 to $25, the double ones probably $40 to $50. The Nintendo blind bags are up to $6 from $5.

The prices will increase in August and September. Most of the newer sets have already had their priced increased, however the trains are supposedly going up in Europe and they haven't even been released in the USA yet.

Well the only other Lego set I want to get this year, before it retires, is the 89 Batwing and am wondering if it will go up or not given it's due to retire soon.   I've already spent a lot this month on toys so I'm kinda tapped at the moment but at the same time don't want to see the price go from $200 to $250 in September when I'll have more disposable income.

I really like the Bowser … but between the price and the idea of justifying displaying a giant LEGO Bowser in my home … I don’t know … I like it more than the cube or the NES, but it feels like the NES will be collectible and Bowser … well it’s a lot like the Harry Potter big figs … more of a novelty than anything else.
I like the Bowser set more than the cube but less than the NES. And the NES wasn't $270!

It's mostly the bigger sets because LEGO figures adults are stupid and will pay almost anything for poor quality sets.
I'll confess that I allow nostalgia to make me do stupid things with money.

The Bowser is a nice sculpture, and I have a tough time telling scale just off the promo photos, but I'm not nearly enough of a Bowser/Mario fan to spend that much. The NES has been on my wishlist for awhile and I'd much rather spend $$$ on that. But all of my stupid money is going to that castle.

Anyone know what the secret is on the ends of the castle … I know it can split into two individual structures but I was watching a video with some guy and the designers and they showed him some sort of Easter egg at the end of the video, but they intentionally faced the model away from the camera. Seems like that build has a lot of hidden references and little nooks … I’m actually coming around to probably dropping the $400 on it. Might actually immediately open it up and build it too … a rarity for me these days 😜

Well the only other Lego set I want to get this year, before it retires, is the 89 Batwing and am wondering if it will go up or not given it's due to retire soon. I've already spent a lot this month on toys so I'm kinda tapped at the moment but at the same time don't want to see the price go from $200 to $250 in September when I'll have more disposable income.
I'd bet on it going up in price.

Anyone know what the secret is on the ends of the castle … I know it can split into two individual structures but I was watching a video with some guy and the designers and they showed him some sort of Easter egg at the end of the video, but they intentionally faced the model away from the camera. Seems like that build has a lot of hidden references and little nooks … I’m actually coming around to probably dropping the $400 on it. Might actually immediately open it up and build it too … a rarity for me these days 😜
I read somewhere that there’s a pow block and some other block on the other tower to have some sort of playability with the starter course.

No one cared about my $8.50 Vidiyo deals! That's like 60% off! :lol:
I want the damn boom box but that pos won’t drop.

I read somewhere that there’s a pow block and some other block on the other tower to have some sort of playability with the starter course.

I want the damn boom box but that pos won’t drop.
It was $70 at one point. I almost bought it for $55 from my top secret eBay seller.

Lego's price gauging has begun! Thor's Goat Boat went from $50 and is listed as $60 at Target.

But the inflation of the last 3 months really demands a 20% price hike! It'sPutin's fault not LEGO! LEGO needs to make 3 billion dollars! fucking idiot LEGO cultists.  :bomb:

VIP has a new poster, sticker and a little teddy bear poly bag! There is actual LEGO.

It’s odd because the goat boat is in this week’s circular for the original $50. Target just be like that.

It’s $40 at GameStop along with some other Lego sets at 20% off

Target is the only place showing $60 and they have been known to markup sets over retail and have them priced differently in stores. If for some reason you HAVE to buy them at target, they still price match other retailers 🤷🏻‍♂️

Target is the only place showing $60 and they have been known to markup sets over retail and have them priced differently in stores. If for some reason you HAVE to buy them at target, they still price match other retailers ‍♂
I have never seen Target price sets higher. That's why this stood out to me.

The Dutch are pissed that the dollar is almost equal to the euro. =\
But the Euro prices have a 21% tax already included in the price. It's why until 5-7 years ago the Euro price was almost always 20% higher.

I have never seen Target price sets higher. That's why this stood out to me.

But the Euro prices have a 21% tax already included in the price. It's why until 5-7 years ago the Euro price was almost always 20% higher.
Same. I don't recall Target jacking up their prices.

I was actually going to price match the Gamestop deal at Target today, due to Red Card saving an extra 5%...but now Gamestop has sold out of the set, so, there goes that idea, sadly.

I have never seen Target price sets higher. That's why this stood out to me..
Same. I don't recall Target jacking up their prices.

I was actually going to price match the Gamestop deal at Target today, due to Red Card saving an extra 5%...but now Gamestop has sold out of the set, so, there goes that idea, sadly.
This has happened at target a couple times within the last 18 months or so. When a new wave of marvel or Star Wars sets came out they had them about $20 more over retail and then one of the newer winter village sets was $50-$60 over retail
Lots of people in the Lego fb groups I’m in were reporting this. Thought it was initially an error on the shelves but they were ringing up for the prices as marked. Some folks would bring it to targets attention, the store associates basically said “oh well, that’s what it’s ringing up as on our system” but would still price match other stores. It took some folks notifying and asking LEGO what the deal was for it to change. Hasn’t happened since but it definitely did and was a big deal in the fb groups

What GameStop deal?

Some of those hikes are particularly rough. A 20-25% hike on what already was overpriced.

I still love Lego but it’s going from a hobby to a luxury and my paycheck can’t afford luxuries these days

My problem is this is simply greed.
Like one of the comments of The Brick Fan said the new James Bond Speed Champs car is $25 instead of $20. The set could be amazing but LEGO screwed up the printing of the back windshield. If LEGO was using the money to make all the colors match, to make the printing correct, then almost okay. But they aren't.

The USA prices have been 20% overpriced for years now and LEGO simply wants more money so let's make them 40-50% overpriced. Good luck to them with their new plant in Virginia. People won't be able to afford LEGO in the USA with our 'standard' of living and the upcoming depression.

I didn't buy the Delorean at launch, waiting for a deal... :shock:  :shock:  :shock: .

Any mention of Optimus going up?

Ugh … here I am thinking that I could wait on Hogwarts because it will be in print for at least another year or two … but I don’t want to pay $70 more for it. Ugh … yeah, those price increases are pretty bold. Might be scaling back on LEGO in general

$81 at BB today.
It's $70 on eBay all the time.
I'm hoping for $50.
Also I still need three Vidiyo's from series one, people hit me up. :p

Also no chance Optimus goes up, no one wants it for the already outrageous price. :)

I feel like if it's in a black box, it's open season for increases.

Kids and I went to the mall yesterday.  I bought the Sunflowers for $13 and my son bought a damaged box Discovery shuttle for $200 with $35 back in points.  World is upside down because it used to be me buying the expensive sets and him being happy with the $10 cheap stuff.

If there is any upside to this, my Giants beat your Padres bad yesterday elessar!

[attachment=37063:BB894A88-A241-4C38-9B7C-90B177244582.jpeg]
[attachment=37064:08436BA3-FA72-4150-A3E8-C726C973A756.jpeg]

Wow, a $70 hike on the Scian?  Yeah, fuck LEGO.  Guess I won't be picking that one up to go with my Bugatti.  They're going to price their consumers out of buying their products.  You'd think with competition ramping up, and their quality getting better prices would be more competitive.  

bread's done
Back