LEGO Deals 3

My youngest is a senior this year, so the AT AT is his last Xmas hurrah.  I planned to use the Kohl's cash to get more sets for his Bday in April, but I saw that I could use it to get an Arcade1up pinball table for me.   :whistle2:$  We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the AT AT from Kohl's today...fast shipping so it's in really good shape.  Shipped in the lego fitted box, so I have to rip off the label that tells what it is and hide it.  Giving Kohl's a thumbs up for this one.

I like the parade set but that EU/US price difference man. (Only 100 euros)
Wow. Never noticed that. That is complete bullshit. LEGO can fuck off. It's actually $80 then because of VAT taxes. So we get a $10 price increase and Europe still is 100 Euro even as their currency collapses quicker than the USA.

Probably be on sale for at least 30% but still. fuck LEGO's greed.

They also get the sets on December 25, a week earlier than even Asian countries.

Well it looks really nice. I'm never going to get it and I think LEGO making so many $500+ sets is insane, but it looks nice.

I thought this would be a GWP, but thankfully it's not. Much more in my price range at $25, and probably all prints and no stickers.

40648-1.jpg

You’d have to really love Paris/ The Eiffel Tower to buy a 5 foot version of it imo, but to each their own.

When does the vip week and LEGO house $250 GWP start, is that this coming week?

You’d have to really love Paris/ The Eiffel Tower to buy a 5 foot version of it imo, but to each their own.

When does the vip week and LEGO house $250 GWP start, is that this coming week?
Who bought the Titanic? Who buys those Technic race cars? People like different things.

I'm pretty it is, but can't remember what comes out when. However the Eiffel Tower and it's GWP come out Back Friday.

The Titanic and the Technic race cars can easily be displayed on top of a long bookshelf. You’d need to have pretty strong intent and display space for a 5 foot tall tower with a square base. Personal preferences aside, the thing is massive.

Matching Walmart, I wish I could have grabbbed a few more when they were $90.
I almost bought one last week but decided to stick to time traveling or ghost fighting vehicles. (Or crime fighting talking dog if LEGO comes to their senses and give us the Scooby Doo van.)

Target added some sale items that stack with the $10 GC. Minecraft Pig House is $40, Luigi's Mansion costume set is $21, the City wildlife sets like the $90 elephant set for $69.

Best Buy has about a dozen sets for 30-40% off. 

Missed on a Bowser's Ship for $64 by hesitating for a second time. Buy first, return later. :lol:

Macy's has 120 sets on sale for 20% off. Not a huge discount but the 20% is on newer sets that haven't been on sale a ton. Including the last of the original Friends sets, like the arcade for $48; the still overpriced, and retiring soon, farm for $56. Some of the sets have a little Honey cashback.

I kind of like the Tribute Set, but it's not enough for me to spend more than I otherwise would.
I like it, but it's supposedly a $220 purchase. Five years ago that be a GWP for $100. There are no special pieces or minifigures.

I'm organizing LEGO now that my workload is next to nothing. Turns out I might have thrown out the first two bags of the last $100 NinjaGo temple, the snake thing and the little red mech. :wall:

I never knew there was a secret apartment at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Won't be buying the set, but may scope out ebay prices on the promo.

You can get 5x VIP points on in store purchases for several large sets that Lego says is their “most popular” but ok. Hogwarts train, Loop Coaster, Atari, Black Panther and a couple others. For online orders you can redeem 100 points and get a discount (eg $45 on Atari, $100 on train). By my calculations, the online discount + 2x VIP would be slightly better than 5x VIP (for atari $4.50 + less tax + it’s an instant discount rather than points) but I don’t really care for the sets offered so I’m not thinking too hard.

Starting on 19 you can spend 2400 points for the dragon ride set that was a Canada toys r us exclusive. Not sure if the others also will be available.

And during the weekend you can get a baking/cookie cutter? gift at $65.

Details for all this crap on Lego.com.

And the Eiffel Tower is already $50 more ($680) than the press release on Brickset. Good job, PR

Brickset has a review of the LEGO Tribute GWP. The tiles are printed! So $500 sets, stickers, a GWP has prints. 

I just want to know if you can redeem in store, I took one for the Camaro and HWE.
The rumour is no because in store those sets will have 5X points and the rewards online is for online. If they stack that be neat. But again just a rumour.

These massive discounts as rewards are pretty telling in what's going on with sales. I mean, $100 off a set for 100 points, that's just a discount disguised as a reward. I think it's also indicative of how sales are going on those sets that are available. I think they're all sets that people have questioned the pricing on at one point or another and sure enough now they're being discounted. Seems to me like the market is speaking to Lego and they're finding out they can't actually charge whatever they want for sets, even the most popular lines...

Lego learning from Bricklink sellers who jack up their prices and then put everything 20% off  

These massive discounts as rewards are pretty telling in what's going on with sales. I mean, $100 off a set for 100 points, that's just a discount disguised as a reward. I think it's also indicative of how sales are going on those sets that are available. I think they're all sets that people have questioned the pricing on at one point or another and sure enough now they're being discounted. Seems to me like the market is speaking to Lego and they're finding out they can't actually charge whatever they want for sets, even the most popular lines...
The only other time I can remember LEGO discounting new sets was the Disney Train because the first three month sales sucked. But a massive discount on all the huge overpriced by a mile sets is telling. I'm still amazed that the Christmas village set this year is still for sale. That normally sells out quick. LEGO picked a really bad time to price gouge and try to blame inflation.

Lego learning from Bricklink sellers who jack up their prices and then put everything 20% off
Lego owns Bricklink so they own all the data collected from the site, which is probably why they bought it.

And Kohls' sucks. I have the $15 in Kohl's Cash. Last week free shipping was $29, this week it's $49. I went to buy a $50 set, the 'Cash' make the set $35, need to spend $14 more dollars to get free shipping. Can't ship to the store closest to me for some reason.

The only other time I can remember LEGO discounting new sets was the Disney Train because the first three month sales sucked. But a massive discount on all the huge overpriced by a mile sets is telling. I'm still amazed that the Christmas village set this year is still for sale. That normally sells out quick. LEGO picked a really bad time to price gouge and try to blame inflation.
Yeah this feels even bigger than that though, I mean, some of these were October sets meaning they’re barely 6 weeks old. Sales have to be absolutely abysmal on Black Panther that they’re already knocking almost 20% off the price.

The only one I find a little surprising is the Camaro, I thought those size cars always sold alright. But yeah, the rest had overpriced low sales written all over them from the moment they even leaked.

Just watch though, that Harry Potter train is gonna get discontinued in 6 months and suddenly it’ll be selling for $1000 or more.

Just watch though, that Harry Potter train is gonna get discontinued in 6 months and suddenly it’ll be selling for $1000 or more.
The Disney Train was discounted by 30% within two months. Then went back to full price and enjoyed a long life. The Disney Train is a good example because even though it was the first 8 wide LEGO train it was still a train that would function. You take that brown turd Creator train, it still fit on the LEGO system of tracks. The HP one doesn't and that's incredibly stupid. It's why I'm hesitant to say sales will increase or that it will go for so much after it's retired. But year, I have a Elves dragon my mom got for like $10, it's worth $150 if the box was in decent shape. (Mine has a whole in it.)

I knew they would bring it back, big key difference which is only cosmetic is that it doesn’t come with slipcover.

Big ymmv at Costco, saw the LEGO advent calendars for $30, also spotted this.

[attachment=37508:9A094304-A873-45F9-8D10-D97B0833D0F7.jpeg]

Hell of a deal on filters too.

[attachment=37509:8CA478A6-5531-4566-9AAA-FA2A5663DABB.jpeg]

bread's done
Back